v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    :D i like your summery , but what was you suggestion i think i may have missed it through out the 100+ posts :ob:surrender

My suggestion was to introduce a proper coin sink to balance out with the the quality of items you can only get with gold. I'd love an NPC that sells charms at 400K and GAs at 50K. It actually doesn't really matter what the sink is so long as its worth using, otherwise no one in their right mind would do anything with Coin other than try to buy Gold, and no one would do anything with Gold other than Pop those Packs.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    :D i like your summery , but what was you suggestion i think i may have missed it through out the 100+ posts :ob:surrender
    1471+ to be exact, 75535 Page views alsob:laugh
    It actually doesn't really matter what the sink is so long as its worth using, otherwise no one in their right mind would do anything with Coin other than try to buy Gold, and no one would do anything with Gold other than Pop those Packs.

I agree on this more than the other posts, coin is gonna become obsolite because everyone will just buy the Gold. Yea sure you can continue killing monsters to get coins to turn them into gold. But guess what? All those drops the monsters drop will be able to turn them into coins which you will then turn to gold. And just continue the cycle. Guess what else? All these duke shouts are gonna be the proof that people will be unstopable on killing the monsters.
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My suggestion was to introduce a proper coin sink to balance out with the the quality of items you can only get with gold. I'd love an NPC that sells charms at 400K and GAs at 50K. It actually doesn't really matter what the sink is so long as its worth using, otherwise no one in their right mind would do anything with Coin other than try to buy Gold, and no one would do anything with Gold other than Pop those Packs.

I think that's a great idea, Falls!
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    "We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away."

Chuang Tzu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    "We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away."

Chuang Tzu

Dude.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • RedCat - Heavens Tear
    RedCat - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm well aware that after close to 1500 replies there is nothing to be said that will be new on this thread, and in about 1 hour or less my response will be swallowed by the huge amount of future replies...

I wanted to write a long and thoughtful post about my personal view over this matter, but I realized that spending so much time and mind cell energy is just not worth it...

PW just did what big companies do... take a product from someone else and just make the most money you can out of it, no matter how much damage you do on the way.

I wont even try to talk about finances, enough of that on this thread already- no flaming either, enough of that too.

I'm just sad of those last attempts to squeeze money from the community, sad I can't play this game anymore because I never played enough to make tons of money or trade for lots of gold. A few months ago it meant I was a lil behind on gear, equipment and maybe a skill or two... Lately it means I can basically afford npc sold items, and maybe molds- nothing that remotely relates to gold.

I still have friends here though, I'll drop by to say hi once in a while.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    -wall of text here-

2556756.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm well aware that after close to 1500 replies there is nothing to be said that will be new on this thread, and in about 1 hour or less my response will be swallowed by the huge amount of future replies...

10charrrrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The macros are neither witty, nor funny. They're a bigger nuisance than the people who are rightfully voicing their concerns and opinions.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The macros are neither witty, nor funny. They're a bigger nuisance than the people who are rightfully voicing their concerns and opinions.

macros b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tired-of-social-networking.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited September 2009
    Options
    macros b:question

The pictures you've suddenly decided to spam us with.

So, Spoons. Any new developments of information you could share with us?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The pictures you've suddenly decided to spam us with.

WorldsSmallestViolin.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Options
    Yup, that's about the level of maturity to expect from you. Guess school's out and the kids are on forum.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Try to take the spamming down a notch please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Got a Email from in regards to my Harrassement ticket about the DUKE... Yes i really did send one...............
    "Thank you for notifying us about the issue. We appreciate all the reports! We have noted several requests to disable many part of chat including System Announcements, World Chat, Faction Invites, Marriage Announcements, etc. If you have further chat ideas, please contact us again. You can also send us .jpeg screenshots of your ideas too."
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yup, that's about the level of maturity to expect from you. Guess school's out and the kids are on forum.

and how old are you? i happen to be a grown adult, i just plain don't give a damn b:cute

GiveADamn.gif
    Got a Email from in regards to my Harrassement ticket about the DUKE... Yes i really did send one...............
    "Thank you for notifying us about the issue. We appreciate all the reports! We have noted several requests to disable many part of chat including System Announcements, World Chat, Faction Invites, Marriage Announcements, etc. If you have further chat ideas, please contact us again. You can also send us .jpeg screenshots of your ideas too."

i lol'd
    andracil wrote: »
    Try to take the spamming down a notch please.

will do madam andracil b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They don't even need to put the CS items on a vendor for coin, just something that can substitute.

I said the same thing in another post, that's somewhere in the middle of this thread, change the instant heal orbs from apothecary potions from 1-X heals to X heal, they're currently 1-2k, 1-4k, 1-6k. Change the cooldown to something allowing for quick reuse such as 8 seconds. From there place those potions and the Jade Powder line of potions on NPC's. Decide on a break even gold price such as 175k, 250k, etc... then take the coin:hp/mp ratio of a charm (bronze would probably be the best to use balance wise, gold for what players most commonly use), multiply it by how much the potions give and sell the potions at that amount. If a price of 150k gold were decided on for example, it would mean 2k heal and 3k mana potions would sell at 2400 coin, 4k heal/6k mana at 4800 coin, and 6k heal/9k mana at 7200 coin. That would provide a sufficient quick heal like what a hp charm gives, and enough sustainable mana for when it's needed while still giving the advantage to charms.

A similar thing could be done with GA's, by making a coin bought version that prevents shattered gear and item drops, but doesn't prevent exp loss, again priced at a desired gold:coin rate. That would help a lot with things basically coming to a standstill when gold prices get too high, by not only providing an alternative, but also activating a coin sink when the market says too many coins are floating around.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    keep the spam and this thread will be locked soon. in fact it's already being ignored for this very reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Economy needs a coin sink, in whatever form. period.

As for the l33tz gears being handed out...theres nothing they can do other than rollback (b:bye) or start new servers b:thanks
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
    edited September 2009
    Options

Whoo hoo! LoL! This is awesome! Now if we could just get the original whisper color back as well!
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

O.O omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i looove that idea , they could put them with the res scrolls? charms are 1.2mil in ht atm. did a TT 1-2 last night and new charm droppped from 900000 to 720k :si can't afford to get another at 1.2mil so i guess ill have to stop playng my cleric.=/
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tired-of-social-networking.jpg

OMG O.o

SOOO CUTE <3

i finally finished verifying/ updating my client (after many hours)... yeah it was sure another huge patch -_-

btw, i was shocked, when the new patch gave me the message:
    file folder corrupted
    select file verification

or something like that, which didn't let me play for a day ~

but, well... patch 2 FTW ^^

too bad it's midnight now, i'll try to play again tomorrow... maybe ~

PWI <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why use charms then? You already have cheaper alternatives for MP.

Event food, dropped potions (varies by gold price, usually cheaper currently), 10 min regen powder (not enough on it's own since it's cut to 25% in combat, yet still cheaper), jade powder types are all less coin per mp than charms, infact it's been so since about 205k gold (except dropped potions, that's recent).

The other alternative is to use BB less. In 1-2 the only thing that needs it really is Soul Banisher, LoP has a slow enough reuse on his ae that a good barb can catch most of them (or genies, or bm's, or venos), what he doesn't catch won't kill people that are smart about how they shard gear and are high enough level to have opened it in the first place.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    keep the spam and this thread will be locked soon. in fact it's already being ignored for this very reason.

actually they'll probably be banned or blocked in someway O. o it can't really be tolerated atm
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    actually they'll probably be banned or blocked in someway O. o it can't really be tolerated atm

but then i'd be banned b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

If it's ignored, how do you explain my posting here? ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    is this thread done, cus i for one actually want to play the gameb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    is this thread done, cus i for one actually want to play the gameb:victory

you are more than welcome to play the game but you might not like the results of some things. sadly.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    grats GriffinJ, on post number 1,500 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.