Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ive been doing 3 mag, 2 vit every level, whats the point of capping it, ill have 365 mag with TT90 gear, thats pretty darn high enough, might as well bump that hp as close to 5k as possible
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm do you have those rebirth pics saved somewhere else by any chance? D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
    edited June 2009
    im trying to get new ones, im waiting for my alt 7x veno to get in an RB gamma so I can take new ones, some **** hijacked my photobucket, and I didnt have back ups ;\
    edited June 2009
    It's all good, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Tear, how much base Vit do you have?
    *Semi retired*
    edited June 2009
    85 right now, 110 geared.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ive been doing 3 mag, 2 vit every level, whats the point of capping it, ill have 365 mag with TT90 gear, thats pretty darn high enough, might as well bump that hp as close to 5k as possible

The point of capping vit is to not have the same nerfed mag as an LA does :P

And how do you have only 85 base vit, if you leveled 87 levels, times 2 vit per level, that should be well over 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    i didnt start doing it until later, i cant remember. my early levels were winged, and now i have an extra bit of dex i dont need >_>;. i have 375 mag right now no need to think im gimped like stinkin LA lol
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Lol, nah, I just said that was the point of capping VIT :p otherwise you WILL be gimped like LA and you might as well just roll an LA at that point IMO.

One rather interesting modification I have entertained is a character that is arcane + dex dump, rather than arcane + vit dump. I don't think I'll spend that much to reset to it though, but it holds some... interesting possibilities. Anyway, does anyone remember the link to that stat calculator thingy or is it on ecatomb?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    its got a seperate link, its not accosiated with ecatomb, a large amount of vit will not affect your magic in a single way, what made you think it would?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    No, I mean the more points you stat into VIT means less points you can stat into MAG. It's very simple. :P

And I found it. In case it hasn't been linked in this thread before:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    In rebirth, is the tele to 1k streams still a problem and is there a possible way around it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    yeah, its around, when you die, dont press anything, it usually helps.
  • hadrie1
    hadrie1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hey, im pretty new too (yesterday) so i got a question

with this kind of venomacer build, which genie should i get? all i could figure out so far is that there are 4 kinds of them with different affinitys to a stat
    i dont wanna waste money/time on getting a bad one
  • FearTheMagic - Lost City
    FearTheMagic - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Can anyone tell me where i can upgrade my Pet skills? (like bash etc)
  • goldentroll
    goldentroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks a lot for the guide, realy helped me b:victory
    I refuse to play the vampire!!! I'll play a lady vampire :D
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Can anyone tell me where i can upgrade my Pet skills? (like bash etc)

You upgrade them at the zoologist (587 620) in archosaur. You have to buy a tame book from her for 200,000 coins (under 'pet items'), and then talk to her again with your pet out and choose 'learn pet skills'. A tame book upgrades one skill by one level.
    Pet skills have required levels, just like people skills. Most skills can be upgraded at pet levels 20, 40, 60 and 80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
    edited June 2009
    Lol 200k coinsb:shocked
    Tyvm anyway
    edited June 2009
    Which shards should i use as Arcane Veno? Phys/Magic or HP shards?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    It depends on whether or not you've invested in any VIT points or not, and your own playstyle.

If you're pure arcane, it's arguable that the pdef from shards won't help you as much as HP from shards will.

If you've already got VIT invested in stats, I think pdef (at least mostly) are the way to go.

A lot of people mix shards. For instance. all my armor pieces have pdef shards in them, and my ornaments and hat have HP shards. I have 50 base VIT.

A lot of people swear by pdef shards if you PvP a lot but I don't know much about that as I don't tend to PvP extensively, and it would seem to me the caliber of shards needed would exceed the bounds of levels under 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    I'm pure Arcance yes. I was thinking to use lv 6 HP shards in gear, Magic Attack in Wep & Hp again in ornaments.
    I've got atm 37 Vit
    Tyb:pleased
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Level 6 shards are kind of expensive at your level. :3

Usually average shards are the way to go if you're on a budget, those are only a grade lower and cost ~50k each instead of ~200k each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Yea, lv 6 shards cost a lot. But my gear is lv 6 & the question is: can u put lv 5 shards in lv 6 gear etc?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Sure can ^_^ The only limitation is that you can't put a shard into armor that is lower than its grade, i.e. you cannot put a L6 shard into L5 armor. But you *can* put L5 shards into L6,7,8... armor. : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Thats great. ty for help & infob:pleased
  • W__code__F - Harshlands
    W__code__F - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tear are you going to upload your pics anytime soon?
    edited June 2009
    itd be appreciative if someone could aid in some new ones... i cant seem to recover any of my lost ones, and dont have time to go hunt down pics in FBs.

if anyone would like special section dedicated to them, id appreciate the help!
  • neocccro
    neocccro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    itd be appreciative if someone could aid in some new ones... i cant seem to recover any of my lost ones, and dont have time to go hunt down pics in FBs.

if anyone would like special section dedicated to them, id appreciate the help!

how can i be spiritual adept
    edited June 2009
    get level 9?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I see some critical errors in the first half which should be fixed.
    1. Makes more money than any other class

Venos have more expenses than Wiz's, and make about the same. Venos tend to level their pets as opposed to taking all the easy xp, which is why they tend to have more. They also learn to save by saving for the Herc and Nix.
    5. Only class currently that can pull/lure

We have more luring options at our disposal, but we're no longer necessary as a lurer with genies. In many instances, a barb makes a better puller /lurer without a genie. Clerics and Archers appear to have luring skills as well.
    Almighty damage, HP, and Pdef

Scorpions out damage, bears and other pets out Hp.
    As for a puller, Kowlin rocks, running faster than mounts, to get those monsters lured. If hes too expensive, Eldergoth Marksmen ftw :O.

Kowlin is not faster than a spurred mount, and Eldergoth Marksman / Sharpshooter is better in many ways.
    Go for Petite sawflies, Kowlin again, Scorpions and other pets using flesh ream for its bugged PVP damage

bugged?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.