Orb Sale: Really?

Options

Comments

• Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This whole inflation situation was easy to spot coming months ago,and if all the so called useless QQ posts(that people also in this thread who are now doing the same thing! then made fun of/called trolls yada yada yada)had of been heeded this wouldn't have come about.

Never said myself nor others did not see this coming. In fact, I was just about 100% positive that the Anniversary packs would be coming out and that the "economy" would go the heck.

And your last statement --> All of this would have still come about. There is a much larger portion of players that never visit the forums (unfortunate really).

Actually i should have worded it better,i should have said if the gm's/representatives or the little green men from mars had of taken notice of,listened to and pushed hard for preventitive measures against the hyper inflation that people said was coming this could have been prevented...(ok maybe not prevented but softened the blow somewhat)

EDIT Though to give him his dues,spoons at least seems like he had tried to do some of that...
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, its still player greed. Players are so greedy they want everything at once so they buy everything at once. You don't HAVE to buy things when they are on sale. You don't HAVE to have that new mount/fashion/aerogear when it comes out. The people selling the gold don't HAVE to start charging tons more for it.

Nothing to do with sales, only player greed.

I don't know if any replies were made to this but I just got to this reading the thread from page 1. It's not debateable as miss tika said. If you say players don't have to, then you might as well say player's don't HAVE to do anything. The reason why people take advantage of sales is not because of greed but to play smart and not regret later for missing out on it. So when people go rush to buy items on sale in real life, they're greedy? And when sellers raise the price, they're greedy? It's supply and demand in an economy. Nothing to do with greed. The only items that really don't need to be bought immediately are the luxuries.
  • MaiaElais - Lost City
    MaiaElais - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got home from work and was about to log on and then I saw this thread now I'm not even going to bother.

I was naive to think the people running this game cared about their userbase and community even a tiny bit.

b:scorn
    ~Carpe Diem~
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Could the fee to sell gold not be fluctuated with the raising of gold prices? More silver cost to sell gold at a ridiculously high rate, just a suggestion, but I don't think those matter too much.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Actually i should have worded it better,i should have said if the gm's/representatives or the little green men from mars had of taken notice of,listened to and pushed hard for preventitive measures against the hyper inflation that people said was coming this could have been prevented...(ok maybe not prevented but softened the blow somewhat)

EDIT Though to give him his dues,spoons at least seems like he had tried to do some of that...

To play Devils Advocate ---> How do you know they did not advocate or push for different things?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To play Devils Advocate ---> How do you know they did not advocate or push for different things?

I don't know you are right,but i do believe personally they have more power than we're led to believe,and if they REALLY wanted a change on pricing it could be done within the day...ofcourse no one really knows because the GM's have never posted who weilds what authority (in regards to pwi/the devs on one side of the ocean and the guys running it here) and how much,its all player conjecture.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't know you are right,but i do believe personally they have more power than we're led to believe,and if they REALLY wanted a change on pricing it could be done within the day...ofcourse no one really knows because the GM's have never posted who weilds what authority (in regards to pwi/the devs on one side of the ocean and the guys running it here) and how much,its all player conjecture.

It is all conjecture too on what the GM's can and cannot do.

What I do know is that they work Customer Service and if you have ever worked in this job area, you will know that the representatives have some input, but at the same time have very little.

Here is a list of there job responsibilities and you decide if they can make the decisions on what sales and what glitches are fixed and what items are added into the game:

"Responsibilities & Job Duties:

* • Help the community by providing support both in and out of game.

* • Resolve tickets/emails in a timely manner with accurate resolutions.

* • Participate in phone/live chat conversations if and when necessary.

* • Build a sense of trust and security within the user base to help expand the community.

* • Research our library of game titles to better understand the possible plight of the user.

* • Collect, research, and investigate possible in-game problems, exploits, and bugs.

* • Provide reports to management addressing common customer concerns and current issues.

* • Provide suggestions based on trend analysis of common customer concerns and issues.

* • Investigate possible fraud-related payments.

* • Approve or reject payments made for virtual currency.

* • Investigate possible fraud-related registrants.

* • Perform policing duties as an in-game Game Master."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asgenar - Lost City
    Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fact: GMs do less than what you think they really do, same applies to effort.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

What I do know is that they work Customer Service and if you have ever worked in this job area, you will know that the representatives have some input, but at the same time have very little.

This is very true. For say spoons to voice his lone opinion or observation means little. For say every GM and Mod to state the same answer though it should have gotten notice and I think this has been sometime ongoing/predicted.

If thier voices aren't enough then does anyone know a better path to take to voice our complaints. Maybe we all need to use that function to alert the higherups/devs. Something tells me we can't just demand right now to speak with the GMs supervisor and go up the tree from there.

On an intersting note has anyone noticed that dispite the free zen (free offers and frost covered) that the price hasn't gone down either.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is very true. For say spoons to voice his lone opinion or observation means little. For say every GM and Mod to state the same answer though it should have gotten notice and I think this has been sometime ongoing/predicted.

If thier voices aren't enough then does anyone know a better path to take to voice our complaints. Maybe we all need to use that function to alert the higherups/devs. Something tells me we can't just demand right now to speak with the GMs supervisor and go up the tree from there.

On an intersting note has anyone noticed that dispite the free zen (free offers and frost covered) that the price hasn't gone down either.

The Free Zen offers can be somewhat a pain -.-. I have done a few and am still working with one to get the Zen promised upon completion. But I think that not enough people are doing them or doing them so sporadically that it really does not make a dent in the Gold coming in.

Also, the Frost event will not have any effect probably until next week. I did the "adventure" (b:surrender...pain in rear)....and according to the Announcement, the coupons and such will not be sent till next week some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I love how the frostcovered event only gives you zen if you purchase it.

So in order to really enjoy the event then you have to buy gold.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Here is a list of there job responsibilities and you decide if they can make the decisions on what sales and what glitches are fixed and what items are added into the game:

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    agamemnoch wrote: »

b:surrender I hate when it does this......Hope you can fix.
    I love how the frostcovered event only gives you zen if you purchase it.

So in order to really enjoy the event then you have to buy gold.

It is definitely an adventure that is for sure. And not a quick instance run.

Whether you buy Zen or not....if gives some good exp and the rewards are not bad. I got a Flawwless Amber Shard (which alrdy sold...I think I sold too cheap but oh well...lol), Perfect Stones and some not not so bad coins.

So not an entire loss, but definitely a challenge for your first run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    500k and the 3mill....kinda go about the same distance from now and from then. The MAIN difference. IF a new player (say in theory) does not charge or cs...they are going to have a VERY difficult time coming up with that much in coins -.-
    Yes and no. As a truly new player, I couldn't have done it when I first started because I just didn't know how.

However, when I started a new character on Lost City a little while ago I had 1 million by week 1 and 4 million in 3 weeks, playing only occasionally and only getting to lvl 17 so far, and without any outside help or cash shop spending. That money came from my knowledge of the DQ 21/31 markets, which haven't changed much despite what's going on in the rest of the economy.

So new players can still compete just fine assuming they come to the game with a willingness to learn. In fact, in that sense new players often have an advantage over veterans, because they don't have pre-conceived notions of how the economy "should" work, and what prices "should" be, are are more flexible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So new players can still compete just fine assuming they come to the game with a willingness to learn. In fact, in that sense new players often have an advantage over veterans, because they don't have pre-conceived notions of how the economy "should" work, and what prices "should" be, are are more flexible.

Key points ---> "willingness to learn" and "don't have pre-conceived notions"

I can see both of those points, but at the same time...I had a heck-of-a-time getting coins in the beginning. b:sad

But it is true, once someone learns the "ways" then it is not all that bad. People need to learn to save too. Especially in lower levels...skills need to be learned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd love to have a crazy coin sink event, but I haven't figured out anything that would be interesting enough to have much effect. If you have an idea (some people have already shared a few) please post in the suggestions section with "coin sink event" or something similar as the title. When I say event I don't mean server event because that's hard to implement quickly, I'm talking a GM run event that would be attractive enough to make people spend their coin.

Here is another idea: GM Auction for Coin Sink. Hope it helps.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thanks atone b:victory keep em coming in the suggestions section. This month is kinda packed for me with the video event and the picture hunt, but I'll look into getting an event in soon that can hopefully sink some coin from the server economies
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i like RedsRose's idea of a Jolly Jones style event without the dolls. purely using in game coin and nothing from the cash shop. that might be a great way to please everyone as much as possible. i am sure that some people will still find a way to complain. like a few did about the ann. mount. who in the heck complains about being given a free mount? geez!

i really like playing PWI but it is sort of depressing when everyone you know goes game sour and quits. i do realise that the game does require some players to cash shop or else none of us would be able to play. but i think a great move on the GM's (GM's=collective game administration) would be to appear less greedy? not saying you are, but that is how it comes off. don't get me wrong here. i am a girl. we LOVE! sales!! but space them out just a little? a shoe sale would be awesome though b:cute
    the good Starr
  • DW_Vane - Sanctuary
    DW_Vane - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The Ideal would be finding a happy medium, a way to make cash shop attractive to players , without causing them to disrupt so much the economy in game.. and that's the hard part.

Right now the economy is at a point of Inbalance i must admit, And it's a Mess Because: some items in game are still worth the same and people are buying and selling them for the same old price, while some items are now 5 times the price that they were originally, and some others are way less valuable than what they were originally and people are Buying/selling them for those prices. SO the comunity is now divided in 2, those that are selling DQ items with a goal of making 100k in some days, and those who are selling Frost/Lunar/ stuff with a goal of 20-50 millions in some minutes. So the Difference between player's ingame founds is Huge and this makes the game feel like 2 different Worlds.
    5 pet skill slots TVM :: venos will $hare more oFc ;)
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Now's when we could have used that Jolly Jones sale...

The coin option would be better than the gold.

As such it would in fact remove lots of coin from circulation.

For those of you who question this,

current gold: at least 380k
    best guadrian scroll (angle) buy option is 2.9 gold for 10,
    which reduces to 110200 coin for each.

Since the other option was 100k coin guess which one would be used.
  • ferrgamo
    ferrgamo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    FYI ---> It is the players (buyers and sellers) that are setting the Gold prices, has really nothing to do with the GM's or Dev's except in terms of sales/promotions/events and overall information.

What I meant is that the Gms/Devs should regulate the price at which gold could be sold/purchased through the auction house. While some gold is sold outside of the auction house, my understanding is that the majority of gold is sold within the auction house.
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok...I have been VERY nice and what I consider to be reasonable.

But honestly, I think now things have gotten out of control b:surrender

To have the Anniversary Packs and then the Charm packs and now the Dragon Orbs (1* and 8*) on sale.....

Even I, sad to say, an frustrated and baffled.

*sigh* I guess we will see, but to the community here...I am sorry b:sad

I gave many the benifit of the doubt, seen very close friends and numerous others quit, struggled to keep up and now well.....For all of this I am sorry. I did nothing but support the decisions made, but this sale should have been after event when things clamed down. Gold is now 500k. This is NOT what any of the servers needed....

I surrender...b:surrender I no longer know what to say.....

Never thought I would see you go against the game, but good to see it. Yes they have gone way overboard and especially taking out the 10 pack of 1star orbs, and now putting single 1star orbs on sale and 8star?? lmao... with charm packs and this month long re/tarded event... its just dumb.

Didnt read all posts, but glad to see something positive from rose lol
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ferrgamo wrote: »
    What I meant is that the Gms/Devs should regulate the price at which gold could be sold/purchased through the auction house.

There is a maximum price at which you can sell gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The Ideal would be finding a happy medium, a way to make cash shop attractive to players , without causing them to disrupt so much the economy in game.. and that's the hard part.

Right now the economy is at a point of Inbalance i must admit, And it's a Mess Because: some items in game are still worth the same and people are buying and selling them for the same old price, while some items are now 5 times the price that they were originally, and some others are way less valuable than what they were originally and people are Buying/selling them for those prices. SO the comunity is now divided in 2, those that are selling DQ items with a goal of making 100k in some days, and those who are selling Frost/Lunar/ stuff with a goal of 20-50 millions in some minutes. So the Difference between player's ingame founds is Huge and this makes the game feel like 2 different Worlds.

I agree with you 100% on all that you said. The community is divided and you are right, some items that were once the $$ makers are now not. And visa versa. For many, we have had to change the ways in which we make $$ in this game.
    exileddw wrote: »
    Never thought I would see you go against the game, but good to see it. Yes they have gone way overboard and especially taking out the 10 pack of 1star orbs, and now putting single 1star orbs on sale and 8star?? lmao... with charm packs and this month long re/tarded event... its just dumb.

Didnt read all posts, but glad to see something positive from rose lol

LOL....you know it is funny. I have had more and more people say this and it is rather surprising. Even in world chat when people found out I was online b:surrender

I think that many seem surprised that I have posted what may be deemed, "going along" with much of what many people feel, in terms of the company being greedy etc. This is not the case.

This post was more of a rant and just something to further bring to attention that there is only so much many can take. I have not been happy and maybe frustrated with some of the things that PWI has done in terms of sales and game-play, but this one has just (in my opinion) gone a little too far.

Now, having said that: gold prices have not seemed to go up too much further since the orb sale. But in all honesty I really think it is because those who were heavily cs'ing have been tapped because of the packs. That is one of the reason's that I think PWI may have gotten this one wrong. More people would want and the company would benifit more from an Orb sale that happens after the event and one in which would last an entire week versus a weekend. Also, people are still "in the hunt" for the rare gear (Lunar, Tombs, etc.). As such, some may not be willing to spend there rl $ or even there in-game coins on orbs when they are just not sure of the investment. (All speculation of course).

I can tell you though that Orb prices have not fallen because of the sale. People are still out there to make $$ and as such are selling the Orbs for 100k+....for a 1* Orb -.- BUT, this is once again all based on the current selling price of Gold. And GOOD LUCK finding any type of charm on LC. There are none and even if you World Chat it, they sell at stupid prices. And this is with the Charm Pakcs being in-game. This can only mean that those banking thte packs will raise the going price of charms to a permenant 600k+ (low balling it) per Gold Charm.

It is funny too, because now the price of items that can be made with tokens are in a tug-of-war in terms of pricing. Sell the item at the going rate of Gold or sell them based on the number of Tokens it takes to "make" the item. In this case, I think this is why we are seeing the exact thing that Blancheneige decribed above.

It is a true Catch 22. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

<Side Note: They do need to bring the 10pack 1* Orbs back>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I posted this in the coin-sink suggestion box, but I'll reiterate here. I figure we can expect a JJ event for a week or two in October, if not the entire month, with these in hand. PWI would have the perfect opportunity to make JJ coin-only for this run. With any luck, if we make ourselves heard early enough and loud enough we might actually get a coin-sink that WORKS.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I posted this in the coin-sink suggestion box, but I'll reiterate here. I figure we can expect a JJ event for a week or two in October, if not the entire month, with these in hand. PWI would have the perfect opportunity to make JJ coin-only for this run. With any luck, if we make ourselves heard early enough and loud enough we might actually get a coin-sink that WORKS.

I was not around, but I know they did a Halloween Event early on.

You never know, they could do this again...just make it with coin only b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That was the box from last year's first Jolly event I believe. Which was followed by people saying oh it's a scam (flying mounts were released soon after), the 100,000 coin and 10,000 coin scandal, Duke shouting messages (silenced eventually).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Are we gonna see 1* orb packs in cs in the near future?
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    GM knows very good what they doing. When gold was so cheap, they didn't earn lot of money, because you were grinding an hour and you could buy gold for cheap price. So GM decides make some inflation. Is good strategy for them, but bad for us. Now they earning lot of money and grinding becomes useless foe us.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That was the box from last year's first Jolly event I believe. Which was followed by people saying oh it's a scam (flying mounts were released soon after), the 100,000 coin and 10,000 coin scandal, Duke shouting messages (silenced eventually).

Lol....sounds kinda familiar.
    GM knows very good what they doing. When gold was so cheap, they didn't earn lot of money, because you were grinding an hour and you could buy gold for cheap price. So GM decides make some inflation. Is good strategy for them, but bad for us. Now they earning lot of money and grinding becomes useless foe us.b:angry

I will say it again....it is NOT the GM's. GM's make base pay for the work that they do on a day to day basis. They are just the visable ones and therefore people feel the need to blame them. However, it is the Dev's and the Comapny that make the descions on sales and new content added.

If people want to blame the GM's them fine, but you are blaming and being anger at the wrong people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]