Money making : How to do it.

Options

Comments

• tasibar
    tasibar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This is a great guide! Especially for newbs to the entire scene...ive had experience in this genre before so im familiar with some of the things in it...my biggest problem is that i port, EVERYWHERE!! LoL, im going to try and cut that down a bit to save money...
  • lareigna
    lareigna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Good one ^^ I had probs too at the beginnig. But it comes with time....
    thanks for this post xD

Greetings, LaReigna xD
  • Karolii - Sanctuary
    Karolii - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the free ride to Archosaur tip :)

The rest is quite logical and at some point a player figures out most of it I guess, but still this guide is a good reminder.

My headache is caused by the money I "waste" (?) on skills. My skill upgrades cost circa 30 000 coins and at the moment I have about 11 000 coins left. Not much, I know :P Yet I only upgrade the skills I really use.

And of couse there is this Crazy Stone quest (a daily quest), which i would like to do more often, but I usually don't, because money is short :)

And I don't even dare to dream about fancy clothes like Fairy dresses :D
  • TalanthaIis - Lost City
    TalanthaIis - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think that it is a horrible idea to NPC your DQ items. I've made a large amount of money from DQ items, if nothing else create a mule character and put all those DQ items onto that character. Over the course of the game they will accumulate. At night you can set up that mule character in Archosaur, and with proper research at to decent prices you will make a lot, ESPECIALLY with low lvl DQ items, since most characters never make it to see high levels.
  • Ratishi - Sanctuary
    Ratishi - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    that's pretty cool. I don't really understand the walk/run/fly etc. part, i've only teleported once without knowledge, but now i can walk or fly anywhere, so, basically you save money if you fly to further places?
  • valvs
    valvs Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think that it is a horrible idea to NPC your DQ items. I've made a large amount of money from DQ items, if nothing else create a mule character and put all those DQ items onto that character. Over the course of the game they will accumulate. At night you can set up that mule character in Archosaur, and with proper research at to decent prices you will make a lot, ESPECIALLY with low lvl DQ items, since most characters never make it to see high levels.

While low-level items do sell well, I think you'll find that items for DQ 51 and above are much harder to sell, except for a few types that are required for other quests than DQ. So at higher levels, you will be getting much more DQ items than you can sell overnight. It is much easier to just vendor them and use your shop to sell mats instead.
  • thewreckingcrew
    thewreckingcrew Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for the tips. This is my first time in a game like this and i think your tips will be very helpful.
  • Nigello - Dreamweaver
    Nigello - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This guide has helped out enormously as have the numerous posts by experienced players. Tips like putting excess money in the bank and using the auctioneer have given me a much better idea of how to increase my in-game wealth. While I haven't used the catshop option much, setting one up overnight is a fantastic idea, and one that I'll implement tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to make this guide.
  • Duski - Lost City
    Duski - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thanks relly helped.......ty againb:pleased
  • Foxertail - Harshlands
    Foxertail - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The guide is really good. It will surely help the newcomers.
    All newcomers i hope u r having fun! espiecially with a very useful guide. b:pleased
  • PissyPu - Lost City
    PissyPu - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Nice guide Thnx
  • Baeowulfe - Dreamweaver
    Baeowulfe - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Another easy way to make money is check the quest guides, sometimes more than one npc wants a certain monster killed, so getting 2 quests for killing the same monster increases your rewards for the same effort.
    In the lower levels, by using the quests guides, you can load up on quests for a certain area then you dont need to teleport as much.
  • flygoon1
    flygoon1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hey how much will i make from lvls 1-20 if im a newbie venomancer with 0 cash 2 start?
    and should i feed my pet a lot or no?
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Another easy way to make money is check the quest guides, sometimes more than one npc wants a certain monster killed, so getting 2 quests for killing the same monster increases your rewards for the same effort.
    In the lower levels, by using the quests guides, you can load up on quests for a certain area then you dont need to teleport as much.

However since the thread is about how to make more money then following this advice would be losing money instead.

Edit: OK not losing money but giving up opportunity to make more money out of questing

say you have to kill 40 mobs in one quest and
    20 same mobs for another quest. let's say roughly every third mob drops a DQ item worth of 2K

by doing them both at the same time you kill 40 mobs total and get 2x quest reward (let's say it's total 20K) money plus 26K DQ drop money (not including coin and potion drops) =46k

by doing them separately you kill 60 mobs and get 2x quest money (20K) and 40K DQ drop money =60k (not including coin and potion drops)

doing quests separately is money-wise better
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You're assuming that all mobs are equal. Thats not true. As a barb I could grind all day on physical mobs to make money, but every time a quest has me killing closely packed magical mobs (i.e. multiple aggros), I'm spending more on pots/apoth/charms than I'm making usually.
    So I always ensure that all quests that need a particular magical mob (orchid petalis come to mind, tons of quests for them) are all done together. Trust me it saves me money.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Nerosoul - Heavens Tear
    Nerosoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thx it was graet help
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yes, Great Guide. The Teleport Part is great. A Tele from Archosuar to Dreamweaver is 8k, which can be doubled by killing creatures on the way walking. As for the difference in mobs, I agree. As a Archer, I find Magical and Ranged mobs much easier to kill than Physical Mobs, mainly due to the reduction of damage dealt at close range at lower levels. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • jeryy
    jeryy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hello my name is jeryy, was wondering if maybe your play with me when i play? i am down loading the game and it would be awful to play alone :(( hehe
  • Anzabally - Heavens Tear
    Anzabally - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    um could someone explain what grinding is and how to do it?b:surrender
  • Kaosknight - Heavens Tear
    Kaosknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    One of the best ways to make money lvl 40+ is mid lvl mats, in around 3 hours I made ~300k from the mats alone, leading up to a total of around 500k when I factor in DQ sales, coin and equip drops.
    The way to do this is simple: Find spawn spots for the 4 requisite mid grade mats to make Ultimate substances and grind in a circular motion. The mats respawn every 10 mins so if you time it well you can simply pick em up while on the grind. After an hour or two of this you would have enough mats for 1 or 2 ult subs...which sell for 70-80k on HT. I made 4 ult subs after 3 hours....and set up cat shop next to general summer overnight.
    300k when i woke up :P
    All at lvl 42 ^^
  • Amaze - Lost City
    Amaze - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    awsome guide, i know its gona help people!!! b:victory
    oh my god was i that dumb
    seraphium@tumblr
  • tempo121
    tempo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thanks alot man
  • Xab - Heavens Tear
    Xab - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    if ur having a problem running out bank space and don't want to send to a mule u can put in the auction for well over what it is worth. and when it doesn't sell it will be sent to ur postbox where it can set til u pull it out. or if it sells for that ungodly amount u set... chaching
    but don't forget u r only allowed so many post in ur box...
    not sure what the max is tho
    ohh and good guide too, thx
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Big, fat newbie right here (found PW 2 weeks ago)-thanks Amiris for the guide. I've learned a lot just be reading through your guide twice on what to do and what not to do when it comes to money.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So many compliments ^_^ Thanks all, appreciate the support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This is how you make money O.o. Take your parents (or your) credit card ((with permission ofc)) and buy 10 gold. on myserver 150k is a fast gold sell and 180k or so is slower, but look thats 1.5m to 1.8m pretty fast at a

RELATIVELY cheap cost.
    i mean if u r young, do chores around the house for 10 bucks, if you are older get a job O.o. or if you live by yourself decide if you want to make PWI a place to put your money.

CAUTION: It's addicting to buy gold. Im 16 and i have my own credit card and I have bought about $100 worth of gold lolz. but i have a job and no bills so it works.

1 more thing: If u buy gold buy about 20 teles and comment nice or funny (but not crude) things over wc when a high level person talks. Sometimes they can become your friend (i have 6 60+ and like 10 40+ friend on my list at level 30). They wont get you money (sometimes they will, though) but they can help u with quests, introduce u to more people, or watch your back once you hit 30. I sold a gold hp charm to a person i saw on wc alot before and she was like wewt! *friend invite* and then introduced me to half if not more of the level 6x+s i know.
    Btw: Share the money (a little) when you buy gold. if a friend is like IM POAR, party up with him and drop 100k. he will get 50k and he will be like wow thx *+10 friendship points*
    Alright i hope some people read this. i hope i didnt just waste my timeb:chuckle

Oh, and one more thing, for the people who just CAN'T do this, just wait a little bit. For those parents that r like "no rawr" just drop hints and show that you are really interested in the game and i believe (eventually) they will let you get $10 worth of gold.

Good luck. I hope this has made you realize 10 gold is an investment into an easier playing time :).
  • AfterForever - Lost City
    AfterForever - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    or u guys can just lvl up to 60 or 59 and grind on foxwings which will give u lots of money in no time since they have a 60% drop rate for DQ items
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Personally there could a lot more improvements made to this guide.

I think its good, but there is a lot you can still work on...

Well, if you want the amazing Zephyr's godly gold making guide, feel free to hit me up on PM.

P.S. No way I'm making it public <.<..... well because most of my secret arts require few people to know about my arts. Think of me as Jedi Money Master b:chuckle. There can't be too many other Jedi Knights, only a selected few.

P.P.S. I'll only answer the first 5 PMs, yea... bring on the crappy spamming you noobs.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's probably just me, but I'm having a VERY tough time finding things I need.

How do you get to an auctioneer? I tried the map/coordinates and kept running into walls, etc.

What/where is the best place to sell the tiny drops you get in the beginning?

Is there a manual/game guide somewhere that offers answers, especially on where and how to find the stuff you need?

So far I'm not finding this game very user friendly in terms of information - if someone could point me to a game guide I'd truly appreciate it.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's probably just me, but I'm having a VERY tough time finding things I need.

How do you get to an auctioneer? I tried the map/coordinates and kept running into walls, etc.

Start flying.... use 50 Altitude.

What/where is the best place to sell the tiny drops you get in the beginning?

Auction House for Lowest manufacturing materials. NPC for everything else.

Is there a manual/game guide somewhere that offers answers, especially on where and how to find the stuff you need?

Yes, it's called the Beginner Guide http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide
    I thought everyone read it lol.... Opps I guess I was wrong.

So far I'm not finding this game very user friendly in terms of information - if someone could point me to a game guide I'd truly appreciate
    it.

I'm sorry that you can't find a game guide, but if you used the Search Button you can find all your answers. Personally, after 1 week playing this game. I already know more than most people who play 2 months.

msg 2 short
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug