Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Options

Comments

• Liathano - Sanctuary
    Liathano - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thanx heaps this guide and your advice has helped heaps is nice to know ppl take the time to help the noobs
    yay for noobs b:chuckleb:thanks
  • Kunomi - Heavens Tear
    Kunomi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thanks, this helped me ALOT! b:pleased
    Im kind of jealous ... and pissed tho xd
    I've been playing this game for a while /not with this char tho/ and i never could get alot of money ... and i sooo want a baby herc. b:sad
    Such a shame I can't use real money and get cubi gold ... /I might have called it the wrong name XDD/
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Not everyone bought the herc with real cash though ;)

I spent a little RL cash on mine, but most was bought with ingame coin just grinding then buying gold for the battle pet packs. Just focus on getting to 60/70 and start doing some hard core TT, you will be rolling in munnies :)

-Hides under a rock for being off topic xD-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol, its not like its against the law to post random garbage in here. all venos are welcome, except haters.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've got a question about vit. I've been doing 9 mags 1 str build every 2 lvls and my HP is pretty sad even with a lot of statted equipts :( I have around 2.3k HP.

You mentioned that adding str and mag according to robe + weapon requirement and put the rest points into vit is a good way to go. I mean... is it worth it though, since we only gain around 14hp per vit added (correct me if I am wrong). But I do really wish to have higher HP for later pvp/TW fun.
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You don't have to dump every point in vit :3 You can kind of mix and match, according to the HP pool you're aiming for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've got a question about vit. I've been doing 9 mags 1 str build every 2 lvls and my HP is pretty sad even with a lot of statted equipts :( I have around 2.3k HP.

You mentioned that adding str and mag according to robe + weapon requirement and put the rest points into vit is a good way to go. I mean... is it worth it though, since we only gain around 14hp per vit added (correct me if I am wrong). But I do really wish to have higher HP for later pvp/TW fun.
    well, you dont have to dump into vit, its just more suitable for survivability to have at least 100, i mean i have 150 and 385 mag, and pack 7k hp with barb buffs. the MATK is still quite higher than LA/HA and you can heal/tank TT3-2/FB99 easily still, at my level, even though its nowhere near as high as all mag builds. mathematically the vit arcane can survive the AOEs of bosses in later levels than LA can, mixing garnets and citrine, and using PDEF ornaments can lead to a very nice defensive robe user.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sort of like this

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f06283bddcecdae5

I'd have better gear but I'm too busy buying rep.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well, you dont have to dump into vit, its just more suitable for survivability to have at least 100, i mean i have 150 and 385 mag, and pack 7k hp with barb buffs. the MATK is still quite higher than LA/HA and you can heal/tank TT3-2/FB99 easily still, at my level, even though its nowhere near as high as all mag builds. mathematically the vit arcane can survive the AOEs of bosses in later levels than LA can, mixing garnets and citrine, and using PDEF ornaments can lead to a very nice defensive robe user.

Thanks for the explanation.
    150 vit o.o Wow that's very high hp. What base vit should I have if I aim for around 5k HP at lvl90?
    Sort of like this

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f06283bddcecdae5

I'd have better gear but I'm too busy buying rep.

Thank you for putting your build + armors up. Should I put more phy def shard or more HP shard?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Again, it really depends on what you're trying to do with your build.

Since I'm statting vit, I don't use as many citrine shards--they go only in my hat and cape. I stat all my main armor pieces with good garnet shards, beautiful ones in my 7x gear for instance. All of my armor pieces have a +phys. def mods too, or 2 mods if I can get it, and at least 2 sockets. It took me all of 6x to find and buy that stuff, so you have to be diligent about checking AH and catshops.

If you really want to pump your HP pool at the expense of all else, you can stat all citrines AND do vit, and get huge numbers on that red bar. It's up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you can always mix them, 2 of each in armor also. that helps quite a bit... unless you have 2s armor lol. 1:1 works too for 2 sockets
    edited July 2009
    Options
    fixed FB69 and 79 pics
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Would it be a good idea to add vit and cap it at 60 then shard all of my armors with phy def shards? Or HP shards are better than phy def shards? Because even if I have 60 vit, my pdef will be rather pathetic with arcane armors lol
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i think 70 may be a better base cap, if you want PDEF, put citrines in your cape/helmet, and the garnets in your armors.
  • Skemeth - Heavens Tear
    Skemeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeh what are torgin chances to solo a TT at lvl 80's?b:worriedb:faint
    edited July 2009
    Options
    possibly only TT1-1 squad :| maybbbeeeee 1-2 but i wouldnt push my luck on anything past chintien.
  • Bunsai - Sanctuary
    Bunsai - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok so i just read through this entire thread (i know, no life)! and was curious about what fairy to use? currently am using infliction because thats the one i got for free. is there a better one for this build or does it even matter? i quit game a while ago and starting all over. so the fairy thing is jibberish to me.
    also great guide. but had another question. you say to put 1 str every other lvl until its about 40-45 for TT80 equip, and then put more in for TT90 when necessary (sry if i misread that), so my question is, after i get the specified amount of str, should i just go all out into magic and vit? 3mag to 2vit every lvl like im doin now? (with the 1str every other lvl). so far it works great, dont do as much dmg as i like, but got some good hp, 1k more hp and ill have surpassed my 67 wiz's hp lol. (normally i have better grammar but its 1am so im bein lazy lol) also, when i get to that lvl, should i just use HP gems? read some conflicting stuff on the thread, some say its good to use pdef which helps, but with this build shouldnt it be high enough without the gems? and does the hp gems really make that much of a difference?
    edited August 2009
    Options
    for the genie, use the longevity for longer skill duration, or use zeal for a less MAG stat investment to get 4 skills is what ive been told. as for your HPandstr and stuff, PM me in game at TearValerin and ill answer your questions in detail.
  • SilveryFox - Lost City
    SilveryFox - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Personally prefer arcane veno than other types of veno LA or HA

More versatile and you deal more damage just balance it with your vitality.

You will need enough vitality to survive as well as enough magic to deal damage.

With arcane, you can kill LA and HA with your magic, and arcane with your physical armour break and nix bite.

For pvp

Get about 5k hp unbuffed at lvl 90ish

Get a Nix and teach it good skills

Get full -channeling set + A high phy res resistance necky (like cube neckky Puzzle Cube Necklace Vain)

Shard your armour with Phy Res Gem

You will have phy def close to a LA and deal higher magic than LA

Speaking from my friend's experience, At 9x, you can kill anyone even they are above your level or lvl 100.

For fast channeling, you can kill people before they even start attacking you.

Many of the venos he killed in the past has converted to fast channeling set because they often die without even landing a hit on him.

Also advantages of full channeling set is that you can heal pet faster and can solo tank more bosses.

Because you adds a bit more vitaliy, fast channeling compensate the stats you had put in vitality instead of magic.

As for Herc, you can teach it rare petskill claw which is 30% increase of damage that makes fb/hh faster. Only if you know how to hold aggro using pet, coz claw is not naturally a aggro holding skill. Reflect will build aggro in fb/hh tho.

If you wanna tank higher bosses, you can teach herc Blessing of the packs which is 30% increase in hp. It tanks those bosses that hits really high and fast.

Well my friend has two hercs, one with blessing and one with claw. Easy bosses we use herc with claw to kill faster. Hard bosses we use herc with blessing to tank.

If boss gets harder, we use herc with blessing + ep red bubble and another veno healing. We can do all bosses in hh at least up to lvl 90.

Where do you get rare petskills? They are scrolls to be dugged up every tuesday event - at the dragon temple.

As for Armor, I love my hh80 gold set, using lvl 77 -6%chn sleeve from mold, gold hh80 body and pants.... shoes optional.

They help me survive better both in battle and pve.
  • Liathano - Sanctuary
    Liathano - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wow last bit great help answered every question i have thought of fast and easy. The pet skills and hp armour and shards thnx heaps silver b:thanks
  • Mylaa - Dreamweaver
    Mylaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm a fairly new Veno, coming from being a Cleric, so I think I still use that mentality a little. I solo a lot of stuff... big surprise, but I go in with the squad mentality. I've got my magmite to tank, and heal it as necessary, as well as deal damage, so a good Veno is much like a normal squad.

As for my build, I've been putting 1 Vit, 1 Str, and 3 Mag most of the time. This lets me switch fairly easily between Fox and Human forms, depending on what I need. Fox lets my pet keep aggro, and lets me use some of those skills against bosses as well. Human form just lets me blaze through mobs with heavy hitting spells (yes, venomous scarab is of of my faves).

Pets, well, I use a few. My magmite pulls for me, my herc tanks, and my nix lets me grind away and make money till I can go on TT runs. The Nix payed for my Herc when all the feathers and source of force went on sale, by the way. The Herc seems to be a favorite for PVE, but lets not forget the Nix, with 1 per second attack rate, which gains aggro for me as my first spell hits.

My advice, for any new players, pick your own build, and perfect it. An awesome build is only as good as the player behind it, and knowing your Veno and how you fight is your greatest asset.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It is not much different than playing Cleric and those stats are fine.You could go 1str 1vit and 8 mag every 2lvls.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Badassveno - Sanctuary
    Badassveno - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    One thing I see you need to edit...you say only veno with herc can solo twilight temple, that is wrong. An upgraded magmite can solo it as well. I started TT at lvl 63 with a crystaline magmite lvl 4 bash lvl 3 sandblow and lvl 4 tough and i can solo it easy.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Only a herc pet can solo TT in squad mode, a magmite cannot solo squad mode.
    Both a magmite and herc can solo TT in solo mode.
    I'm sure Tear is talking about soloing TT in squad mode, which is what earns venomancers the big bucks. Though I honestly haven't read this guide as of yet. tee hee ^^;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Only a herc pet can solo TT in squad mode, a magmite cannot solo squad mode.
    Both a magmite and herc can solo TT in solo mode.
    I'm sure Tear is talking about soloing TT in squad mode, which is what earns venomancers the big bucks. Though I honestly haven't read this guide as of yet. tee hee ^^;

A sufficiently high enough Magmite can solo the lower squad TTs, but at that point, it's kinda pointless to do so.
  • Wiccana - Dreamweaver
    Wiccana - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    AWESOME guide! b:victory

Thanks for the well thought out post!
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think I crapped up my build. At lvl76 I have 51 dex, 51 str, 69 vit, and 246 mag. Should I use reset note n pull dex pts to mag? Or keep the build n add mag wen lvled?
    Any opinions are appreciated :) Thanks for the guild Tear (:
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I've got another question regarding vit.

I just restated that so I'm not pure mag any more. My base stats are as followed.

Vit: 5x
    Str: 39
    Mag: 270
    Dex: 5

I am considering just put all of my points from now on into vit and have enough str to wear my armors so I could have high HP for survival. I will be sharding all of my amors with phy defense.

Now my question is, will 270 base mag be enough to solo TT later on with a herc? I have -18% channeling equipment so far.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have about 267 magic right now as a heavy build, so this is all I can put in and i'm facing alot of difficulties soloing bosses other arcane builds my level can do with ease.

I've seen level 80+ venos solo Blackhole in Old Heaven's Tear easily, while I just can't keep up with the heals. Only way I can do him is with either another veno healing or a blademaster stunning him constantly. Same troubles with the higher TT bosses, so if you're wanting to be able to solo TT at my level, i'd suggest get more magic lol.

If you're really worried about survival, keep the vit up but don't nerf your magic for it. You can always get refines (later on 80 or 90+) and HP shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AyraVeno - Harshlands
    AyraVeno - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol have to keep this thing alive
    i have a question though.....?how do u lvl this venomancers stats like attribute points to wear the armor and weapons needed im doing full mageb:pleased