Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Redsrose, feel free to link to the skill list (up to 65) that I put together if you want for your guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ohhh... so that's the Chi stone stuff, In-game it says Yiyuan stone. How in the world a newbie could know they are the same. Chi=Yiyuan thank god I know chinese. b:laugh No more questions for now I guess. thnx.

EDIT : Wait, got one. How to get me hands on EXP cubes?

Umm, no chi does not equal yiyuan.
    Yiyuan is the lowest level of chi stones gotten by decomposing low level stuff. As you decompose higher levels of equipment you wiill get higher grades of chi stones (wushing, chinkung are two names I seem to remember). Highest grade chi stones are 'perfect stones' I believe.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'd like to put this on my factions site as long as you don't mind, w/ credit to you as well as the others listed in big bold letters. :) terminalFTW.com
    Excelleent guide, looks likee it's all the otheers combined and revised

No Problem..Thx!!
    So how do you stat your genie? (Longevity genie in paticular)

Stating your Genie is mainly based on the "season"/type that you have chosen. In your case, you have chosen the Genie with an affinity to Dexterity. Since this is the case you would want to stack your dexterity as it would apply to your skills. Additionally, Dexterity is used to increase the duration of your skills.
    STR: Determine damage out put of skills
    DEX: Determine effect of skills -duration
    VIT: MP pool
    INT: MP Recovery and the skills learnable (each 50 INT = +1 MP recovery)
    STR: More bang for your buck on damaging (and possibly healing) skills
    DEX: More bang for your buck on durational skills
    VIT: Allows you to use more expensive (and powerful) skills, as well as chaining them together
    INT: Allows you to use skills more frequently, and with more variety
    Here in lies one of the confusing aspects of the Genie: the only difference with the Genies is the color and the stats with which that start out with. The stating of the actual genie will largely depend upon the skills in which you are going to use with the genie and the overall effect you want.

For example: If you were to chose the Will Surge (immunity to silence for 5.2 seconds), you would need +50 Dexterity to add 1 second to the skill. Likewise, the skill of Smoldering Burst (40 fire dmg 24.8 fire dmg after 3 sec) would need +1 Strength to increase the damage by 1%.

The attributes that you place, keep in mind, will not affect ow you can place your affinity points. Those are used to gain and increase the power of specific skills.
    RedsRose,

Great guide! Thanks for putting everything in one place.

You may want to consider adding this to your guide. It's a handy spreadsheet that calculates the the amount you need to infuse to level a genie at any given player level.

Post here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2663691#post2663691

Direct link to spreadsheet here:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rhqdjxWYBjyWX1Q5dkrvC6Q

Thank you very much!! Has been added!
    Redsrose, feel free to link to the skill list (up to 65) that I put together if you want for your guide.

Has been added!! Thx!
    Umm, no chi does not equal yiyuan.
    Yiyuan is the lowest level of chi stones gotten by decomposing low level stuff. As you decompose higher levels of equipment you wiill get higher grades of chi stones (wushing, chinkung are two names I seem to remember). Highest grade chi stones are 'perfect stones' I believe.

You are correct. Perfect stones will replenish your genies stamina by 720.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    err when you mean color of the genie like dark gold, gold,green, etc. Where can you find this at? DO you have to look at the genies image or something?
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    err when you mean color of the genie like dark gold, gold,green, etc. Where can you find this at? DO you have to look at the genies image or something?

The link will direct you to the evolution of the genies based on how many Lucky points they have. In terms of the "rarity" colors, I am not too sure but you should be able to tell by right clicking and pressing B. Although the BEST way to tell is in the Lucky points. I would go off of that before anything else.

Evolution of Genies

Does this help any? If not let me know...I am currently researching this information to see if I can find some type of image(s) to reflect the color coding for rarity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mind giveing me your thoughts on archer genie skills?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287301

NEW Full genie skill list
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=288021
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Mind giveing me your thoughts on archer genie skills?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287301

NEW Full genie skill list
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=288021

First off, I did read your post and I am glad that you understand the differences in the Genies in terms of STR = Damage and DEX = Duration.

Second
    , I think what you need to determine first is whether you want an "attack" Genie, a "support" Genie or a "combo" Genie.

*Anyways...here are some of what I might recommend for an Archer in terms of Genie skills: (Descriptions taken from your list more detailed can be found on the first page of this guide, including levels, etc.)

1) WindShield: Protect yourself using the power of wind. Reduces damage and increases your attack rate and Evasion. *(From Bug list: Current: Uses wind power to protect yourself. Reduces damage received by 12%.
    Increases attack speed and Dexterity by 10%.
    Actual: The Attack Rate and Dexterity are not adjusted properly.
    We are looking into getting a fix or clarification.)

2) Relentless Courage (not on your list): Increase your own attack rate, casting speed and movement speed (description from Toxic's skill list)

3) Stunning Blast (not on your list): Immobilizes a nearby target for 3.4 seconds, has 20% chance to increase stun to 20% (description from Toxic's list)

4) Tree of Protection: Increase own Max HP. Recovers HP every 3 seconds. (From bug list: Actual: Restores 25% of max HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.)

5) Extreme Poison: Causes the target to take more damage. Can be stacked with skills like Heaven's Flame.

*I would recommend a stun, attack and heal skill. Although I know quite a few archers like some of the amp skills.

** FYI - No one skill is more for one class then another (unless specified), what it most comes down to is your play style. PVP Archers will have a different set-up then a PVE Archer**

**WARNING: Several of the skills on your list have current known bugs! PLEASE keep that in mind when and before placing skills. I would recommend that everyone look at the bug list first!! Genie Skill Bug List
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crackulla - Sanctuary
    Crackulla - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Out of all the genie guides, this is the best one considering its an all-in-one guide, but there's still something missing that i cant find at all on any guide or site with genie info. Thus bringing up these questions. On the genie stats window it shows under the attribute stats a "growth" rating,(all my genies have Growth:50) Is there a way to raise the growth number higher? is it as random as the "lucky points" themselves?

When highlighted it says that it helps determine the amount of lucky points, i dont see how considering the lucky points change without the growth doing anything useful. If anyone can bring light to this mystery of "growth", please do so ;]b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Out of all the genie guides, this is the best one considering its an all-in-one guide, but there's still something missing that i cant find at all on any guide or site with genie info. Thus bringing up these questions. On the genie stats window it shows under the attribute stats a "growth" rating,(all my genies have Growth:50) Is there a way to raise the growth number higher? is it as random as the "lucky points" themselves?

When highlighted it says that it helps determine the amount of lucky points, i dont see how considering the lucky points change without the growth doing anything useful. If anyone can bring light to this mystery of "growth", please do so ;]b:surrender

The "Growth" is the same on everyone's. It in theory should "grow" but I can only assume it is a bug.

And yes, Lucky points are just that, "lucky" and random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• wolfenlokie
    wolfenlokie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    anyone know anything about these stones or restoration to reallocate affinity point on a genie and where one obtains such a stone? I have a friend that might want to get one.
  • Anilith - Harshlands
    Anilith - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First off, GREAT guide. Sayin that I have one question. I have put 7 pts on dex which I want to put on mag, so for that I need scroll of origination thingy (the thing that helps u reset Genie attribute points). At what lvl does the watcher of the earth give the quest where u get these scrolls? Or is there another way of getting these? Thanks in advance
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    anyone know anything about these stones or restoration to reallocate affinity point on a genie and where one obtains such a stone? I have a friend that might want to get one.

These stones will be released in a later patch according to the GM's.

See This Post
    First off, GREAT guide. Sayin that I have one question. I have put 7 pts on dex which I want to put on mag, so for that I need scroll of origination thingy (the thing that helps u reset Genie attribute points). At what lvl does the watcher of the earth give the quest where u get these scrolls? Or is there another way of getting these? Thanks in advance

Thank you I am glad you liked the guide.

To answer your question: Same as above. These items will be released at a later patch. (Different Thread from above, same answer)

* For all: Quote from Xarfox: "The items related to resetting Genie's affinities and attributes will be released in the very near future."*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    The link will direct you to the evolution of the genies based on how many Lucky points they have. In terms of the "rarity" colors, I am not too sure but you should be able to tell by right clicking and pressing B. Although the BEST way to tell is in the Lucky points. I would go off of that before anything else.

Evolution of Genies

Does this help any? If not let me know...I am currently researching this information to see if I can find some type of image(s) to reflect the color coding for rarity.

I still don't get it >_<, i got a genie 30/50 lucky poitns but how can i tell if its a green purple ect.?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I still don't get it >_<, i got a genie 30/50 lucky poitns but how can i tell if its a green purple ect.?

**As of right now you have a Green Genie (and yes they are in a way related to the level of your Genie as well).

IF you want to get specific with the "colors," here is what it looks like (ALL based on the number of Lucky Points):

Color code: Orange
    This color indicates this genie gained 10 random stats per every 10 level. It is the queen of all genies (very rare) 100 -100 points

Color code: Gold

This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 61 – 99 points.

Color code: Purple
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 51- 60 points.

Color code: Blue
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 41- 50 points.

Color code: Green
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 10 – 40 points.

(the evolution is based on your Lucky Points: see the pictures with corresponding points)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Oh yea, the chances of getting an orange genie is umm... 10% ^10 Power!

Or basically the chance of a Warsoul weapon coming out of your behind.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Moved my skill guide
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/member.php?u=1599379001
    wanted to change the name

I want an orange genie b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Oh yea, the chances of getting an orange genie is umm... 10% ^10 Power!

Or basically the chance of a Warsoul weapon coming out of your behind.

Yeah the best that I have heard so far was 78/80 Lucky points. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    oh i get it now so your saying that the color depends on the lvl and luck of the genie oh xD thanks :D and are you talking about the color of the lucky points when you move your mouse on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    oh i get it now so your saying that the color depends on the lvl and luck of the genie oh xD thanks :D and are you talking about the color of the lucky points when you move your mouse on it

Yes...I think you got it!!

And no problem!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kittygotclaws18
    kittygotclaws18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was wondering if the thing in trade state switch tab that says TIME: X hours/168 hours means the time your genie has been in trade state or the time you have left in trade state?

Because my genie says TIME: 151 hours/168 hours.

does this mean it has 151 hours to go or 151 hours out of the 168 total hours. It has been in trade state for 6 days so I'm guessing it means the amount it has already been in trade state. Yet, I was sure I could not be the only one with this question.
  • Serrinity - Sanctuary
    Serrinity - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a somewhat n00bish question.

Are genies actually worth the exp they drain from your character, along with the cost of feeding via chi stones? Are they useful in lower levels, higher levels, all the time, or are they never really useful? I have never liked PvP, so my questions here are assuming the player played PvE exclusively.

And great guide. I haven't played PW in a while, then saw the announcement about genies and rushed to the forums to some info. You did a wonderful job of gathering all the information.
    Leader of EdensStar
  • ArKan - Harshlands
    ArKan - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was wondering if the thing in trade state switch tab that says TIME: X hours/168 hours means the time your genie has been in trade state or the time you have left in trade state?

Because my genie says TIME: 151 hours/168 hours.

does this mean it has 151 hours to go or 151 hours out of the 168 total hours. It has been in trade state for 6 days so I'm guessing it means the amount it has already been in trade state. Yet, I was sure I could not be the only one with this question.

Well, if you do the maths you can see that 7days * 24h each day = 168hours
    So you need to wait 168 to be able to trade your genie.
    In your case, you already waited 151hours, meaning that in 17 more hours you can trade it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I have a somewhat n00bish question.

Are genies actually worth the exp they drain from your character, along with the cost of feeding via chi stones? Are they useful in lower levels, higher levels, all the time, or are they never really useful? I have never liked PvP, so my questions here are assuming the player played PvE exclusively.

And great guide. I haven't played PW in a while, then saw the announcement about genies and rushed to the forums to some info. You did a wonderful job of gathering all the information.

Whether the Genies are worth the spirit/exp drain is really going to be up to the individual. I have heard both yes and no. I would however NOT recommend using your exp to level your Genie. Using your Spirit is the much better option in my opinion. Higher levels so have a greater advantage here in that once about level 70+ your Spirit begins to really add up. I know many people who have used millions of Spirit in the leveling of their Genies.

Feeding your Genies...Although it may seem as though this is a huge cost expenditure, I find that if you do it right it is not bad at all. By this I mean: You do not just have to feed it Perfect stones. The Perfect Stones give the highest stamina replenishment to your Genie, but there are a number of other Chi stones that you can use. For those who do not want a huge cost "feeding," here is what I recommend --> after grinding, or whatever, decompose the armor that has been dropped (unless it is obviously something worth while to you. This armor will decompose into Chi stones which will in turn "feed" your Genie. You can also combine low level Chi stones into higher level Chi stones at the Jewelcraftsman. (I have added to the Guide a chart showing the stamina recharge rates for each level of Chi stone).

Usefulness: Some love them, some like them, some are neutral and some hate them. However, IF you find skills that work for your class and your play style, then yes they can and are useful. Depending on the skill, they can be useful at any level, although I do not think that the majority of people will really utilize them until later in there leveling. Having said that, I have found and really do believe that Genies are much better suited for PvP. They have definitely changed some of the rules of the game and while some have learned to use them to there advantage, others are skill crafting and trying to figure out what best works for them.

Overall, it is a hit and miss in terms of opinion. I personally rarely use my Genie, but I can say that the anti-stun and hp replenishment skills are very helpful in PvP.

I am glad you like the guide and if you have any further questions please let me know! b:cute
    Well, if you do the maths you can see that 7days * 24h each day = 168hours
    So you need to wait 168 to be able to trade your genie.
    In your case, you already waited 151hours, meaning that in 17 more hours you can trade it.

Thanks for answering. This is one issue that I have heard people asking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    wait wait wait >< if i have a green genie now can i change it to the next color if i lvl it to 60 (or 70) since it has 30/50 maybe it could go up? above 41 eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    wait wait wait >< if i have a green genie now can i change it to the next color if i lvl it to 60 (or 70) since it has 30/50 maybe it could go up? above 41 eh?

Yes, you can:

Every 10 levels your genie gets luck points, 1-10. The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that . The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that’s super rare. You can also tell by pressing B and hovering over your genie

If you were to get 41 Lucky Points, yours would evolve from the first one (0-40 points) into the second one (41-50 points) (assuming you have this one...this is just as an example):

0-40 Lucky Points
    41-50 Lucky Points

Your Genie would then go from:

Color code: Green
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 10 – 40 points.

to

Color code: Blue
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 41- 50 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    b:thanks thankyou! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azriel_Omega - Heavens Tear
    Azriel_Omega - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for the info about the genies but I'm a bit confused about their colors. For example: my genie is level 47 and with lucky points (15/40). When my genie is about to be level 50 will it change color or not???

Thank you for considering my message....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for the info about the genies but I'm a bit confused about their colors. For example: my genie is level 47 and with lucky points (15/40). When my genie is about to be level 50 will it change color or not???

Thank you for considering my message....

No, the "evolution" or changing of the Genies is based on the Lucky Points. It does not evolve to the second stage until it has 41 Lucky Points.

See my response and the examples two responses up.

If you have any other questions please let me know!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ljubica - Dreamweaver
    Ljubica - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just one info about genies. While your genie is in TRADE-READY state u can infuse XP only from XP cubes. If u want to infuse XP to your genie from your xp / spirit u need to switch him to NO-TRADE state (you dont have to wait 7 days for that, just 1 second :P). Wote for sticky :)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Just one info about genies. While your genie is in TRADE-READY state u can infuse XP only from XP cubes. If u want to infuse XP to your genie from your xp / spirit u need to switch him to NO-TRADE state (you dont have to wait 7 days for that, just 1 second :P). Wote for sticky :)

Yes, thank you and I will add this extra clarification to the guide.

From NO-Trade to Trade will take 7 days (168 hours I believe).
    From Trade to NO-Trade is instant, but it will take another 7 days if you do decide to trade it again.

(THX for the sticky vote....b:cute)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]