My "Age" ranting...

KittyPurrs - Sanctuary
KittyPurrs - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
So i've been seeing quite a few times random "moms" and "dads" in my faction telling me & others having this "conversation" to keep it PG13. Nobody else has a problem in the faction with this but some random person will pop up and say "i have kids that play this game, keep it pg13" i mean all do respect! But if you're letting your little 13 year old kid play this game.. A game with killing monsters and females that can run around under clothed in bikini tops and bottoms, shorts that show thongs.. AND you tell me to keep my chat pg13... Honestly guys come on, whats wrong with this picture? O_o

I really want to hear peoples point of view on this.. It sparks my interest..
I give a new definition the word "Purr" b:pleased
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by KittyPurrs - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Meh.

What kid doesn't know cuss words these days anyways? Or what sex is? Etc, etc.
    Belligero
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tell those parents to STFU, seriously. Kids learn worse stuff from tv, radio, friends, school, anywhere in public, and even from those same parents. They tell you to watch your language, yet they let their children play a game that has violence and blood in it. This game is centered around war. It pretty much teaches killing. When you go up to a monster, what do you do? Shake its hand and play jump rope with it? No! You slaughter it until it is DEAD. If these parents are so overprotective of their kids, then they shouldn't even allow them to be on the computer to begin with. That thing called the internet corrupts people very easily.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i find people who try to 'shelter' their children, or act prudish and offended toward bathroom humor to be highly annoying. they have no business telling anyone how to behave, and if theyre going to be so close minded, they may as well remove all sources of media from the house. its ridiculous.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <---keeps it unrated in my faction chat i mean damn look at my **** name lulz
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I am one of them people who tends to turn off faction chat when people's mouths move faster then thier brains. I dont enjoy sexual jokes, racist jokes or anything making fun of someones religion or sexual orintation. I dont tell them what to say i just turn it off. However, I do think people should really think about it sometimes, what you find funny might be quite offensive to someone else.

if it happens in squad chat then I will say something as i need squad chat to be able to do my job in that squad

also, its not always mom's and dad's i am not that old myself and I have no children b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Fine - I'm not under 13.

Keep your language clean, please, kiddies - us adults don't want to bother wading through your filth.

Or, at least, keep it entertaining. You bags of corpulent monkey scrotums :)
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No offense, but maybe people don't wanna see something the equivalent of cyber and you should keep it in whispers. b:surrender
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not my problem if parents let their kids play games that include more mature content. They shouldn't be using a game as a babysitting tool in the first place, and it shouldn't be my obligation to censor myself just because of lazy parenting.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I dont enjoy sexual jokes,

I love those jokes why can't you QQ

scrotums

xD I have been called that before I loled becaz I didn't kno what it meant
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they're just annoyed that a bunch of sexually starved miscreants are awkwardly dry-humping one another verbally when the appropriate action would be to hide, shamefully, your glaring lack of real physical contact by taking it to PMs with similarly deprived individuals.

I know that's why I hate people like you, anyway. ^_____^
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I run my own 18+ Faction and chat can at times get colourful, but there are lines that should NEVER be crossed (ie: being sexist,racist) and if they are crossed I will politely tell people to stop.

It has nothing to do with being a prude or maybe trying to protect "teh kids" in your factions, its about having respect for others of any age.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they're just annoyed that a bunch of sexually starved miscreants are awkwardly dry-humping one another verbally when the appropriate action would be to hide, shamefully, your glaring lack of real physical contact by taking it to PMs with similarly deprived individuals.

There r grown men who play this game who marry children n teens in this game.
    They seem to dry hump moar imo
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    There r grown men who play this game who marry children n teens in this game.
    They seem to dry hump moar imo

Heh, they're the ones who do it the most, I've seen. (Well, them, and 40-year-old men pretending to be women so that they can get cash shoppers to +10 their gear.) They seem to be testing the waters to make sure Dateline won't show up to their house with cameras and the local Sheriff's office...
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

absolute statements are always wrong. saying 'people like you' or generalizing them like above is fairly ignorant, for all we know, you could be a convicted sex offender on megan's law website, or an absolutely chast, abstainant monk. heck, i could be wrong, but just throwing it out there.

just because people play games in a very involved manner does not make them 'sex starved perverts.' some find nerds just like them to do that kind of stuff with O_o;
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Eh. I myself dont mind cussing/swearing/sexual jokes but thats because I've learned to deal with them and even use them myself.

On a side note; I hate how some teachers at my high school seem to forget that we're in high school and we cuss/swear/make sexual jokes. It makes me laugh inside when someone gets a detention for cussing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    absolute statements are always wrong.

So it's safe to discard what you just said.

:D
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It has nothing to do with being a prude or maybe trying to protect "teh kids" in your factions, its about having respect for others of any age.

that there is the key part, it is the disrespect and disreguard for others that I do not like. when you have 100+ people in one "room" you are going to have all races, all sexes, all religions, all sexual orientations all mashed together.

so you crack a joke say about [insert thing here] which you are meaning it as funny and people are laughing about it. there is likely someone in the room who is of that said thing and feels you are laughing at them or putting them down.

There is a huge difference between telling them jokes in a small private company and telling them in front of a huge crowd, normally in your private company you know alot more about them and they know you.

Its all about Respect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    So it's safe to discard what you just said.

:D
    someone doesnt know how to read =D.
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    someone doesnt know how to read =D.

Oh, the ironing. [sic]
    that there is the key part, it is the disrespect and disreguard for others that I do not like.

I actually care very little for respecting the beliefs of others, as ideals that are so easily tarnished are not worth the metaphorical paper they're printed on. Parents worried about their children can quite easily protect their children from the frightening, different world that inevitably awaits them by simply turning the game off. (Same with the television; legislating censorship "for the sake of the children" speaks for more of horrific parenting skills than it does of responsible law-making.)

Moreover, I'm hardly an asexual, chaste--it's spelled with an "e" at the end, folks--individual. I had no problems with my faction leader in a previous game, who would use bending over and spreading his own cheeks as a conciliatory motion to dispel strife within the guild, considering it was jocular in nature. Joking around is fine; hungry desperation for any recognition of your craven sexuality from other people (most likely your same gender, though you pretend not to know it) publicly is not fine, unless making yourself a target for people like me who derive sick pleasure out of schadenfreude is all of the sudden a socially acceptable pastime.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it's very rude to allow everyone else to realize how pathetic you really are.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It makes me laugh inside when someone gets a detention for cussing.

27 odd years ago when I was still in High School... my teachers HATED me. I cussed like a sailor then, and they would get all butt hurt about it. Then give me suspensions (YAY! No School! Moar Fishing!) when I cussed them up one side and down the other.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I got thrown out of school for cussing my teachers out. What still amazes me to this day.. is they never figured out that is exactly what I WANTED them to do.

lol oh and you know those 'detentions'? They only work if you show up for them. I never did. XD.

~DF
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    I cussed like a sailor then, and they would get all butt hurt about it.

No ****. I keep praying for the day that PWI makes the censorship filter optional. Makes me miss FFXI...almost.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol oh and you know those 'detentions'? They only work if you show up for them. I never did. XD.

We just get more detentions b:surrender And if we don't go to them, we get suspended. It sucks, lol, because my school will find a way to make you take that detention =_=;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    No ****. I keep praying for the day that PWI makes the censorship filter optional. Makes me miss FFXI...almost.
    or diablo 2 Q_Q where censorship doesnt exist.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    We just get more detentions b:surrender And if we don't go to them, we get suspended. It sucks, lol, because my school will find a way to make you take that detention =_=;;

I RELISHED suspensions. They meant I could spend the day fishing, rather than being bored out of my head in school.

~DF
  • AnotherDay - Raging Tide
    AnotherDay - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cussing i have no problem with. Its Sexual jokes, and Racial jokes i have a problem. I find that people in my school Use profanity In the halls during school, and nothing happens. If i were to use profanity in my school, Suspension the first time. b:surrender
    ^ hates hipocrites
    Helping other to live to fight another day. That is my job.
    My guild: OUTLAW
  • Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear
    Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i totally agree everyone knows what everything means and even if they dont they dont know it so either way it dosent really matter so they either know it or they dont im 16 in a few days my mum and dad dont like me swearing but its a game most words are blocked now anyway people only say sh!.t and f.uck to get round the block so personally i think it should stay the way it is.

Also yeh racial abuse is totally wrong i support no racial things never really here any sexual things anyway .
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A game with killing monsters and females that can run around under clothed in bikini tops and bottoms, shorts that show thongs..

ewer heard of.. a beach?

and ye ur kiling virtual monsters made from pixels....oh noes some1 get the police o.o

any1 that triws to "protect" theyr clihdren by tearing them out of the real world.... ye...have fun ;D
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's about respect, IMO. My faction is an adult faction and there are several members with religious convictions. If you have respect for your fellow members and they ask you to tone it down, tone it down...and you always have the option to hit the "Leave Faction" button and find a faction where your behavior is acceptable.

That's the way I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if u wanna protect ur children, don't let them play that game. thats it
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if u wanna protect ur children, don't let them play that game. thats it

this

made me lol irl...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.