How to be successful on the new servers!

Options

Comments

• jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm afraid this post was so off-topic and fallacious that I wont bother responding to it.

Of course you wont.

You pitiful excuse for a male.
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Correction to make here. Veno + Herc does not equal killing monsters 10 levels past you. It equals killing monsters 30 levels past you. lol

Like Saitada, I started a veno so I could solo. Simple as that. I hate being dependent on other classes it means I can level when I want to.

Anyone can level when they want to. Squads are not necessary. But: 1. Venos level faster as they don't require pots: not hp since their pet tanks, little to no mp since they don't have to cast as many spells.
    Next, my main point was their money making. That part is imbalanced. Soloing TT? It gives you power no other class can access so easily.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Of course you wont.

You pitiful excuse for a male.

Please attack the argument and not the person. It doesn't get you anywhere, and makes you seem like a flamer. I wont go into insults.
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So why don't you testosterone filled, macho males, who want to prove how big and bad you are, especially these big PvP hombres, simply roll one of the other supposed "harder" male classes and "own" with them rather than come on the forums whining about "how they are being owned by venos?"

Because venos have it far too easy in some aspects of the game? It's not a simple thing to just be "macho", roll an archer or a wizard, then go off and solo TT, unless you're 30 levels higher than a veno who can do the same thing. Are you suggesting that simply changing one's attitude about the class they are playing will immediately make one's character more powerful?

You didn't provide a clear answer as to why we are wrong in thinking that venos are overpowered.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I can solo TT with my herc. I can do 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1 squad mode. I can't kill every boss but I can get most of them.

I got a herc not to solo TT for money, but to solo TT so I don't have to spend it. I just go in there to get my own darn mats so I don't have to buy them from other players. I do not do things to make money, I do things to avoid needing to even use it. Despite that I'm always broke. lol
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I can solo TT with my herc. I can do 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1 squad mode. I can't kill every boss but I can get most of them.

I got a herc not to solo TT for money, but to solo TT so I don't have to spend it. I just go in there to get my own darn mats so I don't have to buy them from other players. I do not do things to make money, I do things to avoid needing to even use it. Despite that I'm always broke. lol

As said before, all the other classes simply don't have that option available like you do. It's a gigantic, incredibly significant advantage to be able to solo places like TT, places which archers and wizards will probably never even be able to solo.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok I think we have too many threads fighting about venos.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As said before, all the other classes simply don't have that option available like you do. It's a gigantic, incredibly significant advantage to be able to solo places like TT, places which archers and wizards will probably never even be able to solo.

True, but as was stated, venos are supposed to be the solo class. Even though I can do the TT runs, I typically take others with me so they get the mats they need. Saves on barb repair charges and I know they like that.b:chuckle

Yeah I can run TT but I use that to help other players.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Powermind - Lost City
    Powermind - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well this post just sums what i plan to do when the new servers comes out, tho I still dislike how the classes on PWI are still unbalanced it would be stupid not to take advantage of the unbalance in the classes.
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm afraid this post was so off-topic and fallacious that I wont bother responding to it.
    Because venos have it far too easy in some aspects of the game? It's not a simple thing to just be "macho", roll an archer or a wizard, then go off and solo TT, unless you're 30 levels higher than a veno who can do the same thing. Are you suggesting that simply changing one's attitude about the class they are playing will immediately make one's character more powerful?

You didn't provide a clear answer as to why we are wrong in thinking that venos are overpowered.

Did you read my post?

What I am suggesting is that perhaps the venomancer was made for females in an effort to get more females involved. Its no secret that they don't enjoy these fighting games or these types of MMORPG's as much as males. Why not give them a cute, "user friendly," class like the veno in an effort to get them involved?

Everything in life is not fair. It's the same reason why we have "Ladies Nights" in clubs and events accross the nation but rarely see "Gentlemens Nights."

Undoubtedly, many of you so-called men would go to a "Ladies Night" event in drag, just to get in free and get a free drink, if you thought you could get away with it.

Listen, I know you all want to engage in yet "another" veno's are OP thread here. I am merely pointing out a fresh, yet very valid, perspective.

Venomancers may be a female only class for a reason.

So that females could have their own class. Get it? A class intentionally intended for females.

In any event ...

DONT WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THESE "VENOS ARE OP" THREADS ALREADY!

GET OVER IT ALREADY!!

Geesh.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you cant beat em join em b:pleased I just wondering if 70% of the new servers will be veno.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Did you read my post?

What I am suggesting is that perhaps the venomancer was made for females in an effort to get more females involved. Its no secret that they don't enjoy these fighting games or these types of MMORPG's as much as males. Why not give them a cute, "user friendly," class like the veno in an effort to get them involved?

Everything in life is not fair. It's the same reason why we have "Ladies Nights" in clubs and events accross the nation but rarely see "Gentlemens Nights."

Undoubtedly, many of you so-called men would go to a "Ladies Night" event in drag if you thought you could get away with it.

Listen, I know you all want to engage in yet "another" veno's are OP thread here.

DONT WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE THREADS ALREADY!

GET OVER IT ALREADY!!

Geesh.

Yes, I read it and understood it quite clearly, as I have with this one as well. You're skirting the issue and not providing an answer as to why I am wrong. "Everything in life is not fair." Not only is that clearly avoiding the topic at hand, but it's simply wrong as well.
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, I read it and understood it quite clearly, as I have with this one as well. You're skirting the issue and not providing an answer as to why I am wrong. "Everything in life is not fair." Not only is that clearly avoiding the topic at hand, but it's simply wrong as well.

Dude, I can't make it any clearer than I did in that post.

Maybe it's not intended to be fair.

Get it?

It is, what it is.

Accept it.

Get over it!
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Did you read my post?

Undoubtedly, many of you so-called men would go to a "Ladies Night" event in drag, just to get in free and get a free drink, if you thought you could get away with it.

Listen, I know you all want to engage in yet "another" veno's are OP thread here. I am merely pointing out a fresh, yet very valid, perspective.

Venomancers may be a female only class for a reason.

So that females could have their own class. Get it? A class intentionally intended for females.

In any event ...

DONT WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THESE "VENOS ARE OP" THREADS ALREADY!

GET OVER IT ALREADY!!

Geesh.

Why, why do you keep bringing up this tangent about how venos were female-only to draw more girls to the game? Besides having little support, it doesn't address the imbalance issue at all. I could just as easily say venos are female - only because of their very nature: seducers who use the power of nature. Male seducers? It just doesn't go along.
    So you're answer to game imbalances is just to "get over it"? With enough of these, the developers may actually do something in the future...
    besides, I still haven't heard anything from you disproving any points whatsoever.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Because other classes are not DESIGNED (please get this through your head) to SOLO. Venomancer's are. They are DESIGNED to be able to solo their FB's about 10-20 levels AFTER they get them, so if they want to wait, they do not NEED other players.

Veno's are DESIGNED for people who just don't want to be bothered by other people. Like me. Sadly.. people who use them for their own economic gain and to "lord" it over others, give most Veno's a bad name.

I use HP charms and MP charms. A LOT. I go through 5 MP charms a week on average when I am hard grinding, and 2-3 HP ones a week. The guy who said he has never used one has yet to come up against mobs that take a good deal of tanking frequently enough to see the drain on mana, or he plays cautiously and doesn't nuke etc.

I tend to be rather active. I don't sit with my finger on "heal pet" and let my pet do everything. I use my skills constantly. But even where I need to spam heal my pet.. believe me when I say, it burns mana enough to tick my charm every 1-2 minutes or less. Much less if I'm firing ironwood Scarab, Amplify Damage, etc.

Now for all you guys screaming Veno's are rich... again... I am far from rich. VERY far from rich. I pour all my coin into trying to buy spells, Mats etc. I have ONE skill maxxed. Venomous Scarab, NONE of my others are. You also forget we have to pay 200k each time we want to upgrade a pets skill level (thats right.. they don't automatically level with the pet) and if memory serves me right (Veno's correct me if I am wrong) it ALSO costs us SP to level our pets skills up. SP we need for OUR skills as well.

It's not all roses and easy money for Veno's. You guys that have NEVER played the class to any decent level have NO IDEA AT ALL.

BTW.. I died 5 times yesterday in FB69 trying to do my 20/20/20 solo. No cleric to rez me, and no angels to save me the XP loss.

That is the cost of a Veno. I lost more XP than I gained from finishing the quest solo. But my experience with being in squads leaves me preffering the XP loss over being in a squad with a bunch of idiots that don't know how to not agro every damn mob in a room! (I died because of lag... my pet didn't respawn fast enough to prevent my squishy arcane butt from meeting the mobs attacks).

~S
  • jalenstar4ever
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why, why do you keep bringing up this tangent about how venos were female-only to draw more girls to the game? Besides having little support, it doesn't address the imbalance issue at all. I could just as easily say venos are female - only because of their very nature: seducers who use the power of nature. Male seducers? It just doesn't go along.
    So you're answer to game imbalances is just to "get over it"? With enough of these, the developers may actually do something in the future...
    besides, I still haven't heard anything from you disproving any points whatsoever.

You sir, are a whiner extraordinaire.

It is not as imbalanced as you make it out to be.

All classes have advantages and disadvantages.

So what, the venomancers may have more advantages than the others?

Quit whining!

Grow some dam B***s, will ya?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dude, I can't make it any clearer than I did in that post.

Maybe it's not intended to be fair.

Get it?

It is, what it is.

Accept it.

Get over it!

And it can easily be changed. Why do you insist on ignoring the issue? Do you also insist on ignoring any other sorts of arguments?

If this topic becomes hotly debated enough, and one side is clearly better-argued than the other, there WILL be change. There is no denying that. The amount of effort involved might vary from issue to issue, but at some point, ALL issues reach a breaking point where they simply can't be ignored, which is just what you want everyone to do for this one.

Hey everyone, there's no problem! Stop thinking! Thought is stupid! Be a sheep!
  • Powermind - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now for all you guys screaming Veno's are rich... again... I am far from rich. VERY far from rich. I pour all my coin into trying to buy spells, Mats etc. I have ONE skill maxxed. Venomous Scarab, NONE of my others are. You also forget we have to pay 200k each time we want to upgrade a pets skill level (thats right.. they don't automatically level with the pet) and if memory serves me right (Veno's correct me if I am wrong) it ALSO costs us SP to level our pets skills up. SP we need for OUR skills as well.
    ~S

Maybe you should do more HH runs b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Tell me. Do you consider even what you say? Yes elves can fly. Does that do anything else but make traveling a bit easier? No. Who cares. BM AOE grind. What lvl can they do that? Not till lvl 6xes. Maybe 5x after you've learned your next axe AOE. And that's only axes. Did you forget the mp charm + repairs for that? Tank. Veno with herc can solo gargatong. What's your point of bringing that up?
    I'm level 70 and STILL can't solo Gargantakong with maxxed for my level pet heal and a lvl 70 Hercules. Care to try again?

Not to mention I go through 5 MP charms and 2-3 HP charms a week. That is a WEEK. PLUS my (albiet insignificant compared to BM or Barb repairs) 5-10k repair bills after my inventory is full. Consider that.

~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Because other classes are not DESIGNED (please get this through your head) to SOLO. Venomancer's are. They are DESIGNED to be able to solo their FB's about 10-20 levels AFTER they get them, so if they want to wait, they do not NEED other players.

Veno's are DESIGNED for people who just don't want to be bothered by other people. Like me. Sadly.. people who use them for their own economic gain and to "lord" it over others, give most Veno's a bad name.

I use HP charms and MP charms. A LOT. I go through 5 MP charms a week on average when I am hard grinding, and 2-3 HP ones a week. The guy who said he has never used one has yet to come up against mobs that take a good deal of tanking frequently enough to see the drain on mana, or he plays cautiously and doesn't nuke etc.

I tend to be rather active. I don't sit with my finger on "heal pet" and let my pet do everything. I use my skills constantly. But even where I need to spam heal my pet.. believe me when I say, it burns mana enough to tick my charm every 1-2 minutes or less. Much less if I'm firing ironwood Scarab, Amplify Damage, etc.

It's not all roses and easy money for Veno's. You guys that have NEVER played the class to any decent level have NO IDEA AT ALL.

BTW.. I died 5 times yesterday in FB69 trying to do my 20/20/20 solo. No cleric to rez me, and no angels to save me the XP loss.

That is the cost of a Veno. I lost more XP than I gained from finishing the quest solo. But my experience with being in squads leaves me preffering the XP loss over being in a squad with a bunch of idiots that don't know how to not agro every damn mob in a room! (I died because of lag... my pet didn't respawn fast enough to prevent my squishy arcane butt from meeting the mobs attacks).

~S

You use that many charms. A week. Well, you're one of a kind.
    Mind you when you say venos aren't rich. Do you count your equips too? Or only coins? Is it fair that other classes have to do many, many TT squad runs, getting one or two mats from the split each time to get their equips? Or you, who has more chances than not of getting at least one of EACH from each run? Many other classes get impatient and buy the mats. That's the money you save. And that's a lot of money.
    Oh man, you tried to solo 20/20/20 and died? What a freakin tragedy. Sorry for the loss of vocabulary, but no other class could imagine, ever, soloing that. It's like using a gun instead of a bow and complaining how the sound hurts your ears.
    Also. You're lvl 7x, no? Who runs out of spirit at that lvl? No one. Simply no one. Saying pets use up spirit is not a factor.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm level 70 and STILL can't solo Gargantakong with maxxed for my level pet heal and a lvl 70 Hercules. Care to try again?

Have you even considered that some other classes will *NEVER* be able to do this? Your comment only argues against you.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Veno tanked Kong today with a Herc in my guild and a arcane veno can tank manta just fine....just saying :P

And last time i checked i cant solo TT1-1, yet a veno of my level would walk it not to mention TT70 runs. Just making sure the facts stay straight here, no veno hating from me b:victory

I'm 70 and still can't solo tank GargantaKong and I am Arcane build and still can't solo tank mantaVip. What level was the veno? and did she SOLO them. Or did she have help? Nuff said.

~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options

Not to mention I go through 5 MP charms and 2-3 HP charms a week. That is a WEEK. PLUS my (albiet insignificant compared to BM or Barb repairs) 5-10k repair bills after my inventory is full. Consider that.

~S

Well I dont know what to say to that, I don't want to say you're incompetent, but I know venos with herc that could solo it at your level.
    You going through that many charms is your own style. Find another veno who goes through charms like you and I'll eat my shoe.
    Have you factored in the drops you get? Kill mobs faster, get drops faster, get money faster. I've considered it.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have you even considered that some other classes will *NEVER* be able to do this?
    Have you ever considered that those classes are not DESIGNED to do that? Whereas the Veno IS?

~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have you ever considered that those classes are not DESIGNED to do that? Whereas the Veno IS?

~S

Let's get something straight. Venos are a soloing class. That's not what we're debating. Yes they are meant to solo. But to what extent? To allow them to solo nearly anything in the game? Even "?" bosses? Allowing this much soloing ability gives them power (in the form of rare drops, and money from selling those drops, as well as drops for their own equips) that no other class has. That is what is imbalanced.
    edited February 2009
    Options

~S

And do you understand how GIGANTIC the advantage is to be able to solo like that?

Okay, here's the solution: You, myself, and everybody else in this thread needs to come up with GIGANTIC advantages which are unique to the other classes. I doubt that the advantages for other classes will be anywhere near as significant as the ones given to venomancers. Prove me wrong.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

~S

Have you ever considered that your an a-hole :D
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I dont know what to say to that, I don't want to say you're incompetent, but I know venos with herc that could solo it at your level.
    You going through that many charms is your own style. Find another veno who goes through charms like you and I'll eat my shoe.
    Have you factored in the drops you get? Kill mobs faster, get drops faster, get money faster. I've considered it.

I honestly doubt a lvl 70 arcane build veno, and a lvl 70 herc, solo's GargantaKong w/o some seriously expensive gear. Mines slightly above average (maybe) and I can't do it. Maybe if I had some channeling gear.. but when he debuffs and 7/8 of my pets HP go away next swipe, and my heal recovers slightly over half that, and next swipe he's dead before I get that next heal off... no, I ain't buying you've watched a lvl 70 veno and herc solo Kong.

Kill mobs faster. I don't actually. Well, not significantly faster anyway. I'll admit that maybe for every 10 mobs I kill others will kill 8. But you also have to factor in the TYPE of mob as well. A lot of the mobs i'm fighting now, have a higher resist to phys damage thus my nix and herc don't hit as hard.

I'll grant that others, I rip through though.

~S
    edited February 2009
    Options

You're not helping. He wasn't being rude, only responding in the same manner I did.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Your right, I am. One of the meanest *******s you'll ever meet. So mean God trembles before my wrath. Ever thought that your just a brainless **** with nothing worth contributing to an discussion with? Naw that would be too easy.

~S