Bald/hair glitch - Report here please!

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We passed it to QA, and the developers have the glitch in their DB with the link to this thread. Thank you all for posting and helping! b:victory

Does this mean it's no longer necessary to post info?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you already have, then no. If you have the issue and haven;t shown us yet, then yes, please post with the info requested in the first post.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Alright.

Not sure if this is the right char or not, but it was the first one on the list, so I'm assuming it is:

idHairModel = 545
    idHairTex = 313

If you need a pic, here's that as well:

20090924201149.png

Hope this helps. Also, I'm not sure if this matters or not, but it only happens in the water for me, and it kinda blinks on and off if I rotate the camera.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • CowTipping - Sanctuary
    CowTipping - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hello PWI players.

To help us narrow down which races and hair styles this is affecting, we would like you help from those of you experiencing the issue so that we can pass it along to the developers ASAP.

Please post a screenshot of your issue.

Let us know what race & gender you are.

Let us know what hairstyle you have if you know. (You can check your .ini file for the info.)

Tell us what video chipset your PC has and the driver version number.

\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character then find the one for your character.

Open the ini file in Notepad, scroll down to

[Hair]
    idHairModel = ???
    idHairTex = ???

Copy that info into your post so we have the numbers of the hairstyles and textures.

Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated.

====

Updated Sept 22, 2009 11:13am:

This is ONLY for the players who have gotten the glitch to go away by changing their water settings...

Please send them as a ticket to Tech Support here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Include with your ticket email as attachments:

1) Your screenshots of changing the effect on and off (proving that changing the setting works).

2) Your dxdiag txt. file.

3) Put "Darthpanda16 - hair glitch research" in the subject line of your email, and put it as a "Miscellaneous" issue.

We are compiling this information and researching this with QA so that the devs have more info to work with for finding out how to fix the glitches.

With our powers combined... b:pleased

I have NO idea how to post a pic b:pleased
  • laethaka
    laethaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Race: Venomancer

hahahahaha
  • PhoenixDance - Dreamweaver
    PhoenixDance - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I reported this problem 2 weeks ago and an email was sent saying they knew about it and it was being fixed. Never was...
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    @PhoenixDance

We replied to you 3 days ago and told you it was a known issue and that we hoped to have it fixed. b:pleased

We don't actually code the game the developers do, all we can do is tell you what we know. b:surrender

We immensely appreciate everyone's info being posted on the issue!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • r3dlite
    r3dlite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Had that glitch with Nvdia 8800 GTS in Vista 32bit Home Premium. Set REFRACTION to "OPEN" (checkmark) and it resolved the issue.
  • xfelicara
    xfelicara Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I too have this problem, even though it all worked fine yesterday b:sad
    I tried to make a cleric, it's bald, I can't even see the hair styles in the character creation screen. I have the same problem with every other FEMALE class. Only the humans have hair when I zoom in on the character creation screen.
    I don't have any problem ingame, except for some weird.. blackish... glitch.

Nvidia GeForce 9500M, 512 MB

I don't have a screenshot because I don't know how to add them to a post... Yeah I'm stupid.

Hope this'll get fixed soon.

EDIT:

I changed all my graphics to the lowest possible and guess what... it worked O_o I can see the hair now... I don't know if it will work for others, but you can always try right? Just make the graphics as low as possible, make a character, and then when ingame, turn them normal again XD
  • noxonfire
    noxonfire Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I haven't even made my character yet and I'm having issues with all of the female characters, regardless of class or race, being bald. The ONLY exception to this is the female venomancer. I cannot preview any of the hairstyles on any of the others, as they do not appear.
    Therefore, I'm not sure how helpful my post will be, except that I may attach screenshots of myself attempting to make any of the female races/classes.
    I can also include my video card information.

Screenshots:
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/febpic/2009-09-2614-56-01.jpg
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/febpic/2009-09-2615-02-33.jpg
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/febpic/2009-09-2615-02-43.jpg
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/febpic/2009-09-2615-02-51.jpg
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/febpic/2009-09-2615-03-12.jpg

This last one is the female venomancer, upon which all of the hairstyles appear:
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/febpic/2009-09-2615-03-34.jpg

Video card info:
    NVIDIA GEForce 9800m GTS
    I have also just checked for driver updates and it is up-to-date.
  • Sinfie - Lost City
    Sinfie - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I seem to see that all the female blademasters in the charecter generation section have no hair, but in the game they do. Every now and then in the game, the hair goes bald but then comes right back. It really varies on when and where it happens, kinda like random spots. Sometimes my char is bald for longer time end sometimes it's just a flash.

Screenshots of my 3 female blademasters:
    http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy92/norppis/2009-10-0112-25-45.jpg?t=1254390162
    http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy92/norppis/2009-10-0112-28-21.jpg?t=1254390253
    http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy92/norppis/2009-10-0112-28-25.jpg?t=1254390298

Video card info:
    ATI Radeon HD 3450
    (Driver is up-to-date)

Here's updated info i found but i still can't tell the characters hairstyles 'cos theres like nine chars info and i only have 4. They must be chars i have deleted before...
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    FemSage - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You'd need a videoclip to show the hair going on and off. I know what you mean though. The girls may be losing their hair, but I've seen the guys clothes appearing and disappearing. It's very funny cuz they don't know it. Battling mobs in their gitch. b:laugh
  • maxvonp
    maxvonp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I seem to have the exact problem too. I'm having the updater verifying all the game files...
    If this doesn't work, I guess we just have to reinstall.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have experienced the same issue.

Underwater while doing a quest, everytime my character's arms would get above her head, the hair would go away, however, the hairband would still be displayed (the hairstyle with a cream hairband).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have noticed that I sometimes become bald underwater regardless of my water quality settings. (When I am out of water, I only become bald when I have set my water quality to medium or high.)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Hey Guys and Girls,

Please don't post just to post about the issue in conversation form. Please stick to the format as outlined in the first post so we can try to find a pattern.

Thanks! b:pleased
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    FemSage - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Okie Dokie! Here you go:

Please post a screenshot of your issue.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/FemSage/PWIFemSageAvie.jpg

Let us know what race & gender you are.

Elf Cleric - female

Let us know what hairstyle you have if you know. (You can check your .ini file for the info.)

...unsure (see below).

Tell us what video chipset your PC has and the driver version number.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/FemSage/dxdiag0112-Sep1136.jpg

\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character then find the one for your character.

Open the ini file in Notepad, scroll down to

[Hair]
    idHairModel = ???
    idHairTex = ???

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 663
    idHairTex = 423

Copy that info into your post so we have the numbers of the hairstyles and textures.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Added an update to the first post, please check it out.

Thanks! b:pleased
  • thorslove
    thorslove Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have the ''hair'' problem too, but i don't have all the info right here. so i can't post it.

but I do have another hair glitch;

when I tried to make a new cleric, ALL the clerics (gender; female) had no hair! I could not even choose between the sorts, cause all the different colours and forms of hair were simply not displayed! but the decorations do show up...
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Was bad before, its worse now with the new update...

Edit: Switched my refraction from off to open, seems to be a bit better. Hair still disappears beneath water however.
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is far too complicated. PWI made the error let PWI find their error.

I'm not getting paid a salary to be a data entry clerk or any other such other service/labor on my own time.

PWI changed the parameters/code/settings that resulted in this.
    PWI can seek out their own ERROR and correct it with their own EMPLOYEES PAID to do so.

I pay enough hard earned money playing PWI to be performing tasks for them.
  • JoslynJinx - Sanctuary
    JoslynJinx - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bald Pic: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv339/johnnyjinx1/Screenshot-10_3_20092_44_57AM.jpg

Female
    Blademaster

Hair: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv339/johnnyjinx1/2009-10-0302-50-42.jpg

idHairModel = 283
    idHairTex = 312

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce Go 7900 GTX
    Driver: 7.15.11.7678
  • Sumide - Heavens Tear
    Sumide - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    All of my characters hair disappears, and if I try to make a new one none of the hairstyles are showing...
  • calypzone
    calypzone Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So, I'm trying to create a cleric, but when I do, there's no way to use any hair! I tried on the venomancer, and everything was fine on it ..

but with the females (winged elves, clerics, and wizards), There's no hair! and no way on getting it. It's as if the hair is inactive ... what's going on?
  • badsamantha
    badsamantha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    calypzone wrote: »
    So, I'm trying to create a cleric, but when I do, there's no way to use any hair! I tried on the venomancer, and everything was fine on it ..

but with the females (winged elves, clerics, and wizards), There's no hair! and no way on getting it. It's as if the hair is inactive ... what's going on?

I am having the same problem.

EDIT: Go to settings and lower the water detail to low. I had mine on mid and i was having the same problem as you. After i lowered it everything is working great
  • LadyMunckin - Heavens Tear
    LadyMunckin - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My problem is exactly the same as the one mentioned in 2nd post
    with hair + with nix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytpEZsylfY
    Also in water the blad glich occur even more
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family(128MB)

i couldnt find the rest of info there is 20 ini file idk which one's my character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LucyFelwyr - Sanctuary
    LucyFelwyr - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the hair glitch happens with any female character
    seems to happen completely random
    i see it also on other players female character

here my informations

cleric, female
    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8269/hairx.jpg

Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT

haircut 18
    texture 01
  • ladylizard
    ladylizard Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am having the same bald problem, but I am unable to post a screen shot. I will post the rest of the information though!

Character Name: SmileBebe

Server: Sanctuary

1. Screenshot (n/a)

2. Female, Human, Blademaster

3.Hairstyle: Haircut 10
    Texture: Texture 03

4. Just made the character yesterday, and whenever I try to modify her face at all it resets her hair to bald! Also goes bald whenever I fight mobs or swim.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    The reason we ask you all for the information in the first post is so that we can maybe find a pattern among your machines, settings, or hair choices.

We do not have thousands of PC configurations with which to test out what causes it. We have only been able to reproduce it here at PWE on my personal workstation, which has a nVidia GeForce 8600 GT with 1.2GB of RAM. When I change the water settings, the glitch stops.

However, this is not always helpful for our players having this issue, so that is why I have set this thread up for the developers to see examples, besides what is in the QA DB.

Thousands of you all, tens of us b:pleased
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The reason we ask you all for the information in the first post is so that we can maybe find a pattern among your machines, settings, or hair choices.

We do not have thousands of PC configurations with which to test out what causes it. We have only been able to reproduce it here at PWE on my personal workstation, which has a nVidia GeForce 8600 GT with 1.2GB of RAM. When I change the water settings, the glitch stops.

However, this is not always helpful for our players having this issue, so that is why I have set this thread up for the developers to see examples, besides what is in the QA DB.

Thousands of you all, tens of us b:pleased

I've been meaning to submit some stuff from my laptop on the char creation/selection screen, these aren't underwater though so water settings shouldn't have anything to do with people having issue in the char creation/selection screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.