Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

Comments

• Sigonia - Sanctuary
    Sigonia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    These stats can be reset with respect scroll (genie)[/QUOTE]

Where do we get these respec scrolls?? eg orders of origination etc.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    These stats can be reset with respect scroll (genie)

Where do we get these respec scrolls?? eg orders of origination etc.

The "respect scroll" is not yet in-game from what I understand, but there are other ways to reset you Genies Attribute points.....

Where can I get genie quest and what is the quest reward?

Visit the new NPC- Watcher of Earth in 5 major cities for genie quest starting from L1 to L80.

The quest rewards are
    Level 1: Collect your random genie.
    Level 19: Cube of Enlightenment (Level 19 stone containing 1,000 exp)
    Level 49: Refined Cube of Enlightenment (Level 49 stone containing 10,000 exp)
    Level 70: 20 Order of Origination (Resets the stat points of your genie. One order is used per stat point.)
    Level 79: Elite Cube of Enlightenment (Level 79 stone containing 100,000 exp)
    Level 80: Stone of Refreshment (Resets all of your genies elemental affinity points)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ghosthand - Sanctuary
    Ghosthand - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I just Lv my Genie to Lv 10 an it got 10 Luck points does that mean its rare
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    UPDATE:

Resets are now available: See This Link

Added: Skill Tree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I just Lv my Genie to Lv 10 an it got 10 Luck points does that mean its rare

<hate to dble post but here goes...lol>

Not really....the key in rarity is in the higher levels. The more Lucky Points you have later on the better, you can gain up to 10 Lucky Points every 10 levels. It is the Lucky Points that determines the Genies evolution.

The Genies do not first evolve until it has 41 Lucky Points. And its last evolution will be with 61+ Lucky Points.

Evolution is Genies

Every 10 levels your genie gets luck points, 1-10. The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that . The more your genie gets the more rare it is. If I had a level 80 genie and its points where 80/80 that’s super rare. You can also tell by pressing B and hovering over your genie

common
    super rare
    green--blue--purple--gold--orange

The higher the random stats determine not only the look of your genie but the combat ability as well as rareness. It can be classified as follow:

Color code: Orange
    This color indicates this genie gained 10 random stats per every 10 level. It is the queen of all genies (very rare)

Color code: Gold
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 61 – 99 points.

Color code: Purple
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 51- 60 points.

Color code: Blue
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 41- 50 points.

Color code: Green
    This color indicates this genie gained random stats between 10 – 40 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Albester - Sanctuary
    Albester - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi Rose. Thanks for putting this together. One question, probably an easy one but I can't seem to find answer. I have leveled my genie to 13 (same as me) but I have yet to be able to acquire another skill (I have Longevity (Blue Genie) Eruption Fist, most points went to Dex some to Vit and all Affinities to Wood). Is it too soon or am I missing something. Skills I am interested in are probably Tree of Protection and Extreme Poison for my Wizard. Thanks in advance for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Hi Rose. Thanks for putting this together. One question, probably an easy one but I can't seem to find answer. I have leveled my genie to 13 (same as me) but I have yet to be able to acquire another skill (I have Longevity (Blue Genie) Eruption Fist, most points went to Dex some to Vit and all Affinities to Wood). Is it too soon or am I missing something. Skills I am interested in are probably Tree of Protection and Extreme Poison for my Wizard. Thanks in advance for help.

Hi Albester,

You Genie should be able to hold 3 skills, this is by default. You can get up to 4 skills for your Genie by adding mag attributes (40).

You may not be able to acquire another skill because you do not have the correct Affinity distribution to get one or the Genie is not the right level.

In your case: I believe that it is the level required to receive the skill of Extreme Poison and the Affinity point distribution to receive Tree of Protection.

Tree of Protection (Level 10)
    you need to have : 1 Metal, 1 Fire and 1 and 1 Earth in Affinity distribution

Extreme Poison (Level 15) you need to have: 4 Wood in Affinity distribution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Albester - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Ok, I get it: At Level 15 I will be able to get Extreme Poison, providing I have 4 Wood in Affinity distribution (not sure atm how many are actually in there but its close). And I once I put 1 Metal, 1 Fire and 1 Earth in Affinity distribution I will be able to get Tree of Protection (since I am already post level 10). Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Ok, I get it: At Level 15 I will be able to get Extreme Poison, providing I have 4 Wood in Affinity distribution (not sure atm how many are actually in there but its close). And I once I put 1 Metal, 1 Fire and 1 Earth in Affinity distribution I will be able to get Tree of Protection (since I am already post level 10). Thanks!

You got it and no problem!! b:cute

And it is the Genie levels....So if you reach level 15 and do not level your Genie to level 15 you will not be able to get the skill...Good Luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Killerfox - Heavens Tear
    Killerfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a quick question. Will this genie expansion affect the older expansion (forgot wat it was called). I just need to know. thx

srry if i posted in the wrong thread i dont come here often :P
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I have a quick question. Will this genie expansion affect the older expansion (forgot wat it was called). I just need to know. thx

srry if i posted in the wrong thread i dont come here often :P

The "old" expansion items are still in the game. This "new" expansion is just the name they gave it for add-on's in the game. An "upgrade."

Kinda like a "new" cell phone that looks the same but they just added features and maybe a new look to it and as such gave it a different name.

Does that answer your question?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Angelsgrace - Dreamweaver
    Angelsgrace - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It doesn’t really matter which genie you choose, the differences is:
    The attributes, one starts with 15mag, another with 15 dex etc..

I have a few characters, and on each I was never given a choice as to color (season). I was just simply given one. So, it seems its pure luck that we receive one that is right for our class.

My wizard received the Dex one, which I think may be perfect for her, but I plan to re-roll her due to poor point placements for a wizard. I wonder if I roll out another wizard, what are the chances of receiving another blue genie on her.

Is the genie received determined by something we do in game? By Class?

Or is it completely random and we may have to keep getting to lvl 9 to see which one we will get...like after a long day at work, we are putting it all on the table and rolling the dice.
  • Albester - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Ok, you experienced players all know this but for other newbies like me: when trying to learn a skill or feed genie, first drag genie to inventory and then feed while there or the drag over to box where you learn skill (this is true with other things you do like crafting). Hope this helps someone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I have a few characters, and on each I was never given a choice as to color (season). I was just simply given one. So, it seems its pure luck that we receive one that is right for our class.

My wizard received the Dex one, which I think may be perfect for her, but I plan to re-roll her due to poor point placements for a wizard. I wonder if I roll out another wizard, what are the chances of receiving another blue genie on her.

Is the genie received determined by something we do in game? By Class?

Or is it completely random and we may have to keep getting to lvl 9 to see which one we will get...like after a long day at work, we are putting it all on the table and rolling the dice.

Your first Genie, the one that is "free" is a random choice Genie. It has nothing to do with class or anything, just random.

You can get any of the Genies that you want using 3 Mirage Stones at the NPC. I have seen people selling them as well for 100k (at least on LC that cost about the same amount as the 3 Mirage stones.)
    Ok, you experienced players all know this but for other newbies like me: when trying to learn a skill or feed genie, first drag genie to inventory and then feed while there or the drag over to box where you learn skill (this is true with other things you do like crafting). Hope this helps someone...

You must have the Genie equipped to both add skills and to "feed" it. To "feed" it simply drag any of the Chi stones onto the equipped Genie and its stamina will be raised. So yes, you are right! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jolenee - Dreamweaver
    Jolenee - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ooook.
    Massive information overload here.

This is more of an advanced guide to Genies.
    I'm looking for the noob nnoob clueless noob who dosent know what to do with a genie other than equip it.

Eg.How do I make it do ANYTHING? Use a skill whatever..
    How do I give it xp I read something about a yellow box....Huh?
    As of right now My genie is a floating ball of light that looks pretty!
    Way to much information and not really (true) noob friendly.

Completely confused
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Ooook.
    Massive information overload here.

Eg.How do I make it do ANYTHING? Use a skill whatever..
    How do I give it xp I read something about a yellow box....Huh?
    As of right now My genie is a floating ball of light that looks pretty!
    Way to much information and not really (true) noob friendly.

I will quote from the guide for the bulk of the answers:

"How do I make it do ANYTHING? Use a skill whatever.." -->

Click on the skill you want to use. It is just like your own attacks. You can also, if you wanted place the attacks in any hot-key slot.

Each genie has a unique skill when you first receive them, however, all other skills must be obtained through upgrading.

How do I give it xp -->

There are 3 types of leveling methods:

-Using EXP stone.
    -Using Character EXP
    -Using Character SP, 1SP = 5 EXP points.

Once you equip your Genie, you can right click the icon. A screen will come up and on the bottom will give you an option to "Infuse." Click on that. Once that is done you will have to choose between the above three methods.

Keep in mind: If you are a higher level then you Genie, there are "penalties" in terms of sp and exp. This means that it will take more of your to level the Genie. Genie Level Calculations

* "Way to much information and not really (true) noob friendly." -->

It is unfortunate that you feel that way. You are the first to say that this has not helped. MUCH of what you need to do with the Genie is to play with it, test it and overall get used to it. All of the information provided is an overall view and all information pertaining to the Genie. It is meant for information, not a step-by-step process page for how to do everything. That is why I watch this post, in case there are questions that need more clarification.

Having said that, in my honest opinion, there is not that much Genies can do to "help" until a much higher level.

Please feel free to ask any other questions. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jolenee - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Played around with the Genie...figured out a lot of it.Seems I missed the initial links at the top of your post.

Thank you for your quick response and help.What level do you feel they become...worthwhile to mess with?

Infused my Genie a little bit
    Level 11
    Lucky Points 10/10
    Zeal
    str 11
    Vit 5
    Dex 7
    Mag 25
    Growth 50

Affinities
    Fire 2
    Water 1

Abilities
    Earthflame
    Healing ripple of rebirth

So I now know how to level it up,assign points,give it new skills

I guess my questions are now...which skills are useful for a cleric?
    What exactly is a chi stone and how do I get them?
    What level point would you feel they stop being an exp drain and become useful?

--Yes. I'm a newcomer to this game but years of experience with mmo's and such.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Played around with the Genie...figured out a lot of it.Seems I missed the initial links at the top of your post.

Thank you for your quick response and help.What level do you feel they become...worthwhile to mess with?

I guess my questions are now...which skills are useful for a cleric?
    What exactly is a chi stone and how do I get them?
    What level point would you feel they stop being an exp drain and become useful?

1) Well, depends on what you plan to use it for really, but I personally believe it is not until about level 50+ (at least) that they begin to have some real good usefulness. This is not to say that they won't help a little now, just not as good. Also, you are on a PvE server which makes a huge difference really. In my opinion the Genies are better suited for PvP.

However - Keep leveling it with your character. It will "cost" less in the long run, since the "penalty" is a bit much. and you will get exp stones from the Genie NPC for certain levels that can and will help.

The quest rewards are
    L1 – Collect your genie.
    L19 (completed L1 quest) – L19 Cube of Enlightenment-EXP Stone
    L49 (completed L1 quest) – L49 Refined Cube of Enlightenment-EXP Stone
    L70 (completed L1 quest) – 20 Order of Origination - stats respect scroll
    L79 (completed L49 quest) – L79 Elite Cube of Enlightenment-EXP Stone
    L80 (completed L1 quest) – Stone of Refreshment - element point respect scroll

2) If you do not plan on pk'ing, there are a few great skills that Clerics can use. Tree of Protection is good in a crunch, since it will restore some hp over time. Kinda like using an hp pot. Also, Heaven's Path is a like saver for FB's because it speed's up the entire party for seconds (depends on it level). And as we know Clerics are slow. Some also use Rainbow Blessing that Randomly increases target's Physical Damage, Magical Damage, Critical Hit Rate and the Casting Speed. There are "attack" skills to but if you do not plan on pk'ing, they do not seem quite worth it. You would be better off getting heal skills.

3) Chi stones are essentially "fuel". You can use then to recharge aerogear and in this case Genies stamina, which is required to cast the skills.

Genie Stamina Replenishment Chart - Chi Stones:

Yiyuan stone: +40 stamina
    Liangyi stone (3 Yiyuan): +80 stamina
    Santsai stone (9 Yiyuan): +160 stamina
    Ssuhsiang stone (27 Yiyuan): +240 stamina
    Wuhsing stone (81 Yiyuan): +320 stamina
    Liuho stone (243 Yiyuan): +400 stamina
    Chihsing stone (729 Yiyuan): +480 stamina
    Pakua stone (2,178 Yiyuan): +560 stamina
    Chiukung stone (6,534 Yiyuan): +640 stamina
    Perfect stone (19,602 Yiyuan): +720 stamina

Besides buying them from other players in the Kitty shops, the best way to get these stones is by decomping armor and such. For example, Level 2 (not your level the level on the armor) will decompose into Yiyuan stones. The higher the level to decomp the more "power" the stone will have for your Genie. (see above) This can get pricey, so I would not worry about immediately filling the entire stamina bar. I know on LC Perfect stones are selling for 1k - 3k a piece.

4) Lol....kinda trick question. I would recommend only using Spirit to level your Genie, HOWEVER, at your level you have less and need it more for skills. Saying that, this might be an opportunity to do some grinding and gain exp Spirit for those skills you need. This is subject to some debate. But really if you level the Genie with your levels, the drain should not be all that bad. Many higher levels I know spent millions of spirit to level there Genies and even then many do not have them up to there exact level. Especially since using exp is not much of an option.

And like I said earlier, I think they become more useful at 50+, but that does not mean they cannot and will not help at the lower levels.

Let me know if there is more I can help you with and if I answered all of your questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jolenee - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    You can decompose gear? interesting.How?
    All these useless drops do have a purpose...
    And for the record my interest in pvp is .000000000000000000001%
  • Kiexcolo - Sanctuary
    Kiexcolo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009

It looks like its not worth combining the lower level stones at all.
    If I have 3 Yiyuan that I feed my genie, it gets 120 stamina.
    If I combine them to a Liangyi and feed my genie, it gets 80 stamina.

People shouldn't be buying Perfect Stones, they should be buying Yiyuan Stones.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    You can decompose gear? interesting.How?
    All these useless drops do have a purpose...
    And for the record my interest in pvp is .000000000000000000001%

Yes, you can decompose any weapon, armor, ornament, etc. You do this at the respective NPC. Blacksmith for weapons, Tailor for armor, etc. There is an option to Decompose. However, keep in mind that you need to have your Blacksmith, Tailor, etc. skills at the right level to decompose these items.

LOL....100% agree but people do not do the math. A lot of the Perfect Stones that you see being sold are from the "boxes" that you open every 5 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Harbingerjm - Heavens Tear
    Harbingerjm - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009

True, but a point to remember is that you can only have so many stones in a single stack, and having a bank full of stacks of stones is not fun.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    True, but a point to remember is that you can only have so many stones in a single stack, and having a bank full of stacks of stones is not fun.

Yes true, but now that the cupboard and wardrobe are open, my bank went from jam packed to finally having space again...YAH!!!!

Anyways, I believe the limit is 1000 stones in a stack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Harbingerjm - Heavens Tear
    Harbingerjm - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes true, but now that the cupboard and wardrobe are open, my bank went from jam packed to finally having space again...YAH!!!!

Anyways, I believe the limit is 1000 stones in a stack.

Ah, good point, if you have those it's probaby ok.

And yes it is, I have a couple of stacks of Liangyi in my bank.
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    Umeru - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    THIS DESEREVES A STICKY!!! b:pleased

I hope a Mod sticky this guide, its very helpful b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    THIS DESEREVES A STICKY!!! b:pleased

I hope a Mod sticky this guide, its very helpful b:victory

Awwww, THANK YOU so much!! My goal has been to help people as much as possible by combining all of the threads regarding Genies.

Feel free to ask any other questions that may arise. I am always trying to update and add information as needed b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• evilwitz
    evilwitz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok if i dont like the Genie the NPC gave me to start with is there any way to trade it for another or am i stuck with it untill i have the stones to buy one?

Mind you i am only lvl 3 atm..

Thanks
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    evilwitz wrote: »
    Ok if i dont like the Genie the NPC gave me to start with is there any way to trade it for another or am i stuck with it untill i have the stones to buy one?

Mind you i am only lvl 3 atm..

Thanks

If you do not have the 3 mirage stones or the money to buy from another player, you are "stuck" with the Genie you have for the time being. You only get one for "free." Just leave it be and do not add any of your Spirit or Experience (this is never recommended but some (people do it).

If you want to try and sell if as is, you can change the Trade status. It will take 7 days for the Genie to become "trade ready" and then you can sell for about the cost of what 3 Mirage stones cost.

You should be able to get enough of the Celestones to make 3 Mirage stones quickly by doing your quests, if you want to wait it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    *pokes RedsRose repeatedly* gimme ur ninetails
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    *pokes RedsRose repeatedly* gimme ur ninetails

Now the "gimme" part is not very nice.....b:sad

But no, sorry. I like it too much b:cute

Anyways, you have a Genie question that I can answer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]