On PWI, and recent events, a view from the player.

Comments

• Corennes - Sanctuary
    Corennes - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I like sales and I don't even mind them being back to back. I buy my gold at the AH and don't mind not being able to buy everything. The sales are no problem for the economy long term.

The biggest problem for the economy that no one is mentioning so far is the introduction of the Chest of Coins(CoC). You get one million coins from them but you need a perfect iron hammer to open them. I got 4 of those CoC today. One from the Cube and three from a full rebirth delta run. This creates the need of 20 gold a day. Normally I need maybe 10-20 gold a week which is easily to get via the auction house.
    Now I need 20 gold extra a day to open those boxes. Everyone will say but you get the coins back from these boxes. Yes that is true but with the high demand for gold that is created here gold will be close to 200k from now on since every one will need gold to open these boxes. And close to 200k coins per gold there will be a little profit from opening them.

My gold demand went from 10-20 gold a week to 150-160 gold a week. I don't think that much gold can be supplied at a reasonable price leading to a lasting increase in the gold prices.

Sales okay, but increasing the demand for gold like that will really hurt the economy long term.

Well I haven't lost all hope yet but I think this will ruin the gold prices for good and I am not sure if the game will be worth playing then anymore for the people that do not charge Zen but buy their gold from the AH.

just my thoughts on it
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    that's it, u've gone way too far with ur trolling and flaming

I'm closing this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    that's it, u've gone way too far with ur trolling and flaming

I'm closing this thread

hush the spam! b:shocked we still welcome feedback on the patch, any information is going to help a bunch.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Like I said, let's not direct flames at each other.

That includes me. You addressed me in your post and I was trying to speak to your concerns. Nowhere in my post did I single you out or even accuse you of being the only flamer. You're talking about the ToS and your points are very valid, please do not mistake me tipping my hat to you as an attack. b:surrender We're all on the same side

Sorry, just feeling a little ganged up on atm. I just hate seeing someone like that get away with murder basically and no one says a single thing.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Sorry, just feeling a little ganged up on atm. I just hate seeing someone like that get away with murder basically and no one says a single thing.

When I yell at people, it is in private. If you see me posting stuff like that, it's meant to be directed generally. Sorry about the rampant spam today, but as you can see it's a very busy day for all of us here.

If anyone has a specific concern, but they think it is too flamey, feel free to PM me. I can handle the words, and when its not posted in public the conversation won't get sidetracked.

That said, if I'm responding slow to PMs don't worry, just doing some savage multitasking ATM
    edited July 2009
    I don't have nothing (strange) against this new patch except the new reward chests from cube, those are just greedy and don't help the gold price situation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009

...spoons is right, though, Demon. Don't feed me...well, at least when I'm in my Troll mode. What others say is the truth though, I am an all-around good guy and very friendly...I just have a massive peeve-spot for whining...or at least, what I perceive as whining.

I have been reprimanded via spoons in PM, and, for the first time on this forum, it seems I've crossed the line. But at least now, I know where the line is. You can be sure I'll be more careful with my trolling...doesn't mean I'm gonna stop though...this forum will never be completely serious while I can help it!

And with that, let's bury the hatchet, shall we, madam? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My line is a little closer to me Konari *wink wink*
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited July 2009
    My line is a little closer to me Konari *wink wink*

*nudge nudge* Ah...! I see what you did there, sir-madam! ...you're a Veno, so i'm not exactly sure of your gender...

<_<

>_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ...spoons is right, though, Demon. Don't feed me...well, at least when I'm in my Troll mode. What others say is the truth though, I am an all-around good guy and very friendly...I just have a massive peeve-spot for whining...or at least, what I perceive as whining.

I have been reprimanded via spoons in PM, and, for the first time on this forum, it seems I've crossed the line. But at least now, I know where the line is. You can be sure I'll be more careful with my trolling...doesn't mean I'm gonna stop though...this forum will never be completely serious while I can help it!

And with that, let's bury the hatchet, shall we, madam? b:cute

If you think something is just a whine fest, come up with actual points to counter the argument. Dont just run around sayin QQ and carebear all day cause that just makes you look immature and frankly unintelligent. (my pet peeve) I actually just read the GMs explaination of gold prices and it actually makes some sense. (doesnt mean i agree with all of it XD)

::ahem:: Sir*

::hatchet buried::b:bye
    edited July 2009
    If you think something is just a whine fest, come up with actual points to counter the argument. Dont just run around sayin QQ and carebear all day cause that just makes you look immature and frankly unintelligent. (my pet peeve) I actually just read the GMs explaination of gold prices and it actually makes some sense. (doesnt mean i agree with all of it XD)

::ahem:: Sir*

::hatchet buried::b:bye

Yay! Super-Special-Awesome-Friend! b:cute

*chuckles* Because of our new friendship, I'll be serious for a moment. I agree with the fact that Xar-Xar-Binks' explanation seemed a little...well, I just didn't agree with all of it. But what happens, happens, and all we can do it wait...I'm not leavin' the game anytime soon.

...and I'm not unintelligent...childish, perhaps...but I am quite smart. Shootin' for my Bachelors in Computer Science right now, gunning for a Masters later on. I just like to let loose a little on here, as the studying and stuff gets a bit...well, stuffy.

...and I apologize...I meant Sir. You Venos and your single genders...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    reduce the spam a bit please b:shocked

But But Spam is tasty. Spam is also how Tiggy get people laughing and settled down when angry. Tiggy just wants everyone to get along spoon.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wow, gms actually read this stuff.b:chuckle
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Reading thru all these posts I cant believe the back lash of.. gold is too high, im quitting, too many sales etc...
    I remember a time when we did get good events, and they seemed to be fairly often. I also remember the response in-game and on the forums... thanks for another fail event gm's, this event sux, gm's sux blah blah...And it was not a select few whiners and cry babies, the game and forums were flooded.
    Well all i can say is you got what you whinged for, no more ( "fail" ) events no more partaking in activities with the server as a whole. What else was there left to do other than cash shop sale after sale after sale... I miss the old PWI . The criticizing whiners have noone to blame but them selves.. however we are all paying the price.. literally b:angry
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    But But Spam is tasty. Spam is also how Tiggy get people laughing and settled down when angry. Tiggy just wants everyone to get along spoon.
    5523d1233767930longspoo.jpg

a long spoon? Why?

I know Xarfox's response may not have satisfied everyones concerns perfectly, that's not possible, but trust me when I say that Xarfox, myself, and our PWI staff do have the players best interests in mind. With any patch, there are going to be some rough spots, and we can't expect everyone to jump on the band wagon immediately.

For this reason, we really do appreciate your patience with this patch, because only time will really tell what the lasting effects may be.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009

a long spoon? Why?

...This made me laugh way too hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009

a long spoon? Why?

I know Xarfox's response may not have satisfied everyones concerns perfectly, that's not possible, but trust me when I say that Xarfox, myself, and our PWI staff do have the players best interests in mind. With any patch, there are going to be some rough spots, and we can't expect everyone to jump on the band wagon immediately.

For this reason, we really do appreciate your patience with this patch, because only time will really tell what the lasting effects may be.
    b:laughb:laugh Your sence of humer is why we love you spoonb:kiss
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2009

The lasting effect is that its clear money > content in your eyes.

I'll be going to a certain game that gets my money monthly then tries very hard to keep that coming each month with new content and patches rather than gimmicks.

b:bye Very soon.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    The lasting effect is that its clear money > content in your eyes.

I'll be going to a certain game that gets my money monthly then tries very hard to keep that coming each month with new content and patches rather than gimmicks.

b:bye Very soon.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you speak to me as if I am the sole developer and coder of the game. b:chuckle
    edited July 2009
    Spoon is the little intern they send out to deal with the annoying pplb:chuckle
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *thumbs up*

Nicely said, you put very eloquently how I have been thinking these past few weeks....

Bummer, I really like this game, but I dont foresee myself staying put much longer.

Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame, PWE. Cause your gonna crash and burn, due to your greed.
    I don't think its the greed that is the problem. Think about it, if you had a business wouldn't you do what you could to make it thrive? There is nothing wrong with that. Now that isn't to say I agree with everything, but calling them greedy is unfair. It is a business and if you was in the same shoes, you'd be readily buying new sneakers just as often.

xarfox wrote: »
    Now regarding Jolly Old Jones, as stated, we are carefully watching this event and it's progress with draining the economy.
    I think the event is great! Why? Because I feel everything in the cash shop is too high, I even believe a lot of things in game are too high. Events like this help mellow it out. So your 100000 scarlet fruit you had saved up are now worth half their value. Save them for another 2 months, they'll be back up there.

However; you can't use the argument you are trying to drain the economy. What you are doing is putting it right down the crapper with a golden flusher. As a poster said her need for gold considerably went up, the new cube thing is just nuts and so is shattered gear. Those seriously are going to have to go, or better yet.. make gold hammers something you can do a quest for. OR since they are a 1 time use, how about lowering the price of them? 1 Gold each would be sufficient for PW to make enough money, especially now.

If the Shattered Gear system continues to keep Guardian Angels at an inflated price, that's honestly no problem, we can remedy that.
    Its already been addressed by several players it is a problem. They (we) aren't liking it. Why wait til everyone is so mad about it they quit all together? Why not fix the issue now!!???!!

Finally, the reality of the situation is that there isn't a game in existence that doesn't have a communication gap between the Player Base and the Development Team. We acknowledge that gap here at PWE and work hard to bridge it on a daily basis, just as we try to continue to build bridges with our players.
    Now THIS is one place I totally agree with you. I've not seen such great interaction with GM's in any game. I rather like it. However; as your "powers" are limited to the game itself mostly, it really stinks. Since you first hand are the ones seeing all the damage the devs/owners are doing to their player base.
    I still love you and the other GMs xarfox
    Of course we do. But no matter how much we love the GM's it doesn't change what is happening with the game. Not that anyone asked me; but, the game is too cost effective. Meaning now its at the point if you want to play it you are forced to buy from the cash shop. At level 50 it would be crazy to try to spend 1 million coins or more to buy a gold hammer. Some people do a better job at grinding/making money than others. But for me 1 mil is hard to come by. Any money I have saved was b/c I bought gold. Not b/c I was able to grind and keep it in game. To be honest at level 50 i did not even have 1 million coins to even buy a hammer. Which means that you can not "play" the game without purchasing cash shop through the cash shop. Or if you want to, you have to wait til you have the money which could be well after you hit lvl 50. Gears/repairs/weapons and things needed to play in game cost coins. Not like you can save everything you pick up.

That said, I love PWI. I will continue to play. The prize at the end is my entertainment. I can play weather I do spend money or not. Do I like it, no. But I like it enough to stay.

In the end, they are making it where coins are worth nothing. Its going to come down to a barter/trade system. Which is why I left my last MMO. But its hard to leave here...this game atm is top notch, if they don't continue to **** it up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Lets be honest. Just like after the duke rose incedent a bunch of people threatened to leave. Some did and some didn't. The people leaving didn't really hurt PWI too much cause more are constantly comming in. It's gonna be the same thing this time. To that mass migration everyone is talking about. Gotta remember atleast half if not more can not play a P2P game. Others Like PW too much. You all talk about this other game, But the fact is when it comes out you will leave. PW will continue and you will be replaced. So to all saying goodbye and are leaving. Goodbye and good riddance.

Brat about the hammer. You don't need it. Yes you wont be able to get you Supply stash stuff. But you don't need it. How many highs lvls was there that by the time the stash came out most of the stuff in it they couldn't use. The stuff in the stash is a luxury not nessesity the new mil gold chest are the same way. You don't need anything from the Cash Shop. Everyone seems to think you do but you dont.
    You can do everything a CS player can it just might take more time cause your earning it wile they are takeing a cheap short cut.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • BloodJoker - Heavens Tear
    BloodJoker - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *thumbs up*

Nicely said, you put very eloquently how I have been thinking these past few weeks....

Bummer, I really like this game, but I dont foresee myself staying put much longer.

Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame, PWE. Cause your gonna crash and burn, due to your greed.

exactly.. i have seen that happen to almost EVERY game ive ever played.. this one tho i thought would be different but i guess not.. guess it time to find yet another "perfect" game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Mercy For The Weak...
    No Pity For The Dieing...
    And No Tears For The Slain!
    edited July 2009
    exactly.. i have seen that happen to almost EVERY game ive ever played.. this one tho i thought would be different but i guess not.. guess it time to find yet another "perfect" game.

Lol, it's just the natural lifespan of an mmorpg. They know it's dying, so it's time to cash out.b:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I would have to point out that jumping to conclusions so early on is a bit, extreme? It hasn't been a day yet even.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would have to point out that jumping to conclusions so early on is a bit, extreme? It hasn't been a day yet even.

At least they are not complaining about fleshream.... you will know things are back to normal when people are back complaining about fleshream...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    At least they are not complaining about fleshream.... you will know things are back to normal when people are back complaining about fleshream...

MY GOD, you're right!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Spoon no offence but don't wast your time. Every game I've ever played has been the same. The game does some CS stuff (whitch there is nothing wrong with) and many player rather then being adults. Start saying the game owners are greedy and start jumping ship. What none of them realize most of the time it isn't the CS it the gamers that kill the game. I know PW don't hve to worry about it. People jump to conclusions that is a fact. You can't stop them. Just let them be impatient children. With PW's lack of bots and what I see from china everyone on the forums are clearly wrong. That and the fact that a very small prtion of PW's playerbase even comes to the forums. Meaning what is said here can not be taken as a general concesus.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited July 2009
    are u tempting me ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]