v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• TamerOfGods - Sanctuary
    TamerOfGods - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    a gold selling npc would generate no money for the company. They would eventually bankrupt and fold. No money to run servers, create content and update hardware. The problem is not those who buy gold with money. Its not those who by gold with in-game coin. The problem is the people selling it in AH for insane prices. PWI did not increase gold prices. The ones selling it in AH trying to get rich fast are the problem. They complain about the non-payers when its non payers who buys their gold from them in the AH creating profit for those who bought gold with real money.

.No , it won't. It will just set a limit to the price. If Gold is selling for 190k, players won't buy from NPC, they will buy from AH and keep the whole system going as it was before. Its just a price limiter. b:cute
  • Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They should have made the anniversary packs drop from mobs

This would have been very interesting, actually. Or even do like they did with all that chocolate stuff during the Christmas events... have it randomly pop up when harvesting mines.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This thread is getting boring.
    FACE IT!! BUY GOLD OR GTFO.

Complain 100 times will not make things disappearb:cry

P.S 2 warsouls and over 50 lunars in HLb:shocked
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver
    ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This would have been very interesting, actually. Or even do like they did with all that chocolate stuff during the Christmas events... have it randomly pop up when harvesting mines.

lol no cause still, people would be getting uber stuff when others spent months to get just a few mats, they need to change the rewards completely, maybe gold charms? and clothes? the lobster mount isnt bad to add in it...but lunar??? FCT??? Legendary??? Mysterious Chips??? aww common, you meany devsb:sadand dev bossb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The big boutique items that high gold prices cause an adverse effect on the game are hp/mp charms and ga's, maybe something else that I can't think of.

Why not add ingame alternatives to these with a price set at lets say 170k, so that when gold passes that point, players will more likely use substitutes instead. Examples of substitutes:
    HP Charms - Samsara Orb, Principle Orb, and Transform Powder changed from a 1-X heal to X heal. Cooldown reduced to 4 seconds, number gained per manufacture boosted from 5 to whatever value is good (8 or 10 I think). Also, sell these on an NPC at 2720/5440/8160 coin each (1.36 coin/hp, that's the ratio of a bronze hp charm at 170k gold... ignoring the 2% AH fee)

MP Charms - Double yeild on jade powder and it's similar potions. Same idea as for MP. Cooldowns can remain as they are though. Change the vendor sold mp potions to the same value as hp potions (cuts cost in half I think). Add Jade Powder and so on to NPC's, use the same formula to find prices to sell at. Using Jade Powder as the example again, 3000 mana returned, 170k gold goal=.8 (cost of bronze charm)*170,000 (cost of gold)=136000 coin/150,000 (total mp on a bronze charm)=.9067 coin per mp. 3000*.9067=2720 coin for each potion. Do the same thing for other ranks of these, I imagine it would end up at the same pricing as HP restores seeing as how the lowest hp/mana potions come to the same cost.

GA's - 170,000*.27=45900 coin (really *.29, the bulk GA pricing is dumb) to buy an item that prevents gear from dropping on death and shattered gear and is consumed just like a GA. Essentially, the same thing except it wouldn't prevent exp loss.

Maybe this is a dumb idea, but I think that would help with essential CS items when gold is high. Most things are optional, but at least for those on pvp servers, ga's and hp charms aren't, so high gold costs has a detrimental effect on gameplay. This may address that by capping player expenses while not outright capping gold and allowing for a potential coin sink.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    FACE IT!! BUY GOLD OR GTFO.

P.S 2 warsouls and over 50 lunars in HLb:shocked

HT has 2 warsouls so far?? any proof??? i'd loveee to seeb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Right. PWI know nothing about gaming. But they sure as heck obviously know how to keep paying for the *expenses* of developing, producing, advertising and RUNNING multiple servers by providing a game that is free to play, and only costs money to play A CHOICE for the players.

Sure, maybe there were some items they shouldn't have put in the anniversary packs. But what are the REAL odds of getting those items? I haven't seen ONE person that's gotten the end-game stuff (not personally). I've just seen a whole lot of Duke Splatter about Best of Luck tokens and Charms. I'm a little hurt that the Rich are getting richer by getting items they can turn around and sell for MORE millions, while I get nothing, but so be it. I haven't spent a single real dollar on this game *yet* (probably will eventually though).

But anyway... Yeah - they don't know nothin. b:shutupb:cry

define endgame stuff...do you even know it when you see an announcement for endgame stuff?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    warsoul weapons or those necklaces?
  • TamerOfGods - Sanctuary
    TamerOfGods - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    FACE IT!! SAY SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE OR GTFO.

Yes, Indeed!
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hear they are capping gold, but cant find the forum of anything being said abt it, is this true or what?
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hear they are capping gold, but cant find the forum of anything being said abt it, is this true or what?

why would they cap it??? people are getting filthy fillllllllllllthy rich off the gold market, and PWE is making a killing from people buyin gold cause they can sell for 400-500k, why would the dev's cap it lol?? u think they really care about the non CS playersb:cryb:angryb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it caps at 999999 :D
  • KittyAngelX - Dreamweaver
    KittyAngelX - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    anniversarypack.jpg

this is what we are talking about they get them within 15 sec.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    anniversarypack.jpg

this is what we are talking about they get them within 15 sec.

couldnt they also opened about 30-40boxes back to back? getting those 3 things within 30-40boxes is even odds, nothing special lol. some1 named bigjcone or something got 2/3 mounts and the defense lvl gems back to back >< lucky ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it caps at 999999 :D

What?? Its over 9-

Ok nevermind..
  • Club_pure - Heavens Tear
    Club_pure - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL at the catshop scammers advertising perfect tokens, but are actually selling the regular token of luck for 4.6m.

Hilarious and pathetic at the same time.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    cybluerr wrote: »
    What?? Its over 9-

Ok nevermind..

Over9000Full.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    like me, several f2p players acquire p2p items with in-game currency being the real CS customer the reseller. without free players who would sell gold, after all?

the real problem begun with the chest of coins. would there be few free players buying gold through coins the gold price would be very, very low. for some reason it was decided that the gold prices were too low and CS players had to get more coins for selling it. then they made the chest of coins... and the f2p pillar that would keep the economy controlled mostly by players was broken permanently.

being this event the following step against free players the message is clear: free players are allowed to purchase cash shop items through coins no longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I honestly cba to read through 1xx pages, so i stopped at 14 and im gonna post my thoughts. I honestly think this event is alright. There are some good parts, and some bad parts.

Goods:

I can easily obtain my 79 skills now, thanks to apocalypse pages being available. No need to spend hours and hours in fb89 farming those pages, or spending 300k per page. I obtained 20 pages for half of what i would two or three days ago. Also, Flawless shard prices dropped considerably, making my EQ alot sweeter once i can afford the money to buy them.

Bads:

Lunar Glade. Perfect Shards. Frost Covered. I can't believe it. Now, all the factions which own land will just increase the gap between factions which don't. They get weekly pay in which they can buy gold and get closer to achieving better equipment. Its pretty ridiculous at how overpowered they can become.
  • HunnyBunny - Harshlands
    HunnyBunny - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just a question to the GMs...

Will it still be possible to trade tokens at the boutique agent after the event ends? Or will the tokens become "useless" until the next event of that kind?
  • OOmesuOo - Sanctuary
    OOmesuOo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    never seen a gift you pay for b:chuckle
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What kitty, others have noticed is this..

We tested these anniversary packs. It takes 1 second for the item to transfer before you press another... For people to get 3 like the screen shot or as many as 6-8 as we have seen in 30 seconds (which that one was done under) is flat out impossible if the items are rare.....

It flat out is not humanly possible.... no human at the drop rate these supposedly are to get can possibly click that fast to get upwards of 8 in 30 seconds.... that is 40 million gold in one minute.... let's be real.. we have dozens upon dozens of then in shout...

If the gms review the in game server logs on all of the garbage on duke, you might be surprised given they would be timestamped.. SO in short they are even cheating to get it... I would know... i busted over 200,000 on my last job working as a mod... The odds of 3 in a row at the speed they are clicking is flat out a 1 in infinity....
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So its going to take a GM approximatley 1-2 hours to read thru just this thread then another 1-2 hours to read (if they even bother) the other threads on the update(patch) Possibly another 4-5 hours to discuss amongst themselves then another 3-6 hours to come to a decision on wat to do then another 2-24 hours to implement their decision....so wat are we supposed to do in the meantime?
    Ive got the simple easy solution..rollback...refund all real life cash spent today make the items that was obtained from anniversary packs disappear..make the anniversary packs drop from mobs with stuff relevant to that players lvl or alternatively reward X number of packs to said players for amount of time they have played that way all players high level an low level alike feel appreciated by PWI

seems as though your mentioned times are grossly underestimated. Right about now a rollback is looking very favorable though but this will only temporarily fix a huge and growing problem. and now it seems our GM's are asleep again so nothing being done to fix the problems tonight maybe tomorrow will bring better news. Making packs drop from mobs is an awesome idea though shame the Devs didnt think of it.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    6 out of the 11 catshops in west arch advertising tokens for 4-5.5 mil coin, are selling normal tokens attempting to pass them off as best luck's.

In the future, please don't make common/rare items have such similar names and icons. It will help to hinder scammers.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, that's put me out the game for a while b:surrender

I'm not gonna QQ about it, I'll just simply afk farm the event with a catshop and a bit of tactical trading and in the meantime test out a few other mmo's and games. After a month I'll return, wait a bit, sell off my event junk and resume gaming.

No point grinding and playing normally in a 400k gold world for a solid month, charms at 1.5m, GA's peaking at 120k apiece, struggling along while those taking advantage of the event or spending real cash gain an immeasurable power gap. I might end up rich in the end, just wish it wasn't a month long, I miss playing pw for fun :/

An interesting note on events in my last mmo, while a very cash shop orientated game, their gift events almost always included free rare, even boutique, items dropping randomly from regular mobs. Everyone could participate and benefit. It was kinda like a "thanks guys" from the devs to the gamers.
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    couldnt they also opened about 30-40boxes back to back? getting those 3 things within 30-40boxes is even odds, nothing special lol.

If what you say is true and that is even odds, then it makes sense why gold is costing 500k. If on average you get 1 special token every 10 boxes, it means $10 on average gets you 1 token and $20 gets you 2 which you can trade for a 10 million note. So basically $20 buys 10 million or $2 buys 1 million or $1 buys 500k. So 1 gold = 500k.

If those odds are correct, then gold won't drop below 500k until after the event.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If what you say is true and that is even odds, then it makes sense why gold is costing 500k. If on average you get 1 special token every 10 boxes, it means $10 on average gets you 1 token and $20 gets you 2 which you can trade for a 10 million note. So basically $20 buys 10 million or $2 buys 1 million or $1 buys 500k. So 1 gold = 500k.

If those odds are correct, then gold won't drop below 500k until after the event.
    which is sad really, I thought 190k was bad, now it skyrockets to 500k?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sadly I will only be doing dailies from now on, Its not affordable to even play anymore. Kinda sad b:sad, but I guess theres a time for everything. b:surrender
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    exileddw wrote: »
    Sadly I will only be doing dailies from now on, Its not affordable to even play anymore. Kinda sad b:sad, but I guess theres a time for everything. b:surrender
    I haven't bought one boutique item first-hand. I save up for what I want and then buy it that way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I haven't bought one boutique item first-hand. I save up for what I want and then buy it that way

Yeah, but you don`t need charms. Or GAs. Or WQ-able flying mounts. Or Dragon Orbs. You get the picture.

EDIT: Unless you're an alt of a higher level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
This discussion has been closed.