Bald/hair glitch - Report here please!

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The tan face issue for Veno is a known issue. It is the Veno with the bushy fox tail.

Choose a different veno/tail combo.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • KiYui - Dreamweaver
    KiYui - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I find that I always go BALD when I move under the waterfall at the start of the BH for Qianji.
    This does not bother me, I find it rather funny - I am sharing in hopes that it may help.

2009-09-3002-30-14.jpg

This is what I usually look like.

2009-10-0423-43-14.jpg
  • Devarous - Heavens Tear
    Devarous - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So I went to make an Archer. I have finished the first step of customization, okay great! After entering the game, as usual pressing F9 and stare at it carefully to see if I need any changes. I usually run the game in the lowest graphic settings. I decided to change the graphic setting a bit so I can see my character clearly in that lil box that only shows the face.. There were few things that I didn't like, so I went back to the main page and I was surprised to see 4 of my alts were bald b:sad but my main character was not bald.

But the most oddest of all, were my archers. They kept switching between baldness and their bow b:shocked and I tell you, my newly archer like twitching...

Archer.jpg

I don't know why but I have a hunch it's because I changed the graphic settings..

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4650
    Display adapter driver version 8.581.1.0
    (I am not very sure if that is what you are looking for)
  • sandaili
    sandaili Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm a veno? A fox....

I have issues when I turn the camera angle, doesn't matter where I am, this happens. I'm mostly bald if I want to look around at all.

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 281
    idHairTex = 311

I don't want to post a screenie - we've seen all the bald heads before. It kind of sucks - I hope I gets fixed soon! I have an Nvidia card, 8800GT. And the girl printed on it has hair ;)

Anyway - the game looks good so far. I wonder, should I change my character to something else, before the 2 days are up, or will it be fixed in the near future?b:victoryb
  • Lilith - Lost City
    Lilith - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Character name: Lilith
    Class: Cleric

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 545
    idHairTex = 313

I've used makeover scroll over 1 month ago, I can't rememver the exact date.

normal.jpg

bald.jpg

Graphic card: GeForce 8600m GT
    Driver version: 8.15.11.8603

I know it's not hair glitch, but this just happened to me too:
    normal-1.jpgglitch.jpg
  • nini09
    nini09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the quick fix is to turn your water reflection on.
  • relinquishable
    relinquishable Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PrintScreen of the lack-of-hair
    Race: Winged Elf

I'm not sure on the other details, and I'm not completely sure how I'd go about figuring those out, either. Sorry...
  • Antalia - Dreamweaver
    Antalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hope its usefull to u when i lowered the water detile to low the hair glitch dissaperad and even at login screen my hero is with hair try it.. maybe its going to fix it :)
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This happens to me as well, it seems to only do it to my female characters, any hairstyle.

I would get screenies but Server is down for the moment.

I have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530

It's a fairly new laptop, works fine except for this odd lil glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    Lietae - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This has really been bothering me. I'll try the water refraction thing. Last time I played with water graphics, it made my hair vanish on land instead of only in the water... but we'll see.

~EDIT~

Nope. Water refraction makes no difference whatsoever for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Well now... I found this odd. I tried the makeover scroll and the water refraction and the increased graphics... and those were all no go. Just kinda randomly, I dove into water with my Cossier coat on... and well... it fixed my bald problem... just kinds... gave me a new one...

Before:
    2009-11-0114-56-19.jpg

After:
    2009-11-0114-54-42.jpg

2009-11-0114-54-47.jpg

2009-11-0114-54-52.jpg

At least I'll be popular with the boys at the beach?
    Somewhere in here i've already posted my graphics card and all that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taijiya
    taijiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I tried lowering the water graphics and it worked just fine. Then, I went back and changed a few facial features and colors on my female winged elf and once I returned to the game, I was back to the same problem. I can't turn the water settings down any more and the other graphics are down as low as they can go, too.
  • Lady_Tahlia - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Tahlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm having issues with all of the female characters, regardless of class or race, being bald. The ONLY exception to this is the female venomancer. I cannot preview any of the hairstyles on any of the others, as they do not appear.

My Charr is a Female cleric.
    And she has hair about 70% of the time somtimes less.
    graphics card ATI mobile radeon HD3470

and the drivers are up to date.

I have been on since the start of PW and never had this prob before and im using the same computer...

Come on programers get it sorted make a lot of people happy b:pleasedb:pleased
  • AngryMom - Dreamweaver
    AngryMom - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I fixed the probelm by switching the water refraction to open :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(stares at the screen for a few seconds and starts banging his head on the desk)

This must be the will of the Mods!

"I am a Blademaster
    I fight For the squad, though I am not needed in the squad
    I die for the squad, so no one else does
    I defend myself, while others are occupied
    I am the heart of combat
    I live to die so you dont have to

Please Dont thank me, I do not need it" BIaze_
  • KiYui - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I am not only hairless I am also topless when I stand in the waterfall just inside the bh gate where you kill Qianji... I am wearing the Corsair top.

Can I post of PIC of it? - being topless and all.
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm having issues with all of the female characters, regardless of class or race, being bald. The ONLY exception to this is the female venomancer. I cannot preview any of the hairstyles on any of the others, as they do not appear.

My Charr is a Female cleric.
    And she has hair about 70% of the time somtimes less.
    graphics card ATI mobile radeon HD3470

and the drivers are up to date.

I have been on since the start of PW and never had this prob before and im using the same computer...

Come on programers get it sorted make a lot of people happy b:pleasedb:pleased

Your case is basically the exact same as mine. Same Graphics card and all. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    I am not only hairless I am also topless when I stand in the waterfall just inside the bh gate where you kill Qianji... I am wearing the Corsair top.

Can I post of PIC of it? - being topless and all.

See p. 13 of this thread, I had the same problem, and they didn't remove mine yet... though the white fur of the top still appears and is conveniently covering the umm... important areas.

~EDIT~

P.S.

I was able to fix both the coat and hair thing, at least on my lappy. I maxed water, turned on refraction, and did the whole makeover scroll thing (just used the one you get for kun kun). Non of those worked separately, but with all of them functioning together, it seems to work. Previously, all they did was make me go bald on land, rather than under water, but now they seem to work. I'll post again if i go bald again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phasesh1ft
    phasesh1ft Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    Umm I'm new to this game but when i try to create a character... All female characters have the bald hair bug except for the venomancer. But when I go in game with the venomancer there are times when she will go bald.

When ingame my bald experience usually occurs when scrolling...

I have a Nvidia 7950 GT with up to date drivers.

Using Windows 7 with direct X 11 don't know if that changes anything....
  • KiYui - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    See p. 13 of this thread, I had the same problem, and they didn't remove mine yet... though the white fur of the top still appears and is conveniently covering the umm... important areas.

As you can see from my pic - no fur remains..... nude from waist up.
    ---> No Hair No Top <---

2009-11-0201-46-29.jpg
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The waterfall glitch has always been there, the first Tideborn preload made it randomly affect people under water and in the air too.

FYI: New beta drivers from Nvidia and I'm not experiencing the "stopped responding" problem the last few nvidia drivers had which is why I had to use an older version. Also windowed mode AA is enabled again, and... I haven't seen the hair bug yet. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyurei - Sanctuary
    Kyurei - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I have the same issue. D:
    My female veno sometimes goes bald in game, depending on if I zoom in/out or not.

And when I try to make a female human or elf, their hair doesn't show up at all.
    But when I go to modify the female human's face, the hair comes back, but this doesn't work for the elf. :c

I have a Nvidia graphcis card, have no idea what model it is though. |:
    I used to play PWI on this laptop before anyway (around 5 or 6 months ago), and this never happened.
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    In response to my own previous statements, the glitch is only fixed on my compy when I turn up water graphics to max, turn refraction to open, AND am wearing the Cosiair (sp?) coat. Without the coat, I still go bald. All my other female chars are bald as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lilini - Lost City
    Lilini - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My ign is Lilini.
    I'm a female winged elf, cleric.
    I couldn't tell which character file was for my character because for some reason I have like 10 different character files despite only having one character, but I have a picture of the hairstyle here if that helps:
    2009-11-1212-04-18-1.jpg
    I'm not sure what the video chipset or the driver version number is. Sry.

My character isn't bald all the time, but the hair just disappears at some angles, especially from behind while flying as I have here:
    2009-11-1212-19-20.jpg

Sry for not being able to provide enough information...
  • KiYui - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Now this is as bald as a woman can get...... no hair no clothes (Eeeek)
    at least they left my panties on - lol

2009-11-1301-25-00.jpg
  • KiYui - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Side Shot

2009-11-1115-21-54.jpg
  • lilvixen
    lilvixen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My F Veno is fine, but when I went to create a new character the hair wouldnt show up *sigh* Are they trying to figure this thing out? Id like to play PWI without this terribad glitch b:sad
  • typhim
    typhim Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why u wasting money on it since its just graphical issue?only U see ur character bald,rest of people see it normal.
    try mess with ur in game settings u could fix it like i did with mine.
    enable this,maybe helps b:victory
    38604619.jpg

I had problems with all of my female characters - Venomancer, Winged Elf, and Human. (NONE of my male characters went bald, btw.) It didn't matter what the hairstyle was - all of my female characters periodically went bald. I changed all of my graphics settings to low, and it fixed the issue. But I hated playing like that, so I popped onto the forum to see if there was something else I could do to fix it.

The quote above from Mala_Curica solved my problems. Thank you, thank you, thank you. b:thanks

My graphics card: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 8400M GS
  • WillowGrace - Sanctuary
    WillowGrace - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:angryThis is truly getting annoying, Not only is it bad in game, but one can not even make a female character because they don't know what the hair is going to look like on their characters, or even what color the hair is on the character. Suppose they are looking for a specific color. They can't even find the color because they can't see the hair when they are trying to create a character. If you are trying to use a make over scroll you can't see the hair on your character, no matter how you rotate her. So now we have waisted a make over scroll because you can't go back in and make the changes after this is fixed until you get another make over scroll. And if you are like me, and you go in and make a new char and save the presets so that you can do a make over you can't even do that because we can't see the hair on the new char that we am making. When are we going to get this fixed or are we going to even get it fixed? You keep telling us to send in pictures, yet we have done as you asked and its still not fixed, we have given you several descriptions as to when its happening and still its not fixed. I see it getting worse not better. Before I used to be able to at least make a char and then save the look and do a make over but now I can't even do that. Please can we get this fixed? b:angry
  • sc3nix
    sc3nix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hi,

I experience the bald hair glitch each time i i force my loggin after i get disconected from the server!!!b:angry
  • blkjay
    blkjay Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have the same problem as all of you, except mine seems to be permanent.

Last night I logged off underwater, which is where this bald/hair glitch happens usually on my computer. This morning I logged on, and my character's actual hair disappeared, and she's now completely bald.

Other character's even see my character as bald...

And I can't modify it because it's been way passed the 2-3 day mark.

If anyone has any information or solutions to this problem, please tell me!

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.