Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Options

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    1. they do not have more expenses than wizards, they level free of charms, potions, and have little to no repair fees.

2. scorpions are pathetic in comparison to golems, period, no one said that golems out damage, theyre just the superior pet, learn to read.

3. kowlin is faster than mounts without spurs, the eldergoths range isnt that far, so kowlins work for pulling just fine.

4. yes bleed is rumored to be bugged.

there are no critical errors that need fixing, except for the **** photobucket pics which are very time consuming to get.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    0. I see some critical errors in the first half which should be fixed.

1. Venos have more expenses than Wiz's, and make about the same. Venos tend to level their pets as opposed to taking all the easy xp, which is why they tend to have more. They also learn to save by saving for the Herc and Nix.

2. We have more luring options at our disposal, but we're no longer necessary as a lurer with genies. In many instances, a barb makes a better puller /lurer without a genie. Clerics and Archers appear to have luring skills as well.

3. Scorpions out damage, bears and other pets out Hp.

4. Kowlin is not faster than a spurred mount, and Eldergoth Marksman / Sharpshooter is better in many ways.

0. There were no critical errors.

1. Wizards actually have more expenses than a mage veno, and they have to kite mobs around, or be able to take a mob beating on them (ranged/caster/mob getting in melee range). A veno doesn't really have to worry about any of that unless they want to.

2. Venos are the only class that can pull without incurring expenses, and should be able to pull from a bit further away. Pulling with a genie skill uses Stamina which requires using Chi Stones to recharge which costs coin to acquire even if it's from decomposing gear that dropped from mobs.

Hands down, Venos are the premier class for pulling mobs one at a time.

3. Yes, scorpions have high attack, but they lack survivability and simply cannot do what a golem can do. You know what they say, rocks are a girl's best friend. b:pleased

4. Speed on a level 90 Kowlin : 10.9 m/s, probably close to or above 11 m/s at level 100.

How fast does your spurred mount go, 11 m/s?
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Temptresss - Lost City
    Temptresss - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    -bump-

Good guide b:victory
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    please delete this is guide.

Wtf o.O

*Semi retired*
  • FearTheMagic - Lost City
    FearTheMagic - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I grinded in foxform yesterday. Damn i love to fight in foxform :P Did't know it was that fun lol.b:laugh

question: If i manufacture Armor from Twilight Armor Forge will it have sockets?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I believe all TT armor has at least 2 sockets when crafted. The max is still 4 sockets though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok tyvm again
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you grind in foxform, be prepared for the repair bill b:chuckle
  • yoona2
    yoona2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nice build tw :) btw when i clicked on the photobuck links it said the file was gone. could u pls fix it >,<? If u are able too:)
  • Avrie - Sanctuary
    Avrie - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yoona2 wrote: »
    nice build tw :) btw when i clicked on the photobuck links it said the file was gone. could u pls fix it >,<? If u are able too:)
    my husband, the original poster is on a temporary ban for naughty shenanigans in game, but will be back on the 13th to fix the pictures.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yoona2 wrote: »

yea, i paid yesterday 40k lol, but yea i made 500k ::Pb:pleased
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    one question...should a veno not put any points in dex? Looks like you would for better accuracy and range.
  • Avrie - Sanctuary
    Avrie - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    no, only if youre a light armor build. light armor has a requisite of dexterity for wearing it.
    it only affects bows, spells have fixed ranges.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    one question...should a veno not put any points in dex? Looks like you would for better accuracy and range.

Spells never miss and have a fixed range, so it would not help you at all. It would add to critical chance and evasion, but I am not sure you would want to hit many criticals and have your pet loose aggro and the mob coming after you...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    fixed some pics guys, still more to come
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

The higher your dex, the higher your critical strike chance goes; the higher that goes, the higher the chance of critting on the opening nuke, and pulling aggro off the pet before it can be established. Against a ranged mob that can have bad results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    added demon/sage section: Credit - Damewort - Sanctuary
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    EyebalI - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nice guide, Im missing some things, like HH3-1 - HH3-3 run explainations.
    Also, the sage summer sprint, does it even remove negative effects like bleed/stun too? b:victory
    edited July 2009
    Options
    not sure about sprint, id have to buy / ask and check it out.

3-1 to 3-3 doesnt have any special explanations to it, its straightforward easy heal spamming of bosses. barbs do most that tanking of 3-2/3-3 anyways.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Slight note here, Tear. Damewort is a her, not a him.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The higher your dex, the higher your critical strike chance goes; the higher that goes, the higher the chance of critting on the opening nuke, and pulling aggro off the pet before it can be established. Against a ranged mob that can have bad results.

Actually, critters switching aggro between your pet and yourself - and back again - is somewhat usefull as thay don't do much damage while switching and running around. Play that game well and you'll hardly need to heal your pet (or yourself).
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Slight note here, Tear. Damewort is a her, not a him.
    himheritheshe. gender is irrelevant on the internet!

either way, im sure she'd appreciate her work being shown to the world as it was great, but buried on the bottom of the forum
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    himheritheshe. gender is irrelevant on the internet!

either way, im sure she'd appreciate her work being shown to the world as it was great, but buried on the bottom of the forum

Indeed. She put a lot of work into it. I remember when she was working on it. And gender may be irrelevant, but when giving credit to someone, it kinda makes a bit of difference to the person. :p
    edited July 2009
    Options
    does she even play still?
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    does she even play still?
    Yup, I still play, just kinda stopped to read forums and am lazy at leveling.

Thanks for adding the guide. Was kinda sad to see how it got buried under a pile of different pets and venos' build topics.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    naturally, i just hate to see good work goto waste, and see so many threads which your guide had the answers to, so felt.. why the hell not? if the mods didnt wanna sticky it, ill let everyone see it my way :P.
  • Liathano - Sanctuary
    Liathano - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i am still a super noob at this game and got to page 12 and am getting mass overload on info lol. So ill just ask. I am pure mag arcane cause love the high pet heal for bosses. Wanna stay arcane but also want to go pk as i just got my firebird b:victory Am wondering if you could give me some tips on what my stats should be to be not so incredibly squishy cause they are wack at the moment. I am lvl 77 veno my stats are Vit 42 Str 43 Mag 342 and Dex 5 like i said wack lol
    b:surrender

Ay tips would be great =)
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    All a mage venomancer will ever need to be pk deadly is:
    1. A ton load of magic
    2. A ton load of HP
    3. A phoenix

Your stats are just fine, though is that 43 str only enough to let you wear your armour/EQs? I though that the str would be around 30 on a typical mage build in their
    70s. If it's not, why the extra str? If you wanted to you could keep your vit going. Around 90+ alot of people just go nuts with their HP. Most people are getting 5,6,7k HP+.

You'd just want to focus on getting good armour, Most mage venos tend to go for the TT gold 80 and 90 sets. I cant remember all the stats but they have things like -%channeling and +HP. To be honest i'd just recommend focusing on getting all the HP you can, refining would be a good idea at 80+90 if you had decent TT sets. But don't gimp out your magic either >.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liathano - Sanctuary
    Liathano - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i need 44 strength for tt 80 and i have mats for gold mats just have to wait for lvl to be able to wear and i have hp shards in all gear and refine all to + 2 is that enough or still need more vit?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you may want to get that vit higher, otherwise youll barely break 4k hp in your 90s... and thats with good refines/gems. get at least 70 vit, and then decide what you wanna do from there.

armor wise, TT80 gold - offensive (adds +mag) TT90 green - defensive (lotta hp, def, and vit mods) avoid 90 gold like the plague except from the arms, which have - 6%channel and pdef.