kazamura Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They will never be turned back on...b:angry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    XChosenx - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Turn it Back on!!!
  • Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The whole server will suffer from a broken economy.

how will there be a broken economy if the people that exploited the glitch are banned and whatever money that made is lost forever?
  • roytje
    roytje Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My opinion just ban the cheaters..
  • rubyian
    rubyian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    how will there be a broken economy if the people that exploited the glitch are banned and whatever money that made is lost forever?

Because those idiots won't be selling fashion anymoreb:chuckle
  • Fenian_i - Sanctuary
    Fenian_i - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It absolutely ASTOUNDS me as to how naive and greedy people are. Everybody thinks that selling gold in AH is exploiting a glitch?! It has been said several times in here already, yet everyone seems to ignore. I hope you listen now. PRICES IN THE AUCTION HOUSE ARE SET BY PLAYERS. NOT GM'S! Now, there are other glitches that have been exploited, but the AH was not one of them. Sure, it might have started because people were getting more money from mobs, but that's just how it is sometimes. Get over your greed and enjoy the game. It won't be long before all that money is circulated through all the players in PWI (in one way or another). The economy will balance itself. The best suggestion I can make right now is to keep gold prices fairly high to spread out the coins. Once mobs start dropping a regular amount of coins, the cash intake will be slowed and people will start spending more than they're making again. Eventually, once things start balancing out again, the price of gold will most likely drop again, and everything will, once again, be normal.

Asking for a rollback is foolish. Why would the GM's do that? If they roll back the server, they're gonna end up losing more players than they would if they left it alone. There were far more people in pwi that spent their time grinding and questing than there were exploiting. I, personally, did not buy/sell any gold. I did not find any mobs that were dropping 50k coins. I did not get stuck in Etherblade lake. I was, in no way, affected by this patch. I will, however, be negatively affected if there were to be a rollback. I also happen to know, for a fact, that there are a LOT of people in the same position as me. Why should WE be punished for someone else's wrongdoing?
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    how the hell do you exchange a dress at the postbox for 150 random pigments?

you mean someone mailed a garment to an alt and 150 randoms came out 1 hour later at the other end?

Seriously.. I was unaware of this... if it's not a bug, how do you exchange clothes for dyes, and do you get to choose or do you just get random dyes?
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bat_Woman - Sanctuary
    Bat_Woman - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And for all those who complain about others having made more money in an hour than they made in a month... well, tough luck! Don't be envious and mind ur own business... or your own character. There'll always be somebody with a better armor or weapon... live with it and enjoy what u have.

shut up!! I'm sure your one of the people who used this to your advantage to make tons of money, anyone else would be pissed.
  • lextrux
    lextrux Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't want to be a whiner, but I wouldn't like the rollback, though I wouldn't complain if they do, because I understand.
    What I would do is the following: if some people got filthy rich by exploiting the bug just give everyone who earned less thant 1mil in the l or so extra cash (like a mil or so)? I think this is a more fair way to restable the PW economy?
    It's a win-win situation?

Greetings
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    jesus christ. people... a rollback IS MOST DEFINATELY NEEDED.

what part of "people made hundreds of millions of coins in a few hours" do you not understand?

what did they do with those coins? BOUGHT EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. and put it up for sale at a higher price.

you people wanna play in that kind of game? i dont. either DONT fix the coin bug and let EVERYONE use it to balance things out OR ROLL BACK THE SERVERS.

its more effort to track every single item and coin that each exploiter bought and sold. its not that difficult to "refund" the gold people bought with rl cash. in fact theres no need for a REFUND, just re-credit the gold to the account so all the player would need to do is re-credit it to the server.

and those of you who are so damn upset about a few lvls or purchases... that is NOTHING compared to the hell the game is going to be if they do not give us a rollback.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Tracking all the money will be nearly impossible, plus the AH's have been cleaned out of all the good stuff. If they do what you suggest then the economy will only suffer a short-term hit. I was more arguing rollback vs no-rollback and nothing done to the exploiters.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeavAngel - Heavens Tear
    HeavAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    WHO STARTED THIS ROLLBACK ****???? i havent seen any mention from a MOD or GM about a ROLLBACK ...CHILL OUT

Rollback 15 hours or your gonna lose ALOT of members..Stop bring greedy for once kty

No Mod has answered or supported this btw
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lextrux wrote: »
    I don't want to be a whiner, but I wouldn't like the rollback, though I wouldn't complain if they do, because I understand.
    What I would do is the following: if some people got filthy rich by exploiting the bug just give everyone who earned less thant 1mil in the l or so extra cash (like a mil or so)? I think this is a more fair way to restable the PW economy?
    It's a win-win situation?

Greetings

LOL give everyone 1 mil free to balance with those who made a few HUNDRED mil? uh.. no. and again LOL. the gms would have to give everyone like 200+ mil coin each to balance this ****.
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rubyian wrote: »
    Wow.....b:sad First part is stupidity on a whole new level. Second part is totally awesome.b:faint

HAHA YEAH, YOU'RE RIGHT... I noticed after I posted that it was quite contradictory and stupid (what I said in the first part, I mean)... but didn't want to re-edit.

As for the rollback, I agree... if someone gives me my $50 back. That's it :)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dont understand either...who stupid enough would pay 350k for 1 Gold...

Someone who could make a few millions with 1 gold paid 350k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • bcizzle420
    bcizzle420 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Of course this would happen to me.... The day I find out about this game and install it, I cant log in because of emergency maintenance... Oh well, I guess I dont know what I'm missing yet since I havent even been able to play
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i think they should make it so archers make more money. i never make money like wtf...
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And for all those who complain about others having made more money in an hour than they made in a month... well, tough luck! Don't be envious and mind ur own business... or your own character. There'll always be somebody with a better armor or weapon... live with it and enjoy what u have.

shut up!! I'm sure your one of the people who used this to your advantage to make tons of money, anyone else would be pissed.

Hahaha I wish I had taken advantage of it. As you wish too, I'm sure. However I only got 1m coins that I saved by selling all my rare pets and 5m that I bought using my own credit card... that's it.
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ...Who's going to give me that money back if there's a rollback? I guess no one of you people who's asking for it will do. I live in a country where dollars are valued 350% of our local currency. So I'm not losing $50, I'm losing about $175. So if you find a way to give me my money back, then roll the game back 2 months if you want. IF NOT, just fix the problem and let's all keep playing the way it is. Not even mentioning that I leveled twice today xD!

bye!

Im editing for the second time... I forgot to mention something. GM are capable of checking how much coins each of us have in our accounts. You can't have really saved up above 50m... it's not quite possible... so check on everyone having more than that amount and do what you have to do, ban if necessary... or take the money away from them. Punish those who are to be punished. NOT ALL OF US.

It will all depend on how much effort the GM's or other 'powers that be' want to put into it. I am sure a rollback, claim ticket, individual investigation of gold purchases, etc, can put it right. I am sure it would require some manpower resources... and likely a wait for your Gold to be refunded.... with due diligence paid to those who used rl cash/credit cards to make the purchase.

and its not the jealousy that impacts the game, It doesnt matter much if someone has a glowey toy and others do not, it's the fact, as mentioned numerous times, that the economy could suffer for a large amount of players who did not even know there was a glitch, or even heard about it until the servers went offline.

jmho
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    u wanna no who brought this roll back **** up me I did i was thinking i was in the roll back thread where the poll is and i was stating my opinion. after A gm quoted me i realized i posted that in the wrong thread ok geeze again>........<
    And btw i did apologize
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats Bs. now im gonna be more broke. just put the servers on i dont care.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

I did, and one mod confirmed there was a glitch with one cash shop item.

But soon after this same mod edited his/her post to remove this confirmation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • nolerum
    nolerum Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bcizzle420 wrote: »
    Of course this would happen to me.... The day I find out about this game and install it, I cant log in because of emergency maintenance... Oh well, I guess I dont know what I'm missing yet since I havent even been able to play
    *raises hand* you and i are in the same boat pal
  • Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    servers do keep logs trust me i know an i was suggesting a short term hit considering alot of people zhen and make mass ammounts of exp so a rollback would be a waste of time for everyone that likes to zhen. its srsly not hard to look for a IP address with a huge coin boost -_-

btw GM's if the servers arent up in time for TW whats going to happen?
  • lextrux
    lextrux Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL give everyone 1 mil free to balance with those who made a few HUNDRED mil? uh.. no. and again LOL. the gms would have to give everyone like 200+ mil coin each to balance this ****.

just the same, I didn't know anything about this bug, don't be mad at me?:s
    Let them just give anyone who didn't earn so much coin get a compensation? I thought everyone would be clever enough to understand what I meant, whining is not going to work, we do not own this game, we play it, all we can do is wait for the game devs to solve the problem and see what will happen!
  • Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback aint needed, The LOGS can solve anything, relating that issue.

Devs can adjust accounts automaticly depending if they actually have protection against rollbacks as there are on other mmorpgs....
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    people already jack the prices on everything. its crazy. i just wanna play. so bored. turn it on!!!b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • XChosenx - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    We should all just get like 1 mil. and that would be ok. im not gonna buy anybodys **** anyway.
This discussion has been closed.