How to be successful on the new servers!

Options

Comments

• chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They do. At 73 venos get a new pet heal lvl and their pet heal is based off their magic attack, which is based off their magic and their weapon. You would be surprised at how much a difference that makes.

~S

Fine, I'll take your word for it. But besides Gargatong, the issue of "super-solo":
    1. allows venos to save tons of money/time
    2. allows venos the option of making tons of money at the cost of other classes
    Reminder that money saved is in the form of: TT mats, apocalypse pages, "?" boss drops. Time saved is many, many, many hours from having to split drops with others.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am basing my argument on the fact that if an MMORPG is finally making an effort to get rl girls involved in the genre, then I am all for it.

And I am willing to bet that many other males with wives and girlfriends, would undoubtedly agree.

Please find some sort of evidence that PW is trying to attract more girls to play computer games, and maybe your words will have some substance. Ditto with the second sentence.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Saitada is getting angry. b:avoid*Hides behind Saitada* She will never look here.
    **** she spotted me.b:surrender Be gentleb:sad

Hopefully she see it this time.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Please find some sort of evidence that PW is trying to attract more girls to play computer games, and maybe your words will have some substance. Ditto with the second sentence.

Venomancers are suppose to be a female only class. They are cutesy. They have cutesy pets. They have pink bubbles that emanate from their bodies ...

Do they have to spell it out for you man?
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Venomancers are suppose to be a female only class. They are cutesy. They have cutesy pets. They have pink bubbles that emanate from their bodies ...

Do they have to spell it out for you man?

...I'm not bothering to respond to your posts anymore until they're somewhat free from personal bias.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Saitada is getting angry. b:avoid*Hides behind Saitada* She will never look here.
    **** she spotted me.b:surrender Be gentleb:sad

Hopefully she see it this time.
    *looks behind me* AHHHH oh it's you! Hi Tiggy!

~S
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ...I'm not bothering to respond to your posts anymore until they're somewhat free from personal bias.

Dude, you're not going to talk to me anymore? Hahahaha ...

Now you're starting to sound like a B***H.

Perhaps you would be justified in rolling yourself a venomancer

Just so were clear on this ... no one is asking you to respond to my threads.

You do that of your own volition.

Anyway, I'm out. Got other things to do.

It's been fun.

Later.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    YAY Saitada didn't maim me lol.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyway, I'd say my guide is pretty legitimate. Whoever follows it will be up there in the economic, and eventually experience rankings.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'll tell you how to be successful on a new server.

By ignoring this THREAD!!
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    I'll tell you how to be successful on a new server.

By ignoring this THREAD!!

Yay for random flames again.
  • sealed
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Look your guide explains how to gain money, not how to be successful.

For example:

You make Venomancer, I make a Blademaster, By the time you hit lvl 60 I'm lvl 50, you farm at HH for a couple weeks to gain drops, then you spend a week selling them, by that time I'm lvl 70, now you have 20 million from your strategy and reroll a character. So now your lvl 1 and rich, and I'm lvl 70+.
    And at my lvl I will get more money from drops than you farming in HH.

How is that successful?
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Look your guide explains how to gain money, not how to be successful.

For example:

You make Venomancer, I make a Blademaster, By the time you hit lvl 60 I'm lvl 50, you farm at HH for a couple weeks to gain drops, then you spend a week selling them, by that time I'm lvl 70, now you have 20 million from your strategy and reroll a character. So now your lvl 1 and rich, and I'm lvl 70+.
    And at my lvl I will get more money from drops than you farming in HH.

How is that successful?

First of all, your time frame needs to be more realistic. Farming TT will not take weeks, if you spend a day farming it, you'll get a decent number of drops. As I said previously, a veno i know made 20 mil in 9 days this way. Also, in one week, you will not go from 60 to 70 unless you have virtually no life in that timeframe. And, TT mats will NOT take "weeks" to sell. Probably days. One more flaw: You will not get more money from DQ drops than TT. 20 mil? Good luck getting that from drops, when each is what, 2.9k? Let's say 3 hours of grinding for you. As a bm, you will not make over 300k. 100k per hour is generous. For 3 hours, a veno runs though TT, gets say, one of each mat. At 300k each, that's over 1 mil. You will never out-profit that.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's bedtime. But my guide isn't really a joke. It's perfectly practical. And as mentioned before, people are already planning to do it. I just made it to point out how venos can basically own the game.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    First of all, your time frame needs to be more realistic. Farming TT will not take weeks, if you spend a day farming it, you'll get a decent number of drops. As I said previously, a veno i know made 20 mil in 9 days this way. Also, in one week, you will not go from 60 to 70 unless you have virtually no life in that timeframe. And, TT mats will NOT take "weeks" to sell. Probably days. One more flaw: You will not get more money from DQ drops than TT. 20 mil? Good luck getting that from drops, when each is what, 2.9k? Let's say 3 hours of grinding for you. As a bm, you will not make over 300k. 100k per hour is generous. For 3 hours, a veno runs though TT, gets say, one of each mat. At 300k each, that's over 1 mil. You will never out-profit that.

A barb I know made 60 mil in 3 days.
    3rd unknown persons are such a reliable source right?

btw a dedicated guild can easily make way more than you, 1 squad run can be more than 4 solo runs and they dont spend time farming mats for substance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A barb I know made 60 mil in 3 days.
    3rd unknown persons are such a reliable source right?

btw a dedicated guild can easily make way more than you, 1 squad run can be more than 4 solo runs and they dont spend time farming mats for substance.

Gonna go to bed now, but..
    good luck finding that guild. Need I remind you, you're comparing a guild with a single veno. Those shouldn't even be comparable. Your comparison further shows how venos can gain so much power.
    Would you like me to say the veno's name? I kept him annonymous since I doubt he'd want to be singled out on this forum for making so much money in a short time. Guess i'll find out tomorrow.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Gonna go to bed now, but..
    good luck finding that guild. Need I remind you, you're comparing a guild with a single veno. Those shouldn't even be comparable. Your comparison further shows how venos can gain so much power.
    Would you like me to say the veno's name? I kept him annonymous since I doubt he'd want to be singled out on this forum for making so much money in a short time. Guess i'll find out tomorrow.

I can also say the barbs name and claim he quit, big deal?
    Dunno bout you but I'm playing with my guild, so yeah I can compare all I want.

You do 1 run, get 2~4 mats. Spent 30 mins ~ 1 hr depending on luck getting the ulti sub (since every1 will be hunting for it).
    Squad does 1 run, get 6~10 mats and a bunch of bones. No time spent hunting.

I'll stay with squad tyvm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tl;dr

So I guess first post says "B pure mag buy hax burd 4 fast lvls n win da game :DD"?
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I read most of the posts in this thread. And i believe you forgot to mention one of the biggest factor about all advantages/disadvantages.

Time!
    You forget tha even if a veno with a herc can solo most things that the other classes can not.
    It takes so much time to solo a TTsquadmode run solo that im almost sure that 90% of the venos in game dont do it. A solo run in 2-2 squad mode takes me a minimum of 4 hours including trashmobs. Have to do some very hp rich mobs to get to bosses.

Which leaves 10% of the venos. And if you look at what kind of players those 10% are. You will sertenly find that those are the hardcore ones.
    This kind of players no matter what class they play are extremly stubborn in getting what they want in what ever game they play. And spend much much more time then the average player to get it.
    And we can all get what we want if we are willing to put the time, or in PW, the money to get it.

And like someone mention the venos with hercs keeps the economy in PW rolling. We supply TT mats and molds which keeps them at a lower price.
    We buy mats to make wine and mats for subs which keep them at fairly high price. Good for those who realise it, gather them and sell in catmode or in AH.
    We buy alot of gold with coins which keeps the visa zhen buyers happy because they get coins fast and to a fair price. About 100k/g in Heavens tear.

And my last point of view. Due to the time it takes to make TT squadmode solo. I usaly take 3 more ppl in the PT and i can assure you all that they are very happy that the herc tanks. It keeps minimum costs in charms for everyone.

Dont hate us so much we are not all bad egocentric people. But i do enyoy solo most of my time in game and venos rocks for that b:bye
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Chipsing, you follow your own guide down to every last detail AND THEN tell us how it worked out, ok?
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As was mentioned, venos are soloers. Which veno is going to tank for someone else? I doubt there are many venos that generous. The veno got the herc so she/he could do it by themselves.

I'm not much of a solo veno... I like doing things in squad... and whenever someone needs help I go and tank for them... though I can only tank fb19 and fb29 xD haha

I do think that veno's got an unfair advantage as it comes to taming. I could spend the whole day near snow hares spawn places and tame around 20 eggs... sell that for 50k each and you get 1m for doing NOTHING... I don't do it though.. guess I'm a little stupid as to making money business xD. Or I'm just not interested in making money but playing and enjoying the game.

The problem here is that you consider all venos overpowered with their cash shop pets... now, out of all venos in the game, how many got cash shop pets? I don't as well as many others dont either. I have to make my way through the game with my loyal magmite and my shaodu that I luckily tamed. It's not that easy... stronger mobs will sometimes forget about my pet and come directly to me... My mag's lvl 1 bash won't be enough for a mob 5 or 6 lvls higher. If I want it to be more efficient... I'll have to spend around 400k. And when my pet tanking fails (I really hate range-based mobs), my charm starts ticking... and I start dying. Faster than I would like to.

I understand your point when you say that we can make money faster. Indeed, we can. Taming and selling eggs is much of a millon business. But overpowered in some other way? I dont think so... unless you want to spend $200 on a Phoenix or a Herc. How many 13y.old guys are playing this game? Do you think they have access to a CC? Not even many of the others, older ones, have it though. So, this overpower thingee... is it naturally part of the veno or do we have to pay far more than you'd pay in the entire time you'd play PWI to get it?
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey everyone. As many know, two new servers are going to be coming out soon. So, how do you be successful on there? How do you exploit the imbalance of the game to quickly rise to the top? Here's a thorough guide on how to do that. Well, it's actually quite simple:
    1. Make a venomancer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5xKrqgpj8
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I dont know what to say to that, I don't want to say you're incompetent, but I know venos with herc that could solo it at your level.

Well, I don't want to say that you may be misinformed, but it might be worthwhile challenging the venos you speak of... or any veno, with any gear and any pet, to SOLO Gargantakong in their 70s.

Other than that one point, I haven't found anything worth responding to on either side of this thread so far.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Chipsing, you follow your own guide down to every last detail AND THEN tell us how it worked out, ok?

Brilliant point!
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think the op is tryying to say its do-able which it is. At the start of the server there are no pts as very few are over lv 60 to farm. Start of the server venos level fastest and cheapest. Big example of this=Ara. He had milliions in the first weeks from solo hh60 and selling the wepons to all the new level 60s for 500k-1mil.

Yes saitada u may not be a rich veno and may use a lot of charms but in general venos dont. My friend never sold a single dq or used pots for grind jus used her switch, hp and mana skillssold it all mid 8x to buy a phoenix no farming just from her grinding up to that level..
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I see two problems with this thread.

A) the veno will be in competition with literally thousand of other venos going after the same stuff.

B) The assumption that a new server will be just as rich as the old ones. I mean, if I level slower than a veno, then I'll probably only be level 40 or 50 when the veno starts farming TT. And why would I want to buy the materials for a TT weapon at that point, especially if I can't afford it - taking into account that the primary source of income WILL be to sell junk to NPCs. No one will have enough to buy overpriced stuff for a good long while.
  • sealed
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The point is, you make it sound like this is the only way to make money.

FALSE!! Theirs lots of ways to make money in PW instead of rolling a Veno or farming HH.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The point is, you make it sound like this is the only way to make money.

FALSE!! Theirs lots of ways to make money in PW instead of rolling a Veno or farming HH.

The point the original posted suggested was that this would be one of the fastest ways to make the most money on a fresh new server.

Lets face it, if you were one of the only people selling HH materials - I'm pretty sure you wouldn't list a Broken Drum at 80,000 coins. I'd think it would be in the ballpark of 200K if not more.

Whilst it would be faster to make coins by selling cash shop accessories - the new server wouldn't have a populace able to afford it until much later in te game.

Its NOT that its the only way to make coins, its that it CAN be the best way to hold a temporary monopoly if you level faster than anyone else.

The competition will be there - no doubt, but the point is that an Archer, Cleric, Mage, Blademaster, and Barbarian are severely disadvantaged in this "race"

Its like asking a disabled person to race against Hussain Bolt - without a 60M handicap.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, I don't want to say that you may be misinformed, but it might be worthwhile challenging the venos you speak of... or any veno, with any gear and any pet, to SOLO Gargantakong in their 70s.

Other than that one point, I haven't found anything worth responding to on either side of this thread so far.

Read the other venos responses to my posts....they said new pet heal at lvl 73 makes a world of difference, and I conceded that point. Did you also see the "herc" in my sentence?
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm not much of a solo veno... I like doing things in squad... and whenever someone needs help I go and tank for them... though I can only tank fb19 and fb29 xD haha

I do think that veno's got an unfair advantage as it comes to taming. I could spend the whole day near snow hares spawn places and tame around 20 eggs... sell that for 50k each and you get 1m for doing NOTHING... I don't do it though.. guess I'm a little stupid as to making money business xD. Or I'm just not interested in making money but playing and enjoying the game.

The problem here is that you consider all venos overpowered with their cash shop pets... now, out of all venos in the game, how many got cash shop pets? I don't as well as many others dont either. I have to make my way through the game with my loyal magmite and my shaodu that I luckily tamed. It's not that easy... stronger mobs will sometimes forget about my pet and come directly to me... My mag's lvl 1 bash won't be enough for a mob 5 or 6 lvls higher. If I want it to be more efficient... I'll have to spend around 400k. And when my pet tanking fails (I really hate range-based mobs), my charm starts ticking... and I start dying. Faster than I would like to.

I understand your point when you say that we can make money faster. Indeed, we can. Taming and selling eggs is much of a millon business. But overpowered in some other way? I dont think so... unless you want to spend $200 on a Phoenix or a Herc. How many 13y.old guys are playing this game? Do you think they have access to a CC? Not even many of the others, older ones, have it though. So, this overpower thingee... is it naturally part of the veno or do we have to pay far more than you'd pay in the entire time you'd play PWI to get it?

Don't want to bother with responding to everything on this post so let's just address the money issue.
    You say it costs a lot for those pets. Yes, that's true. At least 20 mil. Like my guide said, on a new server, if you farm TT 60, you'll be making millions at the forefront of selling TT mats. And you can solo Chintien with a magmite. Even if you don't, venos already make the most money normally from lack of repairs/use of pots/faster mob killing. Anyway, that's not the main point. The point is, once you get herc, you can get the money back in a hurry. Again, doing the veno-only task of soloing TT. Higher level TTs. Say get 5 mats per run, that's 1.5 mil. Do a run a day; yes it may slow leveling, but if you get enough to buy a phoenix, voila. Hercules is basically a 20 mil investment for a nearly guaranteed source of high income.