Orb Sale: Really?

Options

Comments

• SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I hate the gold prices too QQ b:chuckle In anycase yeah of course they put charm packs back in after I bought a gold charm for a mil...but yeah, these sales are ridiculous, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: All mmos with cash shops will eventually destroy the game for free players, its just a matter of time. I honestly hoped it would take longer for PWI to follow suit, but meh.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol another QQ thread about sales and gold prices you guys are so funny since all u high lvl ppl think everything is supposed to be handed to u plus of all the trash u say about pwi and pwe the Gms and mods i dont blame them u guys are all cyber bullys so the best way to get rid of them is to take everything away from them like a person said from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942&page=48here u guys deserve everything u get ahahab:chuckle
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dane12 wrote: »
    lol another QQ thread about sales and gold prices you guys are so funny since all u high lvl ppl think everything is supposed to be handed to u plus of all the trash u say about pwi and pwe the Gms and mods i dont blame them u guys are all cyber bullys so the best way to get rid of them is to take everything away from them like a person said from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942&page=48here u guys deserve everything u get ahahab:chuckle

Lolwut?

I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't think these packs and constant sales have caused a problem... is simply delusional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lolwut?

I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't think these packs and constant sales have caused a problem... is simply delusional.

is that all u half to say b:chuckle
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pretty much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pretty much.
    u clearly don't get what im saying pwe has had it with all the ppl bitching when they dont get it there way to the point were there taking everything away and giving it to ppl who dont ***** about changes about gold prices about sales if u dont get what im saying now then whatever
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Gold Prices low = Players easily grind for items with ingame coin, or buy gold through Auction House = less RL money for PWI through Zen charging.

Not really.

Lower gold prices = more people can buy them in AH. Sellers need to sell more to make coins so they buy more gold to sell. More gold sell into AH, gold sellers need to buy more gold with RL cash.

Higher gold prices = less people can buy them in AH. Sellers need to sell less to make more coins, so they buy less gold to sell. Less gold sell into AH, gold sellers need to buy less gold with RL cash.

People who don't want/can't buy gold with RL cash will not buy it, no matter what. When the price of gold reach the point they feel it's not worth talking time to grind to get the coins to buy gold in AH, they simply stop playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    u clearly don't get what im saying pwe has had it with all the ppl bitching when they dont get it there way to the point were there taking everything away and giving it to ppl who dont ***** about changes about gold prices about sales if u dont get what im saying now then whatever

Of course you don't know that. PWI staff usually says "don't make baseless assumptions."

People btch because of how absurd it's getting more than how they don't get their way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Such the attitude.

Had you read my post in a calm manner, you would have seen that I was venting frustration not QQ'ing or /B word you choose to use.

The difference between this and some other threads? There is some actual conversation in this one. But is it people like you and a few early posters that feel the need to "change" the flow of the post and replies.

To the earlier posting, I never said I was gonna quit and IF this was a troll thread, it would have been written in a much, much harsher tone and most likely would have been closed in 2 seconds.

Now, have said all of that....Yes, it is simple economics and PWI is a business. I am not faulting them for that. I am more pointing out to them that it would seem as though even they (the company) has reached a point where there tactics are laughable. Will they make money? Of course. But as what cost? People have limits, even the "richest" have limits.

What I am saying is that they drive sales now and then what? It all really evens out for the most -part in the end. However, those just beginning or those thinking about spending rl money on this game, might think differently because of the sales and such going on right now, since there is not much one could do as a new player to catch up (this is coming from my experience on LC, since I have been there the majority of the time).

So, if this thread is going to turn into a rant, flame, bait, flame, flame, "you suc," etc....I will request it to be closed. There is a way to discuss this without being inundated with trolls or accusations of being a troll.

This is an open discussion and I would like it to stay that way, but know this: I have no problem having my thread closed if it is going to be pointless. I want discussion, whether I agree or disagree in what someone else say/suggests.
    Not really.

Lower gold prices = more people can buy them in AH. Sellers need to sell more to make coins so they buy more gold to sell. More gold sell into AH, gold sellers need to buy more gold with RL cash.

Higher gold prices = less people can buy them in AH. Sellers need to sell less to make more coins, so they buy less gold to sell. Less gold sell into AH, gold sellers need to buy less gold with RL cash.

People who don't want/can't buy gold with RL cash will not buy it, no matter what. When the price of gold reach the point they feel it's not worth talking time to grind to get the coins to buy gold in AH, they simply stop playing.

Agreed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok i dont see the problem with this sale because gold as stayed the same on HT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

yay see how its annoying when i type with no punctuation howaboutifitypedwithnospaces omg dude use your spacebar, use some periods, come on at least make it so that people don't have to spend 5 minutes reading over your post to get what you're saying. How is PWI handing out items to those who don't complain? PWI is being neutral to all players, any person that has an anniversary pack has a chance to get a lunar weapon, whether that person complains 24/7, is level 100, is level 1, or doesn't know what punctuation is like you. People aren't complaining about not getting their way, they want the game to still be playable. Prices on everyday items that are almost essential (charms, GA's) have tripled. However non-cash shop players' income has stayed the same, so a lot of people are finding it extremely difficult to zhen, rebirth, TW, PK, etc.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    R.I.P PWI in October
  • dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Such the attitude.

Had you read my post in a calm manner, you would have seen that I was venting frustration not QQ'ing or /B word you choose to use.

The difference between this and some other threads? There is some actual conversation in this one. But is it people like you and a few early posters that feel the need to "change" the flow of the post and replies.

To the earlier posting, I never said I was gonna quit and IF this was a troll thread, it would have been written in a much, much harsher tone and most likely would have been closed in 2 seconds.

Now, have said all of that....Yes, it is simple economics and PWI is a business. I am not faulting them for that. I am more pointing out to them that it would seem as though even they (the company) has reached a point where there tactics are laughable. Will they make money? Of course. But as what cost? People have limits, even the "richest" have limits.

What I am saying is that they drive sales now and then what? It all really evens out for the most -part in the end. However, those just beginning or those thinking about spending rl money on this game, might think differently because of the sales and such going on right now, since there is not much one could do as a new player to catch up (this is coming from my experience on LC, since I have been there the majority of the time).

So, if this thread is going to turn into a rant, flame, bait, flame, flame, "you suc," etc....I will request it to be closed. There is a way to discuss this without being inundated with trolls or accusations of being a troll.

This is an open discussion and I would like it to stay that way, but know this: I have no problem having my thread closed if it is going to be pointless. I want discussion, whether I agree or disagree in what someone else say/suggests.

Agreed!
    i wasn't talking about just you i was talking about all the ppl that are bitching about how things are changing plus I dont care if people are quiting this game including u and all the other people who get made about sales i personally dont care ppl dont half to use the cash shop they choose to those that get mad becaz of things like well "now i see lowbies with better gear then me and it took me months to get and they got it in a few minutes"and so on it's annoying and if Gms could share there opinion they would probably tell the people who are leaving to go fly a kite what i said wasn't a personal attack on u it was to all the people who keep threating that there leaving saying the game is dieing saying how pwi need to hurry up and die it's very rude to pwe after all they have given to the people who play this game and now that they do changes and take away from the people who got there thing without paying for it are now mad I just dont understand why they make such a big deal about it most people get this stuff to look cool in a game for what reason no one says u half to spend money to be something in a game im just tired of all the threats and the QQing about people leaving if they are going to leave they can leave not make a damn thread about it
  • dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yay see how its annoying when i type with no punctuation howaboutifitypedwithnospaces omg dude use your spacebar, use some periods, come on at least make it so that people don't have to spend 5 minutes reading over your post to get what you're saying. How is PWI handing out items to those who don't complain? PWI is being neutral to all players, any person that has an anniversary pack has a chance to get a lunar weapon, whether that person complains 24/7, is level 100, is level 1, or doesn't know what punctuation is like you. People aren't complaining about not getting their way, they want the game to still be playable. Prices on everyday items that are almost essential (charms, GA's) have tripled. However non-cash shop players' income has stayed the same, so a lot of people are finding it extremely difficult to zhen, rebirth, TW, PK, etc.
    so sorry I dont live up to ur standards
    aslo go read some of the threads a few days back and see how many people are complaining about spending months grinding for gear and are now pissed because some people lower then them get better stuff
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i wasn't talking about just you i was talking about all the ppl that are bitching about how things are changing plus I dont care if people are quiting this game including u and all the other people who get made about sales i personally dont care ppl dont half to use the cash shop they choose to those that get mad becaz of things like well "now i see lowbies with better gear then me and it took me months to get and they got it in a few minutes"and so on it's annoying and if Gms could share there opinion they would probably tell the people who are leaving to go fly a kite what i said wasn't a personal attack on u it was to all the people who keep threating that there leaving saying the game is dieing saying how pwi need to hurry up and die it's very rude to pwe after all they have given to the people who play this game and now that they do changes and take away from the people who got there thing without paying for it are now mad I just dont understand why they make such a big deal about it most people get this stuff to look cool in a game for what reason no one says u half to spend money to be something in a game im just tired of all the threats and the QQing about people leaving if they are going to leave they can leave not make a damn thread about it

OMFG reading that gave me a headache

BR much?
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    R.I.P PWI in October

Oh it's coming alright, b:bye PWI !
  • dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    OMFG reading that gave me a headache

BR much?
    and this is the disrespect im talking about being rude just gtfo
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

QFT.

I find it easier to simply ignore the comments of people who write as if they were on a cellphone, with a clutch of 12 year old girls.

Then, when they whine about not being heard, I tell them "SHIFT-CLICK N00B!"

It seems to be the common response on the server when *I* complain.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

If you can't learn to communicate properly, expect to be treated like a child.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Back on topic please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Back on topic please.

Never thought I'd see the day you'd say that b:chuckle

But honestly the thing about the sale, yes it is driving up gold price but cashshopper will be offering the orbs themselves for less now.

Hopefully.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

of for Sanity's sake use some punctuation dude!
    Have u tried to read what you wrote?

I don't know what you're smoking, but u should quit while you have a few brain cells still working

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *Looks at topic, looks at who OP is* b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Oh god (Spoons), it's getting serious. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you can't learn to communicate properly, expect to be treated like a child.

RedMenace
    whatever u say
    clearly though all you guys are cyber bullys and at the end of the day atleast i know im better then all you who half to be rude to people to make yourself feel good since everyone in real life thinks your weird
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so sorry I dont live up to ur standards
    aslo go read some of the threads a few days back and see how many people are complaining about spending months grinding for gear and are now pissed because some people lower then them get better stuff

It's not about living up to my standards or not, it's about making your posts easier to read. And yeah some people are complaining about spending months grinding for their gear and having lower level people get better stuff than them, but there are very few of them. How many people actually had lunar gear before this event came out? The majority of players that are complaining are doing so because the price of charms and GA's has shot through the roof making grinding much more difficult. Also, you don't think that people who've spent months farming their gear, only to have other people obtain the exact same item in 2 minutes, have the right to complain? It's easy for you to tell them to shut up if you haven't had that experience. One of the issues is that the incentive to actually PLAY the game for better gear has gone down, because of the fear that after 4 months of grinding to get said gear, it's suddenly obtainable in cash shop.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Dumb question: where is the announcement about the Dragon Orb sale? I am not finding it on the Announcement page.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

No, you gtfo. If you're trying to make a point use proper grammar and punctuation and the right choice of words so people can understand you, dumbass.

On the contrary
    i personally dont care ppl dont half to use the cash shop they choose to those that get mad becaz of things like well "now i see lowbies with better gear then me and it took me months to get and they got it in a few minutes"and so on

I disagree. The same people are using cash shop. The Peope who DON'T use cash shop are the one's who are upset.
    it's annoying and if Gms could share there opinion they would probably tell the people who are leaving to go fly a kite

something we agree on; since most of the people who are leaving ARE non-cash shoppers, i'm sure the gms/dev's wont care they're leaving
    what i said wasn't a personal attack on u it was to all the people who keep threating that there leaving saying the game is dieing saying how pwi need to hurry up and die it's very rude to pwe after all they have given to the people who play this game and now that they do changes and take away from the people who got there thing without paying for it are now mad

There comes a fine line in Free To play games. Paying $10-20 a month is one thing, but having to spend $100's just to "keep up" with the game and the new features its far from appealing.
    I just dont understand why they make such a big deal about it most people get this stuff to look cool in a game for what reason no one says u half to spend money to be something in a game im just tired of all the threats and the QQing about people leaving if they are going to leave they can leave not make a damn thread about it

Actually, you HAVE to spend IRL cash to be "cool" in this game now. If you haven't noticed, a lot of items people used to make money with, have now dropped drastically in price. Let's see: Apoc pages, Old book pages, Trumpets, every grade of gem, pots. Christ, i can keep going, but i'm sure you get my point. It's harder to make ingame cash, and since gold is 400-500k, its makes it MUCH harder to get by in this game without cash shopping constantly.

Note to self: i can't believe i can read dumbass
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Dumb question: where is the announcement about the Dragon Orb sale? I am not finding it on the Announcement page.
    It'll probably be announced tomorrow as a weekend sale or somthing, but it's already available in the boutique.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    whatever u say
    clearly though all you guys are cyber bullys and at the end of the day atleast i know im better then all you who half to be rude to people to make yourself feel good since everyone in real life thinks your weird

You are NOT better than anyone in this thread.

Closed minded BR dumb prick
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Never thought I'd see the day you'd say that b:chuckle

But honestly the thing about the sale, yes it is driving up gold price but cashshopper will be offering the orbs themselves for less now.

Hopefully.

b:sweat If not such a touchy subject, I would not care b:surrender

My philosophy is that: As long as Gold prices stay high - Selling prices will remain high.

But, the only reason prices are that high is because people are willing to pay the price. I on the other hand...eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]