Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

Options

Comments

• beed
    beed Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Or u can make an alt and mail the genie while its in Trading Mode [Hvae to 168 hrs i believe]

Brilliant.

Thanks
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Or u can make an alt and mail the genie while its in Trading Mode [Hvae to 168 hrs i believe]

Yup....THX!! I always forget about this b:cute

However, you cannot mail it till after the 168 hours have been fulfilled.
    Hi, and a next batch of questions from me:

Basically I would like to obtain a perfect (or at least 61+ LP) genie. What is the best/fastest/easiest way to do it? I am thinking about this:

1. Get a genie at lvl 1.
    2. Level it up using spi/exp infuse.
    3. Check whether your genie gain around 7.625 LP per level. In other words; have about:
    • 7 LP before 20 glvl
    • 15 LP before 30 glvl
    • 22 LP before 40 glvl
    • 30 LP before 50 glvl
    • 38 LP before 60 glvl
    • 45 LP before 70 glvl
    • 53 LP before 80 glvl
    Depending on how lucky you feel - choose one of the colored levels, and check whether or not your genie is good. The lower level you check the safer you are, but the faster you can forget about a potentially good genie.
    YES: go to 6
    NO: go to 4
    4. Decompose the genie & buy a new one.
    5. Feed the new one with the exp cube from the last one. go to 3.
    6. Congrats!

Or I should buy the exp cubes? Buy other stuff? Thanks for any tips.

Ok....I know people want the "perfect" Genie, so here is my advice.

IF you do not have the Genie at 41 by level 60 trash it. It is easier to start over then keep pushing your luck. If you are not at 61 Lucky Points by 80, well....fail I guess you can say.

However...here is the problem I can see you running into: Lack of Spirit and Exp. I NEVER recommend that you use your exp unless you really, really want to grind out your levels. Also, your spirit right now is sparse as it is and would be much better suited for any skills you need.

You can buy exp cubes but they are expensive and level reliant. Also, when you decompose your Genie there is a penalty with the exp that takes place. This means that you will not get 100% of the experience that you had on the Genie. Leading to some of the issues above.

Needless to say, it is all based on Luck and there is no "easy" nor fast way. Unless you are a much higher level and have the spirit to spare. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SerenityStar - Dreamweaver
    SerenityStar - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hi, first off I want to say that this is a wonderful guide, I was so not sure how to do the genie thing before reading this guide.

I have 3 questions though:

1: In two diffrent parts in your guide you called the Longevity and Infliction genies both spring and summer so I was wondering which is which?

There are four different Genies, one of each season: Longevity (Summer), Discipline (Winter), Zeal (Autumn), Infliction (Spring). Each genie has a unique nascent skill when you first receive them, however,all other skills must be obtained through upgrading.
    Red 15 5 3 5 (Summer - Infliction) Strength affinity
    White 3 5 15 5 (Winter - Discipline) Vitality affinity
    Orange 5 3 5 15 (Fall - Zeal) Magic affinity
    Blue 5 15 5 3 (Spring - Longevity) Dexterity affinity

2: my genie is lv13 same as me and at lv 10 it only got 2 lucky points since there random am I ok or is that out the window? p.s. I'm not really worryed about a perfect genie just something purple or higher would be good.

3: I was going to build mag to try and get another skill, but I'm thinking now I may want to just go DD or DD/heal with it, it's lv 13 same as me,so far I have 6 on str, 16 on mag and dex is still at 15 and vit is still at 5, it's a longevity genie and I'm a BM, do you think my plan is good and if so did I ruin it by put so many points in to mag, or am I ok?

Thank you in advance for your help, and great guide ^^

Edit: oh by the way I saw the posts about the chi stones and I think you right it's just better to feed it the basic, if I did the math right(not my best subject, but I gave it a shot) if you just took all the basic chi stones that it would take to make one perfect stone (19,602 if I remember corect) and feed it to the genie it would restore like about 784,080 stamina as apoesed to 720 for that one prefect stone, as for inventory space I'd just feed it till it's full, and only make them when I need them,then my inventory's clear
    Those who think only sunshine is happiness have never danced in the rain. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hi, first off I want to say that this is a wonderful guide, I was so not sure how to do the genie thing before reading this guide.

I have 3 questions though:

1: In two diffrent parts in your guide you called the Longevity and Infliction genies both spring and summer so I was wondering which is which?

Oops....nice catch thank you. Longevity = Spring and Inflication = Summer.

2: my genie is lv13 same as me and at lv 10 it only got 2 lucky points since there random am I ok or is that out the window? p.s. I'm not really worryed about a perfect genie just something purple or higher would be good.

Well, since it gains every 10 levels, you might want to wait it out for a few levels. It can be hard to gauge early on, but I generally tell people that if you are not at 61/80 at level 80, then trash it.

If you are not worried about the Perfect Genie, then wait it out till about level 60. The first evolution does not take place until 41 Lucky Points anyways, so you have to at least wait until then.

The issue though is that it is just a million times better and easier to "raise" the Genie level for level.

3: I was going to build mag to try and get another skill, but I'm thinking now I may want to just go DD or DD/heal with it, it's lv 13 same as me,so far I have 6 on str, 16 on mag and dex is still at 15 and vit is still at 5, it's a longevity genie and I'm a BM, do you think my plan is good and if so did I ruin it by put so many points in to mag, or am I ok?

To be honest, you really do not need another skill till much later. It would be better for you to wait it out and see what happens.

The hardest part for many I think is these Attribute points. The main thing to remember is that what you stat is very much dependent on the skills you are going to have on your Genie. Some require certain points and amounts of those points to level the skill. You should be watching that. I think that you can wait to add another skill much later on.

Unless you are a rich level 13, then you are going to have to deal with the stats you have. Unless you decide to charge Zen and in that case you can buy an Attribute Reset. But I think that you might be ok, decide first what skills you want and how you plan on using your Genie.

Thank you in advance for your help, and great guide ^^

Edit: oh by the way I saw the posts about the chi stones and I think you right it's just better to feed it the basic, if I did the math right(not my best subject, but I gave it a shot) if you just took all the basic chi stones that it would take to make one perfect stone (19,602 if I remember corect) and feed it to the genie it would restore like about 784,080 stamina as apoesed to 720 for that one prefect stone, as for inventory space I'd just feed it till it's full, and only make them when I need them,then my inventory's clear

I fed mine until full and then if and when I get a chance I refill. No point in people going broke to feed the stamina. People have to keep in mind though that some skills will "eat" way more stamina then others.

Glad you like the Guide, Thank you!!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What is the best way to lvl up your genie without using your own sp or xp?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What is the best way to lvl up your genie without using your own sp or xp?

Unfortunately that is the only way, besides using an EXP cube. Those can be costly depending on the Genie's level that was decomposed.

Additionally, it is much easier to level it with you because of the penalty in infusing the exp or sp. Those in the "middle" level range have a hard time with spirit so it might be difficult to infuse a ton of sp and I NEVER recommend using your exp unless you do not mind grinding more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ruzaak - Dreamweaver
    Ruzaak - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok, there is one thing that I didnt find in your guide that I need to know really bad.

For some random reason I cant infuse EXP to my genie. The only option it will allow me to do is infuse with EXP cube. It wont let me infuse with spirit nor just plain old EXP. I have no idea how to get an EXP cube or even how to use one. I have enough EXP and spirit to use so that's not the case. So when I try to infuse with the cube (I never even put one in there still) it says to put in the genie storage item.

So could you please help me? I really really need it. It's frustrating to not be able to level up my genie.
  • Chilo - Heavens Tear
    Chilo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I had this problem too. I suppose you genie is in Tradabel mode? Switch it back to Not Tradable and it should be ok then. Bug, in my opiniion.
  • Ruzaak - Dreamweaver
    Ruzaak - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Omg, thank you sooooo much!! You like saved my life. Haha, something so simple :)
  • mirabelka99
    mirabelka99 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If anyone know more about that LOYALTY POINT ?? Especially how to increase this point... ?? b:puzzled b:sad
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If anyone know more about that LOYALTY POINT ?? Especially how to increase this point... ?? b:puzzled b:sad

Sorry for not responding sooner, as I have been on Vacation.

As far as Loyalty Points...as of right now everyone's is set at 50 and has not changed. Not sure if this feature is going to be implemented or if there is a glitch.

The Lucky Point system is however working fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• JasmineSoul - Sanctuary
    JasmineSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This is a very good genie guide, in fact I've not seen any other ones. But, if there were others, this would still be a very good guide...b:cute

090723-BjPO3Xh0HKYX.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This is a very good genie guide, in fact I've not seen any other ones. But, if there were others, this would still be a very good guide...b:cute

Thank you very much!! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    All of this information confirms my belief that the whole Genie design is much too complicated. Having said that my problem is this:

I infused my Genie and it says that its Lvl 12. I have obtained 3 Earth Affinity Points.

I go to the skill tree and it says there is a skill at level 10 requiring 1 earth affinity point.

How do I link this skill to my Genie. Thanks in advance.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    abcyang wrote: »
    All of this information confirms my belief that the whole Genie design is much too complicated. Having said that my problem is this:
    I infused my Genie and it says that its Lvl 12. I have obtained 3 Earth Affinity Points.
    I go to the skill tree and it says there is a skill at level 10 requiring 1 earth affinity point.
    How do I link this skill to my Genie. Thanks in advance.

You have to unequip the Genie and at the NPC go to "Learn Skill." You should then be able to learn the skill as long as the Genie is the correct level and the required Affinity points are placed.

To learn the skill, place the genie in the top left corner of the "Learn Skill" box and it will allow you to click on a skill to learn. You continually click it is you wish to level the skill up.

Let me know if this does not help and I will try to explain better! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    my genie has already the 3 skills that I wanted on it. After, I will fully leveled these skills when my genie gets to level 58.

questions:

is there any good reasons to continue leveling it after 58?

I understand I could get a 4th skill if the mag gets to 80, this could be a reason to continue leveling up.

I also understand I can add more points on the other stats to make my genie better.

if I decide to continue leveling my genie after 58.

is there any benefits on adding more points on affinity points even though I dont need them as they are ok minimum wise for current and future skills?
  • quirra
    quirra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Question answered. Ignore.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    my genie has already the 3 skills that I wanted on it. After, I will fully leveled these skills when my genie gets to level 58.

questions:

is there any good reasons to continue leveling it after 58?

I understand I could get a 4th skill if the mag gets to 80, this could be a reason to continue leveling up.

I also understand I can add more points on the other stats to make my genie better.

if I decide to continue leveling my genie after 58.

is there any benefits on adding more points on affinity points even though I dont need them as they are ok minimum wise for current and future skills?

1) Genies get better at higher level

2) 40 Mag points will get you 4th skill

3) Adding Affinity points can and will help, but you can ait till later if like. Generally the affinity points are meant to increase time of Genie skill, strength of Genie skill, duration, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *votes for a sticky*
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *votes for a sticky*

b:cute Thank you very much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mange_Ca - Heavens Tear
    Mange_Ca - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Great Guide!, i dont usualy post but after reading all of it i can't find any questions.....this deserve my voice.
    Only 1 thing in the title i would rather call this guide
    "Ultimate Newbie Genie Guide"
    Noob can be insulting. but this is just my opinion.

Voting for a sticky! (it should be a sticky already)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Great Guide!, i dont usualy post but after reading all of it i can't find any questions.....this deserve my voice.
    Only 1 thing in the title i would rather call this guide
    "Ultimate Newbie Genie Guide"
    Noob can be insulting. but this is just my opinion.

Voting for a sticky! (it should be a sticky already)

Thank you and I agree about the name but could not change it afterwards b:sad

But thank you for the Sticky Vote b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1) Genies get better at higher level

2) 40 Mag points will get you 4th skill

3) Adding Affinity points can and will help, but you can ait till later if like. Generally the affinity points are meant to increase time of Genie skill, strength of Genie skill, duration, etc.

my current genie level is 58. the 4 skills are to the level I want them.

I'm interested in a 5th skill, but I think to get my genie to mag 80 is almost imposible. current stats: vit 52, mag 42, dex and mag on 5 each. 1 point available to be alocated.

80-42=38, I think hoping to get 38 more genie points is not practicle.

I;m wondering if I should stop leveling the genie and make a second one with the new skill that I want.

the issue with switching genies is the energy is zero when you do.

btw, when I mean affinity, I was talking about earth, wood, fire and water.

do I get any benefit in adding more points on these stats even though the skills dont require more?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    my current genie level is 58. the 4 skills are to the level I want them.

I'm interested in a 5th skill, but I think to get my genie to mag 80 is almost imposible. current stats: vit 52, mag 42, dex and mag on 5 each. 1 point available to be alocated.

80-42=38, I think hoping to get 38 more genie points is not practicle.

I;m wondering if I should stop leveling the genie and make a second one with the new skill that I want.

the issue with switching genies is the energy is zero when you do.

btw, when I mean affinity, I was talking about earth, wood, fire and water.

do I get any benefit in adding more points on these stats even though the skills dont require more?

First, once you have 60 attribute points, it will then take 2 points to raise one of the stats by one point. This is where is gets to be a pain if you want to have 5 Genie skills. Which I personally do not know anyone who has 5 skills on one Genie (not to say there is not one). I think that many would rather have better duration, etc then the 5th skill.

As far as getting a 2nd Genie...I know a lot of people who have several Genies. But these Genies are meant for specific purposes: GV, PvP, TW, etc. Different skills and such depending on what they are going to be doing. But I can say that switching them in between what you are doing is not effective because of the stamina recharge like you said.

I personally have 3 set skills and change out the 4th as needed.

Because I do not know the intentions of getting this new skill, nor the actual skill, it is hard for me to give a full opinion in regards to whether you should make another Genie or not. If it is for a specific purpose, then I would say, yes make a 2nd built Genie.

I maintain that you need to use your Spirit for your own skills first, but you and I both know that at these levels we cannot use, nor get rid of, or Spirit fast enough. This is why I just change out skills when and if I need too.

--> Sorry about the Affinity thing b:surrender...I blame it on not having enough coffee...lol

Anyways, in terms of Affinity Points. The more you place in the one specific Affinity, the more powerful any skill related to is should be. I know no way of testing this, but in theory this is how it should work. You will have plenty of Affinity points to just about max most of the Affinities once your Genie is closer to your own level.

* Hope this helps, let me know if I have not answered your question *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you pretty much answered my questions.

The first genie I made was to deal with magic mobs.

this genie has:
    Lightning Chaser: to cancell mag attacks*
    Blood Clot: to get inmunity to bleed.*
    Wind Shield: to reduce damage taken
    Tree of Protection: to save my behind in case thigns go wrong.

*these two skills with my regular cancelling and stun skills are enough to deal with magic mobs as my issue is to block the mag atack since the physical they do is nothing for me.

My second genie would be to deal with higher level physical mobs in which their attack is an issue for me.

I want to have:
    Whirlwind: to inmobilize them for two secs (and get a third sec by having dex to 40)
    Earth Strand: to inmobilize them for two secs (and get a third sec by having dex to 40)

with these two I can have 6 secs of inmobilazation

I want to have also windshield and tree of protection.

I will need at least to have as stats for this genie:

Dex: 40 (to gain the extra second)
    mag:40 (to gain 4th skill)
    energie: 140 as this is the biggest of the 3 cases=>
    -whinshield (level 1) +earth strand (level 1)=85+55= 140
    -tree of protection level 10=130
    -windshield level 10=72

windsshield level 10 is at genie level 58. So, this could be at least the minimun.

However, I need about 14 atribute points. I need 3 metal (windshield), 1 wood (tree of protection), 2 water (whirlwind), 7 earth (earth strand), 1 fire (whirlwind)=> total 14 attribute points.

Since I get 1 initially plus 1 every 5 levels. My genie needs to be level 65 (13x5)

questions:

-which genie should I get (dicipline, infliction, ect)?
    -how many points on vit to have energie on 140? (this might raise the minium level for my genie from 65)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    questions:

-which genie should I get (dicipline, infliction, ect)?
    -how many points on vit to have energie on 140?

For which Genie you get, you have two options really: Discipline (Vit affinity) or Longevity (Dex affinity). The only differences between the 2 are, (1) the look and (2) the starting stats. Whichever affinity you decide that one affinity will have 15 versus 5 starting attribute points.

You will need 40 points into Vit to have 140 stamina on your Genie.

I think your build is very possible. And consider that based on the Lucky Points of the Genie you will receive extra attribute points to be placed.

I would recommend getting the Genie to level 60 at least and then from there seeing what you need. (It is better to raise your Genie levels in 10's so if you are going for 65, just aim for 70 for the extra Lucky Points).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hoodat
    hoodat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok so i have chi stones for my genie stamina which is quite low. But i cannot figure out how to use them? does this happen automatically?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For which Genie you get, you have two options really: Discipline (Vit affinity) or Longevity (Dex affinity). The only differences between the 2 are, (1) the look and (2) the starting stats. Whichever affinity you decide that one affinity will have 15 versus 5 starting attribute points.

You will need 40 points into Vit to have 140 stamina on your Genie.

I think your build is very possible. And consider that based on the Lucky Points of the Genie you will receive extra attribute points to be placed.

I would recommend getting the Genie to level 60 at least and then from there seeing what you need. (It is better to raise your Genie levels in 10's so if you are going for 65, just aim for 70 for the extra Lucky Points).

So it would be:

40 dex, 40 mag and 40 vit and 3 STR.

i picked the one 3 str of the two you mentioned.

is there any way I can reset and leave str to zero? would that be a good idea?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hoodat wrote: »
    Ok so i have chi stones for my genie stamina which is quite low. But i cannot figure out how to use them? does this happen automatically?

Click on the stones and drag to your Genie.
    So it would be:

40 dex, 40 mag and 40 vit and 3 STR.

is there any way I can reset and leave str to zero? would that be a good idea?

In all honesty I doubt you can reset to zero. But this I have never tested. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hoodat
    hoodat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok i figured it out its the genie icon in your inventory screen b:laugh. Thanks