On PWI, and recent events, a view from the player.

Options

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    That and the fact that a very small prtion of PW's playerbase even comes to the forums. Meaning what is said here can not be taken as a general concesus.

Not to mention: The happy people normally stay quiet, it's the ones that are upset that cry out. Therefore, it seems like there are many more of them o_o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    are u tempting me ?

FLEASH REAM IS NOT BUGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1b:angryb:angry
    Not to mention: The happy people normally stay quiet, it's the ones that are upset that cry out. Therefore, it seems like there are many more of them o_o'

Exactly
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    FLEASH REAM IS NOT BUGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1b:angryb:angry

water-bug-info0.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well, all I can say, the new patches are improving the game. which they have to, as if they dont, they will stay behind the competition.

regarding the sales. the only items I buy are charms and angels sometimes. I can only find these items cheap when sales are on. So, I agree with the periodic sales. When charms are onsale, I can get them for 300k or less when they are not on sale I have to pay 430k+

Regarding the fashion and mount sales. I;m glad with them too as they are making old fashion old mounts cheaper. I bought my panda mount for 500k and got two fashion items for free from friends. All these has happened during sales.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    are u tempting me ?

<Does the fleshream dance in front of TheGoliath> Dance with me?b:cute
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Spoon no offence but don't wast your time. Every game I've ever played has been the same. The game does some CS stuff (whitch there is nothing wrong with) and many player rather then being adults. Start saying the game owners are greedy and start jumping ship. What none of them realize most of the time it isn't the CS it the gamers that kill the game. I know PW don't hve to worry about it. People jump to conclusions that is a fact. You can't stop them. Just let them be impatient children. With PW's lack of bots and what I see from china everyone on the forums are clearly wrong. That and the fact that a very small prtion of PW's playerbase even comes to the forums. Meaning what is said here can not be taken as a general concesus.
    When people sink real life money into a game and they complain when its all for naught, that isn't whining. Thats letting the company know they don't feel like they are getting what they are paying for. What you are doing is no different than the other trollers/flamers on the forum. Calling people names is clearly against the TOS. Which is what you are doing when you call people criers, whiners, children, cry babies or carebears (insert millions of names here). No, he can't stop them. Matter of fact if you'd read his posts he's trying to HELPwith the current issue at hand. The ONLYway he can do that is if people tell him what their problems are with the game. Although I will admit some are going overboard. But please do not sit here and call someone who sinks 100's of dollars into their "entertainment" a whiner. As this person pays spoons paycheck and many more. (however I am not one of them) ;) Ok I do buy gold out of the cs but not often.
    When charms are onsale, I can get them for 300k or less
    Ok honestly> today you've received a charm for 300k or less? I haven't seen one anywhere ON HT.. and likely they aren't that cheap ON ANY server. They took a sale and made the items actually cost more by driving up the price of gold, when you are affected it will bother you too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Spoon no offence but don't wast your time. Every game I've ever played has been the same. The game does some CS stuff (whitch there is nothing wrong with) and many player rather then being adults. Start saying the game owners are greedy and start jumping ship. What none of them realize most of the time it isn't the CS it the gamers that kill the game. I know PW don't hve to worry about it. People jump to conclusions that is a fact. You can't stop them. Just let them be impatient children. With PW's lack of bots and what I see from china everyone on the forums are clearly wrong. That and the fact that a very small prtion of PW's playerbase even comes to the forums. Meaning what is said here can not be taken as a general concesus.

The forum is a good barometer of player feeling,its as accurate as you're going to get so don't give your **** about players ingame feeling different to people on the forum,with everyone i know and talk too and see in guild chat ingame its a large majority thats annoyed there too.

Yeah tell spoons to not waste his time,i mean its not like its in the gm's best interests to have dialogue with their playerbase now is it?Yeah,just ignore your playerbase,thats how to be a successfull games company.

If everyones clearly wrong,go get some hard evidence of that from pw china..even though its ran in a different way for a different playerbase.

Btw i think jumping ship when the game economy is being manipulated in such a harmfull and brazen way is a very very adult thing to do.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok honestly> today you've received a charm for 300k or less? I haven't seen one anywhere ON HT.. and likely they aren't that cheap ON ANY server. They took a sale and made the items actually cost more by driving up the price of gold, when you are affected it will bother you too.

Anyone with gold is buying up angels. Why buy charms when Jolly is far more profitable?b:chuckle
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    <Does the fleshream dance in front of TheGoliath> Dance with me?b:cute
    uaaaaaaaaaaaargh *explodes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Brat you don't think I spend money on this game? The thing is just one day after the new patch everyone is whining. Not one of them have even given the new content a chance. I did not Violate the TOS. I said some people are acting like children that is a statement not an attack. I did not single any person out. It was a statement about what was going on here as is has on many other games. I was talking about everyone that are fixing to jump ship B4 they know if **** is gonna work. I was not atacking them in anyway. I was stating how things seem to me. Do not talk to me about TOS. I read TOS on forums clearly and I keep myself Just outside of violating them.

To mental No the Adult thing to do is stick it out. An in game econamy is just like the real econamy. It has its highs and lows. An adult isn't gonna just quit soo soon after a fluxuation. What you said about you guildies and everyone else. Ill bring up my guildies and my friends and others I talk to. They all have the same aditude about this. Some even don't know about whats got gold and GA prices up so high. When i told them all they said is guess i gotta wait then they went to do something else ingame.

BTW you both might wanna make sure you know what I mean B4 jumping my ****. I was telling him not to bother trying to tell you all your jumping the gun cause you not gonna listen. That was the only thing he said I was saying not to wast his time with.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I know many of you are very saddened and disappointed in what this game has currently become. And many of you are completely unaware. And some of you are happy as hell. Let me give you a few facts that have seriously drove me over the edge:

With the new increase in gold, almost 200k/gold, will DRASTICALLY change the economy (duh). But what funny part is that, the Dev's have set the gold prices themselves with this new cube box... thing. Since each box is 1 mil prize and costs 1 Perfect Hammer to open, well you've figued that out. You would think the economy itself would raise gold, not getting it done purposely.

Also, now that alot of ingame molds such as Sky Demon's Pearl and Demon Slaughter are practically worthless, farming such items in Brimstone is now useless. What is it now, 750k and 30ish chips? LOL

Ultimately, PWI has made it harder for non cash shoppers to actually play the game with this crazy new gold standard (no, i dont think it will drop anytime soon, and if it will only a little bit), which in turn requires more cash shopping to be done to play the game. So to all the cash shoppers, well hey, the game just got even more easier for you. And for the non cash shoppers, good luck getting by in this game.

Anyway, this whole issue is just very disappointing to me. QQ, whatever. I just really hope things change
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well Miss spoon closed your thread b4 I got finished commenting but I was baisicly saying Brat was right.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Brat you don't think I spend money on this game? The thing is just one day after the new patch everyone is whining. Not one of them have even given the new content a chance. I did not Violate the TOS. I said some people are acting like children that is a statement not an attack. I did not single any person out. It was a statement about what was going on here as is has on many other games. I was talking about everyone that are fixing to jump ship B4 they know if **** is gonna work. I was not atacking them in anyway. I was stating how things seem to me. Do not talk to me about TOS. I read TOS on forums clearly and I keep myself Just outside of violating them.

To mental No the Adult thing to do is stick it out. An in game econamy is just like the real econamy. It has its highs and lows. An adult isn't gonna just quit soo soon after a fluxuation. What you said about you guildies and everyone else. Ill bring up my guildies and my friends and others I talk to. They all have the same aditude about this. Some even don't know about whats got gold and GA prices up so high. When i told them all they said is guess i gotta wait then they went to do something else ingame.

BTW you both might wanna make sure you know what I mean B4 jumping my ****. I was telling him not to bother trying to tell you all your jumping the gun cause you not gonna listen. That was the only thing he said I was saying not to wast his time with.

You have to realize the real economy cannot be manipulated so easily as implementing the iron hammer. Well, some may try, but not without legal consequences. In any case, if a 100% fluctuation happens in the real economy, you'll definitely feel it, and heads will roll.b:chuckle
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You have to realize the real economy cannot be manipulated so easily as implementing the iron hammer. Well, some may try, but not without legal consequences. In any case, if a 100% fluctuation happens in the real economy, you'll definitely feel it, and heads will roll.b:chuckle

But the hammer can not raise the gold price by much. Are you gonna buy a hammer to open a chest if you make no profit or are loosing money by doing so??

I'm not gonna bother takeing the time buying the gold,then buying the hammer if I'm not gonna make a nice profit from opaning the box. Ill just go and grind my 200k an hour

Actually I cant say 200k an hour anymore. I got too high lvl for Tigaros and gotta go find a mob i can kill quickly and has good drops.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    To mental No the Adult thing to do is stick it out. An in game econamy is just like the real econamy. It has its highs and lows. An adult isn't gonna just quit soo soon after a fluxuation.
    i lol'd; ever hear of chapter 11, forclosure, bankruptcy, stock market crashes, and bailouts? no, i didnt think you have :|.
    edited July 2009
    Options

Dunno about you,but last game i played towards the end were fleecing players for everything they had,made it impossible for f2p at all,i jumped ship and saved myself from wasting hard earned rl money on a dying game,very adult thing to do there.

Waiting is pointless gold won't magically go back down in price again,PWI have made sure of that with cube boxes jeez,gold sellers are out to get the best deal they can get and won't be selling gold at 100-150k knowing you will be making 500-250k profit from opening cube crates,GM's knew this quite obviously they can't be stupid.
    edited July 2009
    Options

Oh as per TOS you aren't allowed to **** words either. Just sayin :) You insenuated that anyone complaining wasn't an adult. I assure you us adults have real jobs, with real live credit cards/money we use to play this game, we are within our rights.

But the hammer can not raise the gold price by much. Are you gonna by a hammer to open a chest if you make no profit or are loosing money by doing so??
    No likely what will happen is people will start buying them from the cash shop. Which is EXACTLY what this move was about. You will still have the occassional in game buyers, but more and more people will go to the cash shop. WhY? Its easier to buy 10 gold and get a hammer for 5 and sell the other 5 for the million it would take you to buy the hammer to begin with! See how that works? IMO they are trying to cut out all the people buying gold from the a/h and making them more reliant on the CS. Brava as they are doing a great job at either doing that, or having people quit all together.

You say give it time, they are jumping ship to quickly.. can you blame them? Would you have sat on the titanic and watch it sank or would you rather have done that from a far off view?... no sense in continuing to watch PWI sink. People are going to leave if they don't do something and do it quick. (not saying I don't like my view from atop the mast) cause I will likely be here til the very end. But reason, is reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i lol'd; ever hear of chapter 11, forclosure, bankruptcy, stock market crashes, and bailouts? no, i didnt think you have :|.
    LOL good point, thats how adults (stick it out) when they can do nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    let's continue to keep this discussion civil, we are monitoring user feedback very closely, but with too many flames it makes it very difficult to sit through them and find the informative posts.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Actually as long as Im not typing in a manner as to cercumvent the filter I'm not tecnicly violating and TOS.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited July 2009
    Options

Well, people can't just get away from the real economy just by quitting.b:chuckle
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well NEVERMIND what this cube box hammer fiasco is gonna do to gold.. i'm pissed that theres MORE rewards for completing cube. there were enough already. and the whole pk enabled even if youre in safe mode in many rooms OTHER than the PK to pass ones.. it makes it IMPOSSIBLE for some of us to complete cube. i tried every day for a month, spent millions in mirages and the get a gamble box rooms, and if i failed on my own, id go back in, trying over and over.. ALL DAY to get to the end FOR THE FIRST TIME.. and some jerk would pk me. and thats when i say **** THIS!

but theres a crapload of people selling dozens of gamble boxes so SOME people are getting far in cube and its not fair that people can actually actively disable others from doing something (completing cube by being able to pk in there).
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options

You know I don't condone any of those things. A stock market crash Dont fit in with the other. A crash happens as a result of many companies loosing large amounts of revenue in a short period. Bankruptcy is just people running from the Debt they accumilated (in my opinion no one should be able to declare bankruptcy) Bailout Dont get me started on that BS. The gevernment should never have bailed out those companies. The good thing is they are working on regulations for Banks and stuff so they will never have to bail them out again. Forclosure I'm assuming your are talking about housing. You do know after the bank sales your house you still have to pay the remaining balance right.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    and sorry but i gotta say its not really fair to ALWAYS compare this to the real economy. supply and demand does apply, of course.. but..

in the real economy people have jobs.. and money is printed and theres only a limited amount ever in circulation and you cant just go whack a monster and get some money on the floor. so those small (or big?) differences do.. make a difference lol.

and like somebody else said before.. might as well buy the hammer with rl cash.. but even that i think is stupid.. why spend 5 bucks to get 1 mil?

actually the whole hammers thing was a bad idea to begin with.. and kinda does support what mothergoose had said (either in this thread or another) about the game begining to favor cash players.. because EVERYONE gets a box.. but you can only really use it to its full extent by using the cash shop (nevermind "you can buy gold in the auction".. it doesnt matter.. as hammers are ONLY generated from the cash shop.. that is cash shop reliance no matter how you cut it)
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    But then you gotta look at what many have said. Without the CS there would be no game.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well NEVERMIND what this cube box hammer fiasco is gonna do to gold.. i'm pissed that theres MORE rewards for completing cube. there were enough already. and the whole pk enabled even if youre in safe mode in many rooms OTHER than the PK to pass ones.. it makes it IMPOSSIBLE for some of us to complete cube. i tried every day for a month, spent millions in mirages and the get a gamble box rooms, and if i failed on my own, id go back in, trying over and over.. ALL DAY to get to the end FOR THE FIRST TIME.. and some jerk would pk me. and thats when i say **** THIS!

but theres a crapload of people selling dozens of gamble boxes so SOME people are getting far in cube and its not fair that people can actually actively disable others from doing something (completing cube by being able to pk in there).
    learn to cube, u are the first veno whining for cube I ever saw/heard since u are the race that make more profit in there (and u have easy life in a lot of rooms) right before barbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    But then you gotta look at what many have said. Without the CS there would be no game.

Wasn't there a game before there were hammers?b:chuckle
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well, people can't just get away from the real economy just by quitting.b:chuckle

Honestly, I think that is kind of the problem of the day. Those of us with real life money issues can't afford to go to the movies every weekend, let alone take our families. Among many other luxuries of life we can't afford. Gaming is our one vice, the one thing we can do is play free games on the internet. It costs us nothing. Seemingly. Point is those who can afford to go out all the time and do things away from the home are online less. Therefore one can assume their biggest player base comes from low income to middle income families. This is why for most its a big deal. They are affecting the biggest amount of their player base. Those who are disabled and on limited income or those who make minimum wage etc... those are the people upset, because we was already bleeding, now we are all gushing. Just makes it harder for that player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    PWI relys on zhen buyers,zhen buyers rely on the f2per's,which rely on PWI,mess with one of them too much the links broken and you have no game.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You know I don't condone any of those things. A stock market crash Dont fit in with the other. A crash happens as a result of many companies loosing large amounts of revenue in a short period. Bankruptcy is just people running from the Debt they accumilated (in my opinion no one should be able to declare bankruptcy) Bailout Dont get me started on that BS. The gevernment should never have bailed out those companies. The good thing is they are working on regulations for Banks and stuff so they will never have to bail them out again. Forclosure I'm assuming your are talking about housing. You do know after the bank sales your house you still have to pay the remaining balance right.
    Of course you don't condone it, you've not lived it. Best I recall in the age poll you told you were 17 (or close to that). You've not had a job making 20.00 an hour for a company who moved to Mexico and left your family without income. Losing your cars first so you could eat and survive and then your house. Someone who hasn't been through that would never think of it. Matter of fact, have you ever had a child with a congenital heart disease who ran up over 300k in medical bills upon birth? Making 10-15 dollars an hour still wouldn't pay for those bills, some of us are forced to do things we don't want. Your statement was unfair.

and sorry but i gotta say its not really fair to ALWAYS compare this to the real economy. supply and demand does apply, of course.. but..

in the real economy people have jobs.. and money is printed and theres only a limited amount ever in circulation and you cant just go whack a monster and get some money on the floor. so those small (or big?) differences do.. make a difference lol.

and like somebody else said before.. might as well buy the hammer with rl cash.. but even that i think is stupid.. why spend 5 bucks to get 1 mil?
    This all brings me to something I've suggested all along. Why can't we gain interest on the money we put in the bank on this game? If its there 24 hours why can't we gain interest on it? Grinding "battle" is OUR job here, but we gain no profit off the money we've already acquired like real life. I think this would be something awesome for them to implement.

actually the whole hammers thing was a bad idea to begin with.. and kinda does support what mothergoose had said (either in this thread or another) about the game begining to favor cash players.. because EVERYONE gets a box.. but you can only really use it to its full extent by using the cash shop (nevermind "you can buy gold in the auction".. it doesnt matter.. as hammers are ONLY generated from the cash shop.. that is cash shop reliance no matter how you cut it)
    Wasn't there a game before there were hammers?b:chuckle
    There WAS!!! And before the supply stash seemingly you could play this game without sinking one coin or gold into it period... until the supply stash. In order to complete that "part" of the game you MUST buy the hammer(however you have to). That is what I had a problem with. They give you an aerogear for free. You may not like its speed but hey its free... among many other things. But the hammer you must buy. It would be nice if we could bypass level 50 supply box and just miss out on what it has, same for lvl 80 box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]