weezer620 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Intresting guide, thanks for it!
  • Glamourness - Sanctuary
    Glamourness - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thx this is a awesome guide and i think i can save pretty well if i follow these rules. I need I just need to know how to get the coins faster.b:surrender
    Thx Forsakenx for this awesome sig

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beans
    beans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Actually, I can simplify your guide into once sentence, and I suppose you ought to just size 100 it and underline it and make it red:

PLAY A VENOMANCER .... THEY NEED YOU IN DUNGEONS, AND YOU ARE 0 MAINTENANCE, NOW GO GET THEM TIGER!

ALSO, DON'T PLAY A CLERIC DUM DUM.

-Yours,
    Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself." ~Francis Meehan
  • LiNdALoVaAj - Sanctuary
    LiNdALoVaAj - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its a very nice guide...i save a lot of money by doing that...and now i have over 2 mil!!!
  • Kraanium - Sanctuary
    Kraanium - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    At first i thought you had stolen this guide and called it yours, because i once saw it on google.

But you didn't, and it's a really good guide.

• joeygambin0
    joeygambin0 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thank you for the guide, Lady. appreciate your work, very helpful.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think this guide is really good.

I also wanted to add if you are an Archer you can save money on arrows by setting up a kitty shop to buy ammo. Normally NPCing ammo gives 1 coin each but buying them costs 3 coin. I setup shop to buy ammo for 2 coin from players so they benefit and I do as well.

I did see a bit of a red flag regarding coin/item litter. Please make sure not to try and obsessively loot another player, let them have their space. I tend to kill 3-4 mobs before I loot and get really annoyed when someone runs up to the loot after a kill and stands there holding the pickup key so I have to stop grinding to pickup my own loot. Pickup the loot if the player leaves the area but you can inconvenience people by trying to steal their loot after every monster they kill.
  • Paranormal - Harshlands
    Paranormal - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Very useful guide! I'll use it.
    bulgarian player
    skype - nightshade45
  • Ithila - Sanctuary
    Ithila - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    execellent guide!
    most of it of knew already,
    but from the free tele to archo is very useful.
    but you can use it only once a day right?
    Inferno Marshal
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nope, the free Arch tele is infinite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetEvilSun - Sanctuary
    SweetEvilSun - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    can anyone tell me where to get the dragon orders pleaseb:thanks
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    can anyone tell me where to get the dragon orders pleaseb:thanks

Get dragon orders by doing dragon quests from dragon directors in the starting areas
  • ramsesxramses
    ramsesxramses Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thx for the guide im noob on the game xD
  • darknsoul
    darknsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hey theres one point that i find could be changed. which is not spending coins on botique items. i find that if you do it carefully, you could make quite a bit. i made like 100k trading clothes already. dont seem like much to the higher lvls, but for low lvls like me? its a lot
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I made all my money by starting gold trading when I was level twenty. It all started with one gold and just took disipline to not spend the profit that I made.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Rocky_Buzz - Heavens Tear
    Rocky_Buzz - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Question:

I have dual blades (Broken.) (So they're 0 coins worth to NPC's.)
    But i have already better blades in use. So i don't know if i must repair them,
    and what i must do with it then.

I have broken Dual Hammers too... But that's a quest reward from the chest , so i can't trade them. What must i do with these things. (I don't go use them anymore because my blades are better.)

What do u have to say about repairing stuff?
  • tezuka
    tezuka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I totally disagree with some of the part such as grinding it's so boring ~o~ and i make like 200k-400k per hour depending if i can sell DQ back for higher profits then an NPC and then I FB like a maniac from lv 40all the way til 80 yet i still have spare $$ and the best items mounts

It's all opinion based how you make $$
    Another Trick is to keep all ur $4 int he bank and only bring minimum with you and say you're poor really works stops temptation of buying
  • theonetheonlycp
    theonetheonlycp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol going to start doing this once the game finishes downloding looks like pretty good idea
  • _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear
    _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    wow this guide is very helpful! grindin really does help! ive stuck to this guide for at least a week i think and ive gotten 300k :D
  • PETSRULE - Sanctuary
    PETSRULE - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Me and my friend both started venos at the same time, and so i pick up ALL drops sell good items to players, picked up coins, and after like 3 days i had 200k, and he had like 25k haha. nice guide though :P
  • Sihing - Sanctuary
    Sihing - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You should mention that if you need to teleport to a city to NPC items, you can use the Town Portal skill. Totally free, only tradeoff is that you can only cast 1 time every hour. Nice guide!
  • shold
    shold Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That was very helpfull to me. I have always bought my armor/weapons from NPC, and lots of money down the drain. So thanks for the post and all new players should read this.b:victory
  • TerraRyzing - Sanctuary
    TerraRyzing - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You should mention that if you need to teleport to a city to NPC items, you can use the Town Portal skill. Totally free, only tradeoff is that you can only cast 1 time every hour. Nice guide!

are you sure it teleports you to the nearest city?
    I tried it in broken bridge village and i was pissed when it teleported me right back to broken bridge village...
    It's time to play the game.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Broken Bridge village is a city. I think Town Portal teleports you to the nearest place with a Teleport master, with only a few exceptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twistedcg
    twistedcg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    First topic i ahve read as i am a new player.

I hope they are all as good as this.
  • Nickolas - Dreamweaver
    Nickolas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Very helpful, I will look torwards your guidance in the future. b:pleased
  • moonraja
    moonraja Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    THx for the help. I am going to play the game tonight. So, i think this guide help.b:thanks
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    For the FB part, I don't totally agreed. More FB means more reputation and if you get enough you'll have gear that kickass for half nothing. Ever seen a robe with channeling -3%, HP+80, Magic+4-5 for 50k ?
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Fear of inflation is always a factor in an MMO, but PWI is doing a pretty good job of controlling the primary causes of this problem. If you scam, you get banned. If you bot, you get banned. There are GMs around and tools to report hackers and scammers. So long as PWI keeps a watch on things, the hyper inflation that has killed many other MMOs is likely to be held in check.

At least, let's hope so.

As for the guide, great work. I was a bit disappointed at first that there were no big secrets, as like everyone I have a bit of trouble getting coins, even following all the ideas. But at the same time, it means that I am doing things correctly and will just have to keep plugging away.

I would suggest to the newer players that one major advantage is to pair up with a good playing partner. If you play together and can trust each other, you can share stacks. For example, my daughter and I play, and she holds ALL the DQ items while I tend to hold a lot of apothecary materials. We sell DQ items when the stacks are over 50 (so if there are 60 in a stack, we sell 10) and we pool our coins as well, so if either of us needs something, all of our coins can be used to buy it. We keep some DQ items because we are still doing some of the Dragon Quests. So far it is working well, but I am sure there will be the odd conflict that needs to be resolved at times. (Being her dad, I tend to be the one who caves b:chuckle.)

At higher levels, create or join a faction. Most factions will do this same kind of thing in that there are going to be those characters that specialize in what items they have. Buying and selling from/to a faction member is likely to be a lot more cost effective than buying and selling from Cat stalls.

Of course, it all depends on trust.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Axe_Fury - Harshlands
    Axe_Fury - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Very nice, good job