TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I would like to congratulate Legendary on a successful weekend and congratulate Nefarious on putting up a solid effort. To tell the truth I had lost all faith in this stalemate ever ending but it looks like Legendary has finally landed the first blow with the aid of her allies in Regicide.

Was this a fluke or have the tides of battle turned? What adjustments if any will Nefarious make for next week? Are we going to be seeing Regicide on the map again soon? Perhaps TW on Sanctuary is about to get interesting again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Pookypoo - Sanctuary
    Pookypoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Grats to Regicide for always not giving up, we can see your efforts. We need more people congratulating other participating factions instead of 2 big factions just patting themselves on the back each time. Recently all I see are LG and Nef gratting each other or themselves, kinda boring. Us outside viewers want some change! b:victory
    -eats popcorn-
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    greetings from the sand pits of nevada b:bye
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I would like to congratulate Legendary on a successful weekend and congratulate Nefarious on putting up a solid effort. To tell the truth I had lost all faith in this stalemate ever ending but it looks like Legendary has finally landed the first blow with the aid of her allies in Regicide.

Was this a fluke or have the tides of battle turned? What adjustments if any will Nefarious make for next week? Are we going to be seeing Regicide on the map again soon? Perhaps TW on Sanctuary is about to get interesting again.

Allies? Lol. Grats on your victory over Nef, now you can celebrate by recruiting our 9x's...
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    >.> i thought they decided to apply without any form of recruitment from legendary? if i am wrong meh...sry i guess?..
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
    edited June 2009
    Allies? Lol. Grats on your victory over Nef, now you can celebrate by recruiting our 9x's...

Perhaps I misspoke on the allies comment. In any case legendary doesn't really actively recruit. People apply on their own on the web site and our members discuss and vote on the merits of their application and their character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Not really. If Nef goes down then there's no one to balance Leg, and Leg becomes the 'new' Nef. There's still going to be a single faction taking the bulk of the map.

I think that, once people get over the idea that 'the big bad Nef' might be falling, they're going to realize exactly the position you guys are holding, and you're going to start catching more of the hate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That's assuming Legendary wants to take the entire map, which has not been a stated goal at all. What would really be the point to own the entire map?
    edited June 2009
    Personally I'd settle for just adding 1K Streams for that nice WQ teleport to East Barrier :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Perhaps I misspoke on the allies comment. In any case legendary doesn't really actively recruit. People apply on their own on the web site and our members discuss and vote on the merits of their application and their character.

If you care so much about gaining Nef territory, and using Regicide as a distraction, perhaps you should be denying the 9x's that apply for your guild. Regicide wont be much of a distraction if you leech all our high levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
    edited June 2009
    If you care so much about gaining Nef territory, and using Regicide as a distraction, perhaps you should be denying the 9x's that apply for your guild. Regicide wont be much of a distraction if you leech all our high levels.

Well I voted against it <_<
    Still the question becomes then if rejecting the player will cause them to stay in Regicide. If the person is fully intent on leaving Regicide and we don't take them they will just go to Nef. This is something we've seen with pretty much every high level player we reject. We reject a lot of these applicants for various reasons and it doesn't take long for them to pop up in the Nef's public recruitment forum.

I'm not going to say that these people won't be an asset to Nef though. Often the rejection is specific to why that player would not work well in Leg.

Secondly it is not that Regicide gains nothing from the attack. If Nef has most of its forces defending against Legendary, Regicide is more likely to succeed in its own attack. I know you have gotten close to taking down Nef's crystal on a few occasions so you guys winning land from a joint strike is a real possibility.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well I voted against it <_<
    Still the question becomes then if rejecting the player will cause them to stay in Regicide. If the person is fully intent on leaving Regicide and we don't take them they will just go to Nef. This is something we've seen with pretty much every high level player we reject. We reject a lot of these applicants for various reasons and it doesn't take long for them to pop up in the Nef's public recruitment forum.

I'm not going to say that these people won't be an asset to Nef though. Often the rejection is specific to why that player would not work well in Leg.
    If thats the reason, and it hurts to loose 90s but maybe its good they actually left, Regi? =( Its obvious where their loyalty lies and its obvious its not in a faction but the income.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That's assuming Legendary wants to take the entire map, which has not been a stated goal at all. What would really be the point to own the entire map?

You don't have to own the entire map, you just have to own the most land to set people off. And I have a feeling you guys aren't going to stop until you've at least taken a few more lands, which would put you in that position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ha. We have our own objectives, but owning the map is definitely not one of them. Burning weekend nights playing games with the alt factions and various others Nef feels compelled to throw at us is tiresome enough, I certainly don't have any interest in it being a long-term situation. Certainly we would like to expand a bit farther and consolidate our position, won't lie about that, but I fully agree with the consensus that TW is broken in respect to the lack of handicaps or limitations on expansion and has made for somewht of a boring playing field and server. I expect such a statement to be met by more than a pinch of cynicism by outsiders, but tis my stance regardless.

As for our recruiting, we do not actively recruit. If others wish to spam WC and hire whomever, that is their prerogative. I think some would be surprised at those we have turned away for various reasons, some being character, some being current faction. I believe in the last month or two, we have taken exactly 1 new member each directly coming from Nef or Reg, both of whom applied to us without any prompting; compare that to Nef, who actively tries to recruit from their competition. If another faction has an issue with our application process, I would encourage them to converse with me on the subject.
    edited June 2009
    Points made and acknowledged, Asterelle and Akasera.

Thank you for the mature response I was hoping for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Fun for all
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ha. We have our own objectives, but owning the map is definitely not one of them. Burning weekend nights playing games with the alt factions and various others Nef feels compelled to throw at us is tiresome enough, I certainly don't have any interest in it being a long-term situation. Certainly we would like to expand a bit farther and consolidate our position, won't lie about that, but I fully agree with the consensus that TW is broken in respect to the lack of handicaps or limitations on expansion and has made for somewht of a boring playing field and server. I expect such a statement to be met by more than a pinch of cynicism by outsiders, but tis my stance regardless.

As for our recruiting, we do not actively recruit. If others wish to spam WC and hire whomever, that is their prerogative. I think some would be surprised at those we have turned away for various reasons, some being character, some being current faction. I believe in the last month or two, we have taken exactly 1 new member each directly coming from Nef or Reg, both of whom applied to us without any prompting; compare that to Nef, who actively tries to recruit from their competition. If another faction has an issue with our application process, I would encourage them to converse with me on the subject.

I'd assume your application process is as reasonable as ours, fair enough.

What disheartens people is that even though it was an "allied victory," some would have to say it's arguable, with mixed feelings.

Seeing Officers give up their ranks and leave without a word, and see them admitted within minutes in Nef/Leg is despicable; furthermore, pretending to d/c to avoid any questions... Such irresponsibility disgusts me.

I mean it's understandable. No one, as far as I'm concerned of, pushed them into applying. No big deal, but I'm also sure Legendary have a reputation to consider when approving such members. Which is why I'm surprised they approved him(who's privacy I will respect by not naming them). I don't think Legendary would want to be known as the type of faction that has alternate motives.

Anyways, just my two cents. I'm not here to get into nit picking, nor start any fighting. That's just how I see things.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I can not say what went on in your faction between the person in question and others; honestly, I don't even know who your officers are past yourself and a couple others. What I do know is he came to us with a very strong app, very strong vouches, numerous friends and a wife in faction, and expressed discontent with his current faction. We had openings after inactive purging, and in light of the above decided to accept. It should also be realized we have seen all too often applicants from other factions come to us, be turned away, then leave the faction anyway to go elsewhere. If presented an application which passes inspection and approval by our faction members (and I don't just mean level/class), especially with numerous vouches, it is not for me to question the legitimacy of his personal reasons for desiring to switch.

I think it would surprise you just how many applicants from yours, and other, factions we have turned away, probably to our detriment in several purely pragmatic respects. I and my officers make no effort to recruit from other factions, and in fact such applications receive more scrutiny since I disdain bandwagoners and mercenaries and want no part of them. As far as my motives, I more or less already outlined them above, whether people care to believe them or not is beyond my control.
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    Viprae - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think it would surprise you just how many applicants from yours, and other, factions we have turned away, probably to our detriment in several purely pragmatic respects. I and my officers make no effort to recruit from other factions, and in fact such applications receive more scrutiny since I disdain bandwagoners and mercenaries and want no part of them. As far as my motives, I more or less already outlined them above, whether people care to believe them or not is beyond my control.

How about we make the applications public then? We have nothing to hide as far as I know. ^^

That way people can see for themselves who applies, is accepted, and rejected. If someone really wants to join the guild it shouldn't stop them from applying. If anything maybe add an option to hide comments if the member doesn't want it to be seen by non-members like we have for our polls.

I suppose that would take a bit of work though. :P
    edited June 2009
    How about we make the applications public then? We have nothing to hide as far as I know. ^^

That way people can see for themselves who applies, is accepted, and rejected. If someone really wants to join the guild it shouldn't stop them from applying. If anything maybe add an option to hide comments if the member doesn't want it to be seen by non-members like we have for our polls.

I suppose that would take a bit of work though. :P

No offense to your post, or anyone elses before hand

But this is called Perfect World International, Sanctuary Server Forum. Not Legendary Forum.

Keep your discussion with what you suggest to do with your faction and how you work it out of public forums, please.

Once again, no offense to any of you. Just pointing it out.

• Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow !!!!
    I have read the posts on last few days and I finally saw some mature and respectful discussion. Congratulations on having such dignity to stop flaming and stupid forum fights. TheDan gave quite an outstanding speech and his point of view was nicely explained.
    Good to see this happening

Cheers mates !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChickenWeed - Sanctuary
    ChickenWeed - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Aka is bored enough to post on forum now b:shocked. Anyway, it's a game, just enjoy yourself while doing TW, don't stress yourself out thinking too much b:chuckle
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    No offense to your post, or anyone elses before hand

But this is called Perfect World International, Sanctuary Server Forum. Not Legendary Forum.

Keep your discussion with what you suggest to do with your faction and how you work it out of public forums, please.

Once again, no offense to any of you. Just pointing it out.

No offense to your post, but unfortunately Legendary is part of the Sanctuary server. There is no reason I can't post it on public forums, and if you have a problem with it you don't have to read my posts. ^^
    edited June 2009
    Im quite aware of that. I dont have an issue with your posts in general, just that particular one. Why would I want to block all of your posts because I disagree with one in particular? That would be rather silly, dont you think?

• Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree with TheDan b:shocked
  • Qqmoar - Harshlands
    Qqmoar - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow !!!!
    I have read the posts on last few days and I finally saw some mature and respectful discussion. Congratulations on having such dignity to stop flaming and stupid forum fights. TheDan gave quite an outstanding speech and his point of view was nicely explained.
    Good to see this happening

Cheers mates !

STFU moron.
  • Qqmoar - Harshlands
    Qqmoar - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No offense to your post, but unfortunately Legendary is part of the Sanctuary server. There is no reason I can't post it on public forums, and if you have a problem with it you don't have to read my posts. ^^

You're an idiot who feels they need to have some recognition, therefore, posting in this thread talking about your guild suggestions.

You were **** in Rebirth, and I am sure you are still ****. Keep your personal **** where it belongs...in the gutter along with the rest of your life.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    STFU moron.

Ooohh ! Another desperate troll wannabe !b:chuckle
    Go spend you boredom someplace else dude !
    Just GO !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    You're an idiot who feels they need to have some recognition, therefore, posting in this thread talking about your guild suggestions.

You were **** in Rebirth, and I am sure you are still ****. Keep your personal **** where it belongs...in the gutter along with the rest of your life.

Oh? I was never aware I was in Rebirth. This is indeed news to me. From what I remember I've been in Legendary since level 4x. ^^

Should I reintroduce myself to you since you seem to think you know me?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Can ya feel the love just radiating off of that guy?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.