Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

Comments

• britna
    britna Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well i have a problem, i decomposed my genie (it was lev 35) and i got the cube but i can't seem to get another one...and idk what to do, and yes i am new to the genie thing but i am a level 42 veno. so im not a complete noob.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Now the "gimme" part is not very nice.....b:sad

But no, sorry. I like it too much b:cute

Anyways, you have a Genie question that I can answer?

"please" gimme it now?b:scornb:question
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    britna wrote: »
    well i have a problem, i decomposed my genie (it was lev 35) and i got the cube but i can't seem to get another one...and idk what to do, and yes i am new to the genie thing but i am a level 42 veno. so im not a complete noob.

You only get one free Genie from the NPC.

To get another one you will need 3 Mirage stones, then you can pick your Genie -or- You can also buy one from another player, but watch for scammers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is it unusual to simply not use a genie? I'm a lvl 31 cleric, and I didn't lvl my genie when I first got it, and now I really can't afford to lose the experience or the spirit. I also find the idea of having to spend money to "refuel it" more of a burden despite the beneficial skills i might be able to teach it. Is my thinking flawed? I guess I'm asking why so many people travel around with their genies and take the time to level it up?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    still reading the guide <.> btw i think you mixed something up-

Every 10 levels your genie gets luck points, 1-10. The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that . The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that’s super rare. You can also tell by pressing B and hovering over your genie
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Is it unusual to simply not use a genie? I'm a lvl 31 cleric, and I didn't lvl my genie when I first got it, and now I really can't afford to lose the experience or the spirit. I also find the idea of having to spend money to "refuel it" more of a burden despite the beneficial skills i might be able to teach it. Is my thinking flawed? I guess I'm asking why so many people travel around with their genies and take the time to level it up?

Nope, it is not unusual at all!! I personally only have my Genie to lvl60 and can count on two hands how many times I have used it.

My feeling was that I would rather have the Spirit to upgrade all my skills...which they all are now. And please do not ever use your exp...b:surrender

And I think so many people go around with un leveled Genies is because it looks good? No idea...But I do know that the Genies do not really help much in the later levels anyways.

Level your skills first
    and if you feel you have some extra start putting it in your Genie. The "penalty" gets worse the higher level you are away from your Genies level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Nope, it is not unusual at all!! I personally only have my Genie to lvl60 and can count on two hands how many times I have used it.

My feeling was that I would rather have the Spirit to upgrade all my skills...which they all are now. And please do not ever use your exp...b:surrender

And I think so many people go around with un leveled Genies is because it looks good? No idea...But I do know that the Genies do not really help much in the later levels anyways.

Level your skills first
    and if you feel you have some extra start putting it in your Genie. The "penalty" gets worse the higher level you are away from your Genies level.

Aw, thanks RedsRose, it's good knowing that I'm not committing a huge mistake b:chuckle

Yeah, I have my hands full just trying to grind spirit and balance learning my basic cleric skills to match up against the mobs I'm killing and for party support... maybe I'll make an alt character later on if I feel like I want a genie, level it with that character and then trade it over.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Aw, thanks RedsRose, it's good knowing that I'm not committing a huge mistake b:chuckle

Yeah, I have my hands full just trying to grind spirit and balance learning my basic cleric skills to match up against the mobs I'm killing and for party support... maybe I'll make an alt character later on if I feel like I want a genie, level it with that character and then trade it over.

No problem...you will be strapped for Spirit for a while. You will not really start to get some "extra" until about your late 60's early 70's.

And making an alt to level your Genie is something that a lot of people are doing. Lol...but to honest I have not even leveled the Genie on my alt b:surrender.

But good luck and if you ever have any Genie questions just post on here as I check it regularly! b:cute

still reading the guide <.> btw i think you mixed something up-

Every 10 levels your genie gets luck points, 1-10. The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that . The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that’s super rare. You can also tell by pressing B and hovering over your genie

Corrected! Thank you! (But the Ninetails is still mine...*smile*)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Iar - Heavens Tear
    Iar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi, I have built a genie in my old char (with good lucky points) and wants to transfer it to my new char, is it possible to send it by mail? And thanks for making this helpful thread :)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Hi, I have built a genie in my old char (with good lucky points) and wants to transfer it to my new char, is it possible to send it by mail? And thanks for making this helpful thread :)

Hello, I am glad that you found the thread helpful! b:cute

To answer your questions:

In order to Trade your Genie you need to first set it to the "Trade Ready" state:

"The tradeable mode option is one in which allows for other players to trade or sell there genies. However, one must keep in mind that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Iar - Heavens Tear
    Iar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the reply, I know that it can be traded, but can it be mail? have anyone try it before?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the reply, I know that it can be traded, but can it be mail? have anyone try it before?

Once it is in the Trade Ready state, you should be able to send it.

I have not tried it but I can today and will let you know. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shivia - Dreamweaver
    Shivia - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Genie Stamina Replenishment Chart - Chi Stones:
    Yiyuan stone: +40 stamina
    Liangyi stone (3 Yiyuan): +80 stamina
    Santsai stone (9 Yiyuan): +160 stamina
    Ssuhsiang stone (27 Yiyuan): +240 stamina
    Wuhsing stone (81 Yiyuan): +320 stamina
    Liuho stone (243 Yiyuan): +400 stamina
    Chihsing stone (729 Yiyuan): +480 stamina
    Pakua stone (2,178 Yiyuan): +560 stamina
    Chiukung stone (6,534 Yiyuan): +640 stamina
    Perfect stone (19,602 Yiyuan): +720 stamina

If I am not mistaken the chart should represent the subsequent powers of 3. Thus, these are the correct results (correct me if I am wrong):

Pakua stone: 2 187 Yiyuan
    Chiukung stone: 6 561 Yiyuan
    Perfect stone: 19 683 Yiyuan

That said, it's easily noticeable that transforming Yiyuan into a Perfect stone (and not giving it right away to your Genie) make you loose about 786 600 (sic!) stamina!! Now, my question: what is the reason, then, to even think about transmutation?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    If I am not mistaken the chart should represent the subsequent powers of 3. Thus, these are the correct results (correct me if I am wrong):

Pakua stone: 2 187 Yiyuan
    Chiukung stone: 6 561 Yiyuan
    Perfect stone: 19 683 Yiyuan

That said, it's easily noticeable that transforming Yiyuan into a Perfect stone (and not giving it right away to your Genie) make you loose about 786 600 (sic!) stamina!! Now, my question: what is the reason, then, to even think about transmutation?

In terms of the numbers, I am not sure if it was/is supposed to be represented in powers of 3. There is a lot of weird things in this game b:surrender. This is borrowed and I assume that the numbers are accurate and if not 100%, accurate enough to give an overall idea as to how many stones on needs to combine in order to make higher level stones.

Having said that, you are not the first to post in this guide that the numbers seem off/odd in terms of replacing a Genie's stamina.
    It looks like its not worth combining the lower level stones at all.
    If I have 3 Yiyuan that I feed my genie, it gets 120 stamina.
    If I combine them to a Liangyi and feed my genie, it gets 80 stamina.

People shouldn't be buying Perfect Stones, they should be buying Yiyuan Stones.
    True, but a point to remember is that you can only have so many stones in a single stack, and having a bank full of stacks of stones is not fun.
    Yes true, but now that the cupboard and wardrobe are open, my bank went from jam packed to finally having space again...YAH!!!!

Anyways, I believe the limit is 1000 stones in a stack.

People just like to think that the higher the level the better b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shivia - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Thanks!

I've got one more question. I am a wizard, and I decided to get the longevity (green) genie (surprise, surprise). That is mainly because I want to dump points into DEX to get most of the time skills of my genie . There is only one, but big obstacle standing in the way: it's look. I know that I should be a power gamer, and wear a bag of poo on my head if it provided me with best stats, but I simply find the Discipline genie so beautiful, that I can't think of anything that I could walk around with for the whole game.

My question is: will it have a considerable impact if I choose the disc. instead of long.? Is someone of you unhappy because of the look of your genie, or in time you just got attached to it and you simply don't care?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Thanks!
    My question is: will it have a considerable impact if I choose the disc. instead of long.? Is someone of you unhappy because of the look of your genie, or in time you just got attached to it and you simply don't care?

First, there are some people who care and others who don't. I do know some male players that trashed the Infliction Genie because it was pink. b:chuckle And there are those that do not care and only want the skills they want. It is a personal decision.

Second, the main and only difference between the Genies is the color and its starting stats. The starting stats are designed to give the player a boost in attribute points for the specific skills they want to add.

Genies - STR DEX WIL INT

15 5 3 5 (Summer - Infliction) Strength affinity
    3 5 15 5 (Winter - Discipline) Vitality affinity
    5 3 5 15 (Fall - Zeal) Magic affinity
    5 15 5 3 (Spring - Longevity) Dexterity affinity

I have a habit of telling people to choose the skills you want first and then decide on the Genie and stats. This is because you need to ensure you have the correct stats for what you want to do and additionally the correct Affinity assignment.

If you want to use Dex I would say that the best Genie for you would be the Longevity Genie since it starts with the Dexterity affinity (+15 Dex), a nice head start for your skills. Also, the Dex only affects the Genie not your character in any way.

However, there is nothing that says you cannot have the Discipline Genie. In fact one Vit increases the max energy of your genie by 1. However, if you are getting all Dex skills, I would just pump the Attribute points into Dex from then on out, especially since you want the skill duration.

STR:
    1 point of str adds about 1% damage to a genies skills
    DEX: 1 point of dex increases the range, duration and success rate of status effects
    VIT/WIL: 1 point of vit increases the max energy of your genie by 1
    MAG/INT:
    40 points of magic gives your genie 1 more skill slot to learn a skill
    50 points of magic increases the energy recovery rate by 1/sec

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shivia - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Thanks v. 2.0 :)

Just one one small question. Attributes above 40 cost 2 points. In case of genie primary stat, it would be 55? Or maybe you have to pay 1 always? Or you always have to pay 2, but in case of primary attribute you just have those 10-12 points more in this stat? If that's the case, then - assuming I will have to upgrade the VIT to get more stamina - there's basically almost no difference.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Thanks v. 2.0 :)

Just one one small question. Attributes above 40 cost 2 points. In case of genie primary stat, it would be 55? Or maybe you have to pay 1 always? Or you always have to pay 2, but in case of primary attribute you just have those 10-12 points more in this stat? If that's the case, then - assuming I will have to upgrade the VIT to get more stamina - there's basically almost no difference.

Stamina is hit or miss in that it greatly depends on the skill being used and the level at which it is at. There are some skills that have a much larger output of stamina and therefore will require more. Off the top of my head, I am tempted to say that Tree of Protection is one of those skills.

The difference is and will be there, it just may not be all that noticeable or significant till the level of the Genie and its skills.

I would still recommend sticking to the Attributes needed for the skill itself. In general for a Dex Genie, the vit should be 50% below the Dex IF you are going to decide. After the specific Attribute is at 40, that one specific Attribute will "cost" 2 points to level it further.

Was that your question? I hope I answered it all, if not let me know!
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xstarry - Heavens Tear
    Xstarry - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So then how would you get your genie's overall lucky points to increase? like for example: if your genie had ?/60 LP, is it possible for it to obtain ?/80, or possibly more? if so, how? O.o
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    So then how would you get your genie's overall lucky points to increase? like for example: if your genie had ?/60 LP, is it possible for it to obtain ?/80, or possibly more? if so, how? O.o

There is only one way to obtain Lucky Points, and it is literally based on luck.

Lucky points simply adds extra attribute points to the genie. Genies receive 1 point per level and every 10 levels receive a bonus of up to 10 lucky points. Thus a lucky genie can double its points.

Basically if you fail to reach the first Evolution (41 Lucky points) by lvl 60 (the Genies level), it is not really worth it to level just for the Lucky Points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaye - Lost City
    Kaye - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I accidently added 4 earth attribute points where I wanted to add to wood. >_> Really stupid mistake.. I am considering a Stone of Refreshment, but I have no clue where to find one/how much it would cost?? Is it worth it? >.o
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I accidently added 4 earth attribute points where I wanted to add to wood. >_> Really stupid mistake.. I am considering a Stone of Refreshment, but I have no clue where to find one/how much it would cost?? Is it worth it? >.o

4 Attribute or Affinity?

There is a huge difference.

Anyways, the resets are in the Boutique (cash shop item). You would need to buy gold (rl money or from the ah) or from another player. I believe (off the top of my head) that they are 3 gold and I generally see them for around 350-450k.

IF you mean Affinity, then yes it will be worth it because that has all to do with the skills you are getting. If attribute, I am not sure that 4 points will make much of a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaye - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    @RedsRose

I mean affinity, sorry. If I were to buy it from the auction house under what category would you find them? Thank you.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    @RedsRose

I mean affinity, sorry. If I were to buy it from the auction house under what category would you find them? Thank you.

Lol...no worries, just be SURE the stone/orb you get is for the Affinity points.

I meant buying the Gold from the AH. I think it is averaging 135-140k, meaning that at 140k for 3 Gold would cost you 420k. Or try to find someone selling one for less.

I am not sure that that item can be sold in there.

It is odd though because I have some stones that came with my Genie, maybe because I was a higher level? But they cannot be traded but will reset Affinity and some for Attribute points.

Talk with the NPC and see if there is a quest first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaye - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Lol...no worries, just be SURE the stone/orb you get is for the Affinity points.

I meant buying the Gold from the AH. I think it is averaging 135-140k, meaning that at 140k for 3 Gold would cost you 420k. Or try to find someone selling one for less.

I am not sure that that item can be sold in there.

It is odd though because I have some stones that came with my Genie, maybe because I was a higher level? But they cannot be traded but will reset Affinity and some for Attribute points.

Talk with the NPC and see if there is a quest first.

On my LC cleric I know it came with my genie (7x), but I made the mistake on my HL wizard so I think you're right about that. Problem is I have noo idea what orb/stone is the right one...
    Edit: I just logged on my cleric and it was the Order of Origination (attribute points) that I recieved, plus two EXP cubes.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    On my LC cleric I know it came with my genie (7x), but I made the mistake on my HL wizard so I think you're right about that. Problem is I have noo idea what orb/stone is the right one...

You will need this:

STONE OF REFRESHMENT
    : Resets ALL of your Genie's elemental affinity points for re-distribution any way you like!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• beed
    beed Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I apologize if this was covered.
    I scanned through and didn't see it, but it's a large thread, so I may have missed it.

I was trying to figure out the genie thing in-game.
    I changed it's status to tradeable and waited until it was trade ready.
    Then I did something that may have been very stupid, I dunno.
    I sold it to the watcher.
    Not dismissed, sold.
    I thought once I sold it I would be able to get another easily, but apparently that's not the case.
    So, can I get a new genie?
    If so, how?
    I'm stumped.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    beed wrote: »
    I apologize if this was covered.
    I scanned through and didn't see it, but it's a large thread, so I may have missed it.

I was trying to figure out the genie thing in-game.
    I changed it's status to tradeable and waited until it was trade ready.
    Then I did something that may have been very stupid, I dunno.
    I sold it to the watcher.
    Not dismissed, sold.
    I thought once I sold it I would be able to get another easily, but apparently that's not the case.
    So, can I get a new genie?
    If so, how?
    I'm stumped.

Ooooo sorry to hear.

Well, you can get a new Genie but it will not be for free. You will need 3 Mirage stones and then you can pick the Genie you would like out of the 4 types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear
    ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ooooo sorry to hear.

Well, you can get a new Genie but it will not be for free. You will need 3 Mirage stones and then you can pick the Genie you would like out of the 4 types.

Or u can make an alt and mail the genie while its in Trading Mode [Hvae to 168 hrs i believe]
  • Shivia - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Hi, and a next batch of questions from me:

Basically I would like to obtain a perfect (or at least 61+ LP) genie. What is the best/fastest/easiest way to do it? I am thinking about this:

1. Get a genie at lvl 1.
    2. Level it up using spi/exp infuse.
    3. Check whether your genie gain around 7.625 LP per level. In other words; have about:
    • 7 LP before 20 glvl
    • 15 LP before 30 glvl
    • 22 LP before 40 glvl
    • 30 LP before 50 glvl
    • 38 LP before 60 glvl
    • 45 LP before 70 glvl
    • 53 LP before 80 glvl
    Depending on how lucky you feel - choose one of the colored levels, and check whether or not your genie is good. The lower level you check the safer you are, but the faster you can forget about a potentially good genie.
    YES: go to 6
    NO: go to 4
    4. Decompose the genie & buy a new one.
    5. Feed the new one with the exp cube from the last one. go to 3.
    6. Congrats!

Or I should buy the exp cubes? Buy other stuff? Thanks for any tips.