Money making : How to do it.

Comments

• celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Oh, I see the "game guide" all right, I just don't find it practical even for superficial knowledge.

I'm glad that someone knows everything in just a week. Day two here, and it's still frustrating, and apparently there's no practical advise here, unless of course you're willing to assume that I know NOTHING.

lol, well I'll give it another shot before scrapping it.
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Oh, and just in case there's some other poor jerk that's just as lost as me, when you click Search be sure to click the "view posts" button. Good luck, I still haven't come up with any concrete answers. Kinda sad when the site relies on players to try and write the game manual.b:angry
  • darknii
    darknii Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Good guide. And one way to make money is hh.
  • Ljubica - Dreamweaver
    Ljubica - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm it's all fun and games, but i have 1 question for u.

What's the point in making all this money if u have nothing to spend it on?
    I mean if u r only colecting money, than what's the point? Have the most money on the server?
    Just a thought b:chuckle

Edit: just so i dont spam alot :)

For the Dragon quest: If no1 is doing it couse its hard / not worth it there will be a seriously low amount of dragon orders in the server leading to Dragon orders being in high demand thus improving their price (suply and demand) and making u huge amounts of money. That's just a theory i'm not sure about this yet but i will do all my dragon quests :D
  • eluminati
    eluminati Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hello,
    this is a really good guide. iam lvl45 and its was usefull for me^^.
    i think it will be usefull for everybody here^^.

so far Elu
  • akuzaa
    akuzaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tytyty ?:D helped alopt
  • Phoxey - Sanctuary
    Phoxey - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    CeltThunder.

I feel your pain. I've been playing several months and am still learning things the hard way. It's unfortunate that there is no good overall guide, and the search function on this forum really needs some work.

Normally what I will do when I am looking for something is google it using "pwi item". For instance, if you want to know about hay, you can't type "hay" in the forum search because it is too short. However "pwi hay" in google will turn up many responses, including locations in this forum. You can find abbreviations, locations, and a lot of other things that are difficult to find with the forum search.

Since you're new, you probably can't fly at 50 as was suggested. If you look at the mini map you will see yellow dots. Holding your mouse over one will give you the name of the person. In Lost City the auctioneer is near the south gate.

One money making tip that I use a lot is to pick up arrows and bolts. Most people leave them thinking they are worthless, but if you consider that most gold drops, especially at lower levels is way less than 100 coins, and a pack of bolts may contain 180 bolts at 1 coin each, you just passed up 180 gold when you left that drop on the ground.

This guide and the accompanying thread is awsome. One of the best on the forum. My main character right now is a lvl 47 Cleric, but this is my second veno and she will rule. I'm working on getting her a herc for starters. Long way to go, but this guide has given me some ideas that will shorten the process.
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hello.

Firstly, I would like to thank Amiris for the guide. I've recently started a few days ago, and now I know not to disregard drops >_<.

I just have a question regarding merchanting.

I've read through this thread, and I've seen a general consensus that merchanting is bad. It ruins the economy and results in inflated prices.

However, I've played through a multitude of MMORPGs and most rich players there make their money through merchanting. It's one of the common ways to make money. So I'm just wondering why it would be different here. I mean, if one rich player bought up a lot of celestones (as per the example) and then resold them at a higher price, then in order for that player to reap profits, players would actually have to buy them first right? I may be wrong here, but isn't a "fair" price set by the consumer and the seller? A seller (a profitable seller) will always try to sell his goods/services at the highest price possible while a consumer will always try to buy goods/services at the lowest price possible. The price at which they are both willing to exchange the goods is considered a "fair" price right? So if the seller of celestones sets the price high, but players are still willing to buy them, is that still considered an exploitation? If the prices were unreasonable, then wouldn't the player just search elsewhere for prices more suited for them? I suppose if one player monopolized one commodity, then it would ruin the economy, (or if oligopolies formed and groups of players decide to change their prices together), but I don't think that is the case here (I've played for a few days only so please correct me if I'm wrong). As such, wouldn't competition always drive the prices down?

So I guess in short, my question is: Is merchanting considered taboo? And if so, why?

Sorry if I made any mistakes, once again I'm a newbie here.

Thanks for any replies.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Merchanting causes inflation, sure, but people still do it, and you won't be frowned on if you do it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Okay, thanks very much andracil.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    CeltThunder.

I feel your pain. I've been playing several months and am still learning things the hard way. It's unfortunate that there is no good overall guide, and the search function on this forum really needs some work.

Normally what I will do when I am looking for something is google it using "pwi item". For instance, if you want to know about hay, you can't type "hay" in the forum search because it is too short.

Just for future reference for anyone if you put words in quotes("word") a search engine is then forced to look for that exact phrase. That's basic code 101 :).
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just a small reminder. Amiris-Sanctuary is me, before I became a mod xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I didn't get past the first page and agree with MOST of it...

However, doing as many FB's as possible is a GOOD thing, as well as one-man-armies. REP= great importance later in the game, don't gimp yourself by not going to a FB whenever you get the chance. Many people even offer to pay the tabber, as well as including 3* and mold drops because of it. And picking up all the coin that drops from FB can add up to more than you might think.

NPC all DQ? Sorry, Dull Claw, Element Fragment, Element Essence... and to a lesser extent many other DQ items sell for many times more than NPC value. Don't worry so much about mining mats, but the low and mid drop mats for crafting also sell for good coin. Think concetrated/compound glue, oil, rough fur...

You should also stress USE THE AUCTION HOUSE! Yes... you don't have time to catshop? Many items, if reasonably priced sell quite easily. Put a low bid, and an acceptable Buy It Now and you'll do wonders. I've also made a fair amount buying auctions low and relisting them for more.

Keep an eye out for deals in cat shops. Often times you can find low prices on stuff... even mistakes.

Mid-mats such as fine lumber, refined steel, anthricite and rubstone are used to make Ultimate Substances, and when you're able to farm mid-mats, if you have a mount, you can easily make 200-300k an hour farming.

BM's can AoE grind for decent coin, Venos... well they're venos and have the most options... grinding, selling rare all-class and pet eggs, farming HH at later levels and such :P

There are many ways to make money in PW, but farming mid-mats seems to be the most consistent source of revenue, especially if you have a land mount and create your own route.
  • pitar
    pitar Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    all-class and pet eggs, farming HH at later levels and such :P

1-how do u get pet eggs ??
    2-whats HH and how do u farm it ?
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Good posting and great guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • bulletproofguy1
    bulletproofguy1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thank you a lot for this because it really really helped me.b:thanks
  • glaphan
    glaphan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Very helpful and easily understandable guide.
    Thak you very much for this!
  • platy42
    platy42 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The free teleport to Archosaur thing = brilliant! I've never done anything with cube of fate, so had no idea and would have continued to have no idea about it for some time. Thanks!!
  • DeadlyChar - Heavens Tear
    DeadlyChar - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    pitar wrote: »
    1-how do u get pet eggs ??
    You get pet eggs with the skill TAME BEAST learned at lvl 7 for venomancers.
  • axemurderer115
    axemurderer115 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks alot..I really am going to need this now that i am starting...
    -->U.F.O<--
    Boyle Heights Los Angeles[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • locogunner71
    locogunner71 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Great money saving advice, Ill start buying at auction right away!, I also have noticed that sometimes you get better equipment from monsters than from the NPC
  • AlexiZexi - Harshlands
    AlexiZexi - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nice guide, altho I just took my 1,5 mil and bought black bikini and stuff b:laugh Now I sit here with 40k left hahaha!
  • Intelegent - Heavens Tear
    Intelegent - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree with everything you have said here.

thanks for putting this it has really helped cause i never used to pic up the drops or money but now that i have started i have got over 1 million now.b:thanks
  • Deaga - Harshlands
    Deaga - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    nice i like itb:victory
  • oceangirl
    oceangirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This guide is very helpful. I will remember it while playing in the future,especially before buying useless items. Thank you very much!!
  • sweetmocha
    sweetmocha Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    nice guide. thks a mil.b:pleased
  • expolosive
    expolosive Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    most useful guide yet, thanks to you im goin to be a millionaire.Bwahahahaha!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]bleach rules over all anime, if you disagree your stupid and ****.
  • SonicFiend - Dreamweaver
    SonicFiend - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Great and logic!
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Great Guide ... The new auto=pathing they've included with the new Quest Log is very helpful and can save you a ton of money.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • fallenangel0250
    fallenangel0250 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree with everything you have said here.

Thanks for all of the information. I am just starting out and hope to get hang of it early on so not to make too many mistakes. Thanks alot hope to see you out there!!!

FallenAngel0250b:cute