Emergency maintenance - COMPLETE

Comments

• rubyian
    rubyian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I wasn't even logged in through all this but I really wonder what the game will be like if the offenders do get banned. The way I figure it, most of them were immature idiots who saw shiny coins and jumped on it. If they all get banned, I'm thinking a few clans will be hard hit.

*Starts taking bets on RQs chances next TWb:laugh*
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I assumed everyone would be patient in this game, since to play it, you must be patient. Just go take a walk, go to the gym, read a book, take a nap, I don't know. See you later in game. b:victory
  • ironkitty
    ironkitty Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Seems like alot of people are attacking the viewpoint that exploiting a glitch to intentionally gain an unfair amount of money is wrong. They try to sweep the fact that it is exploitation and cheating under the rug -"Watch this hand, not that one!"- but it is true, nonetheless: It is cheating, is wrong, and should be bannable.

I would even go as far as to imply that those aforementioned, who show blatant disregard for the rules and for the fact that this glitch caused ill-gotten gains, are probably themselves guilty of the exploit.

What's the matter? Don't want to lose the spoils of your crimes? Seems to me that accusing others of selfishness because you want to get away with rulebreaking is, itself, pretty selfish. It's also hypocritical.

There's also the impact on the economy. If enough people have all this money, prices WILL rise. It's already true that only a select few can afford what they want, and now this will widen that gap. To avoid taking back what was wrongly acquired will ensure that no one but cheaters will succeed.

You can be angry with me all day long, but it will not change facts. Fact: Exploiting a glitch IS cheating. That will never change. Until the worlds all burn, it will remain cheating. The sun will go out before this changes. Fact: Allowing cheaters to go unpunished will result in more cheating in the future. Fact: Allowing cheaters to continue doing what they do will ensure that no legitimate player will EVER have a chance for success.

Don't try to tell me that cheating isn't wrong, just because you think I'm selfish for wanting repercussions for rulebreaking. It just doesn't wash.

LOL I love it! Exactly what I was thinking, but I did use real money to buy those fabulous new outfits Im not one to lose real money so this would hurt me with a roleback but something has to be done even if I do lose some cash >_<
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    XChosenx - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i was so close. so close!!!! how can you do this to me?!?!?!?!?!? Turn it on.
  • Maladramatic - Heavens Tear
    Maladramatic - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lmao oh yea lets not forget the epic inflation in rappelz. Bleh patience is a virtue. Fridaythe 13th btw....O.o

No the thing that nerfed the entire game was the realese of epic 5 pet tame rates droped a bishop can tame an angel (WTF to that) and the fact the drop rate got nerfed it made the people that played early have all the cash charge excess prices for them that no player could get to the poor drop rate an that game will forever be nerfed untill atleast epic 12 if it lasts that long but with the ammount of EX rappelz players ive seen on here i highly doubt it will last that long XD
  • XxXDraigoXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXDraigoXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    NOOO LET ME IN!!!!
    The Helmsley's just became available. I been waiting for this day since the dawn of time b:cry
  • Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

thank you for the mass repeats -_-
    your presence is greatly appreceated -_-
  • Maheegan - Lost City
    Maheegan - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Maheeeeeeee b:bye
    lets do fb after this **** up and running

((((( Pepper )))))) Okay... lets do it!
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I assumed everyone would be patient in this game, since to play it, you must be patient. Just go take a walk, got to the gym, read a book, take a nap, I don't know. See you later in game. b:victory

theres the spirit! patienc eis a virtue! lets just hope they can fix it. I guess i should tell the GMs where i hid the Easy button....b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    the game is gonna be down like all day. are you serious who wants to take a 6 hour walk?
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    gonna lose my mind here. lets go. the GM's just dont like us...b:cry
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yo rather sit on your chair six hours waiting for a game to get back up?
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    go pump some iron! build a nice healthy body! like me! xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    nope. rather drink beer. but then i wont be on for my CS so i dont wanna do that.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No the thing that nerfed the entire game was the realese of epic 5 pet tame rates droped a bishop can tame an angel (WTF to that) and the fact the drop rate got nerfed it made the people that played early have all the cash charge excess prices for them that no player could get to the poor drop rate an that game will forever be nerfed untill atleast epic 12 if it lasts that long but with the ammount of EX rappelz players ive seen on here i highly doubt it will last that long XD

Erm, no. The inflation was high in e4 too, like 6 mil for a basic pet card?Not even a pet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    duh we're jealous.. because its UNFAIR.. they get a major advantage over the game if they have that much money, they can pretty much buy wheat they want, and who knows what will happen to the prices of things?? Don't you think being able to buy anything might have an effect on prices just a little bit?

I know what you mean, Bat girl.. sorry, woman. And yes, you're right. But a rollback won't correct that. It'll bring more problems.

You live in a country with a great and stable economy. People getting loads of money cuz they work their butts off. Suddenly, some guys invest money on PWI shares and they get rich, richer than everybody else. And they only invested 10k dollars. Imagine that? Okay. People start saying "it's unfair, it's unfair" so the gov says "okay, we'll do a rollback so we take their money away but ull lose yours too" and people say "why should we lose ours? that's money we made by working, by means of sacrifice". And so they suggest "check on those who made this big money and do something". (This is pure bullsh*t, just a little story xD). So the gov goes and checks on these guys accounts and says "this money is unstabilizing our economy, due to your purchasing everything and then reselling it at higher prices people can't afford living [?]" and they take their money away.. and problem solved [?]

xD

b:laugh
  • d4rklegend
    d4rklegend Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    does anyone know when this is gonna be up again or when it went down? cause i kinda wanna game on a bit lol
  • god1of1war1
    god1of1war1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i love this game and will never quit just hopeing they fix it soon kinda mad me angry when i had to force the game to shut down........anyone no of any other great games like PW?
  • gguugg
    gguugg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ban the people who were bug exploiting and let the rest of us get back to the game
    they know exploiting a bug is a breach of the rules they know what they should get for bug exploiting so just ban and delete their accounts and lets get back to it shall we

Just my opinion
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Erm, no. The inflation was high in e4 too, like 6 mil for a basic pet card?Not even a pet...

lol pets went to 20mil+ except the "gimped" bp which is about 15mil the last time i played. hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yuukina - Sanctuary
    Yuukina - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:cry I wanna hit 60...
  • Maladramatic - Heavens Tear
    Maladramatic - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009

LOL have you logged on recently scheesh E4 was nothing compared to how bad it is now i mean bishop +1 cards now are like 10mil + e4 you could get them 2-3mil per buff card hawks 650mil + lvl 1
  • Nacra - Sanctuary
    Nacra - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would say Rollback won't happen. It will solve some problems, but, as it was told, it will arise even more problems. Ether way there will be complains...

The easiest solution - fix the problem, ban the exploters and let the economy stable down by itself.

In real life there is economic crises and Perfect World isn't different. You can't roll back crisis in real life, so why would you role back them in game? That only makes games more realistic.
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    i didnt play since last night. so do the rollback. and cut the losses. and turn on the game
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i love this game and will never quit just hopeing they fix it soon kinda mad me angry when i had to force the game to shut down........anyone no of any other great games like PW?

PWIb:laugh
  • Suiel - Sanctuary
    Suiel - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    gonna lose my mind here. lets go. the GM's just dont like us...b:cry

*pats* its going to be okay... psst! b:shutup THEY'RE KINDA BUSY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    LOL have you logged on recently scheesh E4 was nothing compared to how bad it is now i mean bishop +1 cards now are like 10mil + e4 you could get them 2-3mil per buff card hawks 650mil + lvl 1

wow are you serious?! i got about 5mil sittin around on it...GMs never responded to people when we had this problem so i cant play anymore. i still have some good cards left lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    i wanna hit 60 too b:cry
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I should probably try Perfect world Europe just for the heck of it as I can speak one of those languages too.b:laugh
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok so it is MORE nerfed now, but it had already gone ****-up in e4 because I played for months and couldn't afford anything.
    I just don't want this to go the same way is all....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
This discussion has been closed.