Options
    yeah ik like i said then depression oh well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Amen.

I understand the PvPers are gonna get bit even harder, 'cause the high lvl idiots that have Daddy's VISA are gonna have bigger guns now, and can now 1-shot anything that moves *faster* as they sit outside West Arch.

That's a player problem, made worse by Capitalism. <shrugs> This is what we have to put up with to have a free game.

But on PvE, you don't have that. You have TW. Yes, there will be bigger guns in their hands now, but they are all scattered evenly across the server. Players who thow cash into the game will always have better gear than those who don't, regardless of what promotion PW is running this week (or not).

As for people complaining about "people paying for what took me months to get" - did they take yours away?

If you buy a new car, and then the guy down the street gets the same car (with a factory rebate) 3 weeks later - do you go chew out the car dealer? Do you then leave your car on the side of the road and swear off driving because you're not the only one with a Nova on the road anymore?

Sigh.

People are either going to panic and run squealing, or stay. Maybe the ones who stay will be stable.

RedMenace
    \snort

First, i agree 100% with this, and i just want to add a little more. first, i dont know why all of you are complaining about the patch when it JUST CAME OUT! second, this reminds me of the DQ mount event, when that came out all of the people who got their mounts "the hard way" complained about how people can now just buy them.

my point?- just because you "worked hard" to get your lv 90 armor, or what ever it is, dont think that people dont work to get the money to buy the new packs in the CS weather in game or irl. (im not a cash user though b:victory) and for the people who are saying that the gm's arn't doing anything, well they are trying to do the best that they can (im sure they'll agree =)) but spamming the forums and all of this other goofy stuff is unnessary, either quit (there will be more non-complainers to replace you) or stay and get over it.

that is all, have a nice day b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I use and do them both. I purely grinded from lvl 59-73 aside form dailies.

I *used* them, and *grinded* too, just that these days there is no need to, because there are much more efficient/fun ways to get XP (To PWIs Credit b:victory) than just grinding.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    First, i agree 100% with this, and i just want to add a little more. first, i dont know why all of you are complaining about the patch when it JUST CAME OUT! second, this reminds me of the DQ mount event, when that came out all of the people who got their mounts "the hard way" complained about how people can now just buy them.

my point?- just because you "worked hard" to get your lv 90 armor, or what ever it is, dont think that people dont work to get the money to buy the new packs in the CS weather in game or irl. (im not a cash user though b:victory) and for the people who are saying that the gm's arn't doing anything, well they are trying to do the best that they can (im sure they'll agree =)) but spamming the forums and all of this other goofy stuff is unnessary, either quit (there will be more non-complainers to replace you) or stay and get over it.

that is all, have a nice day b:bye

This kind of non-argument reads like this:

"I don't care if you have a problem with it, Shut-Up."

So your point is that you don't care that people feel bad? Yes, I got that.b:bye
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've been trying to keep quiet but I have to say something. Consider that you have one main admin who is in charge of compiling all feedback, tallying concerns that are repeated, and putting together a report. Now would that admin(myself) have an easier time sorting through 5 or more pages of forums to find solid feedback? Or would it be easier for it all to be in one thread?

5 pages. Then you can just use Firefox and tab each thread
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • _Ethereal_ - Lost City
    _Ethereal_ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The problem with that analogy on the car, is that there are still better cars out there, that you may want very badly. This sale is giving away all the end game gear with little effort in the game. END GAME gear, the stuff that is the current best. Just given away at the sliding of a credit card. People don't need to work hard for their end game gear anymore, they just need a fat wallet. For hardcore gamers this is a ****ing kick in the nuts.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    112 pages..

Anything resolved?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

Billy Mays Love You
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nope just info gathering and me twiddleing my thumbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nope just info gathering and me twiddleing my thumbs

Cool.

I'm gonna go sleep now. My mouth hurts. b:shedtear

<3 you spoons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This kind of non-argument reads like this:

"I don't care if you have a problem with it, Shut-Up."

So your point is that you don't care that people feel bad? Yes, I got that.b:bye

Well im sorry that you feel like that, but i just feel that everything in life is not "free" and that people pay in different ways (weather paying real money, questing, or farming)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

When thread after thread is created, he'll have 5, then 10, then 15 tabs. Inefficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is like this

Say a college student enrolls he works for 4 years to graduate.

Now a freshman starts on College Student's senior year. The Dean says pay us this much and we will give you the diploma now.

Does that really seem fair, Spoons and Panada?
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well im sorry that you feel like that, but i just feel that everything in life is not "free" and that people pay in different ways (weather paying real money, questing, or farming)

Nothing in life is free. b:mischievous

Certainly fun isn't free in this Free to Play game. The problem is that for those without Gold, the price for fun just quadrupled. b:cute
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    When thread after thread is created, he'll have 5, then 10, then 15 tabs. Inefficient.

I have 30 opened right now.

5 facebooks
    3 PWI
    10 College Website
    10-11 Dont need to know what kind (I am a guy guess b:chuckle)
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've been trying to keep quiet but I have to say something. Consider that you have one main admin who is in charge of compiling all feedback, tallying concerns that are repeated, and putting together a report. Now would that admin(myself) have an easier time sorting through 5 or more pages of forums to find solid feedback? Or would it be easier for it all to be in one thread?

Get them to rollback and remove Lunar(End game weapons) and we are good as gold.

Adding those to the cash shop prizes just made the game completely unbalanced.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nothing in life is free. b:mischievous

Certainly fun isn't free in this Free to Play game. The problem is that for those without Gold, the price for fun just quadrupled. b:cute

that i agree withb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    don't go off-topic. that's 1 more reason for them to get rid of this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • ClericsRage - Heavens Tear
    ClericsRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok well im a pretty low level to be worring about chash shop but they really should just have a nice event where for a quest you can get cash shop money for like maybe a week or so.... i bet that could lower the price on the game for awhile even if you like only get one for the quest. (i have a feeling somebody is totally gonna disagree with me but idc b:laugh)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As for people complaining about "people paying for what took me months to get" - did they take yours away?

Actually? YES. They did. They took every bit of my effort in Frostcovered City away. Now, with the Frostcovered Stamps, anyone can pay for what I lost.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

true, anyone can buy a few gold with real money then sell it for double the price and use in-game coin to purchase more. If someone used a credit card and bought 5 gold when in-game prices were 120k and sold for double that during these events..the in-game coin would build up making it less necessary to spend any more real money on gold. A 1 time payer could easily become a non-payer with the right marketing strategy. Those who grind for what they want also pay with long hours that are taken away from real life activities such as family time, taking your kids to the park to play etc. Long hours playing that in fact builds up in-game coin to purchase the gold from those who do pay. Because those who buy gold with real life money have to make money off that gold to profit themselves. So everybody pays in some way or another.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well seems like all the GMs are busy shifting through info and all the players are reapeating old stuff and all the anger and heat if gone now its just mellow saddness maybe thats just me but it will be interesting to see what they do GMs i love u guys no one gives u neough credit hope u can force ur will and fix this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TamerOfGods - Sanctuary
    TamerOfGods - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think a Gold Selling NPC would control the Gold prices. The developer would set the price at X00k (lets say 200k) and that sets a price limit and takes care of the high gold prices.
    While You can still trade Gold at competitive price at Auction House.
    Just an idea... b:surrender
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    oh yeah i dont even feel like playing i'm just checking forums and hoping a solution is announced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im the same way here, its not worth login on anymore when u see gold at 400k each WTF really SALE after SALE after SALE damn just stop already.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Mani stop the QQ, nobody cares what you say b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think a Gold Selling NPC would control the Gold prices. The developer would set the price at X00k (lets say 200k) and that sets a price limit and takes care of the high gold prices.
    While You can still trade Gold at competitive price at Auction House.
    Just an idea... b:surrender

a gold selling npc would generate no money for the company. They would eventually bankrupt and fold. No money to run servers, create content and update hardware. The problem is not those who buy gold with money. Its not those who by gold with in-game coin. The problem is the people selling it in AH for insane prices. PWI did not increase gold prices. The ones selling it in AH trying to get rich fast are the problem. They complain about the non-payers when its non payers who buys their gold from them in the AH creating profit for those who bought gold with real money.
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    just some thoughts on ways to "balance" the game for non cash shop users after todays events will take a lot to "balance" the game again for non cash shoppers.
    1. make items from cash shop available in game thru a quest. ie. charms, dragon orbs,telecoustics teleports stones etc. for example lvl 1-40 talk to NPC obtain quest to kill 1000 of said mob to obtain a bronze spirit charm that IS UNTRADABLE much like the ones u get from stash box an elders at early lvls.
    2.Set a gold standard by placing a limit on amt of gold that can be sold daily and place a price limit on the said gold...ie. gold sale limited to 5 per acct daily and price of said gold to be no more than 120k per on any given day.
    3. Slow the "cash shop" events..this means STOP the weekly and weekend sales limit them to once a month i know this will mean lower profits for PWI but so does 1000's of players leaving the game permanently.
    4. Fix the imbalance this latest patch has created...this means make it go away take the anniversary boxes out of the cash shop an have them drop from regular mobs so atleast EVERYONE will have a chance to obtain lvl 95+ uber gear not just those who have fat wallets either in game or in RL
    5. Have more events geared toward new players an old timers alike..this means more xp bonus events if they only for an hour a day or so, have more wraith events at different locations at the same time, this prevents lvl 70+ at lvl 20 wraith event killing every mob in sight thus allowing lvl 20-30s to get full chance at drops from the mobs, have special events that drop special items be creative with the drops, or do u need me to tell u wat to put in there too? put in the drops from special mobs like the mp/hp recovery from Jolly Jones events an dont have these mobs just appear in one location place them outside every town on the map so the place isnt so lagged u cant move.
    6. Increase the drop rates in special instances where more than one player is needed to complete said instance..ie. Twilight Temple you go in with 6 players kill 5 bosses walk out with 30 mats, you go in with 4 players kill the same 5 bosses walk out with 20 mats this means the drop rate is relative to the number of people in the squad. This will make items such as TT armor weapons easier to obtain an will make people want to go in there an tick away their charms for 2 hours or more.The aforementioned drop rate doesnt apply to special gold mats for obvious reasons those need to remain a rare drop.
    7. Increase drop rates from normal mobs folks get tired of spending an hour grinding then they go in to repair their equipment only to find out for their hour of hard work an effort they went 1k in the hole cause the drops sucked an now have to dip into savings to finish repairing their gear.Im not saying the drop rates need to be so high we are making 3-400k per hour at lvl 10 but when it costs so much to repair ur gear esp if ur a barb/blade who are constantly being hit by the mobs would be nice to atleast see a small profit once in a while considering later skills cost 3 million in coins to learn. its sad when u can get 3million in spirit before u can get 3million in coin.

I am sure these suggestions will fall on deaf ears at some point in their travels. It has become overwhelmingly apparent to many long time players their efforts an time spent ingame is now worth $1 USD. If u want that uber gear dont actually play the game..charge enuff zen and its yours. If you want that super special citrine gem to imbue into ur gear dont bother grinding for the coin to buy the shards an make it yourself...charge enuff zen and it IS YOURS. I really looked forward to the one year anniversary of PWI until I actually downloaded the patch and seen wat had been done now I just regret spending a year of my time devoted to the corporate greed that is in place at PWI Headquarters
  • Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    l0rdy0shi wrote: »
    I for one will actively refuse to participate in the Anniversary Box event. Gold prices doubled literally overnight. If the devs really cared about the gold exchange, they would have made the box available for IN-GAME COINS ONLY, not like Jolly with the GAs. It's not like the gold would get any lower than 180k/ea what with the stupid chest of coins addition...

You know, this is pretty much what I was thinking when I logged in shortly after the maintenance. They claimed they did Jolly Jones to help rid the in game economy of the excess coin that seems to be laying around. I think that it would have made a lot more sense to achieve that goal by making the Anniversary Boxes available through various NPCs for in game coin rather than making it a cash shop item which does not do anything but drain gold from the economy.

Gold prices did not double overnight, though. Gold prices doubled in the span of less than 2 hours after the servers came back up.

I am disappointed that PWE elected to essentially shut out a portion of its player base that simply do not have the finances to be able to purchase the Anniversary Boxes, either through the use of gold or through the use of in game coin. But, oh well... they did what they thought was best for them.
  • ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver
    ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    when are people going to finally stop sculding the GM's??? its not them people, but the dev's can bite my shiny citrine glowing assb:thanks and even if they removed this stupid event whats done is done, people will be walking around with uber **** regardless when this event ends cause they spent money to become good instead of working for it. if anything PLEASE MAKE A NEW SERVER OR 2, PVP AND PVE AFTER THE SALE IS OVER SO ONCE AGAIN THE NEW SERVER WILL BE FRESH, NEW AND COMPLETELY FAIR AS IT USE TO BE, and so people wont be walking around with 700m coin on them *cough*b:shutupb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.