Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Comments

• Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    thats the 'vit arcane build' lol. people will say 7 mag, 2 vit, 1 str every 2 levels, and thats exactly how youd do it, if you split it just like you did. over all its the best build any venomancer can have end game, every other build has its high points but lacks somewhere, vit arcane doesnt.

magmite is a wonderful well rounded pet for overall leveling, sawfly is the best subsitute for a phoenix if you wanna pvp. only level the fly if you plan on capping some arses in pk :o.

Thanx for reply (I was the one asking, but wanted to switch avatar to my new veno but it shows a cleric icon for some kind of reason) I just wanted to ask about my build since I have seen that many veno players use other builds and I wanted to be sure that I had choose a good one.

When It comes to flying and water pets, are any of them good in pve? Or should I levels some special kind?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    would it be helpful to wear a protection belt or necklace? because iwant to go full arcane and p.def shards r useful i still dont feel safe lolz
    also considerin i'm on a PvP server what is better vit arcane r just pure arcane with p.def sards and the protection items?
    yes you should wear pdef belts and necks

@ vintersun, i really just used the next avaliable flying pet for quests (pinnaer foxwings @ 34, terrestrials @ 45, etc.) really, outside the sawfly for pvp, theres no reason to level a flying pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • WinterSelene - Dreamweaver
    WinterSelene - Dreamweaver Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yep,guide is very good indeed...eve i read it bit late.As for me,sage/demon..for pve servers..i count as sage..specially people always ask venos for chi and stuff..so being able to have full chi all time and lend a hand when needed its always good b:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Machines should work, people should think!!
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm demon, and gain chi almost as fast as sage venos do O.o
    Demon Lending Hand + Demon Crush Vigor = b:pleased
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Yep,guide is very good indeed...eve i read it bit late.As for me,sage/demon..for pve servers..i count as sage..specially people always ask venos for chi and stuff..so being able to have full chi all time and lend a hand when needed its always good b:victoryb:victory
    thanks for complement :P

lol almost is key word for demons, though, switching to fox every 20s for crush vigor sounds like itd be rather annoying to me.

with sage venmous and master li's 3 sparks are like obtained like within seconds of using the others lol. i love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    SMALL GUIDE UPDATE
    fixed picture links >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AionHime - Raging Tide
    AionHime - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    just wanted to know why the person who made this guide was banned, does anyone know the answer for this? as i would like to thank them for making a helpful guide i can use since i came back to the game but with them banned im unable to do so. so i was wondering why is was thy would be banned in the first place?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    i was the maker of this guide, i was banned for bad behavior, and thats all you need to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naeeva - Sanctuary
    Naeeva - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have one question about weapon and thought it was a good place to post here. My veno are curently level 39 and I have been holding on to the fb19 weapon, now I feel abit lost about when I should recplace the fb19 weapon with a new one and which one would be the best to get?
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you should get a magic sword nearest to your level.
  • Naeeva - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Is the magic swords the weapons with best dmg or is it som other reason to why I should get one?
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    i find they usually have the best balance between attack minimum and maximum. wands are too low, glaives are too far apart. patakas are just trash.
  • Naeeva - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    oh okay, thanx for the reply :D
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    whats exactly the diffrence between sage n demon spark??? i see 200% more magic atk with sage, compared to demon, and 150% more weapon atk at demon compared to sage,.... what does it mean??? is the weapon atk like as in physical attack,... and the magic atk as in only for magic skills??? or is weapon attack, the multiplier that u get on ur weapons damage in skills,...
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    see on your weapon where it says minimum and maximum physical and magic damage?
    like dumb example.. 500-1000 magic attack, idk.

when doing the formula to calculate these, it adds a 9 for sage, and a 7 for demon into the multipliers to calculate them.

using an example of physical attack:
    physical attack = (Equipment + level) * (1 + [str] / 150 + mastery)
    now, if you sparked, itd add in the % like this (say its 500% for example)

(Equipment + level) * (1 + [str] / 150 + mastery + 5)
    this will show up on your character screen, and result in huge numbers.

since sage spark has an extra 200% mod on it, its going to hit way harder than demons.
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, the pet lvling section says the best place to lvl a pet would be room 4 of the cube of fate. What about a phoenix, it cant go inside cube of fate, where would the best place to lvl it be??? b:surrender
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    goto the new tideborn area, there are these level 100 monsters in the air with like one hit killable hp. you can level a phoenix there.
  • Period - Harshlands
    Period - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    thanks for the Tip "how to lvl up Pet's fast " b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    goto the new tideborn area, there are these level 100 monsters in the air with like one hit killable hp. you can level a phoenix there.

Be aware that they are not one hit kills with a lvl 1, or 2 bow, and they are immune to elemental dmg (they made it difficult if not impossible to level ground pets on them, unless a LA can effectively shoot them with bow?).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the point was for them to be killed to level an air pet. an air pet can effectively drop them faster than a human can. its not entirely room 4, but it gets the job done.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the point was for them to be killed to level an air pet. an air pet can effectively drop them faster than a human can.

I've stolen aggro from my own Nix.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    I've stolen aggro from my own Nix.

yeah but till u make 1 hit,nix make few
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    demon ironwood description on ecatomb is kinda blurry,...
    does it hit like usual, but the defense debuff is only 20% of the time that it works??? or does it only hit 20% of the time, but if it hits it triggers???
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there is nothing wrong with ecatomb description
    Demon version only has a 20% chance of success,
    but will reduce physical defense to zero instead.
    debuff has only 20% chance to work. its clear till now? now part 2, when it works will reduce pdef to zero. all clear?
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Great Guide ... Thanks for taking the time to keep it updated.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • toiten
    toiten Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it 100% hits , but adds a 20% chance of lowering physical def. to 0
    Venena b:victory
  • serevii
    serevii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    are the new glacial walkers any good?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    serevii wrote: »
    are the new glacial walkers any good?
    they have slightly less atk and defense, but alot more hp and magic def than the traditional magmite, i think theyre a wonderful pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XGizmo - Heavens Tear
    XGizmo - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think the Glacier Walkers Should be added here since they are real good
    Using him since level 19 now 54 and still rocks
    i only suck in the water since Waterpets are not that good
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i cant really add it even if i wanted to, my main account got banned for stupid reasons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]