Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

15678911»

Comments

• Piano_lover - Dreamweaver
    Piano_lover - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the guide is great, tho something is missing.
    every class has diffrent ginie skills that suits him.
    so what ginie skills dose barbarian nead? or a cleric? or any other class?
  • misterdeadserious
    misterdeadserious Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My Zeal reached lvl 20 now, and i wanted to learn "Second Wind". It requieres 1 Point in Water, 1 in Earth and 1 in Wood, which i have. I also got 2 Metal Points. Lucky Points are 11/20, and my Stats are 5 Str, 12 Dex, 20 Mag and 10 Vit. I got 11 Points left to spent, and i dont realy know how to use them...But :

Like i said, i have the requiered Affinity for Second Wind, but i either cant learn it, or dont know where. Double Click wont work, also Drag and Drop. Is there something like a Genie Skillmaster?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the guide is great, tho something is missing.
    every class has diffrent ginie skills that suits him.
    so what ginie skills dose barbarian nead? or a cleric? or any other class?

b:surrender I have stated on numerous posts that I do not give genie skill advice because there is a drastic difference with all of the classes. The best advice is given in the respective class sections of these forums. ;)
    My Zeal reached lvl 20 now, and i wanted to learn "Second Wind". It requieres 1 Point in Water, 1 in Earth and 1 in Wood, which i have. I also got 2 Metal Points. Lucky Points are 11/20, and my Stats are 5 Str, 12 Dex, 20 Mag and 10 Vit. I got 11 Points left to spent, and i dont realy know how to use them...But :

Like i said, i have the requiered Affinity for Second Wind, but i either cant learn it, or dont know where. Double Click wont work, also Drag and Drop. Is there something like a Genie Skillmaster?

Yes, you can learn all Genie skills at the Watcher of the Earth (same NPC you got the Genie from).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • hypertrophy
    hypertrophy Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Another thing I can't seem to find is what to do with the stat points. I pumped them in to magic for my genie, because I was clueless, then it tells me one day "Does not have enough HP" and I can no longer use her skills.

This genie thing seems WAY more complicated than it should be.
  • kcdack
    kcdack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Just a point to make for all you noobs.
    To add skills to your genie make sure to put it in inventry before trying. (took me ages to work this out lol)
  • squirt094
    squirt094 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Kay, so I am a lvl 58 Assasin, I have Zeal, but I am a complete noob when it comes to genies and I read this, but I dont know what Skills are I should get for Zeal nor how many points I should put in Dex, Str, Mag, and Vit. Help?
  • arion700
    arion700 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    HI im a lvl 23 wizard...i made a new genie..(zeal) and i wanna know what skils would be suitable for me.My build is hybrid and i got one affnity on water, wood and ,earth .Please help. THanks.
  • Red__Rum - Harshlands
    Red__Rum - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    what does genie gear do for your genie?i dont get that. if it doesn't do anything then why buy it?if it does help then how?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nice necro...
    Genie gear gives your genie extra stat points.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • JiAnzi - Dreamweaver
    JiAnzi - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Having said that, in my honest opinion, there is not that much Genies can do to "help" until a much higher level.

I know this post is old but it is a guide so hopefully its still okay to reply. So.. I too have a genie that is a pretty ball of light (like the OP of this question). Since there is not much it can do until a much higher level, should I just let it level up with me and forget about distributing points, leveling skills, feeding chi stones, etc .. basically, should I just level my pretty little ball of light until I'm .. well .. what level? I have read (and basically understand) this guide, but I'm just wondering how important it is to do anything other than level the genie until my character (and genie) is a high enough level to benefit.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why in the world would you necro a necroed thread? GAH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Stickied and re-opened :)
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    FYI, most of the information in this thread and more can be found in the PWI wiki here: Genie Guides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Alright, I read the guide but there are a lot of basics that I don't understand. I have a lvl 50 veno and I never bothered using the genie that I got, but now that I am leveling up a new blademaster I figured that I might as well give it a shot. So as I just mentioned my new character is a blademaster and I plan on using heavy armor and axe/hammer for weapons. The genie that I got is a pink infliction genie, which I believe is strength based. Some things that I still don't understand is (based on my character and genie), which elemental affinity to focus on, and which skills to use from the skill tree (there are sooo many @_@). Also, is the genie that I have worth trying to use?
  • sangodoc
    edited September 2011
    Some things that I still don't understand is (based on my character and genie), which elemental affinity to focus on,
    The affinities you want depends on the skills you want.
    and which skills to use from the skill tree (there are sooo many @_@).
    Well, Second Wind is a great one for instantly recovering HP. Other than that, it kind of depends on what you want to use the genie for, though they're generally better for buffing, debuffing, recovery, and protection than for attack.
    Also, is the genie that I have worth trying to use?
    It's fine, though a Zeal genie would give you Earthflame, which is a handy pulling skill on a BM.

I recommend taking a look at Ecatomb's Genie Skill page to figure out what you want. Then build your future genie using Asterelle's Genie Affinity Calculator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • devilakus20
    devilakus20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
  • dthomp89
    dthomp89 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ,kn,mn,
  • sevatar
    sevatar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I doubt it but I'm gonna ask either way lol
    Can I use a higher lv genie?
    For example say im level 40 and I want to get a lv 60 genie.
    can I do that and the genie simply won't lv up or will it simply be impossible to equip
  • sangodoc
    edited September 2011
    sevatar wrote: »
    I doubt it but I'm gonna ask either way lol
    Can I use a higher lv genie?
    For example say im level 40 and I want to get a lv 60 genie.
    can I do that and the genie simply won't lv up or will it simply be impossible to equip
    No, you can't equip a genie that's higher level than you are. You'd have to wait until you caught up to the genie's level to equip it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sevatar
    sevatar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    figured as much but was worth knowing either way thanks for the answer
  • queenbeez1
    queenbeez1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i have made a genine a green one out of 3 mirage stones, i equiped the genine and done the trade states i no it takes 7 days to go from no trade to beable to trade it.
    now my question is in the 7 days that it takes to go to tradable does it have to be equiped the whole time as i want to use my genine my lovly pink one!
    the one i made like i said is green i made it for my boyfriend as a pressy he has tryed so hard to get one by restarting his char but he doesnt want to restart again! so do i have to use the genine for the next 7 days please help me answer this question!

thank you so much for answering in advance b:thanks
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    No, it doesn't have to be equipped the whole time. You could even stick it in your bank for the week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ...whats with all the necros lately - 7months on this one...

inb4close
  • panzeroh
    panzeroh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    from what i can gather,the genies are not worth the time investment.at least not for a venomancer.