How to be successful on the new servers!

Options

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Then go soloeing TT squad mode... No need for subs + better drops. And no, you don't need to kill all the bossess, if you don't want to or you can't.
    I would do this but I don't particularly like asking three other people to come out to TT just so I can start a squad mode run. It's unfair to them.

~S
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would do this but I don't particularly like asking three other people to come out to TT just so I can start a squad mode run. It's unfair to them.

~S

Then just give them like 2 mirage celestones each. They'll be happy to help. Especially if they are on your friends list :P
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh venos who love to point to the rankings, I wonder why 13 out of the top 19 in Harshlands are currently venos, and 9 out of the top 16 in Dreamweaver are too? And how venos are at least the top 4 of each? There must be a reason why so many re-rolled as one...hmm, what can it be? You who love to use rankings, here is your proof.
    In 2 months, come back and talk about the rankings again on the new servers. Until then, realistically, the rankings on servers that have been up for all of a cpl days, means exactly squat. When the servers have had the chance to age a cpl months, it will show a clearer representation of classes. At that point, I am sure you will see a much larger difference in classes than you do now. With Veno's perhaps holding their own in the first cpl months.

In 6 months, check again. I doubt many Veno's will be top ranked on any server by then.

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Then just give them like 2 mirage celestones each. They'll be happy to help. Especially if they are on your friends list :P
    Possibly. I have quite a few on my lists. have to clear it out now and then. Still seems unfair to them but meh, I will give it a shot and see how that works out.

~S
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    In 2 months, come back and talk about the rankings again on the new servers. Until then, realistically, the rankings on servers that have been up for all of a cpl days, means exactly squat.

~S

This is so true since the people who rolled venos will, most likely, re-roll a different class after a week or so.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    In 2 months, come back and talk about the rankings again on the new servers. Until then, realistically, the rankings on servers that have been up for all of a cpl days, means exactly squat. When the servers have had the chance to age a cpl months, it will show a clearer representation of classes. At that point, I am sure you will see a much larger difference in classes than you do now. With Veno's perhaps holding their own in the first cpl months.

In 6 months, check again. I doubt many Veno's will be top ranked on any server by then.

~S

I really wish you hadn't of posted this.

With this post you have officially guaranteed this thread to be necro-posted every couple of months, if not more frequently.

You may as well call this the ultimate undead post. It will never die and raise from its grave more often than prince dracula himself for all eternity.
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hmm. Idk if any of you were on just now, but the GM just asked..."Which class is overpowered?" And guess what class showed up the most in WC? Venomancer. Seems I'm not the only one who thinks so, but one of the several who bother to speak up about it.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hmm. Idk if any of you were on just now, but the GM just asked..."Which class is overpowered?" And guess what class showed up the most in WC? Venomancer. Seems I'm not the only one who thinks so, but one of the several who bother to speak up about it.

That's just people venting their hate of venos.

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't know if you also noticed ARCHERS, BARBS, CLERICS etc were in there frequently as well.

Go die. We are tired of hearing you spew your hatred for a class you haven't even played past lvl 20 and know nothing about, while refusing to listen to those who do know the class.

You don't even have the balls to post with your main, and hide cowering behind an alt like a pansy while spewing hatred on the forums. You are probably afraid to post with your main because your faction leader is a Veno and you don't want them finding out how much you hate the class for fear they will boot you out.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh Ahh that is probably exactly it.

~Saitada
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I read this entire topic last night, and one thing seems perfectly clear to me: Saitada, you have dominated this discussion with your hostility--nothing else. I AM uninformed about venos, however, just from reading the forums here, I know that even though your method is not typical of your class, you are still using it to defend against venos being overpowered. This is like not making hamburgers because the price of filet mignon is too high when no one in their right mind would use filet mignon to make a hamburger.

I get that it makes a more enjoyable game experience for you. If you're going to conform rigidly to what's outlined in the fansites for your class, sucking out all originality and fun, you may as well find an auto script and start botting. COLOR="Silver"][I]don't really do this[/I][/COLOR However, you can't use your unorthodox methods in defense of your entire class when they are only indicative of your playing styles and maybe a few others out there.

So go ahead and tell me to pull my head out of my **** or kill myself, I've heard worse from people who obviously take their games too seriously.

Btw, I don't hate venos. My daughter plays one. She's lvl 16 and I CAN NOT beat her in duels. Imagine that. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't know if you also noticed ARCHERS, BARBS, CLERICS etc were in there frequently as well.

Go die. We are tired of hearing you spew your hatred for a class you haven't even played past lvl 20 and know nothing about, while refusing to listen to those who do know the class.

You don't even have the balls to post with your main, and hide cowering behind an alt like a pansy while spewing hatred on the forums. You are probably afraid to post with your main because your faction leader is a Veno and you don't want them finding out how much you hate the class for fear they will boot you out.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh Ahh that is probably exactly it.

~Saitada

Oh yeah, there were a couple of other classes mentioned, but which was the most again? We already answered that.
    Who is "we" again? You and a few other venos who can't handle a few argumental posts without going into personal insults. I may not have played a veno past 20, but tell me, have you played any other class to a high level? I know the layout of how venos work, and having passed through the levels with another character, as well as seen other venos around me fight, I have a pretty good idea of what its like. What you see people doing in this game, is pretty much exactly what they're doing. I.e. if they shoot ironwood scarab, then they've pressed that button. It's not rocket science. When a veno shoots scarabs for 10 seconds at a mob before it goes down, then heals the pet, it's not hard to figure out what exactly she did.
    As for that last part, it's all flaming. Should it matter what my real char is, unless you simply want to attack it instead of the arguments? If you've read my posts, I've already given away what faction I'm in. And no, the leader is not a veno.
    Sometimes you're pretty full of yourself, Saitada.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh yeah, there were a couple of other classes mentioned, but which was the most again? We already answered that.
    Who is "we" again? You and a few other venos who can't handle a few argumental posts without going into personal insults. I may not have played a veno past 20, but tell me, have you played any other class to a high level? I know the layout of how venos work, and having passed through the levels with another character, as well as seen other venos around me fight, I have a pretty good idea of what its like. What you see people doing in this game, is pretty much exactly what they're doing. I.e. if they shoot ironwood scarab, then they've pressed that button. It's not rocket science. When a veno shoots scarabs for 10 seconds at a mob before it goes down, then heals the pet, it's not hard to figure out what exactly she did.
    As for that last part, it's all flaming. Should it matter what my real char is, unless you simply want to attack it instead of the arguments? If you've read my posts, I've already given away what faction I'm in. And no, the leader is not a veno.

All you are doing is posting flame-bait.

Please grow up, chipsing.

• jalenstar4ever
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Btw, I don't hate venos. My daughter plays one. She's lvl 16 and I CAN NOT beat her in duels. Imagine that. lol

I don't mean to be rude or anything mom, but with all due respect ...

you wouldn't be implying that you lost to your daughter simply because she is a veno and you are not, would you?

That's not very sportsmanslike of you.

I mean, it couldn't possibly have been because your daughter is simply a better player than mom, could it?

By all means, why don't we all just blame everthing on the veno from now on? It makes for a very convenient excuse for anyone who, lord forbid, ever loses to a veno.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Looks like you really fail at playing foxes. What good is hp/mp swap when you trade 5000 hp for 5000 mp? Oh right... hp is more coin per point than mp...
    In other words, hp/mp exhange is only a good deal when you are a oneshot NOOB with 1500 hp and 5000 mp...

lol. How a level 88 can post this just boggles the mind.
    You really dont get how soul transfusion can effectively give you 2 Nature's grace's every 300 seconds, regardless of hp/mp ratio? I would have though it was painfully obvious, but you just dont get it?

Wow. *shakes head in disbelief*
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Directed at Saitada, Venomancers have the easy leveling until 60. 60+, other classes have the advantage, because they can zhen, whereas a venomancer cannot. However, you don't need to be 75+ or whatever to solo TT as a veno.

I thought it went more like... other classes get zhen parties. Venos get to zhen without needing a party :P
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I thought it went more like... other classes get zhen parties. Venos get to zhen without needing a party :P

Yep, another venos are "all-powerful" post.

/All other classes may now bow in unison

All hail the veno overlords!!
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, why not roll one up if you envy them so much.
    You realize no amount of complaining on these boards will make a scrap of difference, since the game is coded in China, and I seriously they either read these forums, or care what our opinions are.
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, why not roll one up if you envy them so much.
    You realize no amount of complaining on these boards will make a scrap of difference, since the game is coded in China, and I seriously they either read these forums, or care what our opinions are.

Was this directed at me Foxx?

If so, I was just being sarcastic in my prior post above lol.

Actually, I don't have a dog in this fight. I am not quite sure why I'm siding with venos other than the fact that my gf is one and the constant whining on these boards just got hella annoying. Every other thread is a veno-hating thread of some sort.

They b:cry and b:cry and then b:cry some more. It's like a screeching noise that just won't stop lol.

TBH though, I am sort of hoping that the devs hurry up and swing that big ol' nerf bat. Maybe then this incessant whining will stop (although I somehow doubt it since the "veno-hating force" is quite strong around these parts). It could also serve to dwindle down the veno population a bit. Little do these veno-hating whiners realize that their constant whining on these boards has only served to increase their ever-hating veno population. But let's not tell them anything lest they go from whining to outright bawling. And you don't want that. Trust me.

Anyway ...

So as we all know ... we have the whiners, many of which you have already met on this forum board, and then there are the OP class hoppers. You don't really see these types on forum boards much, although they do lurk, but you will know them when you see them in the game. They are not hard to spot with a trained eye. These are those people who just run to whichever class is deemed to be the most OP at any given time.

So, they roll their OP class until the whiners, yes the same ones, start doing their whining again, which as you well know by now is inevitable because whining is what they do best, causing the nerf bat to swing again. This in turn causes the OP hoppers to dump the nerfed class and quickly roll the next OP class. They have to be really quick, you see, because they want to be the first to level 100 and PK everybody around them like a chicken speaking leet talk with their heads cut off. Anyway, then the whiners, yes indeedy the same ones, start their whining again, and then ... well, I think you get the poinl.

So, let's keep the whining goin' whinersss ...

Can't keep the OP hoppers a' watinnn' ...

Let's get those nerf bats a'swinging 'round n 'round, yes roun' n 'roundddd ...

Those nerf bats are a' goinnnn!
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude or anything mom, but with all due respect ...

you wouldn't be implying that you lost to your daughter simply because she is a veno and you are not, would you?

That's not very sportsmanslike of you.

I mean, it couldn't possibly have been because your daughter is simply a better player than mom, could it?

By all means, why don't we all just blame everthing on the veno from now on? It makes for a very convenient excuse for anyone who, lord forbid, ever loses to a veno.
    Good job skipping over the part where I said I don't hate venos. I guess I just haven't gotten to know enough of you yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Who is "we" again? I may not have played a veno past 20, but tell me, have you played any other class to a high level? Should it matter what my real char is, unless you simply want to attack it instead of the arguments? If you've read my posts, I've already given away what faction I'm in. And no, the leader is not a veno.
    Funny, I see the same SEVEN names here screaming hate at Veno's regularly

Powermind - Lost City
    chipsing1234 - chicken **** that is afraid to name his main
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Picexplorer - Heavens Tear
    dekciw - chickenshyt
    Asgenar - Lost City
    mrninja - ?? - just an idiot

Some (like you) far more than others (your actually the most prolific hater on the boards), and some just trying to reason out whats going on and actually doing better at explaining the difficulties and differences of the class than others.

Now, as to playing any other class to a high level. Nope, and I don't PRESUME to talk about how easy or hard some other class is because I actually KNOW I haven't played it to a respectable level... unlike YOU on the other hand.

Unlike you, I have never claimed to have a character that is high level other than the one I post with.

Unlike you, I don't have an unreasonable hatred for a class because they can do something I can't ( I do envy BM's their AOE grinding and stunning ability, and Barbs their massive HP's and tanking ability, Archers insane knockback, damage and PvP ability, and Wizzies high damage potential and of course Clerics ability to heal themselves and others as well as buff themselves and others.. but I don't CRY about it because I know those are simply parts DESIGNED into the class).

Say whatever you like. The simple fact is, you hate the class w/o knowing much of what your talking about because you don't have the experience with the class to back it up... yet when confronted with proof to the contrary you dismiss it out of hand.

And again... Unlike you I don't hide what I say behind an alt, and I actually have a set and post with my main. Cowards hide behind alts. Nuff said.

~Saitada
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Say whatever you like. The simple fact is, you hate the class w/o knowing much of what your talking about because you don't have the experience with the class to back it up... yet when confronted with proof to the contrary you dismiss it out of hand.

QFT
    Applies to most if not all veno haters

Awesome sig btw
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    QFT
    Applies to most if not all veno haters

Awesome sig btw

lol true. And thanks. I'm trying to fnd some new fonts my old stash is getting stale. nothing up mah sleeve (roar... oh **** it's a LION). lol.

Gads... Rocky and Bullwinkle flashbacks!

~S
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thread is probably dead but I really want to know what inspired this person to take a good 10-20 minutes of their time to make a rant on a free mmo that they will probably quit later on.
    b:surrender
    It's a game, have fun.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol true. And thanks. I'm trying to fnd some new fonts my old stash is getting stale. nothing up mah sleeve (roar... oh **** it's a LION). lol.

Gads... Rocky and Bullwinkle flashbacks!

~S

lol love the sigs u make. where u getting those pictures at if you dont mind me asking.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol love the sigs u make. where u getting those pictures at if you dont mind me asking.
    most of the came from here but I have an extensive collection of images (close to 60 gigs now) from all sorts of websites and forums etc. Most I can't even remember where I got the from now as I have had them for years.

~S
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There's yet a person to say my arguments aren't legit.

Your arguments aren't legit.

There I said it! They're not legit because they're born out of the wrong reasoning and sentiment.

Less cynicism and a more relaxed attitude would do you good. But I'm making assumptions now, and I don't like doing that.

Corsen
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    As a fairly new player I will add my observation here. Venos are overpowered. It has nothing to do with the developers intention to develop a solo class. It has to do with the fact that balancing classes in these type games is a pretty difficult task.

I come from playing a game where I was a fairly high level pet class, and what I was able to do as a pet class in terms of PvE and PvE could only be achieved by the other classes by putting in far more effort than I had to. I openly admitted to the classes overpoweredness and when I quit the game I left recommendations for rebalancing of the classes.

From an in game perspective I have played around with various classes and by a very big margin venos are rediculously easier to play than the other classes. Having picked a wizard as my main I can easily see the wide gap/imbalance the developers have created between the classes.

It is a situation that needs to be addressed. Having played other mmos as well it is usual for the offending classes players to become jittery when everyone complains about them. Reason being that many a time when a class, skill, pet etc was deemed OP, the resultant nerf made the game no better balance wise. I will never forget how in one mmo a single stat nerf dragged them from being the best PvP class to the worst in one update/patch.

These Korean mmo developers still have a difficult time striking balances. I could keep the argument that venos were made to solo but to justify that would mean that you would have to point out the advantage of every class to me. Frankly in PWI that is not so. For e.g. wizards are simply gimp. By default archers, venos, clerics and make rolling a wizard a waste of time. I play the wizard simply because that is the class I like and I am taking my time playing but if I were more seriously into this game I definitely would not pick wizard.

To me I think if you are going to make a class good at a particular aspect of the game (venos can solo and PvP withe phoenix better than all other) then you have to give an advantage to everyone else so for e.g. Let BM have a drop rate boost passive, Let wizards have an inate ability to craft better gears at a higher rate, give barbs the abiltiy to buy stuff from NPC at a reduced cost e.g. 10% less, let archers be able to refine gears with a higher rate of success than others and let clerics be able to farm mats at x2 e.g. when digging up logs if you normally get 1 you get 2 and if you kill a mob and normally get 1 rough fur you get 2 instead. That is from a money making perspective and even those suggestions would need balancing. I don't mention venos because they already have a huge advantage i.e. ability to solo dungeons and get a pet than can beat every one in PvP.

From a PvP perspective definitely some skill changes are in order. For e.g. Wizards are far too easy to kill BUT wait, I'm not complaining keep it that way but the for the sake of keeping the game competitive boost their PvP power a bit. Give people a real reason to fear me. If they can kill me in 2 hits due to my weak armor give me the ability to kill them in 2 hits due to my overwhelming magical power, thats only fair. (Ok this part is completely biased but I admit it openly).

Are venos OP: Yes. Anyone who can't see or admit it most likely plays one.

ok i got up to page 17 and didnt see a reply to this so i had to do this where does giving all other classes abilitys to make stuff better and farm herbs and mats easier help here? and you throw is the less price for the barbs you know how many threads you would see about barbs being able to get stuff cheaper or all the above for any class and the abilities listed.Jst because venos can solo everyone cries. so what if we make money more often it also takes us longer because the other classes squading equals less time plus with the clerics you can res your party if they die for us if we die we are gone. i agree wizards are the hardest class to lvl but thats the way in every game wizards have no def but strong magic and if you get 2 shotted by a physical you should be able to 2 shot it back you probably just havent done your stats right. im sick of hearing people whine that the venos are overpowered i have played a veno and on this new server i made a blademaster and you know what i find the blademaster more fun cause it requires the parties and venos get boring cause you have no one to talk to. if you dont like the fact that venos can solo make one or play a different game end of point.
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Whats the deal with everyone always wanting to be so dang rich? None of my toons are rich as you say, but I always have enough to get the items I want if I cannot get them from a drop or are to impatient to wait for a drop. Why would you need all the excess coin? If it was actual money I may somewhat understand, but being a free game you cant even sell accounts on like E Bay for any real money. Is it just to say "hey look at me I have 20 mil coins!!" Big Deal...
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i'm bored :P and richnesss = easy game, you don't have to farm things you need and you can just buy them. i hate farming mats, and i buy them :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loontjuh - Sanctuary
    Loontjuh - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    All classes can do it eventually. Veno's can do it "slightly" earlier. Thats fine, I can't fly till i'm 30, maybe I should scream and cry how unfair an advantage that gives Archers and Clerics. Or how about "I can't AOE grind like a BM nerf them it's unfair. Or I can't tank Gargantakong like a Barb or Mantavip like a high level cleric nerf them.

Shall I continue?

Nuff said.

*removed to be nice*

~Saitada

I realy loled reading this dirt.
    Just admit veno is overpowerd, slightly earlier.
    My lvl 79 BM cant tank solo tt 1-1 without buning 100K of my hp charm.
    Barb cant tank garganta without clerics.
    So wats your freaking point when someone says veno are overpowerd, well there right.

Btw, got nothing against veno's, but dont act like you dont know your way overpowerd.