Orb Sale: Really?

Comments

• Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dumb question: where is the announcement about the Dragon Orb sale? I am not finding it on the Announcement page.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/6341
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Now, have said all of that....Yes, it is simple economics and PWI is a business. I am not faulting them for that. I am more pointing out to them that it would seem as though even they (the company) has reached a point where there tactics are laughable. Will they make money? Of course. But as what cost? People have limits, even the "richest" have limits.

This ^^, can't agree more.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    something we agree on; since most of the people who are leaving ARE non-cash shoppers, i'm sure the gms/dev's wont care they're leaving

If too many non-cash shop players leave, this will hurt PWI. Sales of gold in AH will drop, and most people buying gold with RL money will be reluctant to sell them at a lower price.

In the end, PWI will make less money. And the higher the inflation is, the less likely new players are to stick to this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh my god 100-150k 1* D.Orbs

why, god, why.

They were cheaper BEFORE the sale.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i hit the 1,000 limit tryin to get the fancy feathers @_@
    NOW i dont even know if i can buy a the orbs and the charms.
    i want the goldmane now also :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If too many non-cash shop players leave, this will hurt PWI. Sales of gold in AH will drop, and most people buying gold with RL money will be reluctant to sell them at a lower price.

In the end, PWI will make less money. And the higher the inflation is, the less likely new players are to stick to this game.

I guess you're right, though i was being somewhat sarcastic to the dumbass.

PWI has hooked you in and there's no escape.

fufufufufufufufu
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh my god 100-150k 1* D.Orbs

why, god, why.

They were cheaper BEFORE the sale.

This is my point. People are selling off of Gold prices not the Sale price.

<3 but told you so b:surrender

*sigh* <3 Centetric. I told you to wait, the packs are in for a month.

Heck, even in guild we were telling people NOT to buy orbs and refine, that this sale was approaching. Although we did not think till after the event.

If people follow the bread crumbs, it was rather easy to speculate that this might happen. Those that refined to high heaven, are now (1) emo because they spent so much on refining or (2) going to refine higher.

I just thought this would not happen till after the packs. For me it is a tough call. 35% left till 99 and refining hits major heights now. This is when the +5/+7 goes out the window and you go for more. After all...I am pretty much in end-game b:surrender
    So, if I understand properly, this current sale must be bad because ... um ... complaining about sales has become something all the "cool kids" are doing???

You missed the entire point of the thread -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    rose u should've told me before i charged another 150 b:sad b:cry

*sigh* AWWWW *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Next time I'll look in west before I open my big mouth b:surrender

And gratz in advance on 99. I feel like a lowbie.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    rose u should've told me before i charged another 150 b:sad b:cry

*sigh* AWWWW *sigh*

You never PM'd me. I can't watch over you all the time b:cry Besides....what you do with the tele's I gave you? Used them all up alrdy?
    Next time I'll look in west before I open my big mouth b:surrender

And gratz in advance on 99. I feel like a lowbie.

Awwwww....ty. Gratz me if/when I get there. Thinking of stalling...Need one more Gold mat for weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Awwwww....ty. Gratz me if/when I get there. Thinking of stalling...Need one more Gold mat for weapon.

Don't feel bad, I still don't have my hh80 quoit, I'm using this stupid 79 moulder QQ

+1 with a random g8 shard ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Don't feel bad, I still don't have my hh80 quoit, I'm using this stupid 79 moulder QQ

+1 with a random g8 shard ftw.

b:sweat By the time you get your HH80 weapon, you will be 90. Stay with what you have now, just at about 85 start farming hh90.

b:surrender You helped me in ninja'ing my own thread and going off topic -.-

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    QQ where did the dumbass go *cough* dane12 *Cough*

Clearly a 12 year old Brazilian.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    b:sweat By the time you get your HH80 weapon, you will be 90. Stay with what you have now, just at about 85 start farming hh90.

b:surrender You helped me in ninja'ing my own thread and going off topic -.-

b:chuckle

I was just planning to camp rebirth if charm prices go back down, we'll see about that. But I need the hh80 souledge for hh90, so I'll have to buy mats, kewkewkew

And we're just too pro at ninja-ing. b:victory

edit: getting lonely tika? I'm always available for a nominal fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    With regards to the Orb sale in particular and the Anniversary month in general, I am under the impression that all of these events benefit paying customers. Am I wrong about this?

It seems reasonable for PWI to hold events that benefit the players who are actually paying them. Certainly, the non-paying players are unable to freely enjoy the Cash Shop items, but non-paying players are not actual customers. It makes sense to me that PWI is going out of its way to give big benefits to those that continue to invest real money into the game. Additionally, they are giving incentive for existing non-paying players to become paying customers. That just makes business sense, to me, as opposed to greed.

(FYI - I have not spent a single cent in this game.)

Aside from the Golden Hammer, I don't think players really need Cash Shop items. As someone pointed out, you can get Yunxiao to replace Charms, and since Jolly Jones comes around twice a year, you can refill on those when you need to.

Dragon Orbs are too much? No problem; replace the Beautiful Shard in your weapon with a Flawless Shard. Flawless Shards have dropped significantly in price, and so instead of going from +4 to +5 on your weapon, just reshard it. Instead of going +4 to +5 on your armor for more HP, just reshard it with a Flawless Citrine.

There are a lot of items that have gone down in price, and a lot of Cash Shop items that have gone up in price. If you change the way you perceive the benefits and detriments, I don't think it is as bad as it initially seems. Sure, you have to change your gameplay a bit (no auto-Charms), but I think it is fine. I might not be able to get the second socket on my weapon, but I was able to get my second OHT skill at a much cheaper price.

There is one other thing that I have never seen anyone mention. A completely new player can download this game for free, charge $10.00, and obtain 3 or 4 million coins very quickly. These in-game coins moves from someone who is richer to someone who is poorer. In other words, this helps stymy wealth condensation (richer gets richer, poorer gets poorer). I am by no means saying this is enough to equalize the economy. I am just saying that a beginner player can, with a small investment equal to the price of a used video game, get what is considered a lot of coins at that level.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    QQ where did the dumbass go *cough* dane12 *Cough*

Clearly a 12 year old Brazilian.

LOL....you scared him off.
    edit: getting lonely tika? I'm always available for a nominal fee.

Better have nice looking feet b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Dragon Orbs are too much? No problem; replace the Beautiful Shard in your weapon with a Flawless Shard. Flawless Shards have dropped significantly in price, and so instead of going from +4 to +5 on your weapon, just reshard it. Instead of going +4 to +5 on your armor for more HP, just reshard it with a Flawless Citrine.

I am sorry, but this just will not work. Besides, I have +7 weapon with 2 immaculates and my HH99 will have perfects. But if you do not refine (at least on LC) you will be somewhat gimped in terms of PvP and TW and Instances and.....

There is one other thing that I have never seen anyone mention. A completely new player can download this game for free, charge $10.00, and obtain 3 or 4 million coins very quickly. These in-game coins moves from someone who is richer to someone who is poorer. In other words, this helps stymy wealth condensation (richer gets richer, poorer gets poorer). I am by no means saying this is enough to equalize the economy. I am just saying that a beginner player can, with a small investment equal to the price of a used video game, get what is considered a lot of coins at that level.

This last part ^^

Wait till the expansion comes out. The new classes will be able to be tested with all the skills and such needed. Higher level mains will be paying for there alts. I know I did to get more nix.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...sry for dble post...oddness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    I am sorry, but this just will not work. Besides, I have +7 weapon with 2 immaculates and my HH99 will have perfects. But if you do not refine (at least on LC) you will be somewhat gimped in terms of PvP and TW and Instances and.....

Hmm... I suppose my post was too narrow-minded in scope. My apologies.
    This last part ^^

Wait till the expansion comes out. The new classes will be able to be tested with all the skills and such needed. Higher level mains will be paying for there alts. I know I did to get more nix.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...sry for dble post...oddness

Err... I am unsure what you mean by this. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with what I said about beginner players?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    ROSE.......... i already used em up :P

im gonna use my tokens to get a ................ make over scroll AND..... a second supply stash to gain for the extra cash :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Hmm... I suppose my post was too narrow-minded in scope. My apologies. No need, your opinion and I was challenging -.-

Err... I am unsure what you mean by this. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with what I said about beginner players?

A little of both. New players can get"rich" (there rich) early on by getting 10 Gold yes. But more likely it will not last long enough to really "help" them later on. There would have been no way I would have been able to have that many coins that early on...fashion b:dirty

But "beginners," in terms of alts (no matter the class), have a huge advantage.
    b:infuriated

b:cry

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    It seems reasonable for PWI to hold events that benefit the players who are actually paying them. Certainly, the non-paying players are unable to freely enjoy the Cash Shop items, but non-paying players are not actual customers. It makes sense to me that PWI is going out of its way to give big benefits to those that continue to invest real money into the game. Additionally, they are giving incentive for existing non-paying players to become paying customers. That just makes business sense, to me, as opposed to greed.

Cash Shop was designed for people to "get ahead" of the game by quickly making cash or quickly getting that item, since this game is, all about instant satisfaction.

Gold *was* 100k/gold, and was totally reasonable. More recently, gold was brought up to 200k. Not that big of a deal really. People are still able to GRIND AND WORK FOR THEIR MONEY and convert it into gold, which in turn allows them to buy cash shop items

Now, gold is at 400k, oh wait I'm sorry, 500k+. Basically means people who work for their money, have to work 3 times as hard to obtain the same item. You're almost forced to cash shop just to get by.
    edited September 2009
    Now, gold is at 400k, oh wait I'm sorry, 500k+. Basically means people who work for their money, have to work 3 times as hard to obtain the same item. You're almost forced to cash shop just to get by.

Pardon, but I am a bit confused. Are you agreeing with me?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    ROSE.......... i already used em up :P

im gonna use my tokens to get a ................ make over scroll AND..... a second supply stash to gain for the extra cash :P

-.-

There is just a large gap now. And grinding can net you some cash, but at higher levels....we like to PvP for our grind spots b:chuckle

3rd map b:dirty

In all honesty, it does not matter whether one agrees or disagrees. It would sound as though the comment made was agreeing with you but also pointing out that there are ways to make money in-game w/o having to cs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009

I think im' more or less adding on to what you were saying with some details and facts. I don't agree with what you said 100% but that's not important whatsoever. And what RedsRose said below v

-.-
    There is just a large gap now. And grinding can net you some cash, but at higher levels....we like to PvP for our grind spots b:chuckle

3rd map b:dirty

In all honesty, it does not matter whether one agrees or disagrees. It would sound as though the comment made was agreeing with you but also pointing out that there are ways to make money in-game w/o having to cs.

This ^

Oh and RedsRose, 3rd map was a sex pot when I was the only active mage who had it b:cute

EDIT: You know for a while I read your name as RedRoses.... QQ im dyslexic or something.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I think im' more or less adding on to what you were saying with some details and facts. I don't agree with what you said 100% but that's not important whatsoever. And what RedsRose said below v

This ^

Oh and RedsRose, 3rd map was a sex pot when I was the only active mage who had it b:cute

EDIT: You know for a while I read your name as RedRoses.... QQ im dyslexic or something.

b:cry And I missed it

Working for 4th map..Zzzzzzz b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    I think im' more or less adding on to what you were saying with some details and facts. I don't agree with what you said 100% but that's not important whatsoever.

Oh, okay. I thought you were looking for some sort of response from me, and I had no idea how to respond.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Working for 4th map..Zzzzzzz b:surrender

I can has GV?

Our director ditched us for CQ so he could GV moar.

Slightly on topic: How long do you think the sales will keep going before there's a break?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I want GV Delta b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I can has GV?

Our director ditched us for CQ so he could GV moar.

Slightly on topic: How long do you think the sales will keep going before there's a break?

DarkSmoke b:dirty