edited February 2010
    hi everyone
    i'm going with 9 mag 1 str
    should i stop it or it is good?
    i mean am i going to have serious problems later? b:sad
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nah youll be fine bro, just make sure you use garnets, and pdef belts and neckalces or youll be hurtin later in defense. if you wanna save money you can go 3 mag 1 dex 1 str and wear light armor, its the poor mans way out of garnets, and can get decent crit %.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Of course you could go full vit minimum magic strength and become a fortress in pvp, mix your own debuffs with pet debuffs and your target will drop eventually.

As for pure magic, just keep your camera zoomed out to max so you can watch out for respawns. Try not to pull aggro and you'll be fine :)
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    who even builds like that? its got horrible horrible m.atk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Mahkwa - Raging Tide
    Mahkwa - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Obviously someone who's having success with it.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    get unbanned NAOOOooooOo. b:surrender
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hahaha i like that. you found a clever way to save your raceb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ingothea - Archosaur
    Ingothea - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yeah...i sorta forgot the attributes...i started putting 3mag. 2str. every level until i remembered it was 2 hp :p so im lvl 16 now ...it should be okay to start with the hp now ? I have 12 hp already and i think i have 16 strength? Oh and the shadou cub, herc or magnantite thingy? I play mainly pve but am looking to maybe PK when im in 80's ? Whats the best pet appart from herc for soloing bosses/dungeons and good money? Well, all round awesomeness :p someone told me that shadoe cub can solo bosses but do i have the right stats?
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just gotta a quick question. b:question
    How do you know if you're a sage or demon veno? b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's a choice you make during your 89 culti, and determines what level 11 skills you get (or rather, what effects the level 11 skills get), which of the 2 FB89s and 99s you do, which fairy you get, maybe a few other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • chessmanlau
    chessmanlau Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Very nice guide. I'm just installing PW now, and this guide convinced me to have my first acc as a veno :) b:victory
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    thanks, enjoy your veno. ill ask the mods to edit this and add in glacial walkers, seamonster guardians, and dark wanderers. they make wonderful additions to the pet bag... and i dont really have modifying powers over my banned account currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well I'm enjoying my veno nw :)

but I'm wondering about pets...I've got a glacial walker that I quite like, and then I also have a frogling that I was lucky to get.

However, I only have 2 slots - maybe I'll go hunt for some hay to get it to 3.

The question I have is: how does a frogling compare to a dark wanderer, and how does a seamonster guardian compare with a glacial walker?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What happened to Tearvalerin b:question
    *Semi retired*
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    What happened to Tearvalerin b:question
    i was framed and was labeled for 'flagrantly disreguarding rules and previous warnings' by our previous community manager, whom im glad is no longer employed here. i consider it karma.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lnfliction - Sanctuary
    Lnfliction - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thank you!
    "shake a hand instead of shaking a fist"
    L3D3NDS is the best faction!
    Lvl. 33 assassin-WhiteRaine
    Lvl. 23 Cleric-MizuhosFury
    Lvl. 18 cleric- Iriving
    Lvl. 08 cleric- MizuhoHealer
    Lvl. 42 Venomancer- lnfliction
    Lvl. 01 Venomancer- InfIiction
    Lvl. 01 Barbian-DiscipIine

"L3D3NDS fastest leveler XD"
  • Lnfliction - Sanctuary
    Lnfliction - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We need more people who take their time to make quality build guides
    "shake a hand instead of shaking a fist"
    L3D3NDS is the best faction!
    Lvl. 33 assassin-WhiteRaine
    Lvl. 23 Cleric-MizuhosFury
    Lvl. 18 cleric- Iriving
    Lvl. 08 cleric- MizuhoHealer
    Lvl. 42 Venomancer- lnfliction
    Lvl. 01 Venomancer- InfIiction
    Lvl. 01 Barbian-DiscipIine

"L3D3NDS fastest leveler XD"
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    maybe i should write one for archers? the ones there only cover the basics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We need more people who take their time to make quality build guides

The only time I would do for the Cleric is when I become 100.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • supakoolrules1
    supakoolrules1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok thank you very much :)
  • Lovebell - Harshlands
    Lovebell - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hm hm o,o how much do you think I should add every lvl cuz I dont wanna have to wait to lvl again and theeen add my points XDDD cuz at higher lvls it just gets slower and slower b:surrender
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hm hm o,o how much do you think I should add every lvl cuz I dont wanna have to wait to lvl again and theeen add my points XDDD cuz at higher lvls it just gets slower and slower b:surrender

... read the very first post?

*sigh*

Your absolute minimum is:
    3 magic every level, 1 strength every other level.
    That leaves 2 points free on even levels, one on odd levels.
    Put those points wherever you want. For a pure arcane build, put them ALL into magic (so 5 magic one level, 1magic-1str the next etc.)
    For a hybrid, put some into vit (eg. 4 magic 1 vit even levels, then 4 magic 1 str odd levels)
    edited June 2010
    Can this build survive in PvP or TW? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolliipop - Harshlands
    Lolliipop - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Can this build survive in PvP or TW? b:sad

This is a nuke build, so it's all about killing the person before they touch you.
    Anyhow, by the time you should be seriously pking/twing you'll be less squishy then when you are at low levels.
    edited June 2010
    This is a nuke build, so it's all about killing the person before they touch you.
    Anyhow, by the time you should be seriously pking/twing you'll be less squishy then when you are at low levels.

WOOT! Thank you so much b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010

arcane nuke build? :O Does that mean I should go demon b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear
    DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Herc cost 20 mil though. We ought to be able to take out loans in this game, lol... I guess you need money to make money.b:chuckle

I agree if i could GET a herc, i could pay for a herc, but without the herc ... I'm broke. :P BTW... anyone wanna sell me some cheap SoFs?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life's a bish, so live her right, Maybe someday she'll treat you nice. b:mischievousb:victory
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2010

This build is *not necessarily* a nuke build. I am high-vit arcane, and I do pretty darn well in TW. It's a combo of knowing how to play and knowing how to equip yourself, and it's kind of learned via trial-and-error and a bit of chess-thinking (i.e. thinking ahead to what you'll need 5 moves later). Vit veno is kind of a group build anyway--I find it hard to solo PvP because my damage is low without spark (and a decent PvPer will kite/sleep/stun you as soon as your burst goes off), but I do very very well in group PvP/TW where I can debuff enemies and make it easy for squadmates to kill them.

I don't nuke, though. Venos have the lowest raw damage of all the magic classes anyway. Use those curses, people. At least purge and amp. But yeah, against a BM who knows how to stunlock, you're going to die. You're arcane, dying is part of the fun =P But you can survive for quite a while if you know what you're doing--and that's pure builds too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rougweee - Dreamweaver
    Rougweee - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    And if i am Arcane and i dont have a herc?i use a glaciar walkerb:avoidb:embarrass
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't nuke, though. Venos have the lowest raw damage of all the magic classes anyway.

Just because other classes have higher hitting spells: It doesn't mean we can't out DPS them. -Look at channel / cast times. Curses are great, but even after applying them I can steal aggro from many wizards and archers. They're not all pure mag/ dex's either. We also have pretty low return on vit, while benefiting much more from defenses in most situations yet some venos still waste stat points on vit.

Rougweee wrote:
    And if i am Arcane and i dont have a herc?i use a glaciar walker

Using a Glacial Walker is an attempt at being able to play as if you have a Herc, but it doesn't really work out so well. You could grind faster with a Dark Wanderer, lure better with an Eldergoth Marksman / Sharpshooter, and solo things others can't even with a Herc with an Eldergoth ranged as well. A Glacial Walker loses all value when you obtain a Herc (which really isn't difficult to do at 70+), while these two other pets will continue to be very useful.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.