Emergency maintenance - COMPLETE

Comments

• Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It will all depend on how much effort the GM's or other 'powers that be' want to put into it. I am sure a rollback, claim ticket, individual investigation of gold purchases, etc, can put it right. I am sure it would require some manpower resources... and likely a wait for your Gold to be refunded.... with due diligence paid to those who used rl cash/credit cards to make the purchase.

and its not the jealousy that impacts the game, It doesnt matter much if someone has a glowey toy and others do not, it's the fact, as mentioned numerous times, that the economy could suffer for a large amount of players who did not even know there was a glitch, or even heard about it until the servers went offline.

jmho

Let's be honest, many people commenting are just jealous, it shows.

But yeah, I do understand what the extent of the problem could be if this is not corrected. Well, then it's up to the GM's to take care of this. Taking away extra million dollars from people who got them in a non-correct way won't do any harm. If those people whose money is being taken away wants to leave.. let them leave. They know they got their money due to a glitch. It doesnt even belong to them, they cant complain if GM's take it back.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm just wondering about one thing. Will there be a roll back?
    Personally, i dont want a roll back, but i know of a lot of ppl that will be pissed because they spammed WC thinking there will be a roll back. b:laugh
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    XChosenx - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just make up an ETA or mass panic will start...I HAVE MY MONITOR OUT THE WINDOW!!!! ILL DO IT!!!!!b:angry
  • Maladramatic - Heavens Tear
    Maladramatic - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm just wondering about one thing. Will there be a roll back?
    Personally, i dont want a roll back, but i know of a lot of ppl that will be pissed because they spammed WC thinking there will be a roll back. b:laugh

Lol thats a few tele's gone to waste spamming WC with no rollback XDb:laugh
  • Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    for those of you that are demanding a roll back theres a helpful option called "Uninstall" stop being carebear noobs and just demand the people be banned >.>
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm not calling for the GMs to do anything, mostly because the GMs are not the programmers and therefore they probably can't do anything.
    I'm just going to carry on playing Ether Saga for now and see what happens. Losing XP and a few coin wouldn't bother me, but the whole game economy being skewed towards the rich would, I've seen it happen in Rappelz, and that's why hardly anyone plays that anymore. When things cost 60million regularly, those of us that didn't manage to exploit/cheat (delete as appropriate) will be left suffering for it.
    Whether it's a rollback (which is highly unlikely as it would give the billing department a stroke) or that they have to go into the record of every single player that got money and reverse the transactions they made, correct the amount of money that they had and give people the items that the rediculously rich people bought off them, then I'll just take it when it comes. People leave your bi**ching 'til they've done something at least.
    Whichever does happen, one thing I can tell you, is finding the bugs, reprogramming, fixing, testing and then refixing things is going to take a long time. It's not like they can just hit a button and PING everything is fixed.

SHHHHHH and cross your fingers that everything will be ok.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol as an archer im dirt poor too >.< but we have the same chances as fully +ed gear divided by 10mil at getting any money. always was broke and always will be. lol well til higher levels i guess...idk. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ...There were far more people in pwi that spent their time grinding and questing than there were exploiting. I, personally, did not buy/sell any gold. I did not find any mobs that were dropping 50k coins. I did not get stuck in Etherblade lake. I was, in no way, affected by this patch. I will, however, be negatively affected if there were to be a rollback. I also happen to know, for a fact, that there are a LOT of people in the same position as me. Why should WE be punished for someone else's wrongdoing?

I am one of those people, had no idea of anything going on around me, while i was grinding XP. Got no huge influx of cash, and was not impacted at all by the patch. I on the other hand, wouldn't be effected terribly by a rollback either... a few hours game play for me, big deal, i can redo that. If it's for the betterment of the players, roll me back, no problem, i'll regrind the XP as necessary.
    for those of you that are demanding a roll back theres a helpful option called "Uninstall" stop being carebear noobs and just demand the people be banned >.>

trolling? and re the options, rollback, banning, makes little difference to me, as long as the gold/coins are removed from the economy... not sure how many of the 'exploiters' sent to alt accounts.... would they catch enough of them? who knows
  • Bat_Woman - Sanctuary
    Bat_Woman - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    one more question: how did they sell 150 pigments to a npc for 3 mil?
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Wow. Turn Sanctuary on... im gonna lose my mind...
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    get the server up i almost lvled b:surrenderb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
  • Suiel - Sanctuary
    Suiel - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I disagree with you.

People who lose theyr experience, speficially the lowbees do not get any events at all...

all events are for 40+ which is pretty annoying if there is a sudden exp loss, speficially for those who leveled from 0-10 or 10 levels during the this glitch would be in a disadvantage.

also, people who done fb 19 etc, will have dissadvantage to not use fb19 weap, sure quest can be re-done possible, but its still annoyign as **** to re-do it without you profiting of anything if there is incase an rollback. Only high lvls profit with the valentine event coming up.

No, the events are NOT for 40+, you've obviously missed several of them. And at your level, its much easier to level up than when you reach 60+. High levels will not profit from this as they have millions of experience points to lose, not thousands. BUT..The biggest problem is not the experience loss. The biggest problem is the devastation of a fairly stable economy and that is something ALL levels will feel for a very long time to come if something is not done about it. Try to look at the bigger picture people.

A rollback would hurt, yes, but a ban of those responsible won't fix the economy. Too much has already been affected and too much illicit money already in circulation. The damage has been done. Something needs to be done to fix it, or the all that experience will mean nothing.

I do not envy the GM's and moderators who are having to deal with this, but I wish them the wisdom and patience to bring them through this. Good luck to everyone and lets hope for the best possible outcome for ALL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    its 5pm i can start drinking...
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    get the server up i almost lvled b:surrenderb:sad

:O early gz then =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rifkind
    rifkind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It absolutely ASTOUNDS me as to how naive and greedy people are. Everybody thinks that selling gold in AH is exploiting a glitch?! It has been said several times in here already, yet everyone seems to ignore. I hope you listen now. PRICES IN THE AUCTION HOUSE ARE SET BY PLAYERS. NOT GM'S! Now, there are other glitches that have been exploited, but the AH was not one of them. Sure, it might have started because people were getting more money from mobs, but that's just how it is sometimes. Get over your greed and enjoy the game. It won't be long before all that money is circulated through all the players in PWI (in one way or another). The economy will balance itself. The best suggestion I can make right now is to keep gold prices fairly high to spread out the coins. Once mobs start dropping a regular amount of coins, the cash intake will be slowed and people will start spending more than they're making again. Eventually, once things start balancing out again, the price of gold will most likely drop again, and everything will, once again, be normal.

Hmmm...I heard this suggested somewhere before...as I recall it was during the Reagan years (y'all are probably too young to remember)...they called it "trickle down economics"...give more money to the rich and they will spend it and it will end up with the poor. And look how well that worked! Heh. It's been tried, it doesn't work, the rich always get richer, those in power always favor the rich and don't want to do anything to upset them, and the poor always get screwed - and the rich always argue that they shouldn't be punished for being rich and it will all even out in the end. Next you'll be telling us we'll be rewarded in heaven for our suffering here...

The fact is, it's too late to "undo" this. The damage is done, all that can be done now is damage control. A large number of people are and will be unhappy to one degree or another because of this event. The important thing is not to make any one person or group of people happy or unhappy but to minimize the overall impact on the game, both immediate and longer term. I do not think that doing nothing (other than fixing the bug) is the right way to minimize the impact. I hope that the GMs/developers are coming up with a better strategy than that.

A rollback is drastic and error-prone, particularly when external transactions are involved; I'm sure there is a financial motivation, but there's also a dba and customer service nightmare involved in trying to reset all the data and then re-apply real-money-for-gold purchases.

As one of the people who did not profit from this, I am discouraged that I am effectively going to be even more poor when I log back on than I was when I logged off, but I would be even more unhappy if my last gold purchase (for new fashion) was to disappear and I had to spend weeks talking to overworked customer service people trying to track it down.
  • sweetstoges
    sweetstoges Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Omg.....if I can't play I'll start singing....I swear I will! heheb:shutup
  • Bat_Woman - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Let's be honest, many people commenting are just jealous, it shows.

But yeah, I do understand what the extent of the problem could be if this is not corrected. Well, then it's up to the GM's to take care of this. Taking away extra million dollars from people who got them in a non-correct way won't do any harm. If those people whose money is being taken away wants to leave.. let them leave. They know they got their money due to a glitch. It doesnt even belong to them, they cant complain if GM's take it back.

duh we're jealous.. because its UNFAIR.. they get a major advantage over the game if they have that much money, they can pretty much buy wheat they want, and who knows what will happen to the prices of things?? Don't you think being able to buy anything might have an effect on prices just a little bit?
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    this is ****...Just give each player 1 mil... and ban the aholes who took advantage... That girl almost lvled and you cut her off what is that?
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Has anyone realized how every game's economy is shoot like the US's? b:laugh well wouldnt this also mean cheaper stuff? idk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maladramatic - Heavens Tear
    Maladramatic - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm not calling for the GMs to do anything, mostly because the GMs are not the programmers and therefore they probably can't do anything.
    I'm just going to carry on playing Ether Saga for now and see what happens. Losing XP and a few coin wouldn't bother me, but the whole game economy being skewed towards the rich would, I've seen it happen in Rappelz, and that's why hardly anyone plays that anymore. When things cost 60million regularly, those of us that didn't manage to exploit/cheat (delete as appropriate) will be left suffering for it.
    Whether it's a rollback (which is highly unlikely as it would give the billing department a stroke) or that they have to go into the record of every single player that got money and reverse the transactions they made, correct the amount of money that they had and give people the items that the rediculously rich people bought off them, then I'll just take it when it comes. People leave your bi**ching 'til they've done something at least.
    Whichever does happen, one thing I can tell you, is finding the bugs, reprogramming, fixing, testing and then refixing things is going to take a long time. It's not like they can just hit a button and PING everything is fixed.

SHHHHHH and cross your fingers that everything will be ok.b:cute

Amen to that Ex Rappelz player also economy on that is still mashed

at the end of the day if rollback happens it happens its no big deal tbh if you lost something go re do it i mean i spent majority of the game grinding outside archo for DQ items to sell make a little profit for myself gained a lvl or 2 aswell its not gonna change much wether we get rollback or not the only thing is without economy will be mashed for a week maybe two when all the coin resources of the exploiters dissapear from buying pots and all this extra gear economy will go back to its normall level at the end of the day its a game coins come and go as do players.

My View live with it stick with the game see what happens see if anything changes as people have said in the previous posts the server isnt that old its still in beta form an im sure the devs and GM's are doing everything they can do to sort the game and get the servers back up.

at the
  • Pepper - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    :O early gz then =D

thank u b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    its 5pm i can start drinking...

It's always 5PM, or thereabouts, somewhere
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maheegan - Lost City
    Maheegan - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am one of those people, had no idea of anything going on around me, while i was grinding XP. Got no huge influx of cash, and was not impacted at all by the patch. I on the other hand, wouldn't be effected terribly by a rollback either... a few hours game play for me, big deal, i can redo that. If it's for the betterment of the players, roll me back, no problem, i'll regrind the XP as necessary.

You must not have ANY IDEA how much grinding it takes for a lvl 88 character to gain even .1% !!! I grinded all Day for 5% ... Desperate to make 89, and y'all don't care about losing your experience.. but by God I do! Ban the offenders if indeed there are some... leave everyone's hard work alone! Pfft!

Come regrind mine too would ya? Bet ya wouldn't be so ready for reroll after about 10 hours.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Amen to that Ex Rappelz player also economy on that is still mashed

at the end of the day if rollback happens it happens its no big deal tbh if you lost something go re do it i mean i spent majority of the game grinding outside archo for DQ items to sell make a little profit for myself gained a lvl or 2 aswell its not gonna change much wether we get rollback or not the only thing is without economy will be mashed for a week maybe two when all the coin resources of the exploiters dissapear from buying pots and all this extra gear economy will go back to its normall level at the end of the day its a game coins come and go as do players.

My View live with it stick with the game see what happens see if anything changes as people have said in the previous posts the server isnt that old its still in beta form an im sure the devs and GM's are doing everything they can do to sort the game and get the servers back up.

at the

lmao oh yea lets not forget the epic inflation in rappelz. Bleh patience is a virtue.b:pleased Fridaythe 13th btw....O.o b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Omg.....if I can't play I'll start singing....I swear I will! heheb:shutup

AHHHH MY EARS ARE BLEEDING

lol jk jk
    i just wish people would learn to be patient and play ether saga or something. servers are down so what. emergency maitenece is what is needed so be it. quit wineing and go do something else for an hour or 2. take a shower, eat, go to the mall, play xbox w/e

i just hope this is solved with out a rollback >.< i still want my bloody red name b:angry
  • Bat_Woman - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    rifkind wrote: »
    Hmmm...I heard this suggested somewhere before...as I recall it was during the Reagan years (y'all are probably too young to remember)...they called it "trickle down economics"...give more money to the rich and they will spend it and it will end up with the poor. And look how well that worked! Heh. It's been tried, it doesn't work, the rich always get richer, those in power always favor the rich and don't want to do anything to upset them, and the poor always get screwed - and the rich always argue that they shouldn't be punished for being rich and it will all even out in the end. Next you'll be telling us we'll be rewarded in heaven for our suffering here...

The fact is, it's too late to "undo" this. The damage is done, all that can be done now is damage control. A large number of people are and will be unhappy to one degree or another because of this event. The important thing is not to make any one person or group of people happy or unhappy but to minimize the overall impact on the game, both immediate and longer term. I do not think that doing nothing (other than fixing the bug) is the right way to minimize the impact. I hope that the GMs/developers are coming up with a better strategy than that.

A rollback is drastic and error-prone, particularly when external transactions are involved; I'm sure there is a financial motivation, but there's also a dba and customer service nightmare involved in trying to reset all the data and then re-apply real-money-for-gold purchases.

As one of the people who did not profit from this, I am discouraged that I am effectively going to be even more poor when I log back on than I was when I logged off, but I would be even more unhappy if my last gold purchase (for new fashion) was to disappear and I had to spend weeks talking to overworked customer service people trying to track it down.

b:laugh thats soo true LOL. reaganomics= fail!
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    im only lvl 59 it feels like it takes forever to lvl she is 92... your evil for doing that...b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Pepper - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    You must not have ANY IDEA how much grinding it takes for a lvl 88 character to gain even .1% !!! I grinded all Day for 5% ... Desperate to make 89, and y'all don't care about losing your experience.. but by God I do! Ban the offenders if indeed there are some... leave everyone's hard work alone! Pfft!

Come regrind mine too would ya? Bet ya wouldn't be so ready for reroll after about 10 hours.

Maheeeeeeee b:bye
    lets do fb after this **** up and running
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    we need to get this rolling. its friday i dont have all night...
This discussion has been closed.