Orb Sale: Really?

Options

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Cause free market economies are for losers, amirite?

And beefums, didn't you charge tons of zen?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ferragamo1 wrote: »
    Easy fix. Let the Gms/Devs put a cap on gold sell and gold buy prices. Let's say the maximum you can sell is at 200k and the minimum you can buy is at 100k. That would fix all the complaints about high gold prices and would stabilize and set prices for all the other items on the market.

FYI ---> It is the players (buyers and sellers) that are setting the Gold prices, has really nothing to do with the GM's or Dev's except in terms of sales/promotions/events and overall information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Even free market economies have to be regulated. Otherwise you get exploitative behaviors that destabilize said economies. (Insider trading, pump and dump, mortgage fraud, etc.)
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    FYI ---> It is the players (buyers and sellers) that are setting the Gold prices, has really nothing to do with the GM's or Dev's except in terms of sales/promotions/events and overall information.

Yeah but, with all the sales, new items, demand for such an item, gold WILL (and obviously has!) go up. So it's the Dev's fault. Consequences of their actions.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think Spoons missed the point of the thread a little bit. Anyway, I agree with the original idea of this thread, and yes it has added insult to injury.

We used to get sales every now and then, but then we started getting sales every damn day.

I think the main cause of inflation is the patch that gave the ability to create sales without having to patch. You can't give a child a lollipop and not expect them to eat it.

I thought long and hard about it, and almost thought about quiting as I saw all my friends leaving one after another, but one thing has kept me here....

They give me their **** when they leave, so in turn, I have saved money.

So my idea is, a.) Either we find some solution to the inflation in game, and rising prices of mats etc based off of gold prices. or B.) Continue to complain in hopes that others will quit and gimme their stuff.

lol kidding, but...i don't know. I was excited about hitting 90, I got my new weap and my armor, and was ready to start doing rebirths, or frostlands etc, and swallowed my pride and bought dome damn charms for who remembers how much, only to find...that now that I am at this level, and the prices where they are...

I can't find a party to run any of these things with. Rebirth's return would be worth it, but, how am I to afford it, or convince ppl with +8 weapons and armor that I can keep up with my already expensive +5 everything? I am effectively being punished for NOT spending real money.

As for FF and EVEN TT NOW, people are realizing that they may be more expensive than they are worth, not only has the creeping gold prices killed the economy but it has also killed the willingness to help that used to make this game great.

btw thanks for the anniversary mount, as if anyone that regestered before that date didnt already buy one. But seriously it was a good effort, but imho it also kinda added more insult to injury, I'm just glad I wasnt one of the people that paid whole paychecks to get a hellhound when they first came out and went.

And Im not complaining that they gave us something or trying to sound ungrateful, but I think they could have not gave us anything, and there would have been less people upset by it, especially since it came RIGHT AFTER the prices or all the mounts were lowered. anyway ill quit now.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I honestly don't see the issue. Buying gold with coin is a luxury for those who don't spend cash to buy zhen. And I think that's how the devs look at it.

As for the sale. I'm glad the 1 stars are back woot. But i'm not going to be buying any. Might as well complain about the charm packs too.

Anyways..the above statement is my take.

Have fun and don't stress. Its just a game.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah but, with all the sales, new items, demand for such an item, gold WILL (and obviously has!) go up. So it's the Dev's fault. Consequences of their actions.

No, its still player greed. Players are so greedy they want everything at once so they buy everything at once. You don't HAVE to buy things when they are on sale. You don't HAVE to have that new mount/fashion/aerogear when it comes out. The people selling the gold don't HAVE to start charging tons more for it.

Nothing to do with sales, only player greed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    agamemnoch wrote: »
    Even free market economies have to be regulated. Otherwise you get exploitative behaviors that destabilize said economies. (Insider trading, pump and dump, mortgage fraud, etc.)

Yes, in a sense.

But at what point does any type of regulation become "too much" or "too little"?

This too is a Catch 22.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, its still player greed. Players are so greedy they want everything at once so they buy everything at once. You don't HAVE to buy things when they are on sale. You don't HAVE to have that new mount/fashion/aerogear when it comes out. The people selling the gold don't HAVE to start charging tons more for it.

Players don't have to buy the gold at the auction house. There are always two sides to a coin.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I want to thank the people in this thread for contributing their thoughts in a civil manner, it's so much easier to read than flames b:victory

I'd love to have a crazy coin sink event, but I haven't figured out anything that would be interesting enough to have much effect. If you have an idea (some people have already shared a few) please post in the suggestions section with "coin sink event" or something similar as the title. When I say event I don't mean server event because that's hard to implement quickly, I'm talking a GM run event that would be attractive enough to make people spend their coin.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    anyway ill quit now.

Can I have your stuff?

=)

EDIT: GM-sponsored coin sink event? I'll post something in the suggestions. I think my lottery idea can be implemented. Do GMs have an unlimited storage in their in-game mailbox?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I want to thank the people in this thread for contributing their thoughts in a civil manner, it's so much easier to read than flames b:victory

I'd love to have a crazy coin sink event, but I haven't figured out anything that would be interesting enough to have much effect. If you have an idea (some people have already shared a few) please post in the suggestions section with "coin sink event" or something similar as the title. When I say event I don't mean server event because that's hard to implement quickly, I'm talking a GM run event that would be attractive enough to make people spend their coin.

Jolly Jones but without the option to use Dolls, only the 100k per box b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

Debatable

Not sure. But people right now are interested in buying the "end game gears that people are obtaining unfairly". You know how many times i see "WTB> Lunar Insignia Ornament 40 mil" on WC a day? really doubt people will spend coin on much of other things besides event stuff at the moment. Unless this "GM event" has something to do with the current event...
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Jolly Jones but without the option to use Dolls, only the 100k per box b:chuckle
    Troof

Jolly Jones was a good idea but the option to use dolls instead of paying coin made it very ineffective as a coin sink.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Troof

Jolly Jones was a good idea but the option to use dolls instead of paying coin made it very ineffective as a coin sink.

Agreed.....I really think that this would sink the coins in this game.

Jolly is a lot of fun and even with the coins only option, I think it would be a huge success.

*shrugs* First thing I thought of b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There is one other thing that I have never seen anyone mention. A completely new player can download this game for free, charge $10.00, and obtain 3 or 4 million coins very quickly.

But.. this new players with his 3 or 4 millions coins will not go farther than where I was able to go with 500k when I started a year ago...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

When new stuff hits the shelf people ARE going to grab it ASAP.
    Asking or expecting them not to is pointless. It's NEW STUFF!!!

Greedy players? Sure.
    Is this situation all their fault? Nope.
    Can some of this be laid at their feet? Yep.
    Would this be more the fault of the greedy player than it is the company providing the service? Probably not. Quantitative answers don't work here all you get are probabilities, we lack facts.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But.. this new players with his 3 or 4 millions coins will not go farther than where I was able to go with 500k when I started a year ago...
    He could buy an epic 3* level 15 weapon and own all the level 15s in duels.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    He could buy an epic 3* level 15 weapon and own all the level 15s in duels.

lmfao

My favorite was the 3x who got the CV weapon.

**** me
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    agamemnoch wrote: »
    When new stuff hits the shelf people ARE going to grab it ASAP.
    Asking or expecting them not to is pointless. It's NEW STUFF!!!

Greedy players? Sure.
    Is this situation all their fault? Nope.
    Can some of this be laid at their feet? Yep.
    Would this be more the fault of the greedy player than it is the company providing the service? Probably not. Quantitative answers don't work here all you get are probabilities, we lack facts.

Indecisive on this part.

I can see both sides of that argument though. I think the thing that is for sure is that there are those blaming other players (who set the market) and those blaming the GM's (because they are the most visable) and then the ones blaming the Dev's/Company as a whole (who set the sales and make the ultimate decisions).

The above is where much of the player base is confused.

There is MUCH that we lack, in terms of information, but there is also a lot of information that is here in the forums, in-game and in the business world.

Human nature tends to run like this --> What one does not understand they fear and what they fear makes them anger. Therefore, these emotions cause them to start blaming the person(s)/thing(s) that are the most visible and in that emotions take over.

We are all frustrated, but that is why we need to and are discussing this.
    lmfao

My favorite was the 3x who got the CV weapon.

**** me

Painful....I am wondering though how many have "made" the items THEN realized they auto-bind once crafted -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

What would you need more than 4 million coins for now that you can get with 500,000 coins back then, as a beginner character?

The only thing I can think of is the Hammer, which simply should not be purchased.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Posted one, but I hope other folks have better ideas.
    Thread.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What would you need more than 4 million coins for now that you can get with 500,000 coins back then, as a beginner character?

The only thing I can think of is the Hammer, which simply should not be purchased.

Lets see ----> (very broad example and no I did not do any math)

Dolls 20-25k back then

Dolls 75-90k now

500k and the 3mill....kinda go about the same distance from now and from then. The MAIN difference. IF a new player (say in theory) does not charge or cs...they are going to have a VERY difficult time coming up with that much in coins -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ferragamo1 wrote: »
    Easy fix. Let the Gms/Devs put a cap on gold sell and gold buy prices.

There is one. It's just a lot more higher than 100k ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What I have seen other games do before in order to drain coins without enraging half the players is find a way to sell luxury or status items in game that can be bought with coins.

They will sell items that are not effective at all in PvP, PvE, any form of combat at all. These items are simply for luxury and status among other people. Something that makes the player stand out without giving him an edge in combat.

The items are untradeable and only available for a limited time so people will spend massive amounts of coins in order to gain these items.

For example you could find a way to sell fashion or mounts or aerogear that you can only use coin to buy.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What I have seen other games do before in order to drain coins without enraging half the players is find a way to sell luxury or status items in game that can be bought with coins.

They will sell items that are not effective at all in PvP, PvE, any form of combat at all. These items are simply for luxury and status among other people. Something that makes the player stand out without giving him an edge in combat.

For a Limited Time ---> You can buy the color dye of your choosing from the Seamstress!!!!! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If they had bothered to implement the same coin option that was present with JJ event gold would never have gotten this high even with charms and orbs onsale at the same time as anniversary packs.

That would have been the coin sink/gold price limiter,and would cut down on the player dissatisfaction immensely...why wasn't this implemented,it doesn't take a great deal of thought to see the benefits of it,apart from the fact it would possibly have lead to fewer zen charging,operative word being possibly there.

This whole inflation situation was easy to spot coming months ago,and if all the so called useless QQ posts(that people also in this thread who are now doing the same thing! then made fun of/called trolls yada yada yada)had of been heeded this wouldn't have come about.

I was under the impression btw that although devs are in control of expansions/new game content that the guys on this side of the world who have pw under license,are infact able to change/adjust prices,implement the sales on their own whims...hmm.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was under the impression btw that although devs are in control of expansions/new game content that the guys on this side of the world who have pw under license,are infact able to change/adjust prices,implement the sales on their own whims...hmm.

PWI has that authority, I would assume, but that doesn't mean it's the GMs calling the shots. b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This whole inflation situation was easy to spot coming months ago,and if all the so called useless QQ posts(that people also in this thread who are now doing the same thing! then made fun of/called trolls yada yada yada)had of been heeded this wouldn't have come about.

Never said myself nor others did not see this coming. In fact, I was just about 100% positive that the Anniversary packs would be coming out and that the "economy" would go the heck.

And your last statement --> All of this would have still come about. There is a much larger portion of players that never visit the forums (unfortunate really).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]