Money making : How to do it.

Comments

• Thefriendomg - Sanctuary
    Thefriendomg - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    great guide

im goona fly around alot more now becuase i can use my flying swordb:victory

btw is selling stuff u bought from boutique at the auctioneer a good thing?
    if so i could be rich
  • Mariath - Heavens Tear
    Mariath - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The guide is very good.

I personally lack of cash and i would really like to see a lvl system on grinding/collecting on each class, if you can share the info please be so kind =)

Also, where is the AH? I seem to be gone the wrong way, of buyng the "regular" gear from the shops :/
  • Mooniey - Harshlands
    Mooniey - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    where is the auction at? I just started playing the game a few days ago and i have no idea were to go to buy things
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just find an auctioneer in any of the big towns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkmagician1984
    darkmagician1984 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hi every one
    when i was playing i lost my action bar which have the
    f1,f1, to f6
    now i cant see the bar or use it
    and the other one was close
    can any one help me to bring them on my scren
    ?????
    neeed help with that
  • Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Try Preessing "TAB KEY"

Anyways this is one smart guild tbh.

Almost a Year OLD!!!! 12-1-08 { START DAY }
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Great guide a lot of those tips hold very true... However you left out the best and easiest way to make money and get end game gear.

1. Reach into wallet
    2. Take everything out of it
    3. Give it all to PWE

THEN GRATZ YOUR RICH AND HAVE AMAZING GEAR!!!
    In the game
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    forks89 wrote: »
    Great guide a lot of those tips hold very true... However you left out the best and easiest way to make money and get end game gear.

1. Reach into wallet
    2. Take everything out of it
    3. Give it all to PWE

THEN GRATZ YOUR RICH AND HAVE AMAZING GEAR!!!
    In the game

Then withdraw money from your credit card/debit card and Do your step all over again with mines added.

Bam your rich in game have fun.
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • taeknight
    taeknight Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    really this guide sounds like a fkin lvl 3x. k 1st no teleports? u mean if everyone is waiting for you ur gone fly there? o.O, 2nd 1on1 grind suck, get a aoe grind pt alot more money and alot more exp, ofc the bms repair bill gone cry hehe
  • Missy_kathie - Sanctuary
    Missy_kathie - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the info.. I was having a really hard time in the game.. :p but one question, is cleric wings worth having? or is that waste of money too, are those wings better than the regular wings?
    *ChicknFlick*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuae - Dreamweaver
    Yuae - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Great guide. Maybe now i can actually make some money. one thing though that you didnt mention is that you should put your money into the bank. less temptation to spend it. I put money in every 10k i get.
  • Nosgoth - Dreamweaver
    Nosgoth - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the info.. I was having a really hard time in the game.. :p but one question, is cleric wings worth having? or is that waste of money too, are those wings better than the regular wings?

If you dont use accelerate fly, forget the cash wings. The starter wings with +2,0 is good enough.

@ topic

I think the ground mounts arent necessary. Always is better fly than ride, except only at the ride event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kevdude56
    kevdude56 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    when u finshed downloading the game then u have to install itb:laugh i done that but when i went to terms and condtions it says that when i make pusrhase
    they take my criedt card and billing info and persnol info b:angryb:cryb:shocked
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    kevdude56 wrote: »
    when u finshed downloading the game then u have to install itb:laugh i done that but when i went to terms and condtions it says that when i make pusrhase
    they take my criedt card and billing info and persnol info b:angryb:cryb:shocked

troll much?.....
    please learn common sense, how to read, and how to spell properly.

you don't have to make any purchases which means you don't have to give any info....
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sihing - Sanctuary
    Sihing - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Another thing you should add: Make potions yourself! Go to the starter areas and farm for herbs, then make healing and mana items yourself! It will probably even save about 20k at the first 20 lvls!
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    agree with u ! u are right!!b:kissb:dirtyb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Floo - Dreamweaver
    Floo - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thnx, i think i really should start more runing and less teleportin...( i was wondering where the money was doing...).
    but i also have a question... i'm not sure if it suits here... but i've selled most of the stff i get but i've saved things that have marked dregonqest... is taht smart or should i just make money out of them? and what r the nr behind the dragonquest name? lvl?

I am not sure, I saved alot of quest items [dragonquest]

but any ways Amiris thanks alot, I was waiting till some one starts talking about good ways in making money b:victory

nice job ! b:laugh
  • Floo - Dreamweaver
    Floo - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes, from other players. There's also a gold trade system ingame, which is supposed to make it possible to trade ingame coins to Zen. However, I have no clue whatsoever how that works. It looks really complicated, and the built in tutorial isn't much help.

me too, I dont understand a thing in it, there is price and blah blah blah,

I cant understand it, Can any one please make us understand, I would appreciate it b:thanks
  • daikaz
    daikaz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ground mounts are only useful if they have speed 11m/s, since they are considerably faster than any aerogear, plus when you're flying you miss a lot of mats you can easily harvest when you're on the ground, which means losing potential money, flying is a good option when you want to mark a waypoint and then afk, if you plan to keep track on your guy and have a fast ground mount it's usually a better option, unless you're gonna traverse an area with HEAVY monster spawn or too irregular (mountains), also ground mounts are great for big cities like archosaur, since traversing them on foot is a pain when you want to look at catshops
  • Hirondelle - Harshlands
    Hirondelle - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What about teleporting for beginners (that don't have mounts)?
  • Arrowwz - Sanctuary
    Arrowwz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nice griud i agree whit u ive tried not 2 tele so much i haved like 10k just from that
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The teleports that cost 200 gp are very cheap, and the starting towns are pretty far apart, and only cost 1k. In the amount of time you save, anyone who knows what they're doing can make back several times the cost by grinding. So I really suggest everyone use these teleports.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • cybersprite
    cybersprite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Could I add something?

It's better to hunt for quest items yourself instead of buying them in stalls, because they're usually really expensive. Just hoard all your materials. :]
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    also i think going to alot of BH, FB, and HH is good way to make money because of the occasional good drop. just make sure you do them alot :D
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    also i think going to alot of BH, FB, and HH is good way to make money because of the occasional good drop. just make sure you do them alot :D

BH cost monies.
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    I can't speak for BHs or HHs since I've never done them, but as the OP pointed out FBs aren't very good money- especially if you're repeating it at a higher level since 1) your drop rate goes down the tubes when killing lower level monsters and 2) any half-decent person will let the tabber keep the valuable drops anyways.

And doing them a lot results in even less money, since that's less time you're out grinding, just like you won't make any money from leveling solely via Crazy Stone.

Regarding teleporters, Untamed/TB/humans will probably make more use of them than elves in the lv20-29 range, but those levels don't have you jumping between cities a whole lot anyways so it's okay. Lv1-19 use the teleporters as much as you want, and once you get aerogear I strongly suggest using only the teleport routes the OP mentions, even if it means going afk for a snack or bio break while you're flying between towns. (I miss Guild Wars where map travel is free...)

One final point I haven't seen mentioned... the guy in West Archosaur that lets you trade in crafting materials for FB wines? Trade in your tier 1 and 2 materials for the first two wines on the list and merchant the wine for 10k each. This effectively lets you merchant tier 1 materials for 250g each, or tier 2 materials for 1250g each, which is more than you could get selling to players without a bit of effort. Tier 3 and above you're still better off selling to players (2.5-5k is a decent price).
  • kickassman
    kickassman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To all you people for the good advice for i am a newby to this game and everything i have read is going to help out really great, so thanks again.
  • Wolfmalice - Lost City
    Wolfmalice - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    what exactly is a grind.
    is it some sort of dungeon.
    help plz. im really interested on this grind thingy
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Disagree buy from NPC's they are cheaper then those over priced kat stalls.

Shop whereever you like some of the fashions in the boutique are really nice to have on other then displaying the game armor constantly and better then seeing people running around without clothing.

Ok opinion on skills is what they are opinions, listen to the individual about purchasing what she or others believe as important skills and you will get bored, uninterested quickly with your character get all the skills that you can and try them all what one may like, you may not like nothing more nothing less. Think carefully the designers did not designed these skills for non-use they are useful and beneficial so try them all. Think if you get the skills everybody likes they will pk you over and over again because your character is just what it is plain with no element of surprise.

Grinding caves if you ever played a rpg the best items are in caves/dungeons if you do not have an fb just grab one or two friends and pick a cave and start killing you will be suprised at what you get. not to many in squad therefore you do not have to share much. When grinding monsters pick kills at least 5-10 lvl higher take a partner and sell the rewards because remember you have not obtained the quest yet therefore you can farm again and the best time is when the system is offering 2xexp and drops. b:angry

Hello all, Amiris here. Felt like making a short guide on moneymaking, because it seems the majority of newer people have trouble keeping up with equipment, and nearly every high lvl player complains about skill costs. First of all, don't mind my avatar. My main is NOT lvl 42. She's higher. Amiris is my forum char because the rest of my avatars are bugged.
    Anyway, on to the actual guide. I'll divide the concept of money making into two subcategories.

1) Making money
    2) Saving the money you've made

Should be reasonable enough. Alright, on to making money.
    I'll list several effective ways to do this.

A) Grind.

Fairly obvious. When grinding, you get lots of money and item drops. Pick them ALL up, unless there's some insane swarm of monsters on top of it and you can't handle them. Do NOT ignore the money drops, even though there seems to be so little money. It builds up. A player lvling from 1-20 without picking up any money missed out on, on average, about 50-60K. And those are the easy no-grind lvls.
    Also, sell any drops you may get to the NPC. This includes Dragon Quest drops, unless you're actually able to sell them to other players. I wouldn't count on that. From my own experiences, it's best to sell every single DQ drop to the NPC, unless you're really desperate to upgrade your bank.
    Items you should keep :
    -Things you may need, such as potions
    -Good equipment (good equipment is any BLUE two-star item or better. Explanation below.)
    -Materials if you need them
    Just for comparison, at lvl 45, my Venomancer made about 100K while grinding 30%.

B) Help people

Sounds odd, doesn't it. "But Amiris, I don't want to get paid for helping people." That's right, you don't. Helping people just because they'll pay you isn't exactly nice. However, it does work the other way around. People may pay you just because you helped them. Like a Ch'in squad needing a Cleric, those aren't exactly rare, and they'll often end up paying the Cleric for their help. Other such occasions are helping people with a dungeon (without wine. You don't get paid for a wined run.), or crafting items for others (provided they give you the materials).

C) Sell the good items

To players, that is. If you got a nice equipment drop from a monster, your best option would be to sell it to a player, because they're usually worth a lot more than the NPC will pay you. Good equipment is usually a blue-named two-star item with decent stats (By which I mean a magic weapon with accuracy does NOT have decent stats). Now, there's three types of people:
    -People who sell their items through chat. This is usually not a great option. Trade chat in West Archo can get you a buyer sometimes, but it's usually not very effective.
    -People who sell their items through a 'cat shop'. This is a good option for the medium-priced items.
    -People who sell their items through the auction. This is a great option for the medium to high-priced items. You can set a minimum bid (and a buyout price), then just go grind. After 24 hours, the item will get sold to the highest bidder (earlier if someone payed the buyout price). Downside is that you have to pay to use the auction. Costs are negligible though, just make sure you'll get more money out of it than you put in.

D) Farm
    "What, I'm not a farmer!" No, but you should farm materials. Anytime you see a material, grab it. They sell high and they're quite common, especially at the higher lvls, when you're the only one around to grab it. It's usually best to decide what materials you'll grab though, as bank space is limited. If you have to decide, pick either herbs or the rest.

E) FB's are great exp

But they're horrible for money. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT lvl doing just call to duties for the reward. There is NO money reward, and you won't get a lot of drops in dungeons. You may get lucky and get a mold, but don't count on it. Do an fb every once in a while, don't constantly stand in towns asking for call to duties.
    How does this make money? Because it relates to grinding. No fb's = more grinding = more money.

There, that's basic money making. Now, how to save the money you've made.

A) Walk, fly, run, swim

"Uhh, I do that already." Yes, but not enough. Way too many people teleport around places. Put it this way : If you're paying to teleport around Archosaur, or paying the -I think- 5K to go from Sumor Camp to Swiftwind Tribe, you're wasting your money. You may think it's not a lot, but it really builds up. Teleporting is the number 1 mistake people make regarding their money. I generally only teleport between the following places :
    -The three main cities : They're relatively far from each other, and I'll admit it's quite dull to fly between them as much as you should. Therefore, I teleport between these.
    -City of the Lost -> Wellspring Village : My gateway to Archosaur. It costs 200 coins, and flying from there to Archosaur takes about 2 minutes. Saves you 2.8K.
    -The towns from lvl 1-20 : Eh, it's only 200 coins, you can make that back from a single monster. You have to walk too much at the lower lvls otherwise.
    Also, if you have TW teleports in your faction, use them wisely, because they're awesome.

Edit: The FREE teleport to Archosaur. Starting at lvl 40, if you want to get to Archosaur, go to a main town (the lvl 1 and 2 territory towns) and go to the Adventure Assistant and Khatru Pup. Have either teleport you into the Cube of Fate, then talk to the Exit manager in there to warp to Archosaur. Free teleport, use it.

B) Don't buy NPC items

NPC items are NOT worth the price you pay for them, though I suppose shards are an exception to that rule. If you need items, buy them from players or the auction. This especially goes for equipment. Usually, blue two-stars in the auction are cheaper than white 1-star NPC items.

C) Don't buy stuff cause it's pretty

Too often do I see this: people buying three-stars with horrible stats just because they glow. Or imbuing elemental shards into your equipment, just for the looks. That's a LOT of money down the drain. And a blue weapon isn't really exceptional either - don't expect to be seen as a god just cause you have one.

D) Boutique Clothes don't do anything

So don't get them unless you really, really want them. And even then, make sure you can really spare the money. Boutique Clothes are only there to look nice. I suppose this falls under C a bit...

E) Only get the good skills

Don't waste your money just to try a skill out. Read the description, look it up, then decide whether or not you want it. For example, many wizards want to get Hailstorm, it's an AoE and all. However, the skill is totally rubbish. Money (and SP) wasted.

F) Forums first

Got a question? Ask it on the forums. Don't waste teleacoustics on world chat to get an answer to a simple question. I, for one, look at the forums every 30 minutes or so, to see if there's unanswered questions.

So there you have it. Hope that helped some of you newer players, and maybe even a couple higher lvls. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and feel free to submit anything you think should be added.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    any mobs, animals and in some cases pvps b:thanks
    what exactly is a grind.
    is it some sort of dungeon.
    help plz. im really interested on this grind thingy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased