Building Assassin

Options

Comments

• op3th
    op3th Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rexberry wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to build a PVP sin.

Regrettably, she gets her damage from dex...
    (which doesn't make sense because dex is supposed to increase ranged physical damage and sins use daggers)

WTF?

look up the definition for the word Dexterity. you also see a word Dexterous which means..

dexterous - deft: skillful in physical movements; especially of the hands; "a deft waiter"; "deft fingers massaged her face"; "dexterous of hand and inventive ...

Dex has nothing to do with Range it means you are quick enough to hit my vital spot before i can block it.. (Crit) which means PWE is finally using this "Dex" **** correctly now.

anytime you see a Rogue type class 90% of the time they depend on dex
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    WHAT!? Assassins on another game is NOT the same as assassins here. You are a complete fool for even considering it.

WTS Sarcasm detector
    This thread just makes me smile and laugh b:chuckleb:surrender

I know right?
    b:surrender developpers aint noobs...

Lmao.. sure
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They have skills to get in quick, a skill to prevent a condition from hitting them, and a skill to boost the damage their crits do. Seems point blank they are meant to be full spike and get the heck out afterwards. Mostly see them griefing in cube alot though, since they need to be higher level than their target for invis to prevent targeting. And they need that range of levels in one spot to pick on.

No sense gimping what they are designed for, off of what they can 'end up' having for extra health. If they have +12 all armor, it really doesn't matter whether it's heavy or light, does it? Because unless someone else has the same refined gear, then it's not worth worrying about. Looking at +5 gear for comparison would make more sense, since that is what many end gamers currently have, and what you can expect to face realistically. If someone has higher, it's not a fair fight against them anyways.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    4 dex 1 str wear LA /end thread
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Only stupid people discuss about unreleased classes' builds.b:shutup
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.

Personally, I think it's completely reasonable to ask questions about upcoming class builds, etc. because there are people who played/are playing the closed beta on the forums. Of course, going to their threads (i.e. Korren's) might be a better place to search for some of the answers you're seeking.

-EDIT-
    I love how some people think of preparation as blasphemy. Makes me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.

Personally, I think it's completely reasonable to ask questions about upcoming class builds, etc. because there are people who played/are playing the closed beta on our forums.

hug?
    2MnBzp68m3vpfw7zOyIQSbKJ_400.jpg

also sure why not do teh speculation.
    (^.^)
    b:victory
    only like.....6 days till tideborn come out anyway.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    5 str, 5 dex, 5 vit, 5 mag per level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!
    edited December 2009
    Options
    5 str, 5 dex, 5 vit, 5 mag per level.

xD
    Epic Win right there.
    =O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Thank you mister therapist for listening to my opinion.b:bye
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *everyone hugs Alacol*

let's see him blushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't want your hugs :P

-Drifting off topic-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd think that if they intend for them to use light armor, wouldn't they have some wiggle room for heavy armor? Unless they are like magic users who can ware Robes or Light but if they choose light they have NO spare points at all to put anywhere else.
    I've yet to play an archer a lot, though, they're likely an archer clone with a change of weapon. And I don't think I've ever seen an archer in heavy armor, probably because they have to put so much into their Dex to use anything much the same way magic users are restricted by their weapon requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    op3th wrote: »
    WTF?

look up the definition for the word Dexterity. you also see a word Dexterous which means..

dexterous - deft: skillful in physical movements; especially of the hands; "a deft waiter"; "deft fingers massaged her face"; "dexterous of hand and inventive ...

Dex has nothing to do with Range it means you are quick enough to hit my vital spot before i can block it.. (Crit) which means PWE is finally using this "Dex" **** correctly now.

anytime you see a Rogue type class 90% of the time they depend on dex

Look, these are the PWI forums. When I started a thread here, I kind of expected everyone to know that PWI would be the subject. Regardless of the definition of the word "Dexterity" in the English language, if you hover your cursor over the word "Dexterity" in game in the character menu, you'll see that it says "Increases ranged physical attack". Please check this for yourself < <;.
    No sense gimping what they are designed for, off of what they can 'end up' having for extra health. If they have +12 all armor, it really doesn't matter whether it's heavy or light, does it? Because unless someone else has the same refined gear, then it's not worth worrying about. Looking at +5 gear for comparison would make more sense, since that is what many end gamers currently have, and what you can expect to face realistically. If someone has higher, it's not a fair fight against them anyways.

I was just simply trying to make the point that heavy armor gives quite a lot more HP per refine, and wondering whether it'd be worth it to try using HA. What I have collected from this thread is that the benefits of using heavy armor probably will not outweigh the benefits of extra dexterity for this class, so I'm leaning towards 1s/4d T^T
    Only stupid people discuss about unreleased classes' builds.b:shutup
    Seriously, what in your mind tells you that it's okay to call me stupid? I'm a junior attending a most-selective level university that ranks among the nation's top public colleges. No, this doesn't automatically mean I'm smart, but it does certainly say that I'm not stupid. It's so pointless to say something like this to someone. If you don't like this discussion then just stay out of it. This thread isn't about your opinion of other peoples' intelligence. Now, if you have anything that contributes to the discussion, please post. Otherwise, take it somewhere else.

Alacol - Thank you for understanding. I think it's completely logical to discuss something like this. It's people like you that make me think there's still hope for humans and the internet =\.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd think that if they intend for them to use light armor, wouldn't they have some wiggle room for heavy armor? Unless they are like magic users who can ware Robes or Light but if they choose light they have NO spare points at all to put anywhere else.
    I've yet to play an archer a lot, though, they're likely an archer clone with a change of weapon. And I don't think I've ever seen an archer in heavy armor, probably because they have to put so much into their Dex to use anything much the same way magic users are restricted by their weapon requirements.

Two words.....Heavy Wizards.
    b:shocked

when powered by cash (lots of it) apparently they be near impossible to kill and can emberstorm people to death.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Let's keep this conversation civil folks, I'd hate to have to close this topic.
  • celians
    celians Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if its confirmed that dex inc dagger phys dmg then 1str 4 dex and for ppl who will qq for the hard grinding on the sin class go 1vit 1str 3 dex up to lvl 48-52 then reset ur vit to dex
    about HA build nah even if dex dont add dagger dmg i would go 2str 3 dex LA for the eva and crit much more better
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rexberry wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to build a PVP sin.

Regrettably, she gets her damage from dex...
    (which doesn't make sense because dex is supposed to increase ranged physical damage and sins use daggers)

Anyways, this makes deciding whether or not to use Heavy Armor more difficult.

Heavy armor has great advantages, including much higher physical defense and highest +HP bonuses per refine level.

Heavy Armor requires 5 str per 2 levels to wear. This leaves only 5 points left for dex every 2 levels.

A lvl 130 HA build sin (5s/5d every 2 levels) has 17% critical rate (without bonuses)
    while a lvl 130 LA build sin has 27% critical rate (without bonuses).

LA sins will have much higher DPS, but HA will have way more physical defense and HP. Here's something that will help put things into perspective:

Lvl 130 heavy armor w/ +12 refines gives 525 more HP than lvl 130 light armor w/ +12 refines, and this is only for the chest plate. Think about how much extra HP you'll have if you include wrists, legs, and boots.

What do you guys think? Which would you rather use? Opinions are welcome, can't do it all on my own Y( ^-')z.

Hi. I think it's hard to know until the class is released. All the official information can get published, it can also officially change at any time between now and then. I doubt there will be any beta-stoppers at this point but who can know.

I can say I know what the answer is for me. I wouldn't play a heavy archer. I won't play a heavy sin. Less points in dex = less offense = your taking hits because you need longer to kill. Assassins rely on dex to dodge hits. If your dex is low you can't dodge and your offense suffers greatly. With the additional HP, You'll need it just to maintain. In my opinion this might create an HP pot sink. I can say on my archer, I don't need HP because I don't get hit. At least not usually when I grind alone if I use MP skills. In Bounty Hunter sure but not for solo play. 100% pure dex minimum strength for me it works great. During the double exp and double drop weekend I spent 28k shots for my slingshot. Each point an archer is lacking in dexterity applies to EVERY hit on EVERY mob. It's a lot of damage. That dexterity could have been beneficial 28 thousand times as opposed running up your repair bill and buying pots or jiaozi.

It can only be called speculation. At least, That is my theory as an archer. If I want HP I will refine my armor. My sockets are reserved defense not HP. I feel very high hp is just as beneficial as very high defense. You can allow yourself to take more hits or reduce the damage you take and it seems to be the same ratio really. As a healer my defense was slightly less than 700. I rarely died. Usually in BH nowhere else. I used magic sheild and reduced the damage I was taking which was just fine. I was pure magic 386 at level 73. That allowed me to drop any mob my level in 4 hits. Except a special few. When I did get hit grinding, I usually only got hit once. Not life threatening even with 1600 hp using magic sheild. If your dropping your mobs your not taking hits. All of that is my opinion only.~

Regards
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i recently read an article on mmorpg.com about the tideborn. assassins are not a solo class like people think they will be. one of the things assassins are capable of is draining life from mobs and giving that life to the rest of the squad. psychics make it possible for squads to do things that werent possible before. they are a buff debuff class
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i recently read an article on mmorpg.com about the tideborn. assassins are not a solo class like people think they will be. one of the things assassins are capable of is draining life from mobs and giving that life to the rest of the squad. psychics make it possible for squads to do things that werent possible before. they are a buff debuff class

Interesting. We'll have to wait and see I guess ^_^ I hope thats not the case :<

Regards.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The Assassin is The Assassin is “a true stealth class.” They hide, they fight hand-to-hand and they’re a great source of quick damage (DPS). The twist is that they are far more group oriented than the average player might imagine them to be. Assassins in PWI are not lone stalks of the night. They should become a key component of any group. Why? As they injure their enemies, it sucks life from them and disperses it into the group around them.

The Psychic should also bring some fundamental changes to the way people play. In fact, it is likely to have far reaching effects beyond even its own class. At its root, this is a support character who helps out with buffs and debuffs. Unlike other classes, which derive their magic from the elements, Psychics use “Soul” as the source of their magic. What PWI has tried to accomplish with them is to use their support to make other classes work in situations where they may not otherwise have been able to. For example, the Barbarian was of pretty much no use in an AOE (area of effect) oriented party. With the help of psychic, he now can be.

edit: source- http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/15587/Rising-Tide-Expansion-Preview
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Meh. Forget it. Not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The Assassin is The Assassin is “a true stealth class.” They hide, they fight hand-to-hand and they’re a great source of quick damage (DPS). The twist is that they are far more group oriented than the average player might imagine them to be. Assassins in PWI are not lone stalks of the night. They should become a key component of any group. Why? As they injure their enemies, it sucks life from them and disperses it into the group around them.

The Psychic should also bring some fundamental changes to the way people play. In fact, it is likely to have far reaching effects beyond even its own class. At its root, this is a support character who helps out with buffs and debuffs. Unlike other classes, which derive their magic from the elements, Psychics use “Soul” as the source of their magic. What PWI has tried to accomplish with them is to use their support to make other classes work in situations where they may not otherwise have been able to. For example, the Barbarian was of pretty much no use in an AOE (area of effect) oriented party. With the help of psychic, he now can be.

edit: source- http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/15587/Rising-Tide-Expansion-Preview

Well, That kinda sucks. :( I play archer to solo. I will make one and if it turns out to be like that, I have no interest in the class whatsoever~ I'll just delete it. I am interested in solo. I don't care for PVP so much. I can get help with bosses if I need it in PVE so I can remain a solo player. :<<. I just wish I didn't have to rely on barbs so much.

Regards.
  • Irage - Sanctuary
    Irage - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    after expansion, when u hover your cursor of "Dexterity" , it says: increase range weapon and daggers dmg, crit rate, acc and eva.

Assassin will be a pro range class killer cuz of the 2 teleport skill(one is 30meters range, another one is 35meters range and stun target for 3 seconds but need 1 spark). Its almost impossible to run away from assassin,he will always teleport by your side, b:cryespecially for Archers,he teleport directly into your weak range..

Assassin has a 2min buff, that can avoid death once and recover 20% hp, so he wont get one shot by any class.

Once in danger,**** can force into stealth mode(1 spark) to make u loose target..its rly annoying..

but when an Assassin fight w/ a BM or a Barb...b:cryb:cry

Imagine this PvP strategy for fighting a BM or a Barb. Equip Assassin with a bow, attack from range and stealth to avoid any damage when they get too close. Talk about kiting, a dex based Assassin with a bow could be devastatingly annoying.
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Imagine this PvP strategy for fighting a BM or a Barb. Equip Assassin with a bow, attack from range and stealth to avoid any damage when they get too close. Talk about kiting, a dex based Assassin with a bow could be devastatingly annoying.

I didn't even think of that, but you're right. The Sin class is going to be quite the obstacle PvP wise for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    since there dex based im going to say light Armour and a full dex build more then likely. but what do i know =o im just making a guess. and im sure there will be a dex+vit alternative for more survivability.
  • DRagons_ - Lost City
    DRagons_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hey so um.............. what other game are you talking about that has assassins
  • DRagons_ - Lost City
    DRagons_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    there are assassins on another game i play. let me log in there and ask best build for it ok? brb

okie i asked and they said 3 str 2 dex

so um what game wer you talking about with that race and class ?bcryb:cryb:cry telll me PLEAS
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Anyone playing a high lvl archer knows how terribly squishy and gimped LA is compare to heavy and yes even robe at higher lvls. This is why i find it pretty damn funny with assassins - a mele class in squishy La armor. Only reason you don't die all the time as archer is the fact that u have more range than your targets and can kite. As soon as you get stun locked in mele range ure kinda fked unless you get out of there asap, since evasion really means nothing endgame and you have 0 defense.

For those that don't get how **** LA is: my lvl 9X heavy veno has 2k more mag def 2k more phy def than my lvl 101 archer in full 99 gold and event stuffs.

So unless assassins has some amazing self buffs + range stuns + can afford to add vit + will 2 shoot ppl + can spam hide skills, they will suck in pvp endgame if they're LA.

I can just see an assassins trying to kill a kiting veno, god luck trying to tank nukes + nix + bleed + armor break in LA armor while you're trying to get in mele range of the fox.

So i kinda have my doubt about assassins, classes that are luck/crit/evasion builds tends to be pretty nerfed unless you cash shop like crazy b:surrender
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here is one thing a lot of people are missing about the dex based assassin.

Dex = Speed as well as accuracy. . . Assassin use the dex to increase their accuracy (crits and the speed to increase their attack power. . .)

Just a thought . . .b:surrender