Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Options

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i have a question though.....?how do u lvl this venomancers stats like attribute points to wear the armor and weapons needed im doing full mageb:pleased

Page one of this thread.... you really should read the sticky thread before asking questions already answered....

Section 3, labeled..... STATS
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=234672
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • FearTheMagic - Lost City
    FearTheMagic - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My Veno reached lv 77 (Arcane). It has now 66 vit, 55 str & 297magic.
    My question is: should i keep putting pts into str or not? Since i have enough str for weps
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My Veno reached lv 77 (Arcane). It has now 66 vit, 55 str & 297magic.
    My question is: should i keep putting pts into str or not? Since i have enough str for weps

Since you are arcane, you don't need any more str than is required for your equipment. Your str is high enough to use level 90 gear right now.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So i should put all pts in magic?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That or more Vit, that's totally up to you.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2009
    Options
    kk, tnx again :)
  • Starlightzz - Harshlands
    Starlightzz - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    fhfhlafkjfh l
  • gabreil
    gabreil Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so... I've read about 10 pages or so into this thread distracted from my original search I almost forgot what it was lol.
    I am curious about the usage of genies. I did look around for anything about genie types and abilities they offer for different classes, specifically for my lowbie venomancer (though I didn't look too far into it so forgive me if there's a whole section on it that I completely missed)
    please don't flame... flamers scare me. >.>

As a casual wow player and new pw player venomancer seems like a completely strange character to me, like a warlock with druid capabilities and a hunter pet lol.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Edit: Wow, the genie changes nuke those suggestions.
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    gabreil wrote: »
    so... I've read about 10 pages or so into this thread distracted from my original search I almost forgot what it was lol.
    I am curious about the usage of genies. I did look around for anything about genie types and abilities they offer for different classes, specifically for my lowbie venomancer (though I didn't look too far into it so forgive me if there's a whole section on it that I completely missed)
    please don't flame... flamers scare me. >.>

As a casual wow player and new pw player venomancer seems like a completely strange character to me, like a warlock with druid capabilities and a hunter pet lol.

Ha. I was in the same boat as you the other day. A GM gave me a bunch of links and I found this one to be the most helpful to me: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Genie_Guides
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
  • mijac
    mijac Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    About heavy build and soloing i really have no problem. At level 90 i easily solo Blackhole Devourer unbuffed. My magic is 277 with a lvl 89 requiem blade. i Use a full set of tt90 HA with tt80 HA sleeves tho for the stat bonus.

I went from LA to HA at lvl 90 coz LA doesnt really seem worth it to me. I used P def jewelry and LA armor now i use M def jewelry with HA, which gives same M def and alot more P def. I have 7500 p def (16k in fox and 23k fully buffed from cleric and BM) 4500k m def and 6300 hp (with 3 pts base vit). HA refines more hp than LA and a lot more than Arcane to easy make up for any spare pts arcane users put into vit. It all depends tho on how much u refine ur gear.

Fox dmg is ok in melee and ur survivability is very high with some nice magic defense jewelry and some m def shards and hp shards in ur gear. At lvl 92 if u go sage u will have a 200% equipment bonus to p atk which will make u do similar dmg in melee over time as u would with magic. And u can outdamage ur nix also if u wanna tank and easily survive 2-3 mobs at the time using only leech atk to keep ur hp max (no pots/charms).

This build makes ur char more flexible in my oppinion others may disagree. If u go heavy u can still use magic. Granted u will have 270+ magic as heavy vs 400+ as most arcanes have. Meaning ur nukes will do 20-30% less dmg on spams and less maybe 15-20% less on lucky, noxious and ironwood (since they are more weapon dmg or fixed dmg based). This is ofc all based on ur gear and refine, this is compared with my gf who is arcane full int with ~+5 gear and +6 weapon like me. Yes u will have less mp too but venos can easily keep mp up with boost/grace swap mp/hp combos. I only use pots for soloing bosses if i don't have time to use boost/grace.

An arcane veno with full int will only really use fox mode as support. Like debuffs or if u cant avoid a physical aoe while healing ur pet to take less dmg. Heavy veno has 200% more pdef, 200%+ more accuracy and 100-200% more p atk if u go sage which is the better choice unless u are magic only.

So heavy is not at all bad it's just a matter of what u want from ur char. Arcane is superior in magic but fairly useless in fox. Heavy is ok in magic and superior in fox.

The downside with heavy is that u have to worry a lot more about what gear to use than arcane. U need to find gear with + attributes as u pretty much need 6 attribute pts pr lvl if u want to use equal lvl weapon and armor. Roughly 3 mag/0.5 dex/2.5 str pr lvl. And u need to swap atleast 1 ring when u swap between fox/human to make the best of it. U can use rank ring in other slot if u dont wanna swap 2 rings.
    As arcane u need 3 mag/0.5 str pr lvl pretty much and then have 1.5 free pts to use for whatever u like, and u can then use whatever gear is within ur lvl range.

So the upside with arcane is that its easier to to find gear, easier to distribute attributes and u will spike magic dmg and have great pet heals making pve easy.

The upside with heavy is that ur gear will provide better defense.

tt90 HA Chest 1532 p def / 655 m def
    tt90 Arcane chest 171 p def / 1530 m def

So u will end up with better magic defense in heavy than physical defense in arcane. Also heavy refines better hp. Arcane gives 188 hp at +6 (tt90) and HA gives 302 hp at +6. Thats the same as 10 pts in vit pr armor part. Also with 227 str u can easily wear hp helmet equal to ur lvl to give a nice hp boost.
    Also u get a massive boost from the 150% p def increase from fox form compared to other armor types.

Just to clarify before flaming of any kind starts. This was not in any way meant to say heavy was better than arcane or the other way around. This was just to promote heavy as a viable option also. Many young venos think that if u go heavy u must give up using magic and solo tt and stuff like that and run around foxing everything to death tanking urself.

My advise is stay arcane or go heavy... LA leaves u in the middle without excelling in anything except very high accuracy and 2-3% better crit rate than heavy and being easier to equip. I know its very hard to find gear to equip a HA veno when u lvl fast and therefore many starts out LA like me. This was meant as an endgame comment.

As arcane u can put pts in vitality to begin with since refining low lvl gear is expensive compared to gain and then respec ur vit into magic when u get some great gear to make up for the hp lost.
  • FoxTailQueen - Dreamweaver
    FoxTailQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    nvm found out why
  • fatboykkb
    fatboykkb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    okey i think i messed up my veno from level 1 ive been doing 9 mage 1 str every 2 levels is this good or bad?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    fatboykkb wrote: »
    okey i think i messed up my veno from level 1 ive been doing 9 mage 1 str every 2 levels is this good or bad?
    Its alright, its called a pure magic build. I wouldnt reccomend it, as it dies easily when hit, but atleast it gets the job done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Awesome, awesome guide! <3 b:thanks
  • Tayiorswift - Harshlands
    Tayiorswift - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like this guide alot
  • gjinja
    gjinja Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    this was sooooooo helpful!

thanks!! b:pleased
  • yukinam
    yukinam Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hi guys, this guide is cool, and it convinced me to go a pure arcane veno. Im new to the game, only started it last night, and i just got my first sharptooth wolfling. After reading up on various forums, i've learned that pure arcane venomancer is a great solo for PvE if i have a strong pet that can tank. Can somebody help me set up guidelines as to what kind of equipment, and what kind of pets i should have at certain levels? It would help a lot.
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    Yukire - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sorry for the double post! This is probably somewhere in a forum but i haven't the time to search at the moment. I heard that venomancers are great at making money, im curious as to how this is done. How is grinding with a venomancer any different than grinding with any other class? Thank you in advance!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    venomancer pets are like a personal tank, so they really do -not- need potions or mp, as they have two healing moves as well. nor do they need to pay for repairs. this self sufficiency makes them ideal for money making in low levels.

at around level 18 youll want to find a crystalline magminte pet, itll be a great tank for a very long time (~60's-70s)

for gear, youll want physical defense accesories, magic attack rings, and use magic swords/arcane robes. magic swords have the best flexibility in my eyes, and make great weapons for beginners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hm, if i get a lot of armor for my physical defense, won't that weaken my magic attack, and also force me to put more points into strength, leaving less for my magic? And by robes, do you mean like a cape?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no, i mean using the armor at the NPC called 'arcane robes' they require minimal str, and mag to wear. they have lousy defense, but alot of magic defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oo i see. But as long as i dont play PvP, and only PvE for now, lousy defense shouldnt really matter, as long as i have a good tanking pet, right? And also, should i prioritize hp regen or mana regen? Even if i put a majority of my points into magic, will future spells cost too much mana for me?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    id recommend doing 1 str/4 mag every level until you have 45 str (its all youll ever need for final gear) then after going either 3 mag 2 vit, or 4 mag 1 vit each level. depends on how much mag you wanna give up for hp.

either way, youll never really run out of MP with nature's grace, an MP healing skill.

to make up for defense use physical defense belts and necklaces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oh alright. Cool thanks for the help xD. So i'll do this - Just get enough strength to wear my accessories, that should be physical defense. The rest of my points will go into Mag and Vit, and none to dexterity. As for armour and weapons, you want me to go arcane robes and swords?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oh alright. Cool thanks for the help xD. So i'll do this - Just get enough strength to wear my accessories, that should be physical defense. The rest of my points will go into Mag and Vit, and none to dexterity. As for armour and weapons, you want me to go arcane robes and swords?

If you plan on being fully PvE then a vit build arcane venomancer is definitely one of the optimal choices.

You don't need any str or any stats at all to wear accessories, they only have a level requirement. You will need str and magic to wear arcane robe armor and to use magic weapons, so yes, you need just enough str to use them. magic swords are one type of weapon you can use, and for PvE would probably be the best option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like this forum/game. People are really helpful. Thanks a lot :D
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Also, before starting the game, i heard that not only are venomancers very cheap, they are great at making money, can anybody help me with this? I read the moneymaking guide, but i dont understand how grinding with a venomancer is different than grinding with any other class. Also, when i grind, does my pet absorb half the exp?
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Also, before starting the game, i heard that not only are venomancers very cheap,

they are great at making money, can anybody help me with this?

I read the moneymaking guide, but i dont understand how grinding with a venomancer is different than grinding with any other class.

Also, when i grind, does my pet absorb half the exp?

They are cheap in long term costs, ie: repairs. Now they are expensive when you consider getting a herc/nix/tome/legendary foods but without that they are very cheap and easier to make money with because they rarely get hit so they have low repair costs and they solo easy as they always have a tank/dd and can support/dd with their pet. It's like having a group all the time. The difference is, your group member doesn't need equipment, or potions, or repairs. it just needs a bit of food every 5 mins and if you have a tome then it doesn't need any food unless it dies.

You make money the same as everyone else. The only difference is soloing TT with a herc but this is getting less and less profittable.

No it doesn't take any of your xp it just xp on its own and won't level past your current level.
  • Yukire - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Alright thanks. One more question, are there certain areas where i can gain exp quickly? At the moment, i feel as if training is taking far too long. I am lvl 8 right now, and i am training on Jaden Elfires outside BB Village. Should i be training on other things?