Emergency maintenance - COMPLETE

Options
aryannamage
aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Due to technical and service issues we have currently shut down game service to conduct emergency maintenance.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope to restore service as soon as possible!

-UPDATE-

We are still in the process of identifying and repairing issues caused by last night's patch. Etherblade Lake is one issue but there are others and they will all be resolved before we restore service again. Stay tuned for further updates.

-UPDATE #2 (6 p.m. Pacific) -

All technical issues have been identified and are currently being fixed as well as tested. All game service will be restored at approximately 1 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 14 (approx. 7 hours from this update). We do apologize for this extended length of service outage but felt it was necessary to extend it somewhat to make sure that all issues caused by last night's patch is fully tested and working properly.

Again, we offer the sincerest of apologies for all of the various inconveniences caused by today's service outage. Please enjoy your weekend and Happy Valentine's Day to all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aryannamage on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    any idea when the servers will be back up?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i suggest putting a link to the tech support GM thread about the maint.. even though it is very lacking in info atm
  • rebbaa
    rebbaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yea it would be nice to be given some kind of time relating to the repairs, like are we talking a few hours or maybe a whole day.....a friend just told me something like this could last 24 hours easy...:S ...anyway i hope u get the servers up and running soon
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dvoraks thread was actually supposed to be here and I wanted to make one in tech support but then his got moved due to a mistake on my part when merging threads. So made one here instead, he was laughing at me! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback 15 hours or your gonna lose ALOT of members..Stop bring greedy for once kty
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mabee..we could do fine with just..5 hours?
  • hpmorg
    hpmorg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so how about a time line or some thing ?
    and in responce to rebba these sort of thngs can last up to alot longer some thing like this happened in lineage 2 took 3 days to sort out
  • Msu - Sanctuary
    Msu - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i do believe this would take you back before tw bids and that would not be good and i just want everything to go back to normal and that no one loses anything b/c i just bought new wingsb:sad
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm afraid a situation of "Oh F*** EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN!!" is too surprising to be predictable, thus we rather cant expect a time line.
    The most we can do is offer community programming help if the crew would turn out so desperate to let us dig in the game code. You can encounter a genius, a saint, or an ****..or just the first and last.
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback 15 hours or your gonna lose ALOT of members..Stop bring greedy for once kty

wow you get the possibility to wait 15 hours and you sound like you're ready to leave the game, THIS is the reason i made that thread a few hours ago.. and you called me a no lifer when i suggested you leave your home to go do something productive during server downtime..? odd, very odd...
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Next maintence: The site. A faster site is needed. :P
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Periph - Heavens Tear
    Periph - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    any info the mods or GMs could give us at to the situation would be much appreciated.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yea why did server shut down , someone told me he was gettin 50k coin drops on mobs and soo... if this is true i would like a lilltle coin too cuz a bunch of CQ were thier coming up on the bugged coins , so i want compansayionb:thanksb:laugh
    seriously b:surrender
  • vergeten84
    vergeten84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wanna playb:cry
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

And i'm pretty sure waiting 15 hours isnt going to CONVINCE anyone but you (hopefully) to leave this game for good..
    but knowing my luck you're just another trash talker who gets picked on in school so you use the anonymity of the internet to push your weight around and you'll login to your toon after the servers are up, have fun waiting, im going to breakfast..
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If they need some chinese devs to work on something, it may take a lot of time. It must be the middle of the night in China right now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    4 am in China
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nexxous
    nexxous Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Perhaps you could create a game of this magnitude that never has any bugs or glitches?
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And i'm pretty sure waiting 15 hours isnt going to CONVINCE anyone but you (hopefully) to leave this game for good..
    but knowing my luck you're just another trash talker who gets picked on in school so you use the anonymity of the internet to push your weight around and you'll login to your toon after the servers are up, have fun waiting, im going to breakfast..

You fail at reading comprehension. Please read what she/he said again.
  • god1of1war1
    god1of1war1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the game froze makeing it so i can move and see people but no one was moveing and i couldent log off i pressed ctrl+alt+delete and forced it to log off then i restarted my computer .when i tryed to log back on it sayed "unable to connect to server" i tryed all the severs and nothing happend i restarted my computer again and did the same thing and still nothing.......so will u please help me i would love to get back online

thank u very much for your time ....have a great day =)
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Servers are down for maintenance. Read the sticky for future reference.
  • bokluk
    bokluk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How do you find this: some ppl in Sanctuary made 300-400millions coins from that glitch (or whatever it was there) in AH with gold for these hours?
    OOOHHHHHH and GM's didnt found nothing wrong in this!!!
    What they gonna with that? Where they was when the whole server speaking about that in WORLD CHAT?
    OOOHHHH forgot GM's dont looking in world chat!!
    Do you think they will lose members with that?
    And how much ppl will say :"i dont like to play that game, when the GM's allowing that to happend"?
    Now what? Let they keep the tons of the coins which they get exploting a bug? How that sound? Like a good advertise fo the game? i dont thinks so...
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    do we have a ball park figure on when the servers will b back up?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Perhaps you could create a game of this magnitude that never has any bugs or glitches?

perhaps..if i had a few years, few dozens of people and another few years for betatests and correctionsb:chuckle oh my, wouldnt you know it..this IS a betatest! going on for a fw months now b:surrender good riddance its not the full version with so many flaws.

But we have to note another thing - the people who run this game are not the ones who made it. They got something premade and got no chance of knowing what evil is hiding inside. We should mentally prepare for more bugs'n'glitches and the poor crew can't stop it 100%
  • bulgaria123
    bulgaria123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To get rollback for that gonna be all so sux for ppl who play alote time game today and lose evrything what make.But all this can be fix whit one so easy update and shut down server for like 3 max 4 hour,but this update is work to GM no my.But only GM cant fix whit updat and make rollback evryone gonna be wait for compensation by lose time.And Wanyudo evryone can make him choice to quit or no you can say him "you cant" b:shutup
  • Lotus - Lost City
    Lotus - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bokluk wrote: »
    How do you find this: some ppl in Sanctuary made 300-400millions coins from that glitch (or whatever it was there) in AH with gold for these hours?
    OOOHHHHHH and GM's didnt found nothing wrong in this!!!
    What they gonna with that? Where they was when the whole server speaking about that in WORLD CHAT?
    OOOHHHH forgot GM's dont looking in world chat!!
    Do you think they will lose members with that?
    And how much ppl will say :"i dont like to play that game, when the GM's allowing that to happend"?
    Now what? Let they keep the tons of the coins which they get exploting a bug? How that sound? Like a good advertise fo the game? i dont thinks so...

Sheesh, games have glitches. This version of the game really isn't very old yet. Their doing emergency maintance obviously because there was a big problem. They'll fix the issue that the glitch caused with ppl gaining unfairly from it if they can but its not like your paying to play. Ever think that even starting an emergency maintance takes some time. They are GMs after all not the programers, give them a break already.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You fail at reading comprehension. Please read what she/he said again.

Lol aww, I was letting him make a fool out of himself b:pleased
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sheesh, games have glitches. This version of the game really isn't very old yet.
    This version maybe, but remember that this game is now what, 4 or 5 years old, and they are using the same game code than they use in China and everywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    people are going to be pissed off reglardess on what the outcome is going to be. But i dont agree with gold house splurges and gets the most outa ppls money. This reminds me of a bank if u deposit 200$ and look on ur statement and shows u deposted 600$ and u keep doing that the bank is gonna find out sooner or later and do something about this.Its like here in a way. Ppl are annoyed as is and its hard to make money anyways in game so i really hope theres gonna be a role back because it make things go back to normal prices and everything. Maybe this role back if happens will calm ppl down and be less worried. I understand some items may be lost buy no biggie just save up and re buy it
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I zhenned for 3 hours today and completed a few quests, and...

I won't be the slightest bit upset about a roll back. I had fun, I get to keep that. The game was broken and needs to be fixed.. sh*t happens, life happens, it's no big deal.

I just got notified that all first and second year teachers in my area will not be rehired next year because of the economy... all of them.. hundreds, not just me. There are issues in life that are worth worrying about.. a few hours in a game are not.. at least not for me.

For those to whom the game means more, and I mean that with no mocking, I'm sorry if the rollback harms you in any way.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.