Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    quests are the main souce of xp until like 40. press Q and check it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • boylittle
    boylittle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This may be a stupid question but what pet support spells should i level up and to what levels?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Depends on your pet. Which pet are you referring to? If you have a legendary pet, their skills come maxed (until you replace one).
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    Yukire - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    OH one more question. For hats, should i get +mp or +hp?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    +mp ones, you wont have the str for hp ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    kays thanks very much :D
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    np, hope you enjoyed/found use of my guide :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kaieinnej - Harshlands
    Kaieinnej - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    my problem is im sick of not dealing out enough damage im a lvl57veno and i kno tt weapons comin up but its annoyin me,wat im lookin 2 kno is wat my main stats 2 lvl up r.
    PADDY
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    once you have enough str for your final gear (45) get magic, with a little bit of vit; so like 4 mag 1 vit or 3 mag 2 vit depending on how much you like hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Wafflechannnn :D
    ONE MORE QUESTION! After doing some more research, i've deterimined that you were right about getting a crystalline magmite, and i bought an egg for it. HOWEVER i've also heard a lot of ppl saying that i should level up a petite sawfly. Is the sawfly a decent tank at all? Because as you well know im going pure arcane veno, and i kind of die easily -_-. Is it also true that you get a free flying mount at lvl 30? If this is true, then i have no real need for a petite sawfly, correct?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    you do get a free flyer at 30, as for a petite sawfly, it isnt necesary unless you pvp. if you have an air quest, tame a near by air pet to take them on. you can find a new decent one every few levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Oo i see i see. Thanks again very much :D. You're by far the most helpful person on this forum xD
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    lol. youre welcome. ive just played the class a long time, and have a few different perspectives on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ketamin
    ketamin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok i know this is stupid, but i dont know how to tame a pet. Ive seen the little "this pet is tameable" icon on their information tabs, but i dont know what to do to actually tame them. Im level ten and i know how to change into a fox and everything, its just taming the wild animals that has me stumped. I would really appreciate some help...-_-
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    theres a short quest to learn the 'tame pet' skill at level 3. you take the books to a pet tamer in lost city, and click the 'tame pet' option. itll allow you to learn 'tame pet' inturn letting you tame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Hey again. Got another question xD. I just leveled up to 17 and hatched my Crystalline Magmite, and i was wondering, the two skills it game with, bash and sandblow, do i need to cast them manually, or will the magmite use them automatically?
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    ^--- came with*
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ^--- came with*

A pet can only auto cast one skill at a time. However, if you want, you can let bash cast auto while you manually cast sandblow. To activate "auto cast", right click the icon, a yellow/beige ring will surround the icon.

ps. You can edit your posts instead of typing another one for a quick fix.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Oo never knew that ^^
    And i see, thanks for the help:D
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Hey guys i have a dumb question. On the link below is a guide for untamed quests, however, it only shows the quests for levels 1-19. Does this mean that there arent any quests coming up ahead?

http://www.1perfectworld.com/wiki/International-Guides:Untamed+Quests
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    click on the all class 20-30 guide, the quests arent class unique anymore after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    O i see i see. thanks again ^^
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    youre welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Till now I didn't really bother how spell damage gets calculated, but now I start to wonder...
    How does spell damage gets calculated?
    Example: lvl10 Venomous Scarab - Deals Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 966.0.

Is it the magic damage we see on character info + weapon damage + 996
    or
    magic damage (all magic attack without weapon) + weapon damage +996?

Base magic damage is mean with or without weapon? with or without other gears?
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    In this case, I am pretty sure your damage would be:

Magic damage you see on character sheet + "weapon damage" + 996

Weapon damage will be your damage from your weapon (including any sapphires) and rings (and any other ornaments) + your level. This should also be "magic damage you see on character sheet" divided by your bonus factor. Your bonus factor will normally be 1 + (magic / 100), but sparks will add to it -- for example, you could single spark and see how much your magic attack went up and then divide that by 2 to get your weapon damage.

Seems you are right about base damage. Checked with Blazing scarab (deals base damage and only then dot) on hen. It dealed around the same number as I see on character info.

So, if understood it correctly, then
    weapon damage = Base damage/(1 + (magic / 100))?

May I ask why divided?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Seems you are right about base damage. Checked with Blazing scarab (deals base damage and only then dot) on hen. It dealed around the same number as I see on character info.

So, if understood it correctly, then
    weapon damage = Base damage/(1 + (magic / 100))?

May I ask why divided?
    its just the weird way the game formula works.

p.atk works in the same weird way
    (equipment + level) * (1 + (str or dex) / 150 + mastery)

equipment = weapon's min or max, garnets, rings, +p.atk mods, and arrows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the info. It explains why I got so ridiculous results with the formula I used before.
  • Veroeen - Sanctuary
    Veroeen - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Since the subject "kind" of is builds I have to ask If putting my points like this for only PVE purpose is good:

Even Level: 1 vit, 4 mag
    Odd Level: 1 vit, 1 str, 3 mag

As pet I have recently captured a crystaline magmite (not sure of the name)
    And was thinking about getting a pettit sawfly (spelling?), does these 2 work out in the long run as good pets?

Also I was wondering when having sockets what is best to put in them? should I go for hp or p.def?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    thats the 'vit arcane build' lol. people will say 7 mag, 2 vit, 1 str every 2 levels, and thats exactly how youd do it, if you split it just like you did. over all its the best build any venomancer can have end game, every other build has its high points but lacks somewhere, vit arcane doesnt.

magmite is a wonderful well rounded pet for overall leveling, sawfly is the best subsitute for a phoenix if you wanna pvp. only level the fly if you plan on capping some arses in pk :o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexiblossom - Harshlands
    Hexiblossom - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    would it be helpful to wear a protection belt or necklace? because iwant to go full arcane and p.def shards r useful i still dont feel safe lolz
    also considerin i'm on a PvP server what is better vit arcane r just pure arcane with p.def sards and the protection items?