How to be successful on the new servers!

Comments

• Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lets see, how about you backup your claims with the current servers?

Is venos the only rich ppl, I think not.
    Is venos the higest lvls, certainly not if you look at the stats on webpage.

Your post should have looked like this:

#1. Spend around 500$ on ZEN
    #2. make a BM
    #3. level to 60 by aoe'ing groups of mobs.. sell all the DQ items you get and spend some time making apo items so your charm lasts longer.
    #4. buy TT mats off venos for next to nothing(because the market will saturate in less than a week)
    #5. continue onwards with this trend until you are the higest player on server and use some of the leftover zen to make some nice +8 gear.
    #6. rule the universe.

At least my version makes more sense =P
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lets see, how about you backup your claims with the current servers?

Is venos the only rich ppl, I think not.
    Is venos the higest lvls, certainly not if you look at the stats on webpage.

Your post should have looked like this:

#1. Spend around 500$ on ZEN
    #2. make a BM
    #3. level to 60 by aoe'ing groups of mobs.. sell all the DQ items you get and spend some time making apo items so your charm lasts longer.
    #4. buy TT mats off venos for next to nothing(because the market will saturate in less than a week)
    #5. continue onwards with this trend until you are the higest player on server and use some of the leftover zen to make some nice +8 gear.
    #6. rule the universe.

At least my version makes more sense =P
    Indeed......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This thread is full of win

Everything said in the original post is true, and Saitada has to be the worst veno in PW history... HP charms I can see you using for safety, but MP charms? b:laugh

I dont know what to say really, its just fail

IMO the reason Venos have such a huge economic advantage is not the fact they can solo TT but the fact they dont use charms... As example, when I was lvling my cleric she spend about 1 gold mp charm every 6 hours or so grinding, thats 400K that gets cut off from the profit of DQ drops, usually more than half... As a veno, theres no such cut and you receive full profit, which ads up alot faster

Also gotta laugh at people who say we are "jealous" towards venos, lmao, you can just go and make one, which is what the original post suggests, what is there to be jealous of? Its a FACT, if you want to be successful on the new servers (and assuming you dont spend real life money), you HAVE to make a veno, and THEN make your main, which is actually what I did when I started on HT
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    4 runs with no drops? I'd say on average that doesn't happen often.
    Squad runs always get 5 mats. But there's 6 people.
    It happens frequently. I do 10 run series when I do TT and I average 3 green drops per 10 runs. THREE. The only thing that makes TT solo runs good for is making your own weapons cause you sure as hell don't make good coin from it.

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    This thread is full of win

Everything said in the original post is true, and Saitada has to be the worst veno in PW history... HP charms I can see you using for safety, but MP charms? b:laugh

I dont know what to say really, its just fail

IMO the reason Venos have such a huge economic advantage is not the fact they can solo TT but the fact they dont use charms... As example, when I was lvling my cleric she spend about 1 gold mp charm every 6 hours or so grinding, thats 400K that gets cut off from the profit of DQ drops, usually more than half... As a veno, theres no such cut and you receive full profit, which ads up alot faster

Also gotta laugh at people who say we are "jealous" towards venos, lmao, you can just go and make one, which is what the original post suggests, what is there to be jealous of? Its a FACT, if you want to be successful on the new servers (and assuming you dont spend real life money), you HAVE to make a veno, and THEN make your main, which is actually what I did when I started on HT

MP charms because I burn through them. I.E. I cast a LOT, nearly constantly when i'm fighting. So whats so weird about that? What? you just let your pet kill everything and you do ****? THAT is lame. WORK. Your the worst Veno ever if you DON'T fight hand in hand with your pet.

So. Fail Argument, and even worse fail supposition. Try again but this time, use your head instead of your ****.

~Saitada
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think the best advice I can give to be happy and successful on one of these new servers is to roll a toon you have been in envy of till now that you currently do not play. Have fun. And don't read these forums anymore, so you don't have any trolls to pee in your cornflakes every time you come to the forums. And you have to read their endless rants about how they want to ruin your class with nerfs.

Word. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Saitada,sweety...while I'd really enjoy seeing you in Pk mode on our server once and kick your fluflly veno a$$ because I just can't stand stupid ppl ,I'll just be telling you how I waste charms.
    Now if you ask around sanctuary allot may know I'm 1 of the very few mages that actually pk on our server(tho I stopped atm cuz just waiting for new server) and my charm waste is this:including a big TW(s) and a medium-hardcore pk week charm wastes are 2 gold hp per week and mby 1 silver mp per weekend tws wich our guild(legendary) supplies them anyway so it's free.I never use mp charms,ever and I don't use that many pots,I just farm mats when my mana is out till it regenerates ... I don't zhen at all but that's just me ,allot usually do,but hey....mages/clerics/archers need to use a high mana costing aoe. Now I dunno if you pk or not but let me tell you how many charms I waste if I don't pk,nor' have a good tw or any at all for a week:50% of a gold hp charm,that last's me for a week so 1 gold hp charm for 2 weeks like this,and yes I kite mobs; now as for the mp part,I spend pots per week say..like 60%-70% price of a gold mp price tho I sometimes just meditate and waste like no pots at all and remember that I spend more mana per mob than you because I don't have a pet to assist with extra dmg and I don't have the skills that venos have to replenish they'r mana.
    Honestly when I told the venos of legendary about your "gold charms 2 hp ,3 mp waste" per week they all laughed.
    Also for ppl who say this"I don't do tt runs,,I don't do this and that etc etc" stop saying this ,,,honestly stop it ,it's worthless,your choice of not doing it is your own and I honestly find it stupid not to,you are not the only venos out there so stop saying stuff like"I don't do that cuz I don't want to but yet I still have the possibility to do it".I'd like for you to come have an open talk with most of the venos in our guild wich are lower ,your lvl and allot higher than you which naturally have more experience and let them tell you how easy and fast they make money,if you can't or don't wanna do what they do,yes I believe you are an epic-failed veno.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Saitada,sweety...while I'd really enjoy seeing you in Pk mode on our server once and kick your fluflly veno a$$
    You RAN from me Ayano. Remember that? No? Funny, I'd just come out of SP and you started nuking me the second I stepped out. You tore off and begged me to despawn my Nix when I pulled my nix out and attacked you with it. Or did you forget that? And if you want PVP dear, Give me a few more weeks max to finish off getting all my LA gear and I'm switching to full time PK mode. You'll have your chance then. Just remember this. I fight in 3D, so forget finding me in SP. And Yes. My Nix has Bleed. Rarely use it. Not even in PVP. Btw dear again, remember surviving bleed from my nix when you swooped on me? Only reason I used bleed was because of that swoop.. fair tactics. and was fun. I look foreward to fighting you again.

As for my Charm useage. I use them. Don't particularly give three shyts if nobody believes it. I know what I use, and how often I do it. How often I die and what my repair bills are. If you haven't seen me level grinding, you can't say a thing about my charm use. BTW, I usually sell potions, unless i'm hard grinding, then I use them to try and not tick my charms. But.. I still tick them, a LOT. I'm an active fighter. if your veno friends are saying they don't use a lot of charms then they are just passive fighters. barely nuking but once in a while, and letting their pet do all the work. Tell them to start hard nuking, and fighting like they are burning an Esoterica, every time they grind. w/o actually using esotericas. They will start burning charms like I do. Otherwise, no, their passive players. Nuke once let pet kill. maybe nuke twice.

Don't give a damn what you or anyone from legendary thinks about what I make. I KNOW what I make. I KNOW whats worth my time and whats not, and I KNOW how I play my character.

If I am after money, I know where to grind out DQ's. 100k an hour average. I don't bother cat shopping them because I can't be assed to take the time to set that up. Yeah I could make a lot more if I cat shopped. Not worth the effort to me. Therefore i'm not as "rich" as I could be. Yes if I wanted to focus on coin, I could be a lot richer than I am. But *gasps* the game isn't about coin.. it's about having FUN.

~S
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You RAN from me Ayano. Remember that? No? Funny, I'd just come out of SP and you started nuking me the second I stepped out. You tore off and begged me to despawn my Nix when I pulled my nix out and attacked you with it. Or did you forget that?
    ~S

Epic burn!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    MP charms because I burn through them. I.E. I cast a LOT, nearly constantly when i'm fighting. So whats so weird about that? What? you just let your pet kill everything and you do ****? THAT is lame. WORK. Your the worst Veno ever if you DON'T fight hand in hand with your pet.

So. Fail Argument, and even worse fail supposition. Try again but this time, use your head instead of your ****.

~Saitada

Looks like you really fail at playing venos... Ever heard of the skill that swaps mp for hp? Venos can grind for hours without using a charm be it hp or mp

I find it disturbing I have to teach a lvl 70 veno how to play but here it is:

Cast until mp is low > cast natures grace for 50% mana recovery > cast mp/hp switch > cast metabolic boost for 50% hp recovery

You now have full hp and mp without wasting a single pot or charms, gg

With this newly acquired knowledge you can now understand why venos are such easy money makers, because playing for them is FREE, there is only profit

I played each character to 60+ so I can back this up with experience too b:cute

Ill be waiting for the next comeback, be sure to entertain me
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Looks like you really fail at playing venos... Ever heard of the skill that swaps mp for hp? Venos can grind for hours without using a charm be it hp or mp

I find it disturbing I have to teach a lvl 70 veno how to play but here it is:

Cast until mp is low > cast natures grace for 50% mana recovery > cast mp/hp switch > cast metabolic boost for 50% hp recovery

You now have full hp and mp without wasting a single pot or charms, gg

With this newly acquired knowledge you can now understand why venos are such easy money makers, because playing for them is FREE, there is only profit

I played each character to 60+ so I can back this up with experience too b:cute

Ill be waiting for the next comeback, be sure to entertain me
    I admit to not doing that. Thanks for the info to be honest, never bothered to take the time to figure that bit out. Just slammed my way through the mobs.

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Hard Facts. Can't be Disputed as I pulled them straight from PWI's own ranking system.

Lost City Level Rankings:

Archer:20
    Cleric:5
    Wizard:6
    Venomancer:9
    Blademaster:5
    Barbarian:5

Heaven's Tear Level Rankings:

Archer:13
    Cleric:9
    Wizard:7
    Venomancer:9
    Blademaster:3
    Barbarian:9

Sanctuary Level Rankings:

Archer: 11
    Cleric: 9
    Wizard: 6
    Venomancer: 14
    Blademaster: 7
    Barbarian: 3

Lost City PVP Rankings:

Archer:22
    Cleric:2
    Wizard:7
    Venomancer:7
    Blademaster:5
    Barbarian:7

Heaven's Tear PVP Rankings:

Archer:16
    Cleric:8
    Wizard:8
    Venomancer:7
    Blademaster:8
    Barbarian:3

Sanctuary PVP Rankings:

Archer:20
    Cleric:5
    Wizard:9
    Venomancer:10
    Blademaster:4
    Barbarian:2

CROSS SERVER LEVEL RANKINGS BY CLASS (all three servers combined):

Archer:44
    Venomancer:32
    Cleric:23
    Wizard:19
    Barbarian:17
    Blademaster:15

CROSS SERVER PVP RANKINGS BY CLASS (all three servers combined):

Archer:58
    Wizard:24
    Venomancer:24
    Blademaster:17
    Cleric:15
    Barbarian:12

If we were so overpowered. There would be far more of us there than you see. You can't argue facts. We rank at best, SECOND with archers ranking first when all servers are taken into consideration.

COMBINE both LEVEL and PVP rankings and this is what you get:

Archer:102
    Venomancer:56
    Wizard:43
    Cleric:38
    Blademaster:32
    Barbarian:29

Veno's ranking a distant second. So much for our overpowered class.

~S
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Saitada didnt need to come in flaming like that. I thought this thread was funny tbh lol.
    Certainly didnt need to start talking smack at first site. pft
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    MP charms because I burn through them. I.E. I cast a LOT, nearly constantly when i'm fighting.

You chose to waste mp charms. Others classes are forced to use skills, to not get hits(hp usage, repair bill)
    So whats so weird about that? What? you just let your pet kill everything and you do ****? THAT is lame.

How is that lame? You can save loads of money like that. Why saving money is lame? I would say wasting it like you do is just dumb.
    WORK. Your the worst Veno ever if you DON'T fight hand in hand with your pet.

~Saitada

Now explain why someone is worst because don't attack with pet? I love mediate on ground while my pet tanking, all i need to do is pick drops and heal pet when it needs some hp. So i am worst because i don't run after pet or because i know how to NOT waste money on needless things?

Oh and i trashed my veno because it was boring. Sleeping on ground without gears and weapons was actually more fun than look at that ugly scarab skill over and over again. Yes, i played often my veno without gears and weapons, because there was no need for them, i barely got attacked and if did then i sent pet to agro that monster and drank potion. I even made another veno and left all hers skills to level one except pet healing. Mp bar didn't moved at all when i used boring scarab skill, but i saved tons of more money.
    Is there any other class, that barely get hits like veno? Is there any other class, that can grind without charms/gears/weapon? Is there any class that is not forced to spend money on skills/new gears and weapons? Is there any other class that have so small repair bills? No, there isn't and i can't call venos as solo class, but overpowered money farmers.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    saleniece wrote: »
    You chose to waste mp charms. Others classes are forced to use skills, to not get hits(hp usage, repair bill)

How is that lame? You can save loads of money like that. Why saving money is lame? I would say wasting it like you do is just dumb.

Now explain why someone is worst because don't attack with pet? I love mediate on ground while my pet tanking, all i need to do is pick drops and heal pet when it needs some hp. So i am worst because i don't run after pet or because i know how to NOT waste money on needless things?

Oh and i trashed my veno because it was boring. Sleeping on ground without gears and weapons was actually more fun than look at that ugly scarab skill over and over again. Yes, i played often my veno without gears and weapons, because there was no need for them, i barely got attacked and if did then i sent pet to agro that monster and drank potion. I even made another veno and left all hers skills to level one except pet healing. Mp bar didn't moved at all when i used boring scarab skill, but i saved tons of more money.
    Is there any other class, that barely get hits like veno? Is there any other class, that can grind without charms/gears/weapon? Is there any class that is not forced to spend money on skills/new gears and weapons? Is there any other class that have so small repair bills? No, there isn't and i can't call venos as solo class, but overpowered money farmers.

Try playing a veno like that at my level and see how far you get. Heck, you would never get anywhere near my level.

I never had any money problems on any other class. Actually my other characters got so much money I took it all for my veno because she made less than the rest of the classes!
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Rourou - Lost City
    Rourou - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sad but true.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Looks like you really fail at playing foxes. What good is hp/mp swap when you trade 5000 hp for 5000 mp? Oh right... hp is more coin per point than mp...
    In other words, hp/mp exhange is only a good deal when you are a oneshot NOOB with 1500 hp and 5000 mp...

I only use the swap skill for converting mp to HP, but it only works when using an MP heiro... oh wait most foxes are too stupid to do that
    Try playing a veno like that at my level and see how far you get. Heck, you would never get anywhere near my level.

I never had any money problems on any other class. Actually my other characters got so much money I took it all for my veno because she made less than the rest of the classes!

Shut up, you're missing your tea party with Richard Simmons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Looks like you really fail at playing foxes. What good is hp/mp swap when you trade 5000 hp for 5000 mp? Oh right... hp is more coin per point than mp...
    In other words, hp/mp exhange is only a good deal when you are a oneshot NOOB with 1500 hp and 5000 mp...

I only use the swap skill for converting mp to HP, but it only works when using an MP heiro... oh wait most foxes are too stupid to do that

Shut up, you're missing your tea party with Richard Simmons.

Clearly, it seems the proclaimed "difficulty" some have in playing venos doesn't apply to others (venos).
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Well, if you are a veno with exactly equal amounts of hp/mp then you can switch mp for hp, like you do, and the skill is still good. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Instead of restoring MP for cheaper, you restore HP for cheaper. It still works ><.

And besides, let's take a hypothetical example with made up numbers. You have 5000000/5000000 HP and 0/5000000 MP.
    Using a charm, you'd blow it in one hit.
    Or, you can recover MP, swap, then recover HP.
    You are now on full HP and MP.

Can you think of how that ability might be useful? Just possibly?

And have you really had equal amounts of HP and MP the entirety of the time you've been levelling? I find it hard to believe that you're pumping that little int and that much con, with all those HP shards, right from level 1.
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Directed at Saitada, Venomancers have the easy leveling until 60. 60+, other classes have the advantage, because they can zhen, whereas a venomancer cannot. However, you don't need to be 75+ or whatever to solo TT as a veno.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Directed at Saitada, Venomancers have the easy leveling until 60. 60+, other classes have the advantage, because they can zhen, whereas a venomancer cannot. However, you don't need to be 75+ or whatever to solo TT as a veno.

For one, how many zhen parties do you actually see? Does that even come close to covering the number of people 6x or higher that can zhen on the server?
    That being said, with your only reason being that others have the advantage due to zhen, then the others who don't zhen are simply behind venos in terms of grinding and leveling. While archers may contend that statement, the whole money-spent-for-leveling factor comes yet again into play...
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Read the other venos responses to my posts....they said new pet heal at lvl 73 makes a world of difference, and I conceded that point. Did you also see the "herc" in my sentence?

Did you also see the "any pet" in my sentence?

I did not exclude the herc at all - I have a herc, and I use him to his fullest capacity.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    saleniece wrote: »
    stuff you wrote.
    As money isn't an issue with me (I have plenty, and buy plenty of gold) if I burn charms like crazy, that is really nobodies business, and fits with my fighting style, which is nuke em till they glow and **** the deaths.

YOU don't buy my gold, I do. So how I 'waste' it again, is none of your damned concern. I waste money by buying stuff in the cash shop and giving it away as well. Gonna tell me that is 'dumb' as well? I can AFFORD to waste money. I make enough of it.

That aside, I seriously doubt you ever leveled a Veno past a few levels or you'd know you were a dead veno in short order doing that, so the rest of what you say.. is simply bullshyt and you know it.

Idiots and morons. I swear, PWI forums REALLY makes me wish Post-Partum Abortion were legal!!!

~Saitada
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Saitada, I'm afraid your replies are so emotionally filled with anger and hatred that the point you're attempting to prove gets lost. People notice more how angry you are. Did I also mention how people usually don't like reading them either?
  • chipsing1234
    edited March 2009
    Oh venos who love to point to the rankings, I wonder why 13 out of the top 19 in Harshlands are currently venos, and 9 out of the top 16 in Dreamweaver are too? And how venos are at least the top 4 of each? There must be a reason why so many re-rolled as one...hmm, what can it be? You who love to use rankings, here is your proof.
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    omg.. not this thread again...
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh venos who love to point to the rankings, I wonder why 13 out of the top 19 in Harshlands are currently venos, and 9 out of the top 16 in Dreamweaver are too? And how venos are at least the top 4 of each? There must be a reason why so many re-rolled as one...hmm, what can it be? You who love to use rankings, here is your proof.

Coz venos r fastest till 6x.
    You'll see a change in rankings after that, notice how in LC ranks archers r more.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Seriously.. the server hasnt even been up a full day yet, the rankings arent even well established yet, your grasping in desperation, give it a little time.

Also, you said everyone should start a veno first to save up for coins, and now you are complaining when people took your advice? It'll balance out with time.
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Your hatred for venos is getting quite annoying dude.

Do us all a favor and let it go will ya?
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Logic > meet Reason. I'm saying your argument is nothing more than one more whine about Veno's being overpowered and rich. I'm lvl 70.. wanna know something.. I'm FAR from rich in this game. FAR FAR from rich. I rarely have more than 200k and more often than not have less than 100k.

Now.. if I did what you said, i'd likely even be more broke. You forget two things. One. Solo mode TT drops are ****. I spend MORE MONEY and time getting the matts for the ultimate subs, than I make off the runs. That is why I stopped doing the runs. Not financially worth the time.

~Saitada

Then go soloeing TT squad mode... No need for subs + better drops. And no, you don't need to kill all the bossess, if you don't want to or you can't.