On PWI, and recent events, a view from the player.

Options

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I think that is kind of the problem of the day. Those of us with real life money issues can't afford to go to the movies every weekend, let alone take our families. Among many other luxuries of life we can't afford. Gaming is our one vice, the one thing we can do is play free games on the internet. It costs us nothing. Seemingly. Point is those who can afford to go out all the time and do things away from the home are online less. Therefore one can assume their biggest player base comes from low income to middle income families. This is why for most its a big deal. They are affecting the biggest amount of their player base. Those who are disabled and on limited income or those who make minimum wage etc... those are the people upset, because we was already bleeding, now we are all gushing. Just makes it harder for that player base.

Since you play more you can grind more, right? those rich people that do not play very often, in return, use their real money to buy the stuff, right?
    And who spends the most money in the game? the people with lots of money or you? My guess is the people with lots of money, right?
    This game gives you a way to grind to buy those same items for in-game coins. yes, you have to spend more time on-line grinding, but, as you stated, you already spending time on-line anyway.

Of all the things with the new patch, the complaining about this part of the game makes no sense. There are other things that HAVE an impact on everyone, however, if you cannot afford the hammer for the new boxes, dont buy one, you can sell the boxes, you know that, right? You complete cube, sell the boxes and you still make more coin than you were making prior to the upgrade, so what is the problem?

You can still play this game and max out your character without using the cash shop at all. It will take a little longer, and you will not have fancy stuff, but you can still do it. They just market the cash shop to appeal to your "I must have that" instinct... I mean, do you really need a new mount or new clothes in black color to be able to play this game? Do you really need to get a hammer for the supply stash? There is nothing in the cash shop you need (well, maybe except angels, if you are on a pvp server), but there are lots of things you really really want..... For example, I really want a new summer top in purple to match my seaspray pants.... i really do not need it, but darn, I really want one.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    so what is the problem?

Please refer to the above post on how I feel about the hammers in their entirety. IT is the only part of the game where you can NOT go further without spending in or out of game coin for a cs item. That is what bothers me most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Please refer to the above post on how I feel about the hammers in their entirety. IT is the only part of the game where you can NOT go further without spending in or out of game coin for a cs item. That is what bothers me most.

But you do not need them to able to reach end game, do you? They are more of a "I want" than a "I need".

I was never too excited about the hammers, however, you do not need the supply stash at all to advance in the game, therefore, you do not need hammers either.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Since you play more you can grind more, right? those rich people that do not play very often, in return, use their real money to buy the stuff, right?
    And who spends the most money in the game? the people with lots of money or you? My guess is the people with lots of money, right?
    This game gives you a way to grind to buy those same items for in-game coins. yes, you have to spend more time on-line grinding, but, as you stated, you already spending time on-line anyway.

Of all the things with the new patch, the complaining about this part of the game makes no sense. There are other things that HAVE an impact on everyone, however, if you cannot afford the hammer for the new boxes, dont buy one, you can sell the boxes, you know that, right? You complete cube, sell the boxes and you still make more coin than you were making prior to the upgrade, so what is the problem?

The problem is,gold prices will be kept high by it,now its all good saying this will only affect people who want their mil from the box but it affects everyone who uses GA's,charms,orbs,anything from cash shop,along with the gear shattering nonsense even everyday grind is going to get a lot more expensive.

Theres less zen buyers than f2p so they can keep their prices high if they want and there isn't much most people can do about it,even boycotting high gold prices wouldn't work because then you don't have any of your cash shop items to keep you ticking along with your daily activities ingame.

When i play in a few weeks time to check prices and gold is back down i'll eat my words(metaphorically speaking),but it isn't likely.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
    edited July 2009
    Options
    But you do not need them to able to reach end game, do you? They are more of a "I want" than a "I need".

I was never too excited about the hammers, however, you do not need the supply stash at all to advance in the game, therefore, you do not need hammers either.

To finish this game in its entirety. To do everything that is offered to you to do in this game YES, you do have to use the supply stash. Do you have to use it to get to the end of the game, no. I suppose if you aren't a hard core gamer it wouldn't matter to you. F2P though means you do not HAVE to spend money to complete, or play the game. Making it to where you MUST have a cash shop item to even PLAY that part of the game.

???? Does the gear shattering thing apply to just PvP or does dying in the game also apply on PvE servers when NOT in pk mode??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

What do you actually NEED to advance in the game? Where exactly is the line drawn? I can't think of anything that you need in the game. Technically couldn't you advance with just a white NPC weapon? Or even no weapon at all if you try hard enough x_x

???? Does the gear shattering thing apply to just PvP or does dying in the game also apply on PvE servers?
    A new PVP equipment drop/damage system has been implemented. The following rules now apply during PVP combat:

Gear Shattered
    Items and equipment that are on a character are subject to Gear Shatter. Gear Shatter is caused when a player is killed in Player versus Player combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i think interest is a bad idea.. just like real life.. makes the rich richer.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I feel like this argument is getting slightly off the main topic of this thread. We're all entitled to our opinions.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What do you actually NEED to advance in the game? Where exactly is the line drawn? I can't think of anything that you need in the game. Technically couldn't you advance with just a white NPC weapon? Or even no weapon at all if you try hard enough x_x

good point. touches on something ive been contemplating lately.. whos the better player, the one who uses the BEST gear the game has to offer? or the one who gets to the same level using meidocre stuff?

but the thing is.. in an MMO where theres other people youre playing with AND against.. its a keeping up with the jonses thing. where exactly IS end game? and WHAT is it? in a console game it would mean completingthe story till the credits roll and you see "the end", for perfectionists or completionists it would mean getting the max level and at least one of each item (in some rpgs tho people take this to an extreme.. getting 99/999 of each item lol)
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    good point. touches on something ive been contemplating lately.. whos the better player, the one who uses the BEST gear the game has to offer? or the one who gets to the same level using meidocre stuff?

but the thing is.. in an MMO where theres other people youre playing with AND against.. its a keeping up with the jonses thing. where exactly IS end game? and WHAT is it? in a console game it would mean completingthe story till the credits roll and you see "the end", for perfectionists or completionists it would mean getting the max level and at least one of each item (in some rpgs tho people take this to an extreme.. getting 99/999 of each item lol)

Very good point. It gets really ambiguous in MMOs. Maybe I would feel more accomplished by using the bare minimum to progress, it would complement my sense of honor even though it would suck at times. Maybe I would rather drop money and grind in the most leet gear, which would complement my sense of wanting to be the best or have the best armor.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion eh? I personally can't knock either mentality. As long as YOU have fun playing the way YOU want to I support your decisions.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    back to the original topic.. i too feel the push to spend more in the cash shop.. but i dont really know how im supposed to use that to gain an advantage in the game. i still think it's cheaper to buy anything over 10 gold from other players for coins i grinded. all i really spend on gold goes toward m y own personal consumables.. i guess thats my problem? i spend a LOT but im still always behind.. dont even have tt gears yet!
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i think interest is a bad idea.. just like real life.. makes the rich richer.

But it would also make the poor richer, if they did it no matter how much you had. Usually IRL interest only accumulates on interest bearing accounts with large sums of money. If you could start drawing interest with as little as 100 coins it would definitely enrich all players of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Very good point. It gets really ambiguous in MMOs. Maybe I would feel more accomplished by using the bare minimum to progress, it would complement my sense of honor even though it would suck at times. Maybe I would rather drop money and grind in the most leet gear, which would complement my sense of wanting to be the best or have the best armor.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion eh? I personally can't knock either mentality. As long as YOU have fun playing the way YOU want to I support your decisions.

Maybe your endgame is that you're well known in the game, regardless of equips OR level. :< Or that you lead a guild well. Or that you find your favorite pet in the game and tame it as a veno. Or just make a lot of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Maybe your endgame is that you're well known in the game, regardless of equips OR level. :< Or that you lead a guild well. Or that you find your favorite pet in the game and tame it as a veno. Or just make a lot of money.

I'll never reach end game, as I keep making new characters. Matter of fact more than any of this stuff what bothers me is having to keep buying inventory and banker stones. I quit that with the last char though, as I can't see the sense in it. It would be nice if all of our players could access the same bank.

SEE THAT SPOONS!!! Would be awesome if we could do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Now finally. There are some monumental updates on the way for PWI. I cannot go into the specifics of what they are, but I can say that upon having the news of these updates fall upon my ears, I was not only shocked beyond belief, but more excited than I've been for any previous content update/expansion.

My curiosity knows no bounds...I'll continue to play as much as I have been (at least 12 hours a day xD) and hopefully these "monumental updates" will make me forget how much I just got screwed over by pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'll never reach end game, as I keep making new characters. Matter of fact more than any of this stuff what bothers me is having to keep buying inventory and banker stones. I quit that with the last char though, as I can't see the sense in it. It would be nice if all of our players could access the same bank.

SEE THAT SPOONS!!! Would be awesome if we could do that.

We can. This is the only F2P game I have EVER played that allowed you to purchase, 100%, cash items without spending cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    We can. This is the only F2P game I have EVER played that allowed you to purchase, 100%, cash items without spending cash.

I meant in game, not out :) Which I believe is what you thought I meant!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i believe gold prices will go back down but the thing that concerns me is that this is the second time youve had to "drain" coins and its worse than the last time.
    now if theres going to be an even better patch(like xarfox said) then is it going to happen again? or have the devs/sale people learnt from whats happened? although i cant exactly remember what the first "draining" was because of(bad memory >< lolz). anyway i still like playing the game b:pleased and ill get my chubbs eventually.
  • blindv
    blindv Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well I like sales and I don't even mind them being back to back. I buy my gold at the AH and don't mind not being able to buy everything. The sales are no problem for the economy long term.

The biggest problem for the economy that no one is mentioning so far is the introduction of the Chest of Coins(CoC). You get one million coins from them but you need a perfect iron hammer to open them. I got 4 of those CoC today. One from the Cube and three from a full rebirth delta run. This creates the need of 20 gold a day. Normally I need maybe 10-20 gold a week which is easily to get via the auction house.
    Now I need 20 gold extra a day to open those boxes. Everyone will say but you get the coins back from these boxes. Yes that is true but with the high demand for gold that is created here gold will be close to 200k from now on since every one will need gold to open these boxes. And close to 200k coins per gold there will be a little profit from opening them.

My gold demand went from 10-20 gold a week to 150-160 gold a week. I don't think that much gold can be supplied at a reasonable price leading to a lasting increase in the gold prices.

Sales okay, but increasing the demand for gold like that will really hurt the economy long term.

Well I haven't lost all hope yet but I think this will ruin the gold prices for good and I am not sure if the game will be worth playing then anymore for the people that do not charge Zen but buy their gold from the AH.

just my thoughts on it

Agree with TS. Agree with above poster. Constant increase in demand = constant increase in gold prices. So what should we do? Get two jobs to pay rent, food, and for this game? Or be left as people without "elite" gear who slowly grind their way through while others who are more privleged in real life get a bye?

I play this game to escape reality. Not to have my current in real life financial situations replicated into it.

Bv
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes You do feel the PUSH to charge Zen.. It had been long that i did and now I just spent $200 today only . I have to say i feel so sorry for the players that can't Buy Zen they are so left out NOW even more with gold prices of 175K in Sanctuary .
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes You do feel the PUSH to charge Zen.. It had been long that i did and now I just spent $200 today only . I have to say i feel so sorry for the players that can't Buy Zen they are so left out NOW even more with gold prices of 175K in Sanctuary .

Geez, think what else $200 could have brought you, and you won't feel as sorry for others who didn't spend that $200 to buy pixiles.b:chuckle
  • BlowMe - Harshlands
    BlowMe - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You know, normally, I have great things to say about this game. I love it, and it's one of my favorite games to play. But these last few patches have made me facepalm. I'm not blaming the GMs. We all know they're not responsible. But these latest additions are crushing the economy. Gold has shot through the roof on all servers, and with the addition of Shattering Gear, has shot the needs for Angels through the roof. The mold prices in 1k have been completely shot the **** out of. Some way too inflated, some way too reduced. I know there will supposedly be easier ways to get chips, but blowing chip cost to kingdom come? Bad move. Real bad move. Making something easier only to increase the difficulty in another way is simply being cheap.

To put it simply, what has taken place is a matter of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. This used to be a game where it didn't matter if you CSed or not, you could go along in the game quite well, and buying from other players was a breeze. And then more, and more emphasis on the CS. More and more, the prices went up. With TW the way it is, you've got 2 invincible armies on the Sanctuary Server, preventing anyone from obtaining anything above level 70 in apothecary, as well as ever actually managing to win a TW. A very, very large group of people are dissatisfied, and disgusted with the blatant money grab that has been seen lately. Sale after sale after sale after sale of things that only really benefit the rich. What low level is going to use Dragon Orbs, and who is going to use Battle Packs but a Veno? Add all the Fashion and mounts, and it's becoming as bad as the MMO I left for PW. I CS, I'll admit it, and I'm frankly appalled at what has been going on. It's starting to make me feel like I have to dump hundreds of dollars into this game to have any chance. I mean, there's another Jolly Old Jones event. The same one that ruined leveling on the two newer servers. If that isn't an example of Dollars = Power, I don't know what is.

Please. I'm begging you, if you have any say in what goes on in this game, find a way to get back to basics. Get back to good updates with real content. Give us real events again. The Thanksgiving one was my favorite, and even though I wasn't high enough to fully enjoy the full event, Christmas was fun as well. You're starting to hurt your player base with all these things we're being put through. We know you're trying, but this is the wrong direction. Less $$$, More fun. We're getting our pockets drained, while the high and mighty stay high and mighty. A lot of us are starting to wonder when this roller coaster ends. Some are even thinking about jumping off of it.

I love this game. I play it with my friends and family. I'd hate to lose it like this. I've enjoyed this too much to watch it waste away. This game is starting to die. Can't you feel it in the air? When you see another person post an "I'm quitting, here's why", and see posts that actually agree with them? It used to be "I'm quitting" and the community would pounce like a pack of rabid wolves on them. Think of your players. We're the ones enjoying this game, paying your wages, keeping it running. There has to be a better way to make this game more fun, than to toss in more features that only promote more spending.

This might get locked, but I had to say something. You're always looking for player input, right? Well here I am. A player, just like the multitude of other players, letting you know what's in our heads.

You know me and my friends started this game only to quit 2 months later (on Harshlands) for 1 of the reasons you mentioned.

I have played both F2Ps and P2Ps over the years and I never spent more money then I should on a game where someone like me who can't devote his time 24/7 CS. I am sure there are people out there who would not want to CS as well for maybe they don't want to or simply can't afford it. But this game honestly does entail using cash somehow (either you buy it with cash or in game currency). Yea they might have stopped the gold sellers spamming in game but the only thing they stopped was the world chat spam and not the resellers. And you honestly you will be surprised to know who the resellers are. Look at your map and you will get your answer.

What pisses me off is the lack of development support for this game. I am not sure how long this game has been out nor do I really care but you are telling me you can't fix a bug (which honestly might require couple lines of code)? And why would they? Its a source of income for the company itself. I called that false marketing and breach of their own ToS. I guess some drunk guy prolly wrote it in his basement when PWI was about to released.

2 months was enough for me to realise what boring game dynamics this game offered and the lack of development support this game offers. I moved on and I am sure you can. There are better games out there with better companies who do give a damn about their services.

Thought I dropped my 2cents for what it's worth for this game.
    PWI - retired.
    JD - retiring Sept 22nd.b:shocked
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I used to love this game wholly. I always told my friends saying that no other games out there can even compare to PWI.

I spent a month for summer vacation recently and was away from PWI for the longest time ever. I so did miss playing and being back.

I came back seeing that my friends list is just... Not alive anymore.
    I asked my old guild and found out that they just had enough of this game.

Now everytime I log in, all I see is people complaining how bad this game got.
    Im one to ALWAYS defend PWI so no one won't quit but now...
    I'm not on PWIs side, im on the PLAYERS side.

I do not have to repeat why everythings gone bad but you all know.

I lost interest when I came back and now all I do is CS and World Quest just so I can catch up to a few but now im thinking that'll it all be just a waste of time.

Im not telling anyone to quit but just saying what is on my mind.
    I still have a little hope for PWI but as for now, im searching for another game.

Good luck PWI. Please listen to everyones voices and opinions.
    We, the people, can help make a difference. *haha*
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options

It makes me sad that there's a difference between PW's side and the players' side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I used to love this game wholly. I always told my friends saying that no other games out there can even compare to PWI.

I spent a month for summer vacation recently and was away from PWI for the longest time ever. I so did miss playing and being back.

I came back seeing that my friends list is just... Not alive anymore.
    I asked my old guild and found out that they just had enough of this game.

Now everytime I log in, all I see is people complaining how bad this game got.

I do not have to repeat why everythings gone bad but you all know.

I lost interest when I came back and now all I do is CS and World Quest just so I can catch up to a few but now im thinking that'll it all be just a waste of time.

Im not telling anyone to quit but just saying what is on my mind.
    I still have a little hope for PWI but as for now, im searching for another game.

Good luck PWI. Please listen to everyones voices and opinions.
    We, the people, can help make a difference. *haha*

I feel the same way. The recent mess up with the weekend sale ending early. The Shattering item issue. etc.

Poor customer support. I have submitted over 4 Tickets in the last 5 days and received nothing more than canned responses with no offer for compensation for time and money/items lost. Not to mention it took much longer than 24 hrs for them to respond.

PWI is probably still one of the better F2P games out there but poor customer support is going to take its toll.

I will keep playing for a while and see how things pan out. But no more recommendations to friends and cash purchases for me.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It makes me sad that there's a difference between PW's side and the players' side.

What is sad in itself, is that before we was all on the same side. But somewhere along the line the grand marketing scheme took over and it became them against us. They used to be on the side that made decent money and had an awesome F2P game. I'm not even sure what side they are on anymore, but the fact remains that clearly they are not listening.

We are all still waiting for what they are going to do to "make up" for the sale ending early last week. Whatever their plan was should have been implemented already, or at least noted and stickied. :( It is getting sad. I joined this game on my first char dec 2008. I loved it, couldn't get enough. Now I find myself in the forums more and more and playing less and less :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psycosiz - Lost City
    Psycosiz - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Well you do NEED CS items at high levels. 9X and 10X levels requires the use of charms, highly refined weapons and now the use of GAs. Charms Refining Orbs and Guardian Angels can only be acquired via CS no mather if you buy gold in Ah or the item from another player, it came from cash shop,so yes, you NEED cash shop items if you want to have a good player experience.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    When i play in a few weeks time to check prices and gold is back down i'll eat my words(metaphorically speaking),but it isn't likely.

We can only hope you will have to eat your words.... I think you may have to eat some, I am sure prices will come down somewhat, I do not think they will be back to the 110k per unit though...
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok so i've been reading these and they all have some good points and some very flawed points. Id just like to make mine real quick.

I saw someone say they get charms for like 300k on sale. Not all servers are created equal.... (In other words, servers such as Dreamweaver's gold prices havent been under 140k in about 3 months. The past week or so it hasnt been under like 150-160. This morning it shot up to 200k.) Dreamweaver's problem is there's not enough gold buyers and too many people who use AH for gold. Every time there's a "sale" the gold prices spike hard because of the ol' supply+demand. So instead of paying a discounted price people exploit the gold price spike and charge normal price for the charms they may or may not have payed straight cash for. 1 charm pack would be about 2.5mil roughly profit to a gold buyer. This is a gross exploit of supply and demand but its fair game.

What's not right in my mind is now an in game daily event is now completed with cash shop items. I never go into the cube but i still agree with what someone said earlier. (Many people a day completing cube x 5 gold x 1 or 3)

Also the fact that there was no notice of the entire mold chip value change. How can you just up and change the value of almost every 60+ mold in the game and expect the economy to keep up somehow? All the once cheap molds are now 30+ chips. Likewise a bunch of the once extremely rare and valuable molds are now practically worthless. (ex. Someone buys a misty forest ring yesterday for 15 mil or so and today its worth like 3-4?)

And now the added cost to pkers? Why? Its not enough that we spend our charms, pots, apoc items, angels, genie energy, pet food, repair money, and have the possibility to lose items without angels? The shatter system completely baffles me. The only purpose i see in it is to create a money hole/demand for chi stones. But it only affects pkers? I bet the pk servers are furious about it, and its totally unfair to the few people who do try and pk on pve. (most people dont do it because it gets too expensive) This whole idea, in my opinion, does nothing but prevent more people from going pk and thus lowering the demand on guardian angels. (this means less moneys for pwe.....)

EDIT: Holy **** on a flaming stick.... Just read the shattered gear thread again. They use the words "The following rules now apply during PVP combat." Does this really mean we can't go in TW or cube or DT without worrying about this? I understand draining some of the money out of the economies but seriously how practical is this? Theres enough daily money holes for non cash shoppers, and now the uber rich are going to have another great advantage?
  • haxorzz
    haxorzz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    First and foremost, the reason why the price for Guardian Angels has shot through the roof, is because of the addition of Jolly Old Jones, not the Gear Shattering system.

For those who are not familiar with Jolly Old Jones, he's an NPC that allows players to trade either Guardian Angels for rewards, or 100k coins.

This brings me to the second purpose of Jolly Old Jones, to drain the economy. The last time we had this event, we drained a huge amount of money out of the PWI economy.

Granted that currently gold prices are inflated, however they should fall back down after this event/sale, perhaps even to a lower benchmark since so much coin is being sunk out of the game.

Gold trading is something that we pay a lot of attention to at PWE. We realize that a large number of players get their gold through the auction house, and carefully watch that system with a variety of metrics, statistics, and tools.

We also realize that lately it seems like it's been nothing but sale after sale. That's simply because the large content update we had today required a lot of work from the development team, and with the upcoming additions of the Bounty Hunter and Warsong City (very soon) it's easy to see how their plate has been full.

Now finally. There are some monumental updates on the way for PWI. I cannot go into the specifics of what they are, but I can say that upon having the news of these updates fall upon my ears, I was not only shocked beyond belief, but more excited than I've been for any previous content update/expansion.

lol remember this post?