Bald/hair glitch - Report here please!

Comments

• Fatious - Heavens Tear
    Fatious - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    10sem2s.jpg

Yesterday she was fine. Today she's bald. Though I do have the issue of my hair randomly disappearing when I swim on all my female characters though it comes back as she swims then disappears again, but is always fine once I get out of the water.

Race: Venomancer

I don't know which char ini file is hers way too many.

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
  • lucyleggs
    lucyleggs Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I had my first charicter goes bald and now my second has gone bald I am leaving the game for a few weeks as its really upsetting me now. if its not too much trouble please fix this fault yes I am using an nvidia 8800 but never had other games go bald on me.

unhappy and still waiting a propper responce
  • ElvenKnight - Sanctuary
    ElvenKnight - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i dont really have a bald problem the glitch isnt affecting my character but everyone elses. they all seem to have my characters hair style or similar for the girls and yes it is affect the girls as well as the oy plz help because i cant stand having everyone have m hair and then not getting to see the way actual characters look srry dont have a pic yet to show ou
  • zenkarma
    zenkarma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I have 6 characters that I play on, so this post is going to have quite a large number of image links in it. I'm also going to point out a few little things I noticed while trying to figure out what was going on.

Menu Selection screen shots:

Shatea:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-15-59.jpg

RahGeous:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-16-01.jpg

Yunellia:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-16-03.jpg

Fredrika:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-16-04.jpg

ShaTeal:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-16-06.jpg

NorikoTakaya:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-16-10.jpg

These are all the "Menu" screenshots of my characters.
    My Venomancer appears completely normal.
    My Barbarian appears normal.
    My Archer is missing her hair.
    My Cleric is missing her hair.
    My Wizard seems completely normal and has her hair.
    My Blademaster is missing her hair.

In game screenshots:

Shatea:
    bald: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-22-04.jpg

normal: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-22-08.jpg

Notes: I noticed that while I was looking at the character from her right side, the hair was rendered and on the character. When I was looking at her from her left, the hair would disappear. It worked the exact same when she was on a flying mount.

ReaGeous: Barbarians have no "hair" to lose, so I did not bother with an in game screen shot.

Yunellia:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-21-02.jpg

Notes: I didn't manage to get a screenshot, but the first time I jumped after logging on her hair disappeared. After that though, jumping did not make her hair go away. it was a quick one time thing that I did not manage to capture. Other than that, her hair did not disappear.

Fredrika:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-18-36.jpg

Her hair also disappeared for a split second while having been airborne for a few seconds. (It goes without saying that I didn't manage a screenshot of it.) After that one small moment, her hair did not disappear again.

ShaTeal:
    Notes: She was completely fine in game. I was playing as her for an hour earlier today, and never once did her hair disappear. However, take a look at her menu image. Her staff for some reason is not completely showing up. Dunno if this has anything to do with the hair glitch or not, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

NorrikoTakaya:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-17-10.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/Perfect%20World/2009-10-1113-16-36.jpg

Notes: With Norriko it was completely random. If the camera moved at all, her hair would disappear. It would go away and come back often, and quickly. As she ran, her hair would appear and disappear with every single step she took. Zooming in and out at all caused the hair to come in and out. As I said, it was completely random, and it happened very very often.

I didn't take a picture of CuChulain considering I have him meditating towards deletion in order to make room for a character once the Tideborn come out. I will mention that his hair on the menu did render, and was appearing completely normal.

I hope what I have said can be of some sort of help.
  • vanhellsong
    vanhellsong Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't know whats the fuss bout...i just re-modified the hair and wa-la...Done...b:victory
  • andreanime
    andreanime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Does the installer affect this, as I see that there are installer for XP and for Vista/7?

I'm using XP installer since my computer was XP. Until now, I have no problem. All characters, no matter boy or girl, looks 100% normal. I'm playing the game fun.

My brother's using Vista, and I don't want to wait for 1 day downloading Vista installer, so I use the XP installer on Vista. There is no problem during installation or patching. But when the game has started, some girl characters are glitched, just like everyone messed up above! The glitch only come on the preset preview. When I try to modify he hair (close up camera), the hair was shown. But when I click OK, the camera returned to the full body, the hair was disappeared again.

I click create character and enter the perfect world and check the glitch. In the world, sometimes the hair was not displayed, but by scrolling the mouse, the hair will displayed. But in certain condition, the hair will not displayed again.

My Vista has no problem on another PW (I also try some pw private server, but I realized that PWI has is the best since it use the latest version b:flower)! So I don't know whether XP and Vista installer really different, or the Vista installer is the one which is troubled.

The problems occurs on Vista doesn't occurs on XP.

XP Graphic Card:
    NVidia GeForce FX 5200
    Driver version 6.14.0010.9424

Vista Graphic Card:
    NVidia GeForce 8600GS
    Driver version 7.15.0011.6921
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2009
    The two installers are actually effectively identical, with the exception of the default install directory. Right now, we're trying to narrow down which pieces of hardware it does/doesn't happen on, along with what settings affect it.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• _LeLilya_ - Sanctuary
    _LeLilya_ - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    idHairModel = 275
    idHairTex = 311

she dont have hair or dont see one of the axes.

lelilynohair.pngw821.png
  • formykka
    formykka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    erm, I was hoping to be a bit more helpful with my information as I have 6 characters, 4 of which are consistently affected (f blademaster, f veno, f archer, f wizard), 2 aren't (m barb(obviously) and another f veno), but I have 10 character ini files (I assume deleted character ini's don't get deleted) so can't sort out which is which.

FWIW though:
    chipset - GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M
    driver version - 7.15.0011.7713
    DDI version 10

The only place the problem consistently showed up for me was in the character selection screen. In the game itself the hair would cut in and out. I tried setting water texture from medium to low and that solved the problem in game and in the character selection, however the problem reappears while under water. I also tried setting the water back to medium and then setting the refraction to open and had the same result (hair fine in char selection and on land, in and out in water).

Sorry I don't have all the info, but hope this helps.
  • PhoenixDance - Dreamweaver
    PhoenixDance - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have this happening to me for over 3 weeks now. It happens with all my chars. I used a make up scroll to change my veno's hair but the new one is even worse. I keep sending emails to support but the answer is always something around the lines of...we know and we're fixing. However it's not happening. I sugesst less worries with boutique and a bit more with game glitches.
  • Lidushka - Lost City
    Lidushka - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Still all my Female Chars are BALD on the initial screen.

They lose hair on and off when played

I get frequent disconnections

I egt graphcsi crashes - despite any attemptes to do as tech suggests - only result is poorer quality

People still abuse World Chats

No GM's are ever interested in the real issues anymore

Nobody answer the tickets sent - or at least mine
  • folkmetal
    folkmetal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have a venomancer affected by this problem: she hasn't got her hair.

hairstyle: 20

I have the xp version of windows.

female veno called Flerliam

I know there aren't some infos, can you help me?
  • angellics
    angellics Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have total 5 characters who are bald :
    1. Wizard (female) - Aluxcia hairstyle: 9

2. Archer (female) - Anngellinne hairstyle: 16
    3. Blademaster (female) - Gabriellia hairstyle: 9
    4. Cleric (female) - Alucyan hairstyle: 21
    5. Venomancer (female) - _Angellics_ hairstyle: 21

The other 2 characters (male) are not got the glitch. I got this glitch since i think a mth ago. But i submit tickets 3 times but all answered all the same "we're trying to fix it, pls wait" I hv a Windows Vista.
  • xbellamuertex
    xbellamuertex Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    None of the hairstyles work for me although the hair accessories do, like the headbands or hairclips and crowns etc.

Race: Elf (archer)
    Sex: Female

Hopw this part of the info is correct as im not too good with computers b:chuckle

Chip Type: ATI Radeon X1200 Series (ox791F)
    Driver Version Number: 7.14.0010.0590 (English)
  • xbellamuertex
    edited October 2009
    To add to my last post: The Venomancer is the only female that the hair shows up on for me b:puzzled
  • Mala_Curica - Lost City
    Mala_Curica - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    my hair glitch has been fixed..on system settings ''Refraction'' was on OFF,besides ''Open''.. so baldness on all characters disappear now b:cute
  • xbellamuertex
    edited October 2009
    I sorted out my bald problem. Turned the terrain down and the water up.
  • LilithPaige - Dreamweaver
    LilithPaige - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is there a problem with the latest patch? I downloaded to version 199 this morning, and since then 4 out of 6 of my characters are bald and I cant create a character with hair. I never had problems before, do I need to send you details of all my characters?
  • LilithPaige - Dreamweaver
    LilithPaige - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Forget this the Refraction thing fixed mine aswell.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is there a problem with the latest patch? I downloaded to version 199 this morning, and since then 4 out of 6 of my characters are bald and I cant create a character with hair. I never had problems before, do I need to send you details of all my characters?

I still have the baldness problem with patch 199, but it seems to me to be the same problem I used to have, where water rendering conflicts somehow with hair rendering.

Also, the issue has always been different when I am under water (or behind a waterfall) than when I am above water. On my machine, I can change my water settings to deal with my hair problems when I am above water, but I have not yet found any setting which prevents me from going bald when I am under water.

For now, I deal with this problem by mostly staying out of the water.

(I keep meaning to take some illustrative screen shots and post a nice bug report about my "underwater issues", but I have been having problems finding enough round tuits.)
  • Sedna_Yuki - Dreamweaver
    Sedna_Yuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It happend after patch 199

Race: Elf (Cleric)
    I cannot figure out which file contains my character setting, but in the character modify screen, it is called Haircut03.

I am using Windows Vista,
    Chip type: ATI Radeon 2100
    Driver Version: 8.473.0.0

I could not figure out how to post the screenshot.
  • zilpha
    zilpha Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Iv've used 3 makeover scrolls to try fix my char being bold none of them worked ive sent in tickets and got a reply telling me to change my water setting which i did but it didnt fix it i then used anouther make over scroll and updated by drivers but my char is still bald QQ ...any news when they are gonna fix it? seems like the bug has been around for months?
    edited October 2009
    why u wasting money on it since its just graphical issue?only U see ur character bald,rest of people see it normal.
    try mess with ur in game settings u could fix it like i did with mine.
    enable this,maybe helps b:victory
    38604619.jpg
  • Noxus - Dreamweaver
    Noxus - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Mala I freaking luv ya

Problem finally solved for me !

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • lupaner
    lupaner Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i'm bald b:cry

Race & gender:

Elf Cleric - Female

Screenshot:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4496/20091023151956.png

video chipset and the driver version number:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6540/infodrive.jpg

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 545
    idHairTex = 313
    edited October 2009
    Mala I freaking luv ya

Problem finally solved for me !

b:thanksb:thanks

np b:cute b:pleased
  • zilpha
    zilpha Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    why u wasting money on it since its just graphical issue?only U see ur character bald,rest of people see it normal.
    try mess with ur in game settings u could fix it like i did with mine.
    enable this,maybe helps b:victory
    38604619.jpg

thing is every one else see's me as bald too my hubbie and a few guidlies say they see me as bald too and ive tried that its the same thing the gms said when they responded to my ticket that doesnt work either its not just me so it cant be a graphics problem on my side...
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i got a skin color problem on my veno, only the head/face is shown with the tanned color the rest just stays white
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lavaetinn - Lost City
    Lavaetinn - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i got a skin color problem on my veno, only the head/face is shown with the tanned color the rest just stays white

My guildie Zenous has that problem. Close up she is tanned, but from far away she is completely white.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My guildie Zenous has that problem. Close up she is tanned, but from far away she is completely white.

for me it doesnt matter nearby or far only the head is tanned =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.