v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Poison wins this round, what my statement meant was that every item in the box isn't necessarily game breaking, which is why I asked people to tell me about the ones that they feel were. Makeup Scrolls, for example, are not the subject of the box controversy. Sorry if I was not more clear but that's what I meant b:victory

I'm sorry I haven't been in game long enough to notice it would be among the possible box items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Poison wins this round, what my statement meant was that every item in the box isn't necessarily game breaking, which is why I asked people to tell me about the ones that they feel were. Makeup Scrolls, for example, are not the subject of the box controversy. Sorry if I was not more clear but that's what I meant b:victory

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18412

Everything down starting from Championship scroll except airgear&badges. Gems could be debatable I guess but all the gear especially the cape + boots are completely game breaking.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yet at the same time they opened up the Free Zen offers?

PWI loses money on those offers if people just sign-up and cancel for the Free Zen.

People need to think and look at the entire picture before calling others "naive."
    Well... it's not entirely free, some are some aren't (even if they say it is), some a bit dodgy and some good, it's really largely based on the country you live in, mainly aimed at the US player base from what i can see atm, which kinda makes it unfair for the rest, from what I've read some people have gotten 30, 40 and even 50gold worth, while others: 0, certain countries will probably never get an offer at all.

I'm pretty sure PWI makes money from just promoting these offers, not exactly a big loss for them, otherwise they could simply hand out free gold (unlikely) and they wouldn't need to risk giving themselves a "bad image" by making these so called "free" zen offers

And i guess i might as well voice my opinion to the "You've got one month to earn coins to buy these packs" comment that you've stated so many times, well... this pretty much only applies to the rich and the lucky, you can't expect a low-mid level to just mindlessly grind 300k, 400k or even 800k (depending on server) to buy a single gold to bet his luck on getting something good.

I would assume by now that you would know what can be obtained through these packs and it just doesn't change the fact that these packs cause an extremely large gap between the fat-wallet cash-shoppers and those who don't/can't spend real cash (whether they be poor or rich, in-game or in-RL).
  • Mackai - Sanctuary
    Mackai - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for the best posts ever Falls. *Having a good laugh on how pathetic this is* <333
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2009

the equipment items, and the 10 million big notes.

just to elaborate...

events that involve luck should have limits to the rewards. like heres a box, you could get garbage or you could get a little something to help you out or have fun with, like exp scrolls, gems, oracles, mounts, charms, pet foods, people foods, even mysterious chips (in small quantities). when you throw large sums of raw cash or exclusive, elite equips into the mix it becomes unfair and not fun. it turns into a competition, which is great for gold sales, but be honest, even if you had put the BEST prize as one of the not yet released mounts... you'd still be making a fortune. and not as many people would be upset
  • Grimmjawjin - Sanctuary
    Grimmjawjin - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This update means game over for me.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    To say they don't care about players is purely speculation. To say that they are only cashing in and milking everyone is purely speculation. To say that anything is a scam is purely speculation. because the simple truth is that none of you who make these accusations can possibly know what is going on. You speculate and that is all it is.. nothing more than pure speculation. Think what you want. Be constructive with feedback. Wrongfully bashing GM's, Mods or a company is not positive, constructive and will only get you banned as mentioned.

Sigh, this is were it started, in case we go off track. If it is speculation to understand a company through the workings of economics, then it is just as much speculation to understand the natural world with the workings of science. And if that is what you wish to claim, then sure, I agree with you, "All I know, is that I know nothing".

However, since such an approach is just an appeal to ignorance (http://www.fallacyfiles.org/ignorant.html), I choose to take the practical route and use tools that have consistently worked until proven wrong. In this case, when referring to a company, it is the study of economics.
    Think of it like this:

You will ALWAYS be paying for something. In NO way is this game really F2P. Why?

Cable bill, Electricity bill, food/drinks, Headset/Microphone...should I go on?

I never argued about TANSTAAFL because NOTHING in this world is really "free" in the sense people think it is.

However, if you want to look at the "Rules of Business," (as stated in your previous reply), here is the thing:

Look at the Business Model. All of these things apply and depending how you look at it, they can apply positively or negatively.

I'm glad that you agree that nothing comes free. So then what was your point about the Free Zhen that costs quite some pains to get? (That I should be grateful?)

And how exactly does this change the fact that a firms first interest is maximizing profit?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This update means game over for me.

yea i really hate to have to admit it after having spent at least 2k on this game.. but i really dont even want to play anymore. i log on and sit there just seething. then i say **** it ill try one more time, buy another box, get 15 tokens. scream at my pc, and walk away. i love this game, but i am just so disgusted with what is going on now.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    And how exactly does this change the fact that a firms first interest is maximizing profit?

You said ^^

I stated that PWI loses money off of the majority of these offers. When players sign-up and cancel PWI still has to "pay" the companies and give away the "free" Zen.

That is all, nothing all that major. But business models are not all black and white.

I think that the Anniversary Packs is just something that every version has done and therefore why should PWI not do it as well. People want to rant about it fine, but being non-constructive in the criticism of the companies decision is fail. Especially since the reasoning for doing this event may be as simple as the head of the company saying it is the 1 year Anniversary and all other versions have done it successfully and therefore we can too.

Another post stated that many had to be blind not to see this coming and I am very inclined to go with that statement. Love it or Hate it, fact is it is here and now people have to adjust there play-style slightly to participate. Those that do not like it can leave and many who have left were going to anyway.

However, this event is no different then any other event in the QQ/Rage/Whine that goes on with things like Jolly Jones. There will NEVER be a time when ALL is happy. People want want want and when delivered whine whine whine....After-all, is it not human nature to complain about something you cannot have, something you worked hard for and someone got in a second?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sunspot - Lost City
    Sunspot - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I can imagine dialogs upcoming:

Player A: just got PKed
    Payer B: by whom?
    Payer A: Player X
    Payer B: was he wearing birthday equips?
    Player A: yeah.
    Player B: well. bad luck mate
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    yea i really hate to have to admit it after having spent at least 2k on this game.. but i really dont even want to play anymore. i log on and sit there just seething. then i say **** it ill try one more time, buy another box, get 15 tokens. scream at my pc, and walk away. i love this game, but i am just so disgusted with what is going on now.

LOL, I haven't quit yet xD. But every time I log in, I find I have nothing to do :3. Its all too expensive. I too can charge Zen, I just feel uncomfortable doing so, when things may not get any better. So I wait, and I rant on these forums. If by the end of the month, half my faction hasn't quit I might buy some boxes and maybe hope for improvements. But at the rate they are dropping, it isn't looking good.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

You said ^^

I stated that PWI loses money off of the majority of these offers. When players sign-up and cancel PWI still has to "pay" the companies and give away the "free" Zen.

That is all, nothing all that major. But business models are not all black and white.

I think that the Anniversary Packs is just something that every version has done and therefore why should PWI not do it as well. People want to rant about it fine, but being non-constructive in the criticism of the companies decision is fail. Especially since the reasoning for doing this event may be as simple as the head of the company saying it is the 1 year Anniversary and all other versions have done it successfully and therefore we can too.

Another post stated that many had to be blind not to see this coming and I am very inclined to go with that statement. Love it or Hate it, fact is it is here and now people have to adjust there play-style slightly to participate. Those that do not like it can leave and many who have left were going to anyway.

However, this event is no different then any other event in the QQ/Rage/Whine that goes on with things like Jolly Jones. There will NEVER be a time when ALL is happy. People want want want and when delivered whine whine whine....After-all, is it not human nature to complain about something you cannot have, something you worked hard for and someone got in a second?

And a company loses money when they advertise. But when it is all said and done the hope is that that advertising will pay off. It is called an investment. It is Black and White. PWI has a deal with these people, that neither you or I are privy too. It stands to reason by the basic rules of economics that they wouldn't have said deal if at some point or another it didn't pay off. Black and White.

Keep in mind that PR is an investment too, and investing in the players is too. So long as they think that in the end it will pay off.

Edit: And to tie this in with my post long ago, it seems like PWI is investing more in the short term at this moment as opposed to long term stability.
  • gyurunkwaze
    gyurunkwaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    we have a lot of tickets to answer, please sit tight and we'll answer yours as soon as we can. Make sure not to submit another ticket because that will bump your e-mail to the bottom of our list b:victory

ok thanks, i wait
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOL, I haven't quit yet xD. But every time I log in, I find I have nothing to do :3. Its all too expensive. I too can charge Zen, I just feel uncomfortable doing so, when things may not get any better. So I wait, and I rant on these forums. If by the end of the month, half my faction hasn't quit I might buy some boxes and maybe hope for improvements. But at the rate they are dropping, it isn't looking good.
    Pretty much people are doing the same thing. Personally, the "grinding" group that I was in and we were doing 2-3/3-2/3-3 daily and lunar 1-2 times a week just quit. Game's not worth it, simply waste of time.
  • Mantas - Sanctuary
    Mantas - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You said ^^

tell me, do non CS players got this event? Can they participate? Nope. Or yeah they can buy few boxes. That's all. So this so called event is for who? And if ur not a veno and u not using a credit card, its not so easy 2 get coins
    b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:cuteb:victoryb:thanks
    No, i just LOVE these smiles
    and...
    yes, my english sucks but if u able to answer to my post than u understood what i wanted to say b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    And a company loses money when they advertise. But when it is all said and done the hope is that that advertising will pay off. It is called an investment. It is Black and White. PWI has a deal with these people, that neither you or I are privy too. It stands to reason by the basic rules of economics that they wouldn't have said deal if at some point or another it didn't pay off. Black and White.

Keep in mind that PR is an investment too, and investing in the players is too. So long as they think that in the end it will pay off.

Business is NEVER black and white and if you think that I am sorry. b:surrender
    tell me, do non CS players got this event? Can they participate? Nope. Or yeah they can buy few boxes. That's all. So this so called event is for who? And if ur not a veno and u not using a credit card, its not so easy 2 get coins

Sorry, but it is easy to make $$ in this game. People who say that cannot or that it is too hard...well, better learn to play.

Example --- Roll and alt, play to about level 20 (NOT hard) and sell the dq or npc it for cash. Level it up higher and you get better $$. If not want to do that, you can grind, farm or buy low and sell high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mantas - Sanctuary
    Mantas - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not everyone can play 8h+ per day to grind. Others have a rl too (im not saying that its addressed to you). I can make 1-1.5mil per day grinding but it gets too boring and i need upgrade my armor, skills too.
    b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:cuteb:victoryb:thanks
    No, i just LOVE these smiles
    and...
    yes, my english sucks but if u able to answer to my post than u understood what i wanted to say b:victory
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Business is NEVER black and white and if you think that I am sorry. b:surrender

And your proof?

Actually, I think you and I may have different interpretations of the term "Black and White". What I mean to say by that is that it is simple. Everything can be explained logically through economic study. No esoteric rituals, or mystical voodoo here, no gray areas of morality. When you look back at it, it is just numbers.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I can imagine dialogs upcoming:

Player A: just got PKed
    Payer B: by whom?
    Payer A: Player X
    Payer B: was he wearing birthday equips?
    Player A: yeah.
    Player B: well. bad luck mate
    Player A: should of invested in the birthday chests i guess
    Player B: yes you really should have noob b:victory
    Player A: well I figured I could over come it all with skill
    Player B: skill? skill? skill? if you could over come it with skill then you would have won instead of losing
    Player A: dude dont be so harsh on me please I wasnt fortunate enough to put my parents into bankruptcy by buying $2000 worth of birthday boxes
    Player B: i didnt put my parents into debt but I did charge $300 to their accounts b:victory ☆Darkslayers, Obliteration FTW!b:victory
    Player A: you are a real @%*hole you know
    Player B: Oh and btw, I was the one that Pked you b:victory
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I assume it would earn more by being user friendly and more flexible.
    Company doesnt look like its doing that atm. Just like a lot of people have said... seems like a desperate attempt to earn money quickly before the giant fall. I will try to add gold but just for basic and necesary stuff IF I STILL FIND IT FUN TO PLAY EVEN. Even so, Harshlands has gone crazy. Things are really weird. Not only that. Now Wraith announcements are wrong. Duke is spamming, cant read a single thing in whispers with that blue color... and market is nuts. For 50+ lvls I have managed the conception of some effort to get certain item. Now its all gone to ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
    edited September 2009
    Though It was already discussed before I'll point few possible measures to change game balance without changing the event:

1. [suggested by another player] make the "unwelcome" box drops possible quest rewards.
    to discuss: repeatable quests? for what level players? random rewards or to be chosen when handing out? won't high level gems avaibility make the in-game purchase/upgrading of gems unappealing (it costs 74 billion coins to make a diamond of dragon and takes 2 years at the jewelcraftsman)?

2. make the gear (and final items made through the materials) be avaiable through in-game Rank item sales. The Rank gear is avable according to the player's rank which is based on reputation.
    to discuss: change reputation required for every rank to make higher ranks more "possible"? what about the reputation gathered through the event?

3. change the drop rate of rare TT/FF/LV materials and difficulty of the bosses, making the materials easier to get and making the final items broadly avaiable.
    to discuss: would that make these dungeons too easy and unchallenging?

4. releasing speed upgrades for 11m/s mounts and 3m/s flying mounts, releasing faster mounts in order to make cash shop mounts more appealing.
    to discuss: what about the slower mounts avaiable at the boutique and their upgrades which lost value?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    And your proof?

Actually, I think you and I may have different interpretations of the term "Black and White". What I mean to say by that is that it is simple. Everything can be explained logically through economic study. No esoteric rituals, or mystical voodoo here, no gray areas of morality. When you look back at it, it is just numbers.

Too many factors in business for it to be cut and dry. If you seriously think that business is a Black and White venture, then you have been very much uninformed. I can list some factors for you: state of the economy, the different types of "customers," socio-economic status, demographics.

This is the reason businesses change there models and ways of doing things. IF it was black and white/cut and dry...ALL businesses would operate the exact same way and all would be huge successes or huge failures.

Additionally, IF cut and dry there would not be SOOO many different models of business: (few examples)

# Auction business model
    # Bricks and clicks business model
    # Collective business models
    # Cutting out the middleman model
    # Direct sales model
    # Distribution business models, various
    # Franchise
    # Freemium business model
    # Industrialization of services business model
    # Low-cost carrier business model
    # Loyalty business models
    # Monopolistic business model
    # Multi-level marketing business model
    # Network effects business model
    # Online auction business model
    # Online content business model
    # Premium business model
    # Professional open-source model
    # Pyramid scheme business model
    # Razor and blades business model (bait and hook)
    # Servitization of products business model
    # Subscription business model
    Not everyone can play 8h+ per day to grind. Others have a rl too (im not saying that its addressed to you). I can make 1-1.5mil per day grinding but it gets too boring and i need upgrade my armor, skills too.

I have a full time job and a life b:victory

Never said it was easy, said it was possible and doable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2009

End game weapons, super-tomes, Stone of the Savant and Primeval Stones.

The things that give others an unfair advantage in PK/TW just because their parents don't check their credit card statements.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Too many factors in business for it to be cut and dry. If you seriously think that business is a Black and White venture, then you have been very much uninformed. I can list some factors for you: state of the economy, the different types of "customers," socio-economic status, demographics.

This is the reason businesses change there models and ways of doing things. IF it was black and white/cut and dry...ALL businesses would operate the exact same way and all would be huge successes or huge failures.

Additionally, IF cut and dry there would not be SOOO many different models of business: (few examples)

# Auction business model
    # Bricks and clicks business model
    # Collective business models
    # Cutting out the middleman model
    # Direct sales model
    # Distribution business models, various
    # Franchise
    # Freemium business model
    # Industrialization of services business model
    # Low-cost carrier business model
    # Loyalty business models
    # Monopolistic business model
    # Multi-level marketing business model
    # Network effects business model
    # Online auction business model
    # Online content business model
    # Premium business model
    # Professional open-source model
    # Pyramid scheme business model
    # Razor and blades business model (bait and hook)
    # Servitization of products business model
    # Subscription business model

Numbers, numbers, numbers.

There are so many models because it is so well studied. Once again an appeal to ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

"Commonly in an argument from personal incredulity or argument from ignorance, the speaker considers or asserts that something is false, implausible, or not obvious to them personally [PWI's Business Decisions] and attempts to use this gap in knowledge as "evidence" in favor of an alternative view of his or her choice. Examples of these fallacies are often found in statements of opinion which begin: "It is hard to see how...," "I cannot understand how...," or "it is obvious that..." (if "obvious" is being used to introduce a conclusion rather than specific evidence in support of a particular view)."

I am sorry that you cannot see things clearly (Black and White), it doesn't make your point that...What was your point?...That I shouldn't criticize the company?...Well...Whatever, it doesn't make it more correct.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

the two of you need your own thread b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    4. releasing speed upgrades for 11m/s mounts and 3m/s flying mounts, releasing faster mounts in order to make cash shop mounts more appealing.
    to discuss: what about the slower mounts avaiable at the boutique and their upgrades which lost value?

I know several people buy things just to be different. As many AnnyHounds I saw last night those people won't be satisfied with the free mount. Anyone who didn't have a mount and got a free one was never going to buy a mount anyway... Having "even faster" mounts is just going to go right back into the endless circle of someone complaining because big spending cash shoppers get to have faster mounts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    memorandum
    book abstract
    Ladies, mind dueling in game instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Ladies, mind dueling in game instead?

Mind giving me a character in LC? xD b:victory
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So Spoons can we atleast get some insight on how your fact gathering or information gathering is coming along I for one dont like being left in the dark on such a matter that seems to be high priority for majority of the players of PW. People have offered up some very intelligent solutions to not only this but other issues within PW game play. The very least u could do is give us a rundown of the possible solutions you are going to take to your bosses. After almost 1500 posts it all seems to just be repeating the same ideas in different ways. We would like to hear from you or someone on this matter.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ._." why couldn't this event have lasted 1 day, not even married couples have an anniversery a whole month ._.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
This discussion has been closed.