On PWI, and recent events, a view from the player.

Options
Isala - Sanctuary
Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
You know, normally, I have great things to say about this game. I love it, and it's one of my favorite games to play. But these last few patches have made me facepalm. I'm not blaming the GMs. We all know they're not responsible. But these latest additions are crushing the economy. Gold has shot through the roof on all servers, and with the addition of Shattering Gear, has shot the needs for Angels through the roof. The mold prices in 1k have been completely shot the **** out of. Some way too inflated, some way too reduced. I know there will supposedly be easier ways to get chips, but blowing chip cost to kingdom come? Bad move. Real bad move. Making something easier only to increase the difficulty in another way is simply being cheap.

To put it simply, what has taken place is a matter of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. This used to be a game where it didn't matter if you CSed or not, you could go along in the game quite well, and buying from other players was a breeze. And then more, and more emphasis on the CS. More and more, the prices went up. With TW the way it is, you've got 2 invincible armies on the Sanctuary Server, preventing anyone from obtaining anything above level 70 in apothecary, as well as ever actually managing to win a TW. A very, very large group of people are dissatisfied, and disgusted with the blatant money grab that has been seen lately. Sale after sale after sale after sale of things that only really benefit the rich. What low level is going to use Dragon Orbs, and who is going to use Battle Packs but a Veno? Add all the Fashion and mounts, and it's becoming as bad as the MMO I left for PW. I CS, I'll admit it, and I'm frankly appalled at what has been going on. It's starting to make me feel like I have to dump hundreds of dollars into this game to have any chance. I mean, there's another Jolly Old Jones event. The same one that ruined leveling on the two newer servers. If that isn't an example of Dollars = Power, I don't know what is.

Please. I'm begging you, if you have any say in what goes on in this game, find a way to get back to basics. Get back to good updates with real content. Give us real events again. The Thanksgiving one was my favorite, and even though I wasn't high enough to fully enjoy the full event, Christmas was fun as well. You're starting to hurt your player base with all these things we're being put through. We know you're trying, but this is the wrong direction. Less $$$, More fun. We're getting our pockets drained, while the high and mighty stay high and mighty. A lot of us are starting to wonder when this roller coaster ends. Some are even thinking about jumping off of it.

I love this game. I play it with my friends and family. I'd hate to lose it like this. I've enjoyed this too much to watch it waste away. This game is starting to die. Can't you feel it in the air? When you see another person post an "I'm quitting, here's why", and see posts that actually agree with them? It used to be "I'm quitting" and the community would pounce like a pack of rabid wolves on them. Think of your players. We're the ones enjoying this game, paying your wages, keeping it running. There has to be a better way to make this game more fun, than to toss in more features that only promote more spending.

This might get locked, but I had to say something. You're always looking for player input, right? Well here I am. A player, just like the multitude of other players, letting you know what's in our heads.
Post edited by Isala - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Agreed 100%, especially about the quitting thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im joining the bandwagon too. dissent among the ranks, this has gone too far.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Great read and its so true i mean come on enough with CS sales and events where u need CS items u r killing us its getting to the point where it isnt fair anymore.

we need a month without sales to get gold back down we need events that dont need CS items get back to pleasing the people and u will be mroe loved and ill send u sexy cookies b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think the sales are a great thing. It's a sale.... Correct me if I'm wrong but I would rather have lots of sales going on than CS items placed at the normal rate for long periods of time.
    When items are on sale, the price I buy them with in-game coin lowers as well.
    I admit I am a causal CSer but I feel like the sales aren't the problem.

However I would like more events such as a sever wide double exp rate weekend. Or find the special tokens and turn them in for CS items event or something like that.
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    Benjabob - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The way the world runs the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer, i mean both irl and in pwi. The thing is the more it happens, the faster it happens, and soon, the poor will all die out in PW as the game will be a pure grind fest for them whilst the people in powerful factions can literally do nothing and gain money from it.

I think the game is soon to go the same way that other (wont mention) games have gone and we will all migrate to another F2P, and this will keep on happening until a company does it right and make the CS of little importance in the big picture.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    we need a month without sales to get gold back down we need events that dont need CS items get back to pleasing the people and u will be mroe loved and ill send u sexy cookies b:cute

Gold will never go back down again. The new Cube reward boxes saw to a permanent rise in the price. With hundreads of people completing the cube daily, each and every one of them needing 1 or 3 golden hammers to crack open the reward boxes, the demand for gold has seen a permanent increase. More people will need to buy it from the auction, then there are suppliers in general, and as long as even 20k can be made from the boxes, ppl will buy the hammers. That means if gold is 195k each, hundreds of cube buyers will still purchase 5 gold every day for a hammer for the free 25k (out of the "million"). This essentially puts a new floor of just below 200k (probably 195k) on gold prices even when there is no sales at all. Then imagine the sale pumping the prices higher. Thousands of reward boxes going into storage for later as they wont be cracked open if a 5 gold hammer costs more then a million... But then the sale fades & the price drops to just below 200k & these thousands of stored reward boxes come out of storage keeping the price of gold to the price of slight profitability off the reward boxes.

Good job PWE, for claiming you dont set gold prices, but the players do, and then initiating this blatent price fixing scam with the golden hammers. b:surrender
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think the sales are a great thing. It's a sale.... Correct me if I'm wrong but I would rather have lots of sales going on than CS items placed at the normal rate for long periods of time.
    When items are on sale, the price I buy them with in-game coin lowers as well.
    I admit I am a causal CSer but I feel like the sales aren't the problem.

However I would like more events such as a sever wide double exp rate weekend. Or find the special tokens and turn them in for CS items event or something like that.
    a sale doesnt make things cheaper when you stack a ton on top of each other week after week, it just inflates the prices to the point where gold: price ratio is ridiculous
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeah a sale here and there r great but they have been spamming them to no end so its costing us more then if there were no sales
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Gold will never go back down again. The new Cube reward boxes saw to a permanent rise in the price. With hundreads of people completing the cube daily, each and every one of them needing 1 or 3 golden hammers to crack open the reward boxes, the demand for gold has seen a permanent increase.

+1

The cube boxes just adds to inflation, although not the 195k as you suggest, as there will be a 'limit' of people who will complete cube daily. Also, I can imagine more people will randomly kill others in the rooms in which PK is enabled as more people try to cube
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    At the end of the day, the devs wont care about people like us who spend little or no money in the CS, they will only care about the people who are **** the economy by spending loads of money in the CS. the game will become elitist, and the devs will keep adding things like armour shattering to make us pay more money (in game at the moment maybe), and dont be surprised if someday soon the only way to sort out broken armour will be via the cash shop, if that happens, or something similar (a major game function being CS dependant) I will be gone before you can say candle ja-
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You know, normally, I have great things to say about this game. I love it, and it's one of my favorite games to play. But these last few patches have made me facepalm. I'm not blaming the GMs. We all know they're not responsible. But these latest additions are crushing the economy. Gold has shot through the roof on all servers, and with the addition of Shattering Gear, has shot the needs for Angels through the roof. The mold prices in 1k have been completely shot the **** out of. Some way too inflated, some way too reduced. I know there will supposedly be easier ways to get chips, but blowing chip cost to kingdom come? Bad move. Real bad move. Making something easier only to increase the difficulty in another way is simply being cheap.

To put it simply, what has taken place is a matter of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. This used to be a game where it didn't matter if you CSed or not, you could go along in the game quite well, and buying from other players was a breeze. And then more, and more emphasis on the CS. More and more, the prices went up. With TW the way it is, you've got 2 invincible armies on the Sanctuary Server, preventing anyone from obtaining anything above level 70 in apothecary, as well as ever actually managing to win a TW. A very, very large group of people are dissatisfied, and disgusted with the blatant money grab that has been seen lately. Sale after sale after sale after sale of things that only really benefit the rich. What low level is going to use Dragon Orbs, and who is going to use Battle Packs but a Veno? Add all the Fashion and mounts, and it's becoming as bad as the MMO I left for PW. I CS, I'll admit it, and I'm frankly appalled at what has been going on. It's starting to make me feel like I have to dump hundreds of dollars into this game to have any chance. I mean, there's another Jolly Old Jones event. The same one that ruined leveling on the two newer servers. If that isn't an example of Dollars = Power, I don't know what is.

Please. I'm begging you, if you have any say in what goes on in this game, find a way to get back to basics. Get back to good updates with real content. Give us real events again. The Thanksgiving one was my favorite, and even though I wasn't high enough to fully enjoy the full event, Christmas was fun as well. You're starting to hurt your player base with all these things we're being put through. We know you're trying, but this is the wrong direction. Less $$$, More fun. We're getting our pockets drained, while the high and mighty stay high and mighty. A lot of us are starting to wonder when this roller coaster ends. Some are even thinking about jumping off of it.

I love this game. I play it with my friends and family. I'd hate to lose it like this. I've enjoyed this too much to watch it waste away. This game is starting to die. Can't you feel it in the air? When you see another person post an "I'm quitting, here's why", and see posts that actually agree with them? It used to be "I'm quitting" and the community would pounce like a pack of rabid wolves on them. Think of your players. We're the ones enjoying this game, paying your wages, keeping it running. There has to be a better way to make this game more fun, than to toss in more features that only promote more spending.

This might get locked, but I had to say something. You're always looking for player input, right? Well here I am. A player, just like the multitude of other players, letting you know what's in our heads.

So beautiful b:sad b:cry *cries* couldn't have said better, i agrree with my fellow bunny b:sad
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *thumbs up*

Nicely said, you put very eloquently how I have been thinking these past few weeks....

Bummer, I really like this game, but I dont foresee myself staying put much longer.

Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame, PWE. Cause your gonna crash and burn, due to your greed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nicely put. Harshlands is becoming even more unplayable then it was before because of this. Ill most likely find something else to bide my time until september b:bye
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm ashamed to be saying this, but I agree completely with the sentiments in this thread. When I started playing PWI, it was a joy, I didn't touch cash shop and i didn't have to, I basically had full access to the game.

Now, 600k gold charms DURING a charm pack sale?
    200k+ gold price?
    Shattered Gear?

Can't say I approve of the forced CS dependancy one bit.
    b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Excellent read, and have to say I completely agree.

When I joined this game, I left another mmo for it, one where the market was so inflated the only way to survive ingame was to either spend real money, or manipulate marketing and buy sell skilfully. Playing the game got you no where.

When I first joined pwi, it was like heaven compared to my old mmo. Coin seemed easy to earn, just picking up your dq items and coin and selling your mats correctly made the wealth pile up. Even for a beginner, a few days earned you your first cash shop clothes set. Within a week you could afford your first mount too. Charms were 300k apiece, GA's as low as 25k, Gold 100k per. You could look forward to owning legendary equips and refined armours from lv50 or even lower and still have spare to mess around and enjoy every aspect of the game. And there was an abundance of gold selling and boutique items and everyone did well and it was great fun.

Inflation shuts off vast areas of the game to players. Soon you can just barely afford the basics, higher level refines become a dream and indulging in luxuries cuts you short on being able to afford essentials. You get cut off from high level PvP and TW and the rich basically get the pick of absolutely everything.

When I joined pwi, complaints on the forums were rare and frowned upon. Now half the threads are complaints and players quitting and unlike before, it seems not everyone disagrees.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    At the end of the day, the devs wont care about people like us who spend little or no money in the CS, they will only care about the people who are **** the economy by spending loads of money in the CS. the game will become elitist, and the devs will keep adding things like armour shattering to make us pay more money (in game at the moment maybe), and dont be surprised if someday soon the only way to sort out broken armour will be via the cash shop, if that happens, or something similar (a major game function being CS dependant) I will be gone before you can say candle ja-

*slap* You idiot! He does take you away until you his full name. And even then, you don't get time to type a hyphen. So if you DO say Candlejack, you don't get time to finish your sen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    but will anything ever be done?

nope...

As long as people keep paying, tptb dont care, which in all honesty is fair enough while it works for them, they've gotta eat too, but they'll be kicking themselves when they have a tiny player base left, all of whom are maxed out in every way and no longer need to spend money in CS.
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *slap* You idiot! He does take you away until you his full name. And even then, you don't get time to type a hyphen. So if you DO say Candlejack, you don't get time to finish your sen

*slap back* I candlejack how I damn well like, stop forcing your 4chan bullcrap down my throat on how2CJ
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *slap back* I candlejack how I damn well like, stop forcing your 4chan bullcrap down my throat on how2CJ

*Falcon...PUNCH* Hit back now, woman!! b:angry

4chan is WHERE it orignated, so you BETTER follow it's rules or be labeled a FAIL!

And besides, you ALREADY failed! You said Candlejack in that sentence, but you finishe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    last 2 tabs at pw boutqiue manager (are new), i hope to pan gu those luck tokens wont be a cash shop item, wouldnt make too much sense if they were since some exchange is for cash shop items but still scary as some of the harder to farm items are there
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm a Zen buyer. I've actually bought quite a lot of zen during the time I've played. I sell a fair bit of the Gold I buy, to exchange for ingame coin.

But it's getting absolutely ridiculous lately. Limited edition mounts are fun, if they are RARE. Maybe let out a new mount once every two months or so - not EVERY SECOND WEEK!

Charm packs, while they are sweet while they're there, also are appearing way too often. I played for four months where charm packs were something people sighed for (Starting in January). Now I've seen four or five charm pack sales...

And what I specifically see a problem with is this tendency to "group" stuff together. Rare mounts? Let's give out THREE at a time! Oh, and let's throw some new stuff with a tiny chance for an even rarer mount in, too! Jolly Jones event? Toss in Charm Packs and Dragon Orb Sale so you're sure to crash the Gold market entirely!

I mean, last I checked the gold prices on Heaven's Tear, they were at 178,000 coins EACH! And the week's only just started - there's still plenty of time for the price to hit 200k and over...

What I would like to see was a BREAK. Stop spoiling us with all of this ****! People have even stopped buying the rare stuff for the purpose of reselling, because EVERYONE has rare stuff by now! Settle into a more smooth rythm, and spread out the events more! Maybe give us a fashion item every two weeks, a new aerogear/mount every month, a rare mount maybe every 90 days, ect.
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *Falcon...PUNCH* Hit back now, woman!! b:angry

4chan is WHERE it orignated, so you BETTER follow it's rules or be labeled a FAIL!

And besides, you ALREADY failed! You said Candlejack in that sentence, but you finishe

I refuse to speak about anymore memes, they are the cancer killing the intrawebz.. ******nit im typing them naturally anyway.. /b/ has ruined my internet life. I hate it.

Id quite happily be a fail in 4chans eyesm because a failure to anyone from 4chan is a winner irl ^_^
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well to reduce gold price is this simple everyone that is buying gold buy it at 100k dont go a cent higher u know why because u will force ppl selling gold to come down to ur price not theres
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm beginning to think of the infinite monkey theorem.
    PWI devs are actually a large number of chimpanzees living in China, each given a computer and a C++ compiler.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If my weapon ever loses its refines because i died, im quitting.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I refuse to speak about anymore memes, they are the cancer killing the intrawebz.. ******nit im typing them naturally anyway.. /b/ has ruined my internet life. I hate it.

Id quite happily be a fail in 4chans eyesm because a failure to anyone from 4chan is a winner irl ^_^

I am a WINRAR in both. Ancient Chinese Secret: "Balancing the Interwebz and Real Life is like trying to stay friendly with your ex-wife...excruciatingly hard, but an epic win if pulled off correctly."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im joining the bandwagon too. dissent among the ranks, this has gone too far.
    *thumbs up*

Nicely said, you put very eloquently how I have been thinking these past few weeks....

Bummer, I really like this game, but I dont foresee myself staying put much longer.

Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame, PWE. Cause your gonna crash and burn, due to your greed.

Agreed, and agreed... What happened to the PW I used to know and love ;-;
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Gold will never go back down again. The new Cube reward boxes saw to a permanent rise in the price. With hundreads of people completing the cube daily, each and every one of them needing 1 or 3 golden hammers to crack open the reward boxes, the demand for gold has seen a permanent increase. More people will need to buy it from the auction, then there are suppliers in general, and as long as even 20k can be made from the boxes, ppl will buy the hammers. That means if gold is 195k each, hundreds of cube buyers will still purchase 5 gold every day for a hammer for the free 25k (out of the "million"). This essentially puts a new floor of just below 200k (probably 195k) on gold prices even when there is no sales at all. Then imagine the sale pumping the prices higher. Thousands of reward boxes going into storage for later as they wont be cracked open if a 5 gold hammer costs more then a million... But then the sale fades & the price drops to just below 200k & these thousands of stored reward boxes come out of storage keeping the price of gold to the price of slight profitability off the reward boxes.

Good job PWE, for claiming you dont set gold prices, but the players do, and then initiating this blatent price fixing scam with the golden hammers. b:surrender

right gold is too high
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well to reduce gold price is this simple everyone that is buying gold buy it at 100k dont go a cent higher u know why because u will force ppl selling gold to come down to ur price not theres

simple in theory but will never work because "people always want stuff", no matter how expensive it is.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    right gold is too high

Gold is only high because we choose to buy it say it with me only buy at 100k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]