How to be successful on the new servers!

Comments

• jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    And it can easily be changed. Why do you insist on ignoring the issue? Do you also insist on ignoring any other sorts of arguments?

If this topic becomes hotly debated enough, and one side is clearly better-argued than the other, there WILL be change. There is no denying that. The amount of effort involved might vary from issue to issue, but at some point, ALL issues reach a breaking point where they simply can't be ignored, which is just what you want everyone to do for this one.

Hey everyone, there's no problem! Stop thinking! Thought is stupid! Be a sheep!

I don't know about you, but I am enjoying playing with my girlfriend. She has never enjoyed playing these games. Yet she took a liking to her veno. She enjoys her pet, and she enjoys the fashions in PWI. Since then she has actually managed to have her friends join and they are enjoying their venomancers as well. They all actually plays more than I do since I am at work most of the time. I can say with a measure of certainty, that had it not been for the venomancer class, they would not be playing this game.

IMHO, its a valid point. I don't suppose you care about having "actual" females playing these games. You probably don't even have a girlfriend to play these games with.

I do.

So in that regard, perhaps we differ.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    Powermind - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    And do you understand how GIGANTIC the advantage is to be able to solo like that?

Okay, here's the solution: You, myself, and everybody else in this thread needs to come up with GIGANTIC advantages which are unique to the other classes. I doubt that the advantages for other classes will be anywhere near as significant as the ones given to venomancers. Prove me wrong.

Mages have a skill that lets them comit suiside, when they see and red Pheonix, they dont get to kill us and no joke its called ember storm.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The trick I've discovered, is to find those venos with a herc, and have them help you. Take advantage of us. Have us tank your bosses have us tank TT so you can get mats. Since we have the power you may as well take advantage of it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know about you, but I am enjoying playing with my girlfriend. She has never enjoyed playing these games. Yet she took a liking to her veno. She enjoys her pet, and she enjoys the fashions in PWI. Since then she has actually managed to have her friends join and they are enjoying their venomancers as well. They all actually plays more than I do since I am at work most of the time. I can say with a measure of certainty, that had it not been for the venomancer class, they would not be playing this game.

IMHO, its a valid point. I don't suppose you care about having "actual" females playing these games.

I do.

So in that regard, perhaps we differ.

Obviously all venos are not going to do the same thing. Some probably dont even know about all the ways to make money. Others probably don't even do it. The thing is, they are given the ability to do those things, and because of that, many, many exploit it.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Your right, I am. One of the meanest *******s you'll ever meet. So mean God trembles before my wrath. Ever thought that your just a brainless **** with nothing worth contributing to an discussion with? Naw that would be too easy.

~S

A long period of non-posting would be most welcome on your part.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    The trick I've discovered, is to find those venos with a herc, and have them help you. Take advantage of us. Have us tank your bosses have us tank TT so you can get mats. Since we have the power you may as well take advantage of it.

As was mentioned, venos are soloers. Which veno is going to tank for someone else? I doubt there are many venos that generous. The veno got the herc so she/he could do it by themselves.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    As was mentioned, venos are soloers. Which veno is going to tank for someone else? I doubt there are many venos that generous. The veno got the herc so she/he could do it by themselves.

I'm a veno that would tank for someone else. I do it all the time. I tank others bosses, I have actually done TT runs where I got nothing from them and the people I took with me got every single drop because they needed them for their armor or weapons. I've been the only tank in guilds and they use me as such. I have no problem with it.b:victory
    Main characters
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A long period of non-posting would be most welcome on your part.
    Swallowing the barrel of a loaded shotgun and pulling the trigger would be the right thing for you to do.

Now that we have the insults aside. You want to try to contribute positively to this discussion, or would you like to continue being an A-Hole like me? I'm always willing to DISCUSS anything, even so much as moderating my more normal responses to continue an INTELLIGENT discussion.

Are you?

~S
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    Obviously all venos are not going to do the same thing. Some probably dont even know about all the ways to make money. Others probably don't even do it. The thing is, they are given the ability to do those things, and because of that, many, many exploit it.

I don't mind that exchange. I am willing to put up with that if it will bring more female gamers on board. I would even venture to say, that PWI has a higher percentage of female gamers than most other MMORPG's because of the venomancer class.

Really, it's not that serious dude.

Every single one of these "venos are OP" threads are hundreds of posts long.

Don't you veno haters ever stop whining?

Give it a break already.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    I'm a veno that would tank for someone else. I do it all the time. I tank others bosses, I have actually done TT runs where I got nothing from them and the people I took with me got every single drop because they needed them for their armor or weapons. I've been the only tank in guilds and they use me as such. I have no problem with it.b:victory

Well then I gotta say you're pretty generous. What about all the other venos who solo TT to make an infinite amount of profit? The only way to prevent those is to simply make venos unable to have that much power.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    As much as I hate squading, I am always willing to help where I can. Ask around Sanctuary... There will be a LOT of people who have had my help with bosses and fb runs and I never ask anything in return.

~S
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Well then I gotta say you're pretty generous. What about all the other venos who solo TT to make an infinite amount of profit? The only way to prevent those is to simply make venos unable to have that much power.

Yeah that's the problem. There are always that greedy few that ruin the game for everyone.
    Main characters
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    I don't mind that exchange. I am willing to put up with that if it will bring more female gamers on board. I would even venture to say, that PWI has a higher percentage of female gamers than most other MMORPG's because of the venomancer class.

Really, it's not that serious dude.

Give this "venos are op" bs a break already.

So you're willing to leave them overpowered to bring more female gamers. Am I getting this right? How is that even close to being a reason?
    Don't even suggest that there are more females on PWI because of venos. Get some statistics. Most of the venos I've met are guys in real life.
    If it's not so serious, why are there so many topics about it?
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Yeah that's the problem. There are always that greedy few that ruin the game for everyone.

Greedy few? I think "few" is an incorrect term. Plus, why are venos allowed to farm TT mats at their leisure while everyone else has to wait, as well as use up more resources? I haven't even addressed the tank veno build...but that's not covered in the topic.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    As much as I hate squading, I am always willing to help where I can. Ask around Sanctuary... There will be a LOT of people who have had my help with bosses and fb runs and I never ask anything in return.

~S

Again, you're including "fb runs." That in itself invalidates your point, as high lvls nearly wh-ore themselves to go on fb runs for exp.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Swallowing the barrel of a loaded shotgun and pulling the trigger would be the right thing for you to do.

Now that we have the insults aside. You want to try to contribute positively to this discussion, or would you like to continue being an A-Hole like me? I'm always willing to DISCUSS anything, even so much as moderating my more normal responses to continue an INTELLIGENT discussion.

Are you?

~S

Maybe you should take your own advise, you only seem willing to DISCUSS how venos are ment to be overpowerd and the rest of us suffer.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Maybe you should take your own advise.

Let's stop with the impersonating, it only creates more chaos and pointless flaming.
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PLEASE READ: Take a look at the thread I just started. It will provide a more constructive way to argue this. Argue in there so we can conclude that one side is wrong and the other is right.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I see lots of QQ about venos farming mats and selling them. Well guess what.. people BUY them, and without venos there probably wouldnt be nearly as many of those mats for sale, and the prices would be even more rediculous(food for thought).

Not all venos are solo-whores, though with people like you who can blame the ones who are. You could just as easily friend the veno and have them help you with your gears, instead of acting like asses to every veno in sight.

Sidenote: I call BS on a level 70 tanking guargantuakong, Herc would get 1shot by the spike at that level.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Realistically. Veno's are what they are. The game has been out long enough in all it's incarnations that if the Dev's wanted to change them, they would have. They haven't therefore getting mad about it really doesn't do you or anyone else any good.

I play all the classes. I admit to not having any others as high up as my Veno, but that is more because I love pet classes over all other classes than anything else.

Funny thing though. EVERY game I have EVER played that had a pet class, there has ALWAYS been people screaming that they are over powered because they can do this or that better than other classes.

The documentation for PW states clearly, Veno's are the best soloing class in the game. That 'should' be a clue that they were designed to have just those very strengths everyone is so mad about.

I doubt that will ever change and I doubt just as much that people getting upset about it will ever change. Human Nature. They have something I don't... KILL THEM!

We are all still animals at heart, and that heart is evil to it's darkest depths.

~Saitada
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Again, you're including "fb runs." That in itself invalidates your point, as high lvls nearly wh-ore themselves to go on fb runs for exp.
    I don't. I'd rather NOT do an FB run to be honest, but do to be helpful where I can. The truth is, I would prefer to solo grind before doing an FB run. But that is just me and your right, many many high levels WC spam *blah blah squad doing your blah blah*. Key in that statement though is that MANY high levels (not just veno's mind you) do it.

~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    I see lots of QQ about venos farming mats and selling them. Well guess what.. people BUY them, and without venos there probably wouldnt be nearly any of those mats for sale, and the prices would be even more rediculous(food for thought).

Not all venos are solo-whores, though with people like you who can blame the ones who are. You could just as easily friend the veno and have them help you with your gears, instead of acting like asses to every veno in sight.

Sidenote: I call BS on a level 70 tanking guargantuakong, Herc would get 1shot by the spike at that level.

If there weren't veno who could do that, people would go on runs, like they're supposed to. TT equips aren't supposed to be easy to get. Instead, now venos are getting filthy rich off of that.
    Per se your suggestion, should venos become the new barbs?
    Okay, it was a 7x veno. It's not like those extra mag points make a terrible amount of difference.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    I don't. I'd rather NOT do an FB run to be honest, but do to be helpful where I can. The truth is, I would prefer to solo grind before doing an FB run. But that is just me and your right, many many high levels WC spam *blah blah squad doing your blah blah*. Key in that statement though is that MANY high levels (not just veno's mind you) do it.

~S

Why are we talking about squadded fbs in the first place? I thought the topic was soloing TT and other things.
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    So you're willing to leave them overpowered to bring more female gamers. Am I getting this right? How is that even close to being a reason?

Duh, let's see ... if given the choice, who would I prefer to play with ... girls, or boys?

S***t...such a hard choice!
    Don't even suggest that there are more females on PWI because of venos. Get some statistics. Most of the venos I've met are guys in real life.

And many aren't.

But you are making my point...

Why is this when venomancers are a female only class?

Again, I am convinced that many of you males would dress in drag to get into a "Ladies Night" event, to get in free and for the free complimentary drink, if you thought you could get away with it.

In other words, blame your fellow male counterparts, not the class.
    If it's not so serious, why are there so many topics about it?

Let me guess ... because of whiners like you?
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Realistically. Veno's are what they are. The game has been out long enough in all it's incarnations that if the Dev's wanted to change them, they would have. They haven't therefore getting mad about it really doesn't do you or anyone else any good.

I play all the classes. I admit to not having any others as high up as my Veno, but that is more because I love pet classes over all other classes than anything else.

Funny thing though. EVERY game I have EVER played that had a pet class, there has ALWAYS been people screaming that they are over powered because they can do this or that better than other classes.

The documentation for PW states clearly, Veno's are the best soloing class in the game. That 'should' be a clue that they were designed to have just those very strengths everyone is so mad about.

I doubt that will ever change and I doubt just as much that people getting upset about it will ever change. Human Nature. They have something I don't... KILL THEM!

We are all still animals at heart, and that heart is evil to it's darkest depths.

~Saitada

If venos are given the ability to solo nearly everything in the game, does that not make other classes at a disadvantage? I've heard this game is squad-based. Venos already have their roles in squads: luring. As I said before, venos are meant to solo, but to such an extent is ridiculous.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Maybe you should take your own advise, you only seem willing to DISCUSS how venos are ment to be overpowerd and the rest of us suffer.
    So you admit to being unable to be an adult and discuss things rationally. Fine. Then let me say this to you. I've seen more intelligent conversations coming out of the mouths of 1 month old's, than I have yet to see come out of you.

When your ability to reason exceeds that of it's current level, you might have earned the right to talk about things with adults, until then, be quiet child, adults are talking here.

~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Jalen, you do realize you're basing your argument off the fact that you'd prefer to be around rl girls than guys. I'm tempted to laugh if you're trying to support that.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Okay, it was a 7x veno. It's not like those extra mag points make a terrible amount of difference.
    They do. At 73 venos get a new pet heal lvl and their pet heal is based off their magic attack, which is based off their magic and their weapon. You would be surprised at how much a difference that makes.

~S
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    1 higher level of pet heal makes a massive difference indeed. Must be why we can only upgrade it every 10 levels, reaching max at level 93.
    Main characters
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    Jalen, you do realize you're basing your argument off the fact that you'd prefer to be around rl girls than guys. I'm tempted to laugh if you're trying to support that.

I am basing my argument on the fact that if an MMORPG is finally making an effort to get rl girls involved in the genre, then I am all for it.

And I am willing to bet that many other males with wives and girlfriends, would undoubtedly agree.