Orb Sale: Really?

RedsRose - Lost City
RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Ok...I have been VERY nice and what I consider to be reasonable.

But honestly, I think now things have gotten out of control b:surrender

To have the Anniversary Packs and then the Charm packs and now the Dragon Orbs (1* and 8*) on sale.....

Even I, sad to say, an frustrated and baffled.

*sigh* I guess we will see, but to the community here...I am sorry b:sad

I gave many the benifit of the doubt, seen very close friends and numerous others quit, struggled to keep up and now well.....For all of this I am sorry. I did nothing but support the decisions made, but this sale should have been after event when things clamed down. Gold is now 500k. This is NOT what any of the servers needed....

I surrender...b:surrender I no longer know what to say.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
Post edited by RedsRose - Lost City on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dunno.. seems like when things are getting ridiculously expensive the GM's start a sale. The sale does bring that particular item down in price, but everything else goes up. With apoc pages cheap as dirt, flawless shards are the same... socket stones are cheap, ult subs, etc (basically everything from the event) people were complaining about orbs and charm packs... they are on sale now :( I can only guess that the GM's are seeing the problem with things being too expensive and are putting those items on sale so people can afford them with in game coins. It feels like almost everything from the cash shop has been put on sale and it doesn't feel like these things are really that much more expensive. I'm still able to get by without putting money in the cash shop :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is pretty crazy its like the most things i seen on sale all at once that pvpers, tw guilds, and people buying and selling would want all at once b:shocked. Good for cash shoppers though and people who know how to make money off percentages when they sell or buy. b:cry Im out of zen... b:cry

Anniversary, charm, orbs = overkill on my creditcard b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I dunno.. seems like when things are getting ridiculously expensive the GM's start a sale. The sale does bring that particular item down in price, but everything else goes up. With apoc pages cheap as dirt, flawless shards are the same... socket stones are cheap, ult subs, etc (basically everything from the event) people were complaining about orbs and charm packs... they are on sale now :( I can only guess that the GM's are seeing the problem with things being too expensive and are putting those items on sale so people can afford them with in game coins. It feels like almost everything from the cash shop has been put on sale and it doesn't feel like these things are really that much more expensive. I'm still able to get by without putting money in the cash shop :P

I can possibly get by....but with charms 700k+ (1-3 mp a day), dolls 85k, etc....I have millions no doubt on that. However, this sale should have been after. There is too many coins in floating around.

I HOPE things level out but within mintues gold started rising. And for orbs....people will be wanting bad because of the new items from the Anniversary Packs. In my opinion: this sale should have been after this event. Give the server some time to breathe....People are bored...All anyone does is Oracles and set up shop -.-

Why? Because many cannot afford the higher pirce of items. Granted, you do not NEED some of these items (charms, dolls, etc.) but then PvP goes out the window for many, TW will be gimped and unforutneately....I think more and more people might be dropping b:surrender

I think it is more principle then anything...1* orbs 20silver and an 8* orb? Now...how many people can afford an 8* orb? *sigh*

We will see what happens....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It seems like fail after fail, ever since the anniversary pack, their greed is just endless.

Firstly an useless charm pack "sale" which did nothing considering you could already find shops selling charms for less than the "sale" price at current gold price, now another useless "sale" of d.orbs, which... again, you can buy cheaper if you look at cat shops in arch.

How about lowering charm prices so that non-cash shoppers can afford to TW? How about lowering guardian angel/scroll prices so that normal players can afford to PK? Nope, considering players' interests doesn't cross PWI's minds, only their endless need for profit, profit, and more profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    It seems like fail after fail, ever since the anniversary pack, their greed is just endless.

Firstly an useless charm pack "sale" which did nothing considering you could already find shops selling charms for less than the "sale" price at current gold price, now another useless "sale" of d.orbs, which... again, you can buy cheaper if you look at cat shops in arch.

How about lowering charm prices so that non-cash shoppers can afford to TW? How about lowering guardian angel/scroll prices so that normal players can afford to PK? Nope, considering players' interests doesn't cross PWI's minds, only their endless need for profit, profit, and more profit.

I am not sure it is greed really. After-all they are running a business.

However, it is getting harder and harder for people to keep up. The game has been flooded with coin = prices up and with the sales and such all back to back -.-

I mean, the other sales back to back were nothing compared to this...I mean nothing...

PS --> Here on LC = GOOD LUCK finding a charm for sale that is not 800k + in price......just for gold. I have been lucky to get for slightly cheaper but not by much. I am having to use all I have to make $$. This I have always been good at, but now there really is no profit because it all evens out with items being purchased to pk/tw/run instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2009

But honestly, I think now things have gotten out of control b:surrender

To have the Anniversary Packs and then the Charm packs and now the Dragon Orbs (1* and 8*) on sale.....

I gave many the benifit of the doubt, seen very close friends and numerous others quit, struggled to keep up and now well.....For all of this I am sorry. I did nothing but support the decisions made, but this sale should have been after event when things clamed down. Gold is now 500k. This is NOT what any of the servers needed....

GG things must be bad if rose posts a QQ thread! b:shocked

The only thing you can surmise from the past week's events is that non of our event feedback was listened to- besides silencing the duke. o_O Nor have we received any statements in response to our other concerns.

This does suggest that the event was planned in its totality- anniversary packs, staggered with an orb sale => get CSer's refining their new end game items.

I predict a guardian angel sale later- so all those endgame CSers can go pk for kicks. =_=
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    After-all they are running a business.

Exactly... and running a business involves good customer service and satisfaction, especially in a market where there are many substitutes.

Currently, many 'customers' (i.e players) are dissatisfied at how the game is being managed, and who could blame them with the way that PWI has tried to inflate gold thru the roof lately?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    actually for the 1st time pw gave us something really cheap, quote from the website

This weekend we will be offering 8 Star Dragon Orbs for the first time in the boutique! These Orbs will give you a 100% success rate on 8 to 9 refining!

notice the 100% success rate on 8 to 9 refining bit? b:victory YAY time to buy them and +9 to my gears
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not too worried about the 8stars. It might be cheaper atm (havnt actually calculated) but its still a whopping 50$ for 1. And the ones who buy it, will buy in bulks usually. Those who can afford to spend that much now, could afford it before the sale anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited September 2009

Probably only the ones that didnt realise gold went up again because of the new sale. o_o
    --Retired--

• Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    /facepalm

Point to note again, its to get as much as they can before you-know-what comes out end of this month, so really.......not surprising. They know the rich ones have gotten their hands on new lunar equipment so it was expected that dragon orbs would go on sale. heck, if they can be socketed im sure socket stones would go on sale
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I cant get my aniversery mount switch to my alt witch is now my main cuz to many turds keep sending tickets!!!!!! I WANT MY FRIGGEN MOUNT! PLZ!
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    /facepalm

Point to note again, its to get as much as they can before you-know-what comes out end of this month, so really.......not surprising. They know the rich ones have gotten their hands on new lunar equipment so it was expected that dragon orbs would go on sale. heck, if they can be socketed im sure socket stones would go on sale

Because someone quitting soon is going to spend a lot of money on this game? Right...
    I am not sure it is greed really. After-all they are running a business.

However, it is getting harder and harder for people to keep up. The game has been flooded with coin = prices up and with the sales and such all back to back -.-

I mean, the other sales back to back were nothing compared to this...I mean nothing...

PS --> Here on LC = GOOD LUCK finding a charm for sale that is not 800k + in price......just for gold. I have been lucky to get for slightly cheaper but not by much. I am having to use all I have to make $$. This I have always been good at, but now there really is no profit because it all evens out with items being purchased to pk/tw/run instances.

800k gold charms are 1.125 mp per coin.
    Herb Yuanxiao (3 tokens gets you 50) is 5.2083 mp per coin, at 16k per token.

Why are you buying mana charms?
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hmm ok, lets put it this way.
    Alot of the disgruntled players are mostly the highers lvls, because they feel that all their hardwork has come to naught by other rich cash shoppers who could achieve what they did in 1 yr with a few (ok maybe ALOT) of clicks.
    These high levels usually have lots of coins in game so they would most likely spend everything before they quit. In a way you can say this chain of sales is a pretty good coin sink.
    Anyway, more expensive items means more coins used up, players that cash shop are a little more willing to charge zen to sell gold since its worth much more than in the past.
    Like it or not, sooner or later the current batch of players who CS alot are going to find themselves in the same shoe; that their hundreds of dollars spent getting the new anni pack items are going to be rendered obsolete by newer, better sales. Until of course they realize that this is a free to play, but 'pay to win' game.
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    good let them all quit who cares.Like they will leave anyway.always see them back in the game after they go emo.just a game dont go selling your house or car over **** in a game.Most of people will find other stuff or games to play.Or get a life.I jus cant stand mmorpg talk QQ i one shot u. blah blah lol gets old TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL
    TROLL.jpg
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I predict....
    At the end of the month, after a short period of crying because the gold-charm-packs are gone, platinum charms in the cash shop.

I didn't think we'd have an orb SALE so soon, but clearly something was going on there, when they removed the 1* ten-pack for a while. I thought (and still think) that they will rejig all the prices so that the higher orbs are better value than the 1*-ten-pack.

Oh! Of course, during that short-period of crying, sell eso's to the people who got used to double-xp weekends as a consolation.
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Welcome to the deceitfull and utterly-lacking-in-professionalism world of modern gaming. In the end one must realise that not only our words are meaningless because we have no authority or inside-knowledge, authority's words are also meaningless because they're lies.

The gaming industry has become so immoral over the past 5-8 years that I can only laugh at anyone who is still loyal and supportive towards any gaming company.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This will get closed.
    Sorry.
    Try and quote threads like these as much as you can, because PWI has limited all the gold price discussions to one thread, where its annoying to sift through all those pages and comments and people cant be bothered reading ALL of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • brutal1111
    brutal1111 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    first And Foremost, The Reason Why The Price For Guardian Angels Has Shot Through The Roof, Is Because Of The Addition Of Jolly Old Jones, Not The Gear Shattering System.

For Those Who Are Not Familiar With Jolly Old Jones, He's An Npc That Allows Players To Trade Either Guardian Angels For Rewards, Or 100k Coins.

This Brings Me To The Second Purpose Of Jolly Old Jones, To Drain The Economy. The Last Time We Had This Event, We Drained A Huge Amount Of Money Out Of The Pwi Economy.

Granted That Currently Gold Prices Are Inflated, However They Should Fall Back Down After This Event/sale, Perhaps Even To A Lower Benchmark Since So Much Coin Is Being Sunk Out Of The Game.

Gold Trading Is Something That We Pay A Lot Of Attention To At Pwe. We Realize That A Large Number Of Players Get Their Gold Through The Auction House, And Carefully Watch That System With A Variety Of Metrics, Statistics, And Tools.

Gg.
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    brutal1111 wrote: »
    Gg.

Back then gold was 200k, now it's 500k. So gg to you.
  • brutal1111
    brutal1111 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Back then gold was 200k, now it's 500k. So gg to you.

You obviously didn't get the post.
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    brutal1111 wrote: »
    You obviously didn't get the post.

Oh, sarcasm. I take it back b:laugh
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ahhhhh, even Rose has joined us, now something is seriously wrong :)
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009

But honestly, I think now things have gotten out of control

i can only say this :

ur so right lol :S why are u doing this pwi ?? do u want us to leave all of us?? u lost many already ... sales wont fix this when will they realise this ... i mean u wanna make money i know but ... to my idea .. make TW playable for all so all clans can atleast war .. ull keep sooooo much players then and i am sure many many good players left because of TW ... who buyed lotssssss of gold .. u dont need the events .. u need to fix the game so all can play it fully ... its up to u pwi but this is going the wrong way b:cry

i like this game i thought TW was awsomee its the thing i lvled for now im 97 i cant get a good war .. im doubting to stay or not i dont mind the event but no sales in between gold gonna be same as the server i cant refer but is the same =.= common lol who can i mail that gives me a serieus answer?? instead of we will take it in consideration because that answer i get every time and to be honest kinda easy bot reply =.=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure make gameplay better for all is the best selution maybe on long term but the best
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't agree with the current market strategy that seems to be in place at PWE right now. I have seen in game gold prices quadruple in value in a matter of only a few weeks, and this makes it difficult for players to keep up. However, the business is probably turning in a good profit and so I don't think the player base is going to be able to convince them to change their market strategy any time soon. People need to turn their attentions to finding solutions to the economy's inflation that don't involve the boutique. (Are there any??? 057_.gif) The comunity needs to be seen to be trying to come up with real solutions to the problem (yes, solutions plural - stop the sales is a single solution). I doubt the melodramatic cries of "stop it or I'll quit" are really be listened to. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well here is a question would u rather have this sale now when gold will be 400+ because of the anni packs and then gold go up more (big deal already high already) or would u rather have this sale after and keep gold prices up even after the anni event
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Well here is a question would u rather have this sale now when gold will be 400+ because of the anni packs and then gold go up more (big deal already high already) or would u rather have this sale after and keep gold prices up even after the anni event

You clearly havent studied at the PWE school of business! b:lipcurl

Obviously you need to have a sale now... then have another sale later- que statement about gold prices stabilizing once all server coins are out of circulation. b:shy
    --Retired--

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    You clearly havent studied at the PWE school of business! b:lipcurl

Obviously you need to have a sale now... then have another sale later- que statement about gold prices stabilizing once all server coins are out of circulation. b:shy

b:bye Ahira

First, this was not meant as a QQ but more of a rant. They are going to do what they are going to do. But seriously....this is just insane, to the point of being almost laughable.

And this will not rid the market of the coin circultaion, we all know that. Items that were once used for making money (like dolls) are out the window since they can be made with tokens. So the money is in the tokens which in turn lies in the Anniversary packs, which lies in the Gold prices for the many that cannot cs. It is a deadly circle in all honesty.

Once again, we will see...it is frustrating to say the least. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am not saying I like or agree with what's been going on, but it is pretty simple to understand from an economic standpoint.

Gold Prices low = Players easily grind for items with ingame coin, or buy gold through Auction House = less RL money for PWI through Zen charging.

It is in PWI's best interests to drive up ingame Gold Prices. After all, they have
    not changed the price for Zen, in fact, they give out bonuses. What is happening is that catshops have effectively become individual competing businesses that rival the PWI conglomeration. Lol, they're stepping on PWI's toes, therefore PWI is waging economic warfare to crush them. Business is, after all, business ;)

There are numerous ways to counteract this strategy, but all would involve the unification and mass cooperation of the majority of the players. And um..... have you ever tried getting even a 6-man squad to operate efficiently?