i got a Florefeng gurd.
    and a Hexkiss
    do shod i stay with them?
    i dunno what to do b:sad
  • GiniroKaze - Dreamweaver
    GiniroKaze - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how should my stats look at lvl 30 with this build? >_< think i have to buy some resets
  • frost06
    frost06 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    awesome guide:
    i had a question: what about heal pet, revive pet, tame pet...?
    what levels should i train em?
  • Light/ - Raging Tide6
    Light/ - Raging Tide6 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I started out as and still is a mage Veno with 9 mag and 1 str every 2 levels. I kinda, just kinda die quite often but not alot. Should I start adding vitality?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    frost06 wrote: »
    awesome guide:
    i had a question: what about heal pet, revive pet, tame pet...?

Heal pet: max.
    Revive pet: max, but not quite as urgent.
    Tame pet: you can leave at 1, unless you're going to be a pro rare pet tamer, then max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • frost06
    frost06 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    K thanx, pet revive does only reduce mp-consume?
    and to tame rare pets, just one for myself, i got enough with lv 1 tame?
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I started out as and still is a mage Veno with 9 mag and 1 str every 2 levels. I kinda, just kinda die quite often but not alot. Should I start adding vitality?

I would say no. Dont start adding vit because you might be dying alot. Instead, use your troubled situations as a lesson in sharpening your veno senses or "skills". If you're in a cinch, thats hard to get out of you either have 2 choices: 1) kill them before they get to you or 2) Run! (This all depends, sometimes in real trouble you might have to rely on bramble hood. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THIS SKILL. IT IS A MUST.) Grinding on mobs that aggro spawn is a good way to sharpen these senses. You will risk dying but over time you will less and less. As anything goes, Practice makes perfect (Or at least close to it) xD
    >.<
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    frost06 wrote: »
    K thanx, pet revive does only reduce mp-consume?
    and to tame rare pets, just one for myself, i got enough with lv 1 tame?
    I think just the cast speed.
  • idgaf1
    idgaf1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    AFTER reading this thread extensively, scanning for problems and solutions I have come up with my short version of my understanding as a total noob to the Venomancer class. At 1st I was going to be a tank a barb but now in-game gold economy forces me to go Veno at 1st sight not because it looks cool but because it's efficient sustaining role with cheap expenses. You know too support the entire rest of the other classes in-game. T_T;

With that said. I'm listing the things I understand or have learned that makes pretty much good sense too me. I well make another post under this one, stating my questions I had with this thread so. Although I agree it's a wonderful Guide to helping noobs, There's never a perfect interpret for another mind to clearly follow the 1st time reading the info. There's a lot of info on here that should have been posted long ago but that is not the OP problem, it is the executioner of the OP who have no mercy on the good deeds this person as continued to do remotely with info at least with using this thread.

One other thing, because I'm a noob, I get easily thrown off a guide when ppl switched from discussing lvl 1-40 in-game gear then jumping to lvl 70-end game ultimate GEAR. Totally throws my plan for having fun off the charts and makes me loose my focus on fun and start focusing on the rules of engagement type of deal. I can't say by not allowing high lvl 90+ players to add there arguments or agreements, is a solution to stopping the confusion, between noob players WHO ARN"T EVEN THERE YET, NOT EVEN LVL 10 or 20, and were already discussing what gear your should have at lvl 7x/8x/9x!? who said i was planning on playing till I die? No one knows that but it kind of screws up my idea of fun unfortunately. When reading in-between help guides.

Anyway enough of the criticism and feedback I'm more capable of providing better things then criticism. :( sry lol What I speak of applies to any forum and thread with a guide not just your's I've experienced.
  • idgaf1
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok 1st I split these into 2 parts, the 1st parts of this thread and guide I understand or learned that makes sense to me. As the second is the parts I did not understand and need to ask more and solve to help me understand. So were all on some page or wave length. :D
    This is from what i can compile with my understanding...USING many quotes and references from within this thread, because there's too many to quote. So I put there stuff in Italic font, but that's for PART 2 sense I'm not questioning anything on this part. OK :)

PART 1
    Veno's are good at making money.
    Pure Arcane for noob build pve.
    Never run out of mp with natures grace skill.
    Use pdef belts and necklaces.
    No str need for accessories.
    Arcane robe build requires less repair cost, the mage rarely gets hit, and your pet doesn't need equipment/potions, or repairs.
    Quests are the main source of xp until like 40. press Q and check it out.
    For Hat's get +mp ones, you wont have the str for hp ones.
    A Petite Saw fly isn't necessary for pve and you can find the next decent air pet every few lvls.
    A pet can auto cast 1 skill at a time.
    The Skill Amplify Damage and Purge are good use for both dungeons, bosses and meele.
    Golem's are better then wolfs.
    HA refines into alot more HP then LA does.
    You can not put a high lvl shard into a lower grade armor.
    A Kowling is fast and without spurs, it's also a great as a pull pet.
    Theres no reason to level a flying pet if your not pvping.
    If you chose heavy or light 60- you'd be nerfing yourself pve wise, in terms of high vit and high Matk.

Actually, critters switching aggro between your pet and yourself - and back again - is somewhat useful as they don't do much damage while switching and running around. Play that game well and you'll hardly need to heal your pet (or yourself). Interesting concept...

Theres a short quest to learn the 'tame pet' skill at level 3. you take the books to a pet tamer in lost city, and click the 'tame pet' option. itll allow you to learn 'tame pet' in-turn letting you tame.

I had a question: what about heal pet, revive pet, tame pet...?
    Heal pet: max.
    Revive pet: max, but not quite as urgent.
    Tame pet: you can leave at 1, unless you're going to be a pro rare pet tamer, then max.

(not in this thread but thought i would add to my knowledge)
    In terms of mob tanking which is better?
    Glacier walker=pure pdef vs Shadou cub=pure mdef? Which is better, they say Glacier Walker wins by 6% all around.

You could argue but I'm new. An easy way to look for your decision of choice is by either looking for the outside in with agreements, or the hard way is by looking in-between the arguments of the post/threads this applies while scanning the entire forum for any info as well.
    If I was mislead by anything I read then please let me know.
  • idgaf1
    edited August 2010
    Options
    moved :) ty for noresponse
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    just a question n didnt wnna make a topic about it:
    demon fox wallop has 20% chance to make all hits crits for next 5 sec,...
    does that mean i get 100% critrate for 5 sec? or does that work like a heavens flame effect, but that everyone hits crits on that mob for next five sec?
    and if its only affecting me, does that include my pet??? will pet hit double dmg for 5 sec too? or not
  • Illiade - Dreamweaver
    Illiade - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'm a veno lv 66 i've been doing 1str 1vit 1 dex 2 mag every lve what do i need to do to fix my build?
    i need help plz
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you're wearing arcane, add nothing but mag each level until you can use at-level magic weapons, or restat to remove the added dex and about half the added str (optionally, reduce the vit as well) and transfer it to mag.

If you're wearing light, restat to transfer your added vit to mag. You can't afford to stat any vit in a light armor build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illiade - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you're wearing arcane, add nothing but mag each level until you can use at-level magic weapons, or restat to remove the added dex and about half the added str (optionally, reduce the vit as well) and transfer it to mag.

If you're wearing light, restat to transfer your added vit to mag. You can't afford to stat any vit in a light armor build.

TY! ok i'm vit 37 str 37 dex 37 and mag 237 now is this good? i used a reset note
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TY! ok i'm vit 37 str 37 dex 37 and mag 237 now is this good? i used a reset note

You need at least 3 magic per level to use at-level magic weapons.

You can use the formula (Your level - 1)*3 + 5 to figure the amount of magic you should have, minimum.

So:

(66-1)*3 + 5 = 200

You're good there.

I assume you're an arcane veno, since your STR isn't anywhere near high enough to wear LA. In that case:

STOP adding dex. If you can't afford to restat that out, at 3 more dex ONLY to get that extra crit. If you can afford to restat it, add it to magic or vitality at your discretion.

If you plan to remain arcane armor, you will only need about 50 strength EVER. So don't add to much more to that.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember is that you need 3 magic every level, and 1 strength every other level (up to 50) in order to wear arcane armor and weapons that are your level range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idgaf1
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Do i need to double post my questionnaire on here or, shall i quickly wipe up a new thread and post my questions there? Sense no one is answering and would possible already have the answers. It seems they just don't want to help me, compared to others. :) I well make a new thread if i have too.
  • Illiade - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You need at least 3 magic per level to use at-level magic weapons.

You can use the formula (Your level - 1)*3 + 5 to figure the amount of magic you should have, minimum.

So:

(66-1)*3 + 5 = 200

You're good there.

I assume you're an arcane veno, since your STR isn't anywhere near high enough to wear LA. In that case:

STOP adding dex. If you can't afford to restat that out, at 3 more dex ONLY to get that extra crit. If you can afford to restat it, add it to magic or vitality at your discretion.

If you plan to remain arcane armor, you will only need about 50 strength EVER. So don't add to much more to that.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember is that you need 3 magic every level, and 1 strength every other level (up to 50) in order to wear arcane armor and weapons that are your level range.
    ty agin i'll do the 3 more dex for crit and keep up with my magic ty so very muchb:thanks
  • explex
    explex Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thanks for this, one of the more helpful guides XD
  • DrWeevie - Heavens Tear
    DrWeevie - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I am lvl 37 and wanted to catch pet up to my lvl. But cant get item from Khatru Pup to get access . what lvl do you need to be t do cube of fate?????
    I really need to lvl my pet ....
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    40 is the minimum level to enter the Cube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I could really use more info about cube of fate , and pet LVLing , that seemed very faigue , I spent 20 minutes in there asking for assistance and got no replies I currently have one waisted trip there ...... is there a procedure I need to follow , or some kind of protocal???? please breakdown what to do for lvling pets , ( first timer here) I dont want the death match (lvl41) kinda low for that .... I am totaly lost at this b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thankyou , for taking the time to repost that , It will go good with above info ....b:victory
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Addendum...
    Just some thoughts... in-game experience of spells.

1. Why make a Veno?
    6. Most versatile class in the game (can wear any armor pretty efficiently, thanks to fox form)

2. Skills

Maybe an brief description of player's need of that skill should come too...

I.Venomous Scarab: most economic spell, good casting time, perfect in pve/dungeons, mana pool drains very slow. Love it or re-roll.

II. Ironwood Scarab: 3 in 1 spell. Heavy damage, quick cast time, debuff (300% weapon damage), allows pet/party members to do increased physical damage. To be abused on cooldown, in pve/pvp/dungeons.

III. Lucky Scarab. Stun spell, vital for pvp, good damage, fast cast time. Those 2 seconds of stun allow an ironwood to be squeezed in, which is a lot in pvp, and useful in pve.

IV. Noxious Gas: another 3 in 1. AOE, very good damage + DoT, and a good cooldown. Only drawback is its longer cast, which is not really an issue. Very underestimated spell. Vital in FCC and other aoe based runs.

V. Parasitic Nova: Finishing spell. Very high cost, high damage, very slow cast time, pretty chaotic chance of making enemies chaotic - enemies don't move OR attack(note the *or* for ranged enemies). Useful as a last resource or finishing move.

I, II, Metabolic Boost, Nature's Grace: very useful, to be abused.

III. Bramble guard: Maxed for Bramble Hood, useful on melee tank members, never on casters, including yourself.

IV. Bramble Hood: Panic button. Large damage reduction, allows a potion to take effect or cleric to heal while running away.

V, VI, Wood Mastery, Summer Sprint: Speed up gameplay. A must.

VII. Lending Hand: Vital for team play.

I. Amplify Damage: Vital for dungeons, team or solo.

II. Purge: A must for some bosses, useful in pvp.

add III. Leech: a must for fox form, even if character is full arcane; saved my life a few times.

add Soul Transfusion: another Panic Button if used right. Life saver.

add Revive Pet: critical if team depends on a dead hercules (may not sound like much, but i avoided full party wipes in fcc just by having this maxed at my level).

maybe add Fox Form: always max it. I was suprised how many ppl had it lvl 1 and complained that its not useful. It only has 3 levels, its cheap, low level and the benefits are great by each added level.

Anyway... that's my 2 cents at this awesome guide, from a n00bz0r 87 veno.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tip: tear was banned by the old jerk CM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i can see if i can get this **** upgraded by my mod connekshunz within the next few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tip: tear was banned by the old jerk CM.

and unbanned by the new one, who banned you, lawlawlawlawl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and unbanned by the new one, who banned you, lawlawlawlawl
    ill pretend that made sense. Alawlawlawalwlwhatever that means...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.