Bald/hair glitch - Report here please!

Options

Comments

• AnamTrial - Sanctuary
    AnamTrial - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All toon info is kept on the server, so there is now way to loose it unless the server dies. Reinstalling the client will be useless though, or we would have done it by now.

The interesting thing is that Elda, my desktop, is working right, but Sumomo my laptop, is not.

Edited:
    I was just thinking about it and came up with a weird idea, tho only thing differnt about the two systems is that Elda had a problem with the game running really slow, so I dropped the graphics to the lowest settings and then quit the game. This made it the default settings for when I started it again. Well this is alos the time that it started working right, so then after i changed the settings back it worked right. Try this on other systems, I wonder if it will work, bout be one thing that just needs a swift kick in the butt to get working right. I'm going to try it on Sumomo, but not till the morning.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arohanui - Sanctuary
    Arohanui - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My female cleric has been balding since yesterday! b:chuckle Couldn't find the specific info, as i seem to have a heap of characters listed >.<

anyhoo... as she is:
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_niaJCYeno-o/SriSNYJXgFI/AAAAAAAABfA/POTdg8Enkeo/s800/2009-09-22%2009-57-08.bmp.jpg

and how she should be:
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_niaJCYeno-o/SriTqFrQwqI/AAAAAAAABfI/oomrCf6YcLE/s288/2009-09-22%2010-05-07.bmp.jpg

Running a GeForce8200 driver version 7.15.11.8250

Goodluck fixing the problem! Regaine for all!
  • zantisse
    zantisse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I made a female Winged elf cleric, she seems to go bald when i turn the settings up for the water reflections. I currently have them turned all the way down, (and i messed with all the other settings with no apparent effect) so she isn't currently bald, but i think it's related to the water effects. also the hair flashes in game sometimes, so despite her bieng bald in the loading screen, she seems to have hair for about 90% of the time in the game... wierd.
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Same as some others. All the female characters (except venos) seem to have lost their hair when you go to make a new one. Also, if they have hair accesories those show up but the actual hair doesn't o.O
    So one hair has the band hovering over nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • Zyikno - Harshlands
    Zyikno - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How do i look at my graphics card again XD?

No screenie
    Blademaster
    Female

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 300
    idHairTex = 311

I seriously hope this is the right one XD

Btw this seems to only happen to me when i swim in the water

EDIT:
    Thank you Poison

Since i cant see the graphics ill put the driver
    Main Driver: igdumd32.dll
    Version:7.14.0010.1437(English)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @1.83GHz(2CPUs), ~1.8GHz
    Memory: 3062MB RAM

x__x
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How do i look at my graphics card again XD?

Start, run (or type in the search bar for vista/7), dxdiag, graphics tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you want to see your hair, I fixed mine by turning my "water quality" slider to "low" (all the way on the left hand side).

I do not know if this will work for everyone (or if the same setting is the setting everyone needs), but ... maybe this will help someone?
  • Zyikno - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you want to see your hair, I fixed mine by turning my "water quality" slider to "low" (all the way on the left hand side).

I do not know if this will work for everyone (or if the same setting is the setting everyone needs), but ... maybe this will help someone?

Mine is on the low quality, still doesn't work x__x
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options

Mine was the other way around. It was for some reason on low when my hair diappeared, I moved it to medium and high and both had no issues any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since i cant see the graphics ill put the driver
    Main Driver: igdumd32.dll
    Version:7.14.0010.1437(English)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @1.83GHz(2CPUs), ~1.8GHz
    Memory: 3062MB RAM

x__x

My bad, it's not "Graphics" it's "Display" tab has the name/manufacturer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zyikno - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lol ah okies
    Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Intel Corporation
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is ONLY for the players who have gotten the glitch to go away by changing their water settings...

Please send them as a ticket to Tech Support here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Include with your ticket email as attachments:

1) Your screenshots of changing the effect on and off (proving that changing the setting works).

2) Your dxdiag txt. file.

3) Put "Darthpanda16 - hair glitch research" in the subject line of your email, and put it as a "Miscellaneous" issue.

We are compiling this information and researching this with QA so that the devs have more info to work with for finding out how to fix the glitches.

With our powers combined... b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • AnamTrial - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I fixed both of my systems by changeing the system settings, in the launcher, to minimum then loading the game. Like so:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anamtrial/3945021301/in/set-72157622309748249/

After loading the game I changed my settings back to to where I wanted them to be. Like so:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anamtrial/3945021633/in/set-72157622309748249/

And poof no more problems. Like so:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anamtrial/3945022203/in/set-72157622309748249/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/anamtrial/3945022741/in/set-72157622309748249/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/anamtrial/3945806792/in/set-72157622309748249/

I'm not saying this will work for 100% of all players, but it worked on the two systems that I have the game installed on.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valla62
    valla62 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have this glitch to in my character selection page my cleric appears bald and during game also has flashes of baldness there doesn't seem to be any particular place or action where this occurs just random and in all action stages.
    I have 2 other characters i play, a veno and an Archer both these char have the same random baldnes but not in the character selection menu just in game and in all actions and all places on the map all chatacters have different hairstyles so I dont think this is a factor, this has only happened since the aniversary patch.
    I dont like being bald b:cry
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    Lietae - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If I turn my water graphics all the way up like i said, then my baldness is cured. However, if I max terrain as well as water, then the baldness returns... so... does this count as me fixing the issue by upping the water graphics... or no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fayri - Dreamweaver
    Fayri - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Type: Venomancer
    Sex: Female
    http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo284/Amriean/ghh.jpg
    Third Hair Style
    Orange Red
    I havent had any other problems with other chars, i might just remake my character to see what happens. Hope this info helps a little and the problem is fixed :/
  • AnamTrial - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Interesting, could it be some sort of graphics processing glitch. My terrain is at low. I wonder if that could be where min is working as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is ONLY for the players who have gotten the glitch to go away by changing their water settings...

So... I dove into the water in the center of Arch for you... Turns out turning the water settings all the way up makes it infrequent, but of course as soon as I was about to take a screenshot showing no glitch... away went the hair again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clubtastic
    clubtastic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey for me it doesnt matter what hair style or class it is, i had many characters on one of my accounts and anyone i logged on to all had the glitch occasionally. Happened with long hair, short hair, pic-tails or w/e and with my Veno, cleric, blade master all of them had the same problem. I dont think its the hair that does it, i think its graphics settings, cuz sometimes my hair flashes on and off bald 1 second and hair the next sometimes depending on camera angle
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Please do not comment about the issue unless you have already posted the information requested in the first post (screenshots, your video chip info, etc) from your computer, showing us an example of your particular avatar and hair style so we can have more solid info for this issue.

Thanks! b:victory

The devs are aware of this thread.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have been able to reproduce the issue underwater on an nVidia GeForce 8600GT with 1268MB of RAM with the water effect on minimum.

We haven't been able to reproduce it on the ATI HD2400 Pro by changing the water or any of the video settings.

Suggestions: try updating your video drivers, or adjust your in-game settings until you can get the glitch to stop.

If you have a GeForce 2 or GeForce 4, please get a newer video chipset. Please note that the GeForce 3 handles the game better then a Geforce 4 (which is really a 2 on features).
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Please tell me this doesn't mean that something that this last patch changed is not going to be fixed at all, cause I really like this game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This glitch occurs with a small number of people. We are trying to track down the exact issue so the devs can figure out what to do.

Many people are fixing the issue by changing their water settings or updating their drivers.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Many people are fixing the issue by changing their water settings or updating their drivers.

I've done both, was even the first one to mention it "went away" by changing the water settings. I thought it was fixed, but it turned out not to be and came back infrequently, others will probably find out the same thing the more time they spend underwater, which will be even more so when the expansion is finished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • windamhooji
    windamhooji Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hello people,
    hello darthpanda16,

So, i'll try to describe exactly what is my situation, and list all required info:

I'm running Perfect World (downloaded by Torrent, veryfied, checked, manually patched ecc ecc ecc) on a Windows 7 Enterprise Final Release and, indeed Genuine (MSDN user =P), i'm serius;

My graphic card is a Gainward NVidia GForce 8800GT 1024MB, whit official NVidia driver:
    • Version: 190.62 WHQL
    • Release Date: 2009.08.21
    • Operative System: Windows Vista, Windows 7
    • Lingua: Italian
    • Download Size: 121 MB

My DirectX is re-downloaded/updated yesterday whit official Microsoft Direct XSetup Web Redistributable, version: 9.27.1734.0

The game detail/uality in configuration is the Hightest for all setting.
    I use Windowed mode.

Well, so, after few test, my issue in detail:
    Whit Human Female:
    i lack hair mesh ONLY when i create new character (or in character selection) whit Zoom Out; i mean when i select hair and the client zoom on the mesh show normally.
    Ingame all show normally.

Whit Winged Elf Female:
    i lack hair mesh, always, in any zoom or customizzation tab, when i create new character (or in character selection); Ingame all show normally.

Ok, lets you see some screen :rolf:
    20090924010349.th.jpg

20090924010640.th.jpg

I hop that may help.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Now that I've had a chance to calm down a bit, I feel I need to address some things that will help PWE's Public Relations in the future.
    This glitch occurs with a small number of people.

I do realize your primary job is to keep PWE looking good and not admitting fault, much like Microsoft and the 360 failure rate. The vast majority of PWE's player base doesn't care about the forums, and out of those that do far fewer care about helping PWE fix the problems they caused. Do you know how many people either in guild chat, normal chat, or whispers mentioned the "Lobster on a stick" glitch? Tons, and I asked every single one of them to come here and post in the thread that was started about it. Do you know how many people did? Absolutely none. "Occurs with a small number of people" is not necessarily true. "Reported by only a small number of people" is accurate.
    I have been able to reproduce the issue underwater on an nVidia GeForce 8600GT with 1268MB of RAM with the water effect on minimum.

We've done what you've asked, now that you are able to reproduce the issue, why don't you, once you have spare time, roll one of the test servers back to pre-188 and check with those settings, you'll see the glitch did not exist at that time.

The wording of your post that upset me makes it seem that PWE feels we are to blame and they haven't made a mistake. Some of us have spent thousands of dollars on our equipment and know how it all works and know that pre-188 there was no problem, but with the 188 patch the problem showed up, therefore, the problem is PWI's 188 patch, and it is not our fault it is occurring.

I'm doing all I can to help PWE find this problem so they can fix it, and am willing to do anything they want me to do to help them narrow things down. Since I went to school for programming but decided it was to boring for me, I know it's not easy to sort through all those lines of code and figure out what is causing the issue, but I do not appreciate being told "Well other people have fixed it so you must be doing something wrong".

Also, do note that while mine can, not everyone can turn their water settings to mid or high and still have a playable game. The message to them then is "buy new hardware"?

Thank you for your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xalana - Lost City
    Xalana - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lost city - Xalana

WF.... only 1 gender

chipset : nvidia GeForce 9400
    driver version : 6.14.0010.6936

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 0
    idHairTex = 0

this is the issue... i hit done, it still showed with hair on my screen the way i wanted but everyone said i was bald so i logged out and back in again to find i was AGAIN bald, that is 3 make over scrolls that not only did not work but still left me bald. here is what i saw on my screen..

after i hit "done" ( which shows the hair i tried to get )
    http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/Jodie_Xalana/2009-09-2316-19-12.jpg

when i relogged after people told me i was bald i see that i really was.
    http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/Jodie_Xalana/2009-09-2316-23-28.jpg
    .... Oh hai Xtacy! b:chuckle oh yeah.. Shut up.. i forgot b:surrender
  • AnamTrial - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    windamhooji, just FYI because I made the same mistake when Vista was first released, your not running DX9 on your system. Windows Vista runs DX10 and 7 runs DX11, they have to run those because they are built in to the OS and would destroy it if removed. 9.27.1734.0 is the version of the files you are running. So basically it's DX10-DX11 running in DX9 mode.

Poison, I can see where you are coming from, and if any one has ever read any posts from other forums they know I hate stupid tech support. darthpanda16 is at least doing something to help and not telling us to uninstall our AntiVirus or firewall. I cannot voulge for his actions off of the forum or what he is doing to help away from what we see him doing. But the thought that he has tried to make the glitch happen, puts forth he can now look for himself about what is causeing the problem. I don't want you to think that I am attacking you or trying to call you out in any way. I applaud you for taking the time to cool off and not going all postal on the board. That shows great restraint, better than I have from time to time.

Now knowing that there are test servers I would like to get hold of one and set up my own testing and troubleshooting area. I like helping and would love to get a job working with PWE, and I am rambaling, I will now shut up.

b:shutup b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't want you to think that I am attacking you or trying to call you out in any way. I applaud you for taking the time to cool off and not going all postal on the board. That shows great restraint, better than I have from time to time.

Oh, I don't. I was very careful to not point the blame or flame him either, the intent was to give constructive feedback on how to have better PR with the player base in the future. I know he's trying to help as much as we are, I just don't like feeling the blame being put on me.
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We passed it to QA, and the developers have the glitch in their DB with the link to this thread. Thank you all for posting and helping! b:victory
This discussion has been closed.