Bald/hair glitch - Report here please!

Comments

• KimEunMi - Dreamweaver
    KimEunMi - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Today I tried making a female Winged Elf Cleric, but for some reason, when I tried giving her hair, it would not show up no matter what style I chose. However, all other Winged Elves I tried to make had hair when I was modifying them.

EDIT: Actually, its any form of female Winged Elf, whether Cleric or Archer. Also, my female BM is bald in character selection but she has her hair when I log-in. It still glitches in and out though.

The most recent update did this, I believe. It happens on my laptop, which has had the update, but on my dad's computer, the hair appears fine, and I have not yet updated that version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Had this happen to me for the first time when I rolled up a female BM a couple nights ago. Haircut 22, Style 01.

The first night it was disappearing sporadically while I was fighting in the water for the first time. The next day it happened once at the login screen, which I was able to fix with the two-day modify function, but then it happened again when I logged in- modified again and it hasn't happened since. (Kept the hair the same, just tweaked a few things, changed them back, and saved.)

Graphics are running at max settings, and haven't tweaked them since this started.

Got about 12 hours left on my free modify, but if it happens after that I'm screwed until my late-20s free Makeover Scroll ;)
  • shiukian1568
    shiukian1568 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Same here... same for female archers too..
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Try turning down your water settings to minimum. That helps out a lot (though I miss the pretty water)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey guys, try my new method here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5734581&postcount=46

Let us know if that helps, ok?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have to write something, because the GMs are looking at it wrong. This issue with the balding is NOT happening to people using Windows XP with Direct 9.0c. This issue ONLY happening to Windows Vista and 7 users because of Direct X 10 and 11, both of which have a sort of emulated way of trying to be backwards compatible with Direct X 9.0c.

So I suggest mentioning this to the developers, because it's kinda important.

System 1

Duel Radeon 4870 X2, using Windows XP, no balding.
    Duel Radeon 4870 X2, with Windows 7, balding.

Same thing for an alternative nVidia video card (can't remember model) which was in the system as well.

System 2
    Single Radeon 3200, using Windows XP, no balding.
    Single Radeon 3200, using Windows Vista or 7, balding.

System 3
    Single Radeon 3870, using Windows XP, no balding.
    Single Radeon 3870, using Windows 7, balding.

I had one more system, it's dead and it had an nVidia video card and it was exactly the same as the other three. Win XP, no balding; Win Vista or 7, balding.

Those systems brought me to the conclusion that this problem was Vista and 7 related. Since I knew about how Direct X 10 and 11 worked, it was pretty clear to me after that, that this issue was related to that. Also, since long ago, there has been the bald hair (and weapons) looking through the waterfall in Arch thing. Since this happens in XP, Vista, and 7. This brought me to a second conclusion, that the developers are drawing things onto the screen in a non-standard way. Which would mean, though it is partially Direct X 10 and 11's fault, it also heavily lies with the developers and how they drew objects on the screen. Which for one reason or another, Direct X 10/11 can't emulate that same thing that the original Direct X 9.0c had, which is, even possibly, a flaw.

Oh yeah, and for those Vista and 7 users who have "fixed it." Just be glad the Direct X 10/11 is kicking in and working 100% correctly. All it is, is a mere fluke. Nothing more, nothing less

Woo, all right, I'm done writing what I wanted to, now I can go back and play joyfully with a non-balding panda. b:pleased (If anyone responds, I might not respond back quickly, because I usually don't pay much attention to the forums)
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver
    ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    she wanted to make a winged elf archer, but no hair showed up... any suggestions on how to fix it?
    one thing i may never do again is fall in love... but oh well....

least i can be a lone wolf err... lion in this case and help my friends :P
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    using win7? if so there is da problem =)
    edited December 2009
    she uses vista...

• ghui
    ghui Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    she uses vista...
    under settings (options) enable character customization?
    edited December 2009
    it's not in-game it's during character creation -.-

• Xaelian - Heavens Tear
    Xaelian - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hmm can't see hair when making a char...you can try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it then go to its properties and click the compatablity tab then check the "run as administrator" and try and see if that works
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Try to varify your files
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here's what I'm talking about with the partial transparency layer. If I bump the camera up slightly the hair goes back to normal... The bottom of the hair has my skin color like the hair is just mapped to my head texture, then it goes completely transparent at the shoulder where it shouldn't be because my back is there.

transparentglitch.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maereia - Sanctuary
    Maereia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    For myself, I can't tell you which character I'm having problems with because I haven't created them yet. It happens when I go to Create section and only to the Female models. Plus it isn't just one hair model, it's all the hair models. I've tried reinstalling the game, but that didn't fix the problem.
  • deathmarine
    deathmarine Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well, 1 I doubt it's vista/windows 7 for one main reason.

I just did a makeover, and well came out with a very different face compared to the one I was looking at when making it. Then I had my brother fly to me on his laptop with xp. And he saw me bold. which I didn't nor my friend ( I sit on windows vista home). Not sure what my friend sit on.

Anyways reloging the xp computer still bald, relog me and now both I and my friend and my brother see me as bald. Which is very very weird.

Everything looked fine in the change room.

Male: BladeMaster
    os, Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Graphic card. Nvidia Gforce 9800GT
    processor intel core 2 quad 9300.

Seeing as ppl saw me differently when I exited compared to what I saw, something is wrong. but after relog everyone saw me the same way as I saw me. Also friend said my face changed after relog which I didn't notice. so she might have seen what I saw in change room.

if we change computer so me on xp I still look the same
  • MarcelUchiha - Harshlands
    MarcelUchiha - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hello
    I was walking whem this happened
    semttulog.png
    Then I called a friend and he also fall in the hole.
    What he do now????
    the server is Harshlands
    My friend was a girls and i friend carry she and she got out of the hole.
    The problem that i am a mam.
    Please.
    find solutions.
    Not like the others in the previous threat that laughed
  • CrimsonFrost - Dreamweaver
    CrimsonFrost - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it is HARDLY only windows vista and 7 because im running windows XP and it still happened to me twice on 2 characters. which i wish the GMs would give me some way to fix.....*cough cough*..... and its not even because of the water it one day just logged in and poof no hair on my char at lchar selection screen.....
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it is HARDLY only windows vista and 7 because im running windows XP and it still happened to me twice on 2 characters. which i wish the GMs would give me some way to fix.....*cough cough*..... and its not even because of the water it one day just logged in and poof no hair on my char at lchar selection screen.....

Yeah, Visa and even 7 have been being used longer than this problem that started with the pre-loading of the Rising Tide expansion. Hopefully this week when all is live it will fix itself cause PWI doesn't seem to want to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsonFrost - Dreamweaver
    CrimsonFrost - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they could at least insert the modify appearances scroll in my inventory so i can fix it myself.
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/Trapt87/?action=view&current=change-1.jpg

Race: Untamed

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 663
    idHairTex = 423

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6172 (English)

----
    All it did for me is change my style of hair... it was all pretty..
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    Ashieka - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Race: Untamed
    IGN: Sheburn

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
    Driver Version: 8.17.11.9562

I couldn't figure out which ini file was for which character. I don't have the bald head issue just a weird new hair style. No previous screen shot, but this is what it looks like now.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/leshasplace/ss.jpg

I don't like the new look and would like to get the old hairstyle back or be able to change it to something else.
  • Altzae - Raging Tide
    Altzae - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't know if this pertains to the issue at hand, but I was playing around with the F9 thing and it made everyone bald. Thing is, I accidentally saved my config while I had on the F9 temp reduced settings thing on, and every single player is bald except for myself and I can't figure out how to switch it back to normal. I even tried to reset the settings to default and it did nothing..
  • missouriguy
    missouriguy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    how are you suppose to know which hair style it is? it doesn't have the name of the char?
  • aure22
    aure22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My haircut is changed to silly one and i cannot change it back!
  • Xorlia - Dreamweaver
    Xorlia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I originally had that poofy, wavy hair style on my Cleric...I log in to see her hair has become radically different. o__O
    Xorlia-Assassin-4x
    KimEunMi-Blademaster-3x
    Fabrianne-Cleric-1x
    Xinyk-Venomancer-1x
    Kallias-Psychic-1x
  • grand0line
    grand0line Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Help would be appreciated !
    My hair has changed after the new updates. Now I'm seriously depressed :(
  • Elli_Helios - Harshlands
    Elli_Helios - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How about any race that goes underwater.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    GeForce 4's are pretty underpowered (technically similar to GeForce 2's).

Try this workaround here if you have older hardware/integrated graphics: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5734581&postcount=46
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lady_Sekhmet - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Sekhmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My main character's hair style changed from the nice curly/wavy one to this ugly thing with a big bow on top of her head. I do /not/ like it at all and would like the old style back.

Original: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/FrozenTearsPhotos/PWSek.jpg

New: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/FrozenTearsPhotos/wronghair.jpg

Blademaster
    Female

I couldn't figure out the hair files.

Graphics Card: GForce8400 GS

Driver version: 182.5
This discussion has been closed.