On PWI, and recent events, a view from the player.

Options

Comments

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    This brings me to the second purpose of Jolly Old Jones, to drain the economy. The last time we had this event, we drained a huge amount of money out of the PWI economy.

Wait why do we need to drain money from the economy o.o /clueless. You think this will lower gold prices?
    Granted that currently gold prices are inflated, however they should fall back down after this event/sale, perhaps even to a lower benchmark since so much coin is being sunk out of the game.

but with the addition of the cube packs, won't the hammers keep gold at a high?

and to the OP: I agree and feel for you. Ive had similar thoughts the past few weeks. But you have to understand this game will always benefit the cash shoppers more, because this is what this game is designed for.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    First and foremost, the reason why the price for Guardian Angels has shot through the roof, is because of the addition of Jolly Old Jones, not the Gear Shattering system.

For those who are not familiar with Jolly Old Jones, he's an NPC that allows players to trade either Guardian Angels for rewards, or 100k coins.

This brings me to the second purpose of Jolly Old Jones, to drain the economy. The last time we had this event, we drained a huge amount of money out of the PWI economy.

Granted that currently gold prices are inflated, however they should fall back down after this event/sale, perhaps even to a lower benchmark since so much coin is being sunk out of the game.

Gold trading is something that we pay a lot of attention to at PWE. We realize that a large number of players get their gold through the auction house, and carefully watch that system with a variety of metrics, statistics, and tools.

We also realize that lately it seems like it's been nothing but sale after sale. That's simply because the large content update we had today required a lot of work from the development team, and with the upcoming additions of the Bounty Hunter and Warsong City (very soon) it's easy to see how their plate has been full.

Now finally. There are some monumental updates on the way for PWI. I cannot go into the specifics of what they are, but I can say that upon having the news of these updates fall upon my ears, I was not only shocked beyond belief, but more excited than I've been for any previous content update/expansion.
    lol damage control to the rescue... im not sure how to handle it.... should i believe theres hope and still play, or go with natural instinct to avoid 'hope' ;|?
  • WillowWisp - Lost City
    WillowWisp - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Abandon all hope - all ye who play asian F2P's...
  • wenson25
    wenson25 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i agree 100% with Isala

i feel the same
    i have spend like 300$ by now in this game... which is really alot for me ( i know for other player its "nothn")
    but its still not enough if u wanna keep up with the ones who have really alot of money and spend alot

i have full HH gear and its still not enough ... i lose to player with +7 and higher gears and +12 weapons only cause they have more money

for me its not fair to play this way, same chance for everyone

i loved this game
    but the bad support and the way pwi makes money made me consider stop playn this game
    and play a p2p game, where everyone has the same chance and only hard work decides if your good or not
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree 100% with the OP. It feels like they took the thoughts right out of my head. Frankly, I just can't keep up. This past weekend was the most stressful in game weekend I have ever been through. Gold prices should not be this high at all, it's completely insane! Everyone has a Herc or a Nix now, I saw a level 30 with one. Like the OP said, Sanctuary is completely dominated by Nef and Leg, and when we see someone trying to take the map we just figure... why even bother? Things aren't rare when everyone has one, like the boas and the purg. lions. Totally shot their values down. I'm supprised they didn't just release the Goldmane in the CS too after the crazy-**** egg craze that was going on. It's just starting to feel more and more pointless to play. I have, too, spend almost $300 on this game, and I look back and wonder.... was it really worth it? I only did it because I felt that I had to to keep up. So... this past weekend was horrible, and if it continues... maybe I'll just have thrown my money down a drain.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wait why do we need to drain money from the economy o.o /clueless. You think this will lower gold prices?

but with the addition of the cube packs, won't the hammers keep gold at a high?

and to the OP: I agree and feel for you. Ive had similar thoughts the past few weeks. But you have to understand this game will always benefit the cash shoppers more, because this is what this game is designed for.
    Draining coin might lower gold prices.

On the same point, I don't think that's the plan because of the cube thing and the hammers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For those who are not familiar with Jolly Old Jones, he's an NPC that allows players to trade either Guardian Angels for rewards, or 100k coins.

I am not sure I see how money is drained out of the economy. Yes, Jones takes 100k coins instead of angels. But as long as a given player is not a complete idiot and angels stays below 100k. All it takes is for a player to buy an angel from cash shop or another player. There is two ways to buy angels from the cash shop… that I know of. The first is through zen, and no coins is drained out of the economy there. The second is through auction shop, and that’s just a transfer of coins from one player to another (with a 2% fee), so only 4% is drained (2% from each side). Alternatively, players can simply buy angels from another player, and no coins are drained here.

For the sake of calculation, let’s assume gold is selling at 200k. That would drain 8k (4% of 200k) from the game per gold transaction. Assuming one thousand gold is moved through the cash shop per day, that’s only 8 million coins drained out of the game. 8 million coins is not really that much. They can drain more coins from 2 molds if they keep the mold price where it is.

So the only real way I see jolly jones as a real coin sink… is for players to go the 100k route instead of trading angels.

EDIT: Because of the lowered mold price, my total net worth (along with my spouse) decreased by about 15-16 million. So technically speaking, I personally, lost (drained) the equivalent of moving two thousand gold through the cash shop.

Lets not forget the coins that will be generated through oracles that are acquired from jones.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think its just that PWI was way behind and now their updates are catching up to the asian ones. (albeit kinda rushed) We got too used to the poor, half implemented PW game. Its just catching up to the original standards and apparently its too expensive for some pple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Add another to the band-wagon.

Honestly, it's human nature to do under-handed things and give them another face value to not make them look so obvious and severe. Common sense, they say that the GA dolls have sky rocketed because of the Jolly Jones event and not the gear shattering system? This will ultimately lower the gold prices back to normal? I don't think so. If you add content that is dependent on more than one thing, and dependent on CS items, it's not going to deflate a darn thing.

That's the equivalent of an economist in real life, telling consumers to SPEND SPEND SPEND and swearing the economy will get back to normal that way.

It's a shame.

I love this game, and it's all going down the ****-shoot.

b:surrender
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If it's too much for ya, then Happy Trails To You, and please leave your belongings in West Arch in the square on your way out.

The rest of us will continue playing, and you will surely find yet another game that is fatally flawed and run by another bunch of greedy bastages.

Toodles!

Red

\tired of the constant QQ
    \\this isn't the frickin Stock Market, and if you gamble you can lose.
    \\\if you were stocking a pile of "X" and now it's worth less, YOU LOSE
    \\\\if you bought that X because it could be resold for a profit, instead of it improves your game play, then you gambled, and YOU LOST
    V\ more slashie abuse
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I still believe this game to be, hands down, the best F2P MMO I've ever played. Graphics, gameplay, and I mean, come on...the Character Customization! That alone got me hooked! I cried tears of joy when I say the endless possiblities in character creating! Finally, I could REALLY put myself into the game!

No matter what, I'm stayin' with PWI until I get bored of my Awesome-Sauce PEW-PEW Wizard...then I'll just make an Archer or something, and I'll restart the great journey!

*waves giant PWI Standard* GO FANBOYISM!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If it's too much for ya, then Happy Trails To You, and please leave your belongings in West Arch in the square on your way out.

The rest of us will continue playing, and you will surely find yet another game that is fatally flawed and run by another bunch of greedy bastages.

Toodles!

Red

\tired of the constant QQ
    \\this isn't the frickin Stock Market, and if you gamble you can lose.
    \\\if you were stocking a pile of "X" and now it's worth less, YOU LOSE
    \\\\if you bought that X because it could be resold for a profit, instead of it improves your game play, then you gambled, and YOU LOST
    V\ more slashie abuse

I would just like to point out. That if i were quitting, i would use all my coins/gold/whatever to **** with the game economy as much as i can before i hit uninstall.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I still believe this game to be, hands down, the best F2P MMO I've ever played. Graphics, gameplay, and I mean, come on...the Character Customization! That alone got me hooked! I cried tears of joy when I say the endless possiblities in character creating! Finally, I could REALLY put myself into the game!

No matter what, I'm stayin' with PWI until I get bored of my Awesome-Sauce PEW-PEW Wizard...then I'll just make an Archer or something, and I'll restart the great journey!

*waves giant PWI Standard* GO FANBOYISM!!

b:victory Can I add fangirlism to that?! I've got to say I love this game no matter what goes on in the ecnomy. Mostly beucase I profit from it. And when I do lose (like buying my nix feathers ONE DAY before their sale), I get over it pretty fast.

But boy was I maaaaaad that day. hahaha. Not in a ragequitty kind of way. This game has the most responsive GMs I've ever witnessed, as well as the ability to keep it interesting even at later levels in the game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:victory Can I add fangirlism to that?! I've got to say I love this game no matter what goes on in the ecnomy. Mostly beucase I profit from it. And when I do lose (like buying my nix feathers ONE DAY before their sale), I get over it pretty fast.

But boy was I maaaaaad that day. hahaha. Not in a ragequitty kind of way. This game has the most responsive GMs I've ever witnessed, as well as the ability to keep it interesting even at later levels in the game!

Exactly! I mean, yeah, there have been moments where I've felt kinda down about the game. Hell, I feel bad right now, because I can't afford to charge Zen to buy some Guardian Angels to get a piece of that Jolly Jones sale...but I'll get over it eventually! All it means is that I don't get to level a bit faster than others, or get Awesome-Sauce gems or anything...a friend of mine DID give me 400 of the MP Pots, though...I'm super happy about that.

I dunno...I go through ups and downs with this game. But as most people know, I'm really just a fun-loving guy, both here and on the forums. In fact, it was my recent popularity on the forums that made me enjoy the game that much more. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ormindo - Heavens Tear
    Ormindo - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Totally agreed. +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Exactly! I mean, yeah, there have been moments where I've felt kinda down about the game. Hell, I feel bad right now, because I can't afford to charge Zen to buy some Guardian Angels to get a piece of that Jolly Jones sale...but I'll get over it eventually! All it means is that I don't get to level a bit faster than others, or get Awesome-Sauce gems or anything...a friend of mine DID give me 400 of the MP Pots, though...I'm super happy about that.

I dunno...I go through ups and downs with this game. But as most people know, I'm really just a fun-loving guy, both here and on the forums. In fact, it was my recent popularity on the forums that made me enjoy the game that much more. ^_^

Are you a fun-loving guy in game too? Cause I could use some fun-loving people to pal around with in game as well. Sometimes Enrage gets a bit stuffy.. because there is almost no one my level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Are you a fun-loving guy in game too? Cause I could use some fun-loving people to pal around with in game as well. Sometimes Enrage gets a bit stuffy.. because there is almost no one my level.

Yeah...sure! If you ever get the chance, add me! I love havin' friends! And remember to keep an eye out for my TW Predictions thread coming this evening/tomorrow morning.

/shameless bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah...sure! If you ever get the chance, add me! I love havin' friends! And remember to keep an eye out for my TW Predictions thread coming this evening/tomorrow morning.

/shameless bump
    carebears b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think its just that PWI was way behind and now their updates are catching up to the asian ones. (albeit kinda rushed) We got too used to the poor, half implemented PW game. Its just catching up to the original standards and apparently its too expensive for some pple.

I think that's true in a lot of ways. One of my faction mates just came from the my-en server, and she said you couldn't get a shadou cub there unless you paid millions. Shadou cubs cost around 600k on DW? Not sure, but it's nowhere near millions. With that said, it doesn't mean I like the rising prices, just that maybe in some ways, they're inevitable.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    carebears b:shocked

Mycarebear nix'll bite you in the butt Goliath. Roar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Mycarebear nix'll bite you in the butt Goliath. Roar.
    b:cryb:surrender

guess it's game over for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I personally know 2 people who just quit this game today , ( level 80+ ) just NPCed their items then threw gear and weapons on the ground...

Nice update PWI , keep up the "good work".
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I personally know 2 people who just quit this game today , ( level 80+ ) just NPCed their items then threw gear and weapons on the ground...

Darwins theory comes to mind lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Survival of the greediest ? b:laugh
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
    edited July 2009
    Options

What ch00bs. They didn't even deserve to bask in the grand presence that is PWI.

UNWORTHY HEATHENS!! ಥ_ಥ MOAR!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think that's true in a lot of ways. One of my faction mates just came from the my-en server, and she said you couldn't get a shadou cub there unless you paid millions. Shadou cubs cost around 600k on DW? Not sure, but it's nowhere near millions. With that said, it doesn't mean I like the rising prices, just that maybe in some ways, they're inevitable.
    It's only 1-1.8m on one server. And you have to factor that herc/phoenix mats aren't sold directly from their mall so technically, cub is the best tank for most veno there.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    100% agree with TS.

This is ridiculous how the prices shoot up.

I woke up today and saw gold at HT [literally] selling at 200k, normal is 155k. I see we got charm sales and all that but in the end prices are still through the roof.

The honest truth is to be comfortable and benefit from the sales you HAVE To use the CS - nothing around it. And for a F2P game and a fanbase like this - you fail at keeping it under control. LOL seriously - make this a pay to play game if your going to make this such a expensive way to play.

I've lost interest in this game cause it feels like you have to CS to progress and stay ontop at the high levels [charms, orbs, etc] I'm not going to put real money [alot of it] into this game when the real world isn't so great either money wise. And I know theres people who say "just grind cause i havent spent money in this game" < that's you, not everyone esle.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

My thoughts exactly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    100% agree with TS.

This is ridiculous how the prices shoot up.

I woke up today and saw gold at HT [literally] selling at 200k, normal is 155k. I see we got charm sales and all that but in the end prices are still through the roof.

The honest truth is to be comfortable and benefit from the sales you HAVE To use the CS - nothing around it. And for a F2P game and a fanbase like this - you fail at keeping it under control. LOL seriously - make this a pay to play game if your going to make this such a expensive way to play.

I've lost interest in this game cause it feels like you have to CS to progress and stay ontop at the high levels [charms, orbs, etc] I'm not going to put real money [alot of it] into this game when the real world isn't so great either money wise. And I know theres people who say "just grind cause i havent spent money in this game" < that's you, not everyone esle.

Sooo, you complaining because gold prices went up, however you do not spend money in the game? So the game is still free for you, right? Unlike most f2p games, where cash shop items CANNOT be traded in-game, this one gives you 100% chance to use all the cash shop items using only in-game coins.... You are using your time to pay for the items, instead of your wallet, so what is the big deal? Prices will go up, because there are people willing to grind in-game to buy gold, even at those prices, so they do not have to use RL cash. The choice is yours, how you want to play the game, you can either grind alot, or use your wallet to skip some of the grinding.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Dang.

OK, here is an announcement to all the high level of HT planning on quiting.

Please mail all your items to IceJazmin. I have plenty of space to store them, and lots of friends that could use some gear.

Put your old gear to good use :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.