On PWI, and recent events, a view from the player.

Options

Comments

• Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't normally speak my mind but this has got to stop!!!!
    GM's and xarfox i know ur watching and at least HEARING us... you have a LOT of folks leaving in sept for a new game... I won't mention it cause i don't want to be banned, but its things like this that are causing it. Now with the new gear shatter system, it seems to favor folks who pk and penalize those who do not. Why is the VICTIM being penalized, yet they have little recourse against high lvl pk'rs. The way it is now, a lvl 9x can trash a lvl 3x all day long and virtually stop him from being able to have gear with no penalty whatsover to the pkr.
    Well, its a pvp server u say... ok, great, so we've been on a pvp server for MONTHS, we've achieved level so now we'll flip the whole rules of the game on you to force you to become a pk'r.b:angry
    No penalty on NON-PVP server... so no choice/chance to not like it and change server's without starting over and losing all you've worked so hard to gain.
    Then u send gold through the roof, introduce COUNTLESS items that cost $30 PLUS week, after week, and wonder why folks are fed up? Have a unannounced zen sale, JUST before the end of the month and right AFTER a major mount sale, so that once again, folks are forced to shell out more and more money. I"ve spent untold hundreds on this game, but if this continues even one more month, i'll not be spending a dime unless it reverts to a managable level. I can't afford to spend $100 a month just to stay even remotely close to current. For most folks $20 they can probebly swing without too much problem and if not they can make that much in came coin farily easily. $100/mo is entirely undoable. And with P2P games that give you all pwi has without the unknown pricing, and lots of free mmo's, some new ones that have insanse graphics, PWI is soon going to go the way of another well known MMO that recently filed bankruptcy.
    PLEASE STOP THE BLEED!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't normally speak my mind but this has got to stop!!!!
    GM's and xarfox i know ur watching and at least HEARING us... you have a LOT of folks leaving in sept for a new game... I won't mention it cause i don't want to be banned, but its things like this that are causing it. Now with the new gear shatter system, it seems to favor folks who pk and penalize those who do not. Why is the VICTIM being penalized, yet they have little recourse against high lvl pk'rs. The way it is now, a lvl 9x can trash a lvl 3x all day long and virtually stop him from being able to have gear with no penalty whatsover to the pkr.
    Well, its a pvp server u say... ok, great, so we've been on a pvp server for MONTHS, we've achieved level so now we'll flip the whole rules of the game on you to force you to become a pk'r.b:angry
    No penalty on NON-PVP server... so no choice/chance to not like it and change server's without starting over and losing all you've worked so hard to gain.
    Then u send gold through the roof, introduce COUNTLESS items that cost $30 PLUS week, after week, and wonder why folks are fed up? Have a unannounced zen sale, JUST before the end of the month and right AFTER a major mount sale, so that once gain, folks are forced to shell out more and more money. I"ve spent untold hundreds on this game, but if this continues even one more month, i'll not be spending a dime unless it reverts to a managable level. I can't afford to spend $100 a month just to stay even remotely close to current. For most folks $20 they can probebly swing without too much problem and if not they can make that much in came coin farily easily. $100/mo is entirely undoable. And with P2P games that give you all pwi has without the unknown pricing, and lots of free mmo's, some new ones that have insanse graphics, PWI is soon going to go the way of another well known MMO that recently filed bankruptcy.
    PLEASE STOP THE BLEED!!!!

Alrighty...lemme see if I can help you.

1) Wall of Texts are evil. But in a little space and break lines.
    2) You're on a PvP Server. Deal with it, you closet Carebear.
    3) ಥ_ಥ MOAR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

3) ಥ_ಥ MOAR

I have a suggestion to avoid all this problems...

PWE can just terminate all gold sales in-game, and make cash shop items only usable by the person that buys them (which is pretty darn close to most f2p games out there). There, that will stop all the complaining of how unfair prices are, and it stop all the complainings about how they do not want to spend any of their RL to get items, and they really do not want to have to grind to get the coins to buy said items.

@Konari... see that is why I still say those pvpers should be called QQbears...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    PW has given me the greatest gift of all.

Not the fancy mounts, or the sales, or the neat new features. Those are all great, but not the best part.

No the Greatest Gift PW has given me is the banshee wail of crying Pvpers - the screams of High level players who have been gaming the system, raking in huge chunks of cash and killing anything that moves, and all the while pointing and giggling at us poor CareBears.

Now, because of some system tweaks, some of these gaping loopholes are closing and the chant of "i cant take it nEmore, im takin my toys n goin home" echoes thru the forums.

Karma s*cks, don't it?

Red

\loves the sweet, sweet taste of your tears
    \\will miss riding by and pointing at you, but will get over it
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

3) ಥ_ಥ MOAR

Seriously dude.

That face gets annoying.

Especially every thread and one that tries to be serious happens to see you write it in it. -_- if you don't got anything to say about the thread then don't add to it.
    edited July 2009
    Options

PWE can just terminate all gold sales in-game, and make cash shop items only usable by the person that buys them (which is pretty darn close to most f2p games out there). There, that will stop all the complaining of how unfair prices are, and it stop all the complainings about how they do not want to spend any of their RL to get items, and they really do not want to have to grind to get the coins to buy said items.

QQ becomes RAGE eventually. And RAGE already equals RAGE.
    Seriously dude.

That face gets annoying.

Especially every thread and one that tries to be serious happens to see you write it in it. -_- if you don't got anything to say about the thread then don't add to it.

Sorry, bro...but you'll never stop me. If things get too serious, then people become obsessed with the game and dislike it. Trust me, I've been there already, even on here.

BUT...if someone like me comes around and just diverts all the QQ'ing and RAGE and turns it into fun banter and ಥ_ಥ'ing at me...then people can just chill and be patient as we wait for things like Warsong City and MOAR charm packs.

Deal with it. Besides, people have told me that my trolling is need here. Diverting RAGE and ಥ_ಥ makes it easier for people to deal with it, and for the GM's to do their jobs, instead of dealing with the whiney people that clog up this noise-hole of a forum.

Vigilante Justice, baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Ok first off Konariraiden I personally believe you should be BANNED for constantly trying to flame people on the server. You are seriously the most childish person ive seen on these forums by far.

Secondly Ice, If they make CS items accessible to only Gold buyers it would ruin their income (the non CSers buy gold off the uber rich, which still makes them money.) Not everyone in the real world is born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and not everyone has the luxury of dropping money week after week on a game.

The fact that theyve put in hard wired economy changes into the game has made this extremely bias toward cash shoppers. When you advertise yourself as a FTP game and do nothing but cater to the gold buyers, whos left to play the game? I know theres not gonna be just like 200 people per server playing by themselves.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok first off Konariraiden I personally believe you should be BANNED for constantly trying to flame people on the server. You are seriously the most childish person ive seen on these forums by far.

Secondly Ice, If they make CS items accessible to only Gold buyers it would ruin their income (the non CSers buy gold off the uber rich, which still makes them money.) Not everyone in the real world is born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and not everyone has the luxury of dropping money week after week on a game.

The fact that theyve put in hard wired economy changes into the game has made this extremely bias toward cash shoppers. When you advertise yourself as a FTP game and do nothing but cater to the gold buyers, whos left to play the game? I know theres not gonna be just like 200 people per server playing by themselves.

Aww..I love you too. Try being a little less RAGE and a little more laid-back, like me, and I'll gladly stop the flames. But, seeing as how this new Patch just opened the floodgates of tears...nope. The flamethrower's not going away, because, unlike the rest of this rabble, I know how to flame and troll just enough to where I don't go across the line.

Smart trolling. It's the way of the future, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    QQ becomes RAGE eventually. And RAGE already equals RAGE.

Sorry, bro...but you'll never stop me. If things get too serious, then people become obsessed with the game and dislike it. Trust me, I've been there already, even on here.

BUT...if someone like me comes around and just diverts all the QQ'ing and RAGE and turns it into fun banter and ಥ_ಥ'ing at me...then people can just chill and be patient as we wait for things like Warsong City and MOAR charm packs.

Deal with it. Besides, GM's have told me that my trolling is need here. Diverting RAGE and ಥ_ಥ makes it easier for people to deal with it, and for the GM's to do their jobs, instead of dealing with the whiney people that clog up this noise-hole of a forum.

Vigilante Justice, baby.

So youre admitting that the GMs have told you to flame people on their own forums to avoid having to work? I think now's the time that everyone submits a ticket to ban this kid and fire whatever GM hes talking about.

If GMs are really too lazy to do their JOB then they need to be fired.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So youre admitting that the GMs have told you to flame people on their own forums to avoid having to work? I think now's the time that everyone submits a ticket to ban this kid and fire whatever GM hes talking about.

If GMs are really too lazy to do their JOB then they need to be fired.

Oh, no. They do their job...I'm just making it easier. Consider me a scapegoat to dump all your RAGE on...I guess that makes me a...Forum Jesus. Yeah...I'm likin' that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options

The free people do not help pay the bills.... All the games that are f2p and are not advertisement paid, and use cash shop, give the cash shop users an edge. In most of those games, the fast majority of the items, specialy the really powerful ones, that you can buy in cash shop, you cannot sell in game, making the devide between cash shop users and free players HUGE. In this game, you can buy ANY item in cash shop with in-game coins. You may have to grind alot for it, but you have that option.

Also, none of the items in CS are needed to play this game. They may make it easier or more fun (like fashion), but you can still reach the max level in the game without having to buy or use a single item from the cash shop.

Other games, you have to buy maps from cash shop to gain access to better maps, or to get access to higher level areas.

Also, you will always have more than 200 people in the server.. remember the MMO sites that rate games take all PWs into account when issuing the ratings for populariety. PW, with its millions of users in asia, will always be on the top, as one of the most popular MMOS, and the most popular F2P MMO, therefore, there will always be an influx of new players, which will need to buy mounts, and fashion, etc.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh, no. They do their job...I'm just making it easier. Consider me a scapegoat to dump all your RAGE on...I guess that makes me a...Forum Jesus. Yeah...I'm likin' that.

If you keep up that self-sacrifice, your troll reputation will be ruined....
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

I kinda laughed cause its so true. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd like to just post a couple Rules of Conduct for you Kon..

"You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

(b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity

(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees

(i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct

(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

how many more do you want to break?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you keep up that self-sacrifice, your troll reputation will be ruined....

I'm all in one. Troll, Savior, Flamer, Helpful Poster, and Entertainer. If one rep dies off, I have many to fall back on. I do what I do when I do how I do...for the lulz.

Hehe...crackin' out the ol' ToS, eh, Demon...?

I never affiliated myself with anyone, just saying what things have been said to me, both positive and negative.

The second one is subject to the definition of "disturb". Sometimes it is needed to break the seriousness.

I have never promoted anything illegal. I troll/flame for only myself. Nobody else can do it like I can.

Again, the fourth subject to interpretation.

In addition, the fact that I actually made you bring up the ToS as an argument proves that my troll was successful. A WINNAR IS ME.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    We definitely do not endorse trolling, but right now we have a lot off stuff to focus on. My apologies if I'm not hitting spam as hard as usual. If anyone spots some nasty flames feel free to PM me, I check my messages a lot
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm all in one. Troll, Savior, Flamer, Helpful Poster, and Entertainer. If one rep dies off, I have many to fall back on. I do what I do when I do how I do...for the lulz.

ಢಿ_ಢಿ

dsfhjsdfasdfa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Back on topic.

Nice to see players feel the same as others and voice their thoughts about it. b:cute

Do i think it'll make a difference? with how history in this game shows - nope, would i like it to? yes. too late for it though. with how the new features/sales been added and what they've done to the game - it goes downhill from here.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Back on topic.

Nice to see players feel the same as others and voice their thoughts about it. b:cute

Do i think it'll make a difference? with how history in this game shows - nope, would i like it to? yes. too late for it though. with how the new features/sales been added and what they've done to the game - it goes downhill from here.

This is pretty much how I feel. Just gotta be a tad patient is all...have some fun while things cool off.

...I was gonna post Awesome-Sauce-Face...but since SOMEONE doesn't like it...fine, I won't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd like to just post a couple Rules of Conduct for you Kon..

"You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

(b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity

(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees

(i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct

(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

how many more do you want to break?

I would say he did not break any..... He never claimed to be a GM or MOD, nor has he claimed to be employed by PWE in any matter.... Actualy you are looking at the wrong set of rules all together...

If you want to try to nail him on anything, read the forum rules, not the TOS.

Here is the link.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options

I never affiliated myself with anyone, just saying what things have been said to me, both positive and negative.

The second one is subject to the definition of "disturb". Sometimes it is needed to break the seriousness.

I have never promoted anything illegal. I troll/flame for only myself. Nobody else can do it like I can.

In addition, the fact that I actually made you bring up the ToS as an argument proves that my troll was successful. A WINNAR IS ME.

And now a GM has told you to shut up, so whos the "winnar"?

You have admitted that you have the GMs approval to troll/flame which means you are misrepresenting your affiliation to them, because they, OF COURSE, dont encourage ANY such thing.

You are making a flame war in a thread meant to talk about gameplay issues which impedes us from enjoying the services of this forum. (Includes both points H and N)

and on top of it youre saying these activities (clearly against ToS) are completely fine and have nothing to do with anyone. (falls under point I)

Now if you want to continue spamming forums im sure Spoons will gladly have a chat with you.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    leave Konari do what he wants, he's a good dude <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options

The Judge will have to rule in favour of the defendant in this case.
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hello,

The majority of you on this "QQ waggon" need to stop. You're bias opinions are not a fair representative of all players on PWI. I think this is rude to demand GM's to change this economy cause of you're financial situation. It is not the GM's fault nor the players fault.

Don't like paying high gold prices? Get a job. Have a job but not enough money to support a game you enjoy? Get a second job and YOU spend you're hard earned money to drive these high gold prices down. Lets be fair about this.

I know for a fact a lot of you are playing 8+ hours a day, have no job, QQ/troll forums every time PWI adds new content to boutique/new patch, contribute no financial means to this great game only to brag on the forums about how UBER you are by not spending a damn dime, but you are the ones using up all the bandwidth on the forums/server - QQ'n/flaming. (long run on sentence).

Stop thinking about yourself for a moment and think about the community as a whole. In my bias opinion I do not like the return I get back from selling gold. $1 = 130-150k last week. Even at these high selling prices it isn't worth it for me to sell gold for 200k. I believe my $1 is worth more than that.

Think about the costs of running forums, website and servers. Remember this is a free game. You do not NEED anything from the boutique to play this game. So if the prices are to high DO NOT BUY GOLD! If no one buys gold then the sellers will lower their prices.

OMFGLOLORZZZZRS ORLY?!?!?!??!??!???!??!??!??!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!?!I HAS LERND ECOMONIESESESZZZS LOLOLLOORORZORRSOMFG

I'm sorry if my post has made any of you upset but, this is the harsh reality of this game and life. QQ'n never yields any results. You as a person need to "man up" and make these changes.

Last note, I'd like to thank the GM's for adding sales, new content and patches. Keep up the good work and I'll always but a supporting boutique customer.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    And now a GM has told you to shut up, so whos the "winnar"?

You have admitted that you have the GMs approval to troll/flame which means you are misrepresenting your affiliation to them, because they, OF COURSE, dont encourage ANY such thing.

You are making a flame war in a thread meant to talk about gameplay issues which impedes us from enjoying the services of this forum. (Includes both points H and N)

and on top of it youre saying these activities (clearly against ToS) are completely fine and have nothing to do with anyone. (falls under point I)

Now if you want to continue spamming forums im sure Spoons will gladly have a chat with you.

I'd prefer if all of us not direct flames at each other, they always say don't feed the trolls! We want everyone to have an opportunity to state their piece, if differing opinions arise we expect everyone to respect them
    edited July 2009
    Options
    bah, had to edit my post.. Spoons beat me to it.... dang, it was such a good post too...
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Let's just cool down a bit. b:cool Direct the rage at the post in a descriptive and civil manner, I'm taking notes on the concerns being brought up, at this point the main ones have already been covered but dialogue never hurts.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd prefer if all of us not direct flames at each other, they always say don't feed the trolls! We want everyone to have an opportunity to state their piece, if differing opinions arise we expect everyone to respect them

Ok so my point is worth nothing? Hes a flamer hes trolling threads to start flames in which he thinks hes justified cause "a GM said so."

I've already posted 4 ToS hes broken. Just because i dont back down to an immature person who does nothing but take joy in making others mad, im the flamer? Im loooving these forums right now lemme tell ya... b:angry

You are basically justifying him when you say "dont feed the troll." If thats the case then everyone can go in any conversation and start calling anyone a QQer or a Carebear. And if someone says something back they get seen as the flamer? What kind of logic is that? What is everyone smoking? pass it....
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok so my point is worth nothing? Hes a flamer hes trolling threads to start flames in which he thinks hes justified cause "a GM said so."

I've already posted 4 ToS hes broken. Just because i dont back down to an immature person who does nothing but take joy in making others mad, im the flamer? Im loooving these forums right now lemme tell ya... b:angry

Like I said, let's not direct flames at each other.

That includes me. You addressed me in your post and I was trying to speak to your concerns. Nowhere in my post did I single you out or even accuse you of being the only flamer. You're talking about the ToS and your points are very valid, please do not mistake me tipping my hat to you as an attack. b:surrender We're all on the same side
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Back on topic.
    Except for the all shatering thing, I do not see this patch as being as much of a big deal as people talk about. The only reason shatering even is an issue, is because you have no way to remove the binding, once it is done. and since binding alone will not longer keep your items safe, I feel that the people that spend money binding their gear so they did not have to use angels kind of got the short end of the stick on this one, since now they will need to get angels anyway.