Ability Wishlist

Options

Comments

• bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think a lot of these suggestions need to be more balanced. A lot of the abilities suggested are kind of one-sided and just make their own classes more invincible. Example:
    Class - Wizard
    Whispered Advice
    The spirits whisper advice which gives about 15 minutes of 150% XP. Cooldown of 30 minutes. At least this way, when we lose the 5% for dying, we have a chance to get it back.
    No Offense or anything, but this is just ridiculous. It's not like you're the only class that dies, and that'd be ridiculously cheap in later levels where you'll be better at soloing.
    Just trying to make a point, people need to think of skills that are more balanced, not skills to make you godly compared to other classes.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • songuy
    songuy Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    not really a skill suggestion, but it would be nice if mag classes could cancel casting/ channeling. I hate it when I'm casting a spell and notice that someone else is attacking that mob, just trying not to accidently KS anyone.b:cry
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    Options
    songuy wrote: »
    not really a skill suggestion, but it would be nice if mag classes could cancel casting/ channeling. I hate it when I'm casting a spell and notice that someone else is attacking that mob, just trying not to accidently KS anyone.b:cry
    can't you press esc?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • songuy
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:laugh wow, I totally missed that, thx. lolz b:thanks
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Prepared for an essay? I hope so.
    Class - Wizard
    Whispered Advice
    The spirits whisper advice which gives about 15 minutes of 150% XP. Cooldown of 30 minutes. At least this way, when we lose the 5% for dying, we have a chance to get it back.

Ya right free Trainning Esoteria for mage ... If you always die, it's because you're just not good with that class.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • songuy
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lolz, here's a funny one

BladeMaster-fist/claw users only
    skill- Kamehameha- fires an attack beam in a straight line for a great distance attack
    logic- would improve the odds of someone choosing the fist path and just be fun to watch.

for all u DBZ fans out there b:victory
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mage

MP to HP switch: Would be good in pvp but to gimp it enough to not be broken have it cut Matk damage in half.

Reason: Mages are extremely squishy and need some sort of fast HP heal. Our heal is ++ HP but the cast is too long to be practical.

Mage

All party Mdef shell: Allow Mages to AOE buff their Mdef shields.

Reason: Make us more useful in parties.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PurpleWitch - Lost City
    PurpleWitch - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Head to head, 1v1 mass pvp veno still kills me.
    ALSO u people need to learn to READ TO SKILLS

Fox Form
    Transform oneself into a werefox, under such status can only cast certain types of special skills, furthermore the physical defense increase 120% base on equipment value, precision rate increase 200%, and upper limit of mana point reduce by 20%.

OMG 120% pdef isnt enough. Also hell version gives u 10+m/s movement speed so good luck to anyone trying to jump u. Btw mages get 100% pdef shield soo much for them getting more.

Not all Venos play thier class in pure fox form. Maybe i should have been more clearer in what i ment.
  • Tikana - Heavens Tear
    Tikana - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You aren't serious right? BM have the most aoes in the game... If not please, tell me which class does. I know it's not a cleric

Thank you for making sure my wish list is correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyswyn - Sanctuary
    Alyswyn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    I think a lot of these suggestions need to be more balanced. A lot of the abilities suggested are kind of one-sided and just make their own classes more invincible. Example:

No Offense or anything, but this is just ridiculous. It's not like you're the only class that dies, and that'd be ridiculously cheap in later levels where you'll be better at soloing.
    Just trying to make a point, people need to think of skills that are more balanced, not skills to make you godly compared to other classes.

So give it a level limit on usefulness. /shrug.

I find it interesting that you dug through the entire post for the one that even I didn't think would be accepted, just to tell me that the suggestions are unbalanced. (Why wouldn't it probably make it? Because so many people buy esoterica. Otherwise, everyone would probably be able to craft them - for an exobitant number of mats.)

I'm sorry to say that - having read the majority of posts - that a lot of them would add power to classes that already are able to solo at lower levels and/or would unfairly unbalance PvP. Some of the skills, which are admittedly aimed at unseating the supposedly unbeatable veno, would make it that much easier for these classes to defeat wizards. (i.e. the suggested anti-magic buff for the cleric.) We are already beaten up. Religiously.

So, I halfway agree with you.

b:laugh

Besides, they asked what we would like to see for our classes, right? Where did they say that they had to implement it? Or, that our ideas had to be anything but our fantasies?

If I were the Devs, I would look at the whole lot of ideas. I would use them to get an idea of what the problems were. Then, I would do whatever I felt like with that information. We're not exactly shackling them to a computer and threatening their firstborn, here.

Frankly, if you want to be tired of something, be tired of all the focus on PvP in the forums. An MMO is about more than killing each other to prove who has the bigger muscles. There are elements of cooperation that I just don't see between the PvP players. At least, not in their posts.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Cleric
    Skill Suggestion - Pre-resurrection on self
    Logic - Clerics can resurrect others when they die, BUT... Squad members will expect a cleric to always hold a guardian angel, a 50k self-ress scroll, or have them go back to town if they die to go BACK once again to ress the remaining squad members.
    Nobody else will be willing to pay for the ress scroll, and its not our SOLE duty to avoid wasting melee HP charms/angels while for clerics, MP tick+ guardian angels+ 50k scroll + go-back-to-town. I think it would do justice for everyone if the cleric had a spell to cast a 'pre'-resurrection in case they die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alyswyn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ya right free Trainning Esoteria for mage ... If you always die, it's because you're just not good with that class.

It's not a matter of being bad at playing a wizard. I have played casting/ranged on other games before, quite successfully. (LOTRO, SW:Galaxies/JTL... You want difficult? Play an human artisan/carabiner.) The problem is that between apx level 20-25 and whenever the heck it is that we're supposed to be so great (80?), there are a lot of levels where wizards are more frustration than they're worth. You'll get off one or two shots and the monster is on you. The hit takes 20-30% off your 550-600HP.

Sure you might get lucky and stun them with one of your attacks, but don't count on it a second time.

As for running to avoid mobs? Have you looked at the mob locations? In some areas, they're packed in like sardines. (Around the Allies Camp is a good example of this.... I was there soloing with my veno earlier this week.) As a wizzie, you wind up being chased by a train, and heaven forbid you stop to cast again. You'll have four to five monsters on you in a heartbeat.

In the meantime, the mobs on the edge of the pack - which you might have had a chance at picking off - have been killed in two to three hits by the other players who rush past and into the pack... and survive to come back and kill them again.

Oh, and don't even think about trying to kill from the air. What should be a good tactic strategically results in the mob being able to regen near constantly because they can't get to you. Great if you're just after chi, bad if you need xp. (BTW, IRL there are quite a few armies that wished air superiority wouldn't be a factor... Mourn them well.)

If you want people to play a fantasy game, there has to be a viable casting class. Which - at the moment - appears to be the venomancer. Just as weak physically as the wizzie (when played mage-style), but at least it comes with a built-in tank.
  • Alyswyn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Cleric
    Logic - Clerics can resurrect others when they die, BUT... Squad members will expect a cleric to always hold a guardian angel, a 50k self-ress scroll, or have them go back to town if they die to go BACK once again to ress the remaining squad members.
    Nobody else will be willing to pay for the ress scroll, and its not our SOLE duty to avoid wasting melee HP charms/angels while for clerics, MP tick+ guardian angels+ 50k scroll + go-back-to-town. I think it would do justice for everyone if the cleric had a spell to cast a 'pre'-resurrection in case they die.

I agree.

What would you suggest for cooldown/mana cost?
  • Loxin - Lost City
    Loxin - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class-Barb
    Skill-Call of the Wild
    Logic-temporarily tames any creature it is cast on, making a temporary friend. could last for about 10 minutes. at the end of the aloted time the creature dies. it could have a certaint hit% rating based on player to monster level.

somthing like having a pet, but only to be used in battle.

or...

Elemental based abilitys?

-Barb-
    skill-blaze of battle
    logic- adds lesser fire damage for... say... 15 seconds
    and temporary +15 str

skill-Torential force
    logic- adds lesser water damage
    and tempo. +15 magic

skill-Eruption
    -adds lesser earth damage
    and tempo. +15 Dex

there could be levels and variations to the preceding 3

kay im done!!b:victory
  • thebalancege
    thebalancege Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class cleric or archer
    Skill dive bomb
    a physical attack for elves dropping out of the air like a bird swooping in on prey
    reason it would be an interesting attack for this race
  • Alyswyn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    plane wrote: »
    Think each elemental is disposable, and nothing carrys over from one summoning to the next. Elementals don't have loyalty, they don't gain experience, and they can't learn new skills (unless it's by improving the summoning spell). This would give the Wizards some tanks, let the Venos stay unique, and not pollute the arcane nature of the Wizard class with some monster taming.

I do like the summoning spell, if only b/c it would make it so that I didn't have to spend on items to have the same benes as a veno.... Hmmm... Would that unbalance? I'll have to think about that.... If you negated the potential unbalance with cooldown, that would negate the reason for the spell. I'll think about that further for comment.

BTW, the two quotes following are from two different articles on Wikipedia, emphasis is mine:

"In early modern English superstition, a familiar spirit, imp, or familiar (from Middle English familiar, related to family) is an animal-shaped spirit who serves for witchery, a demon, or other magician-related subjects."

"Shikigami (式神) are a kind of spirit summoned to serve a practitioner of onmyōdō, much like a western familiar. Shikigami (...) supposedly could, at the onmyōji's command, take a variety of human or animal forms, possess or bewitch people, and even cause bodily harm or death."

To return to the balancing act, I still feel that an actual pet is the best option since the programming already exists. It could be a quest reward or ask/pay a veno to capture. For those who dislike the idea of granting more power to a higher power wizzie, you could impose a damage limit on these pets or have an event where a wizard loses the ability to have a pet. (Pet perma-dies, storyline wizard has no desire for a new one due to mourning, etc.... yes, friends, we have a plot! b:chuckle)

Other factors: Perhaps a specialized food for the wizzie pet? (Some sort of astral associated treat.) Who would it drop from? (I like undead for this.) Who would sell it? (Pet tamer? Elder? New NPC?) We could have a whole new addition to the economy....
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To developers.

At least you can see there are 3 posts about non-combatant usefull pets for non-Veno class.

I hope you take that suggestion in consideration since it does not make any class better in combat than other.
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To developers.

At least you can see there are 3 posts about non-combatant usefull pets for non-Veno class.

I hope you take that suggestion in consideration since it does not make any class better in combat than other.

no but it does help all but 1 class so how is that fair? if they do something like that veno will have to be allowed a noncombat pet at same time as their battle pet.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    no but it does help all but 1 class so how is that fair? if they do something like that veno will have to be allowed a noncombat pet at same time as their battle pet.

Same as only Venos have batle pets and nobody else.
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I do like the summoning spell, if only b/c it would make it so that I didn't have to spend on items to have the same benes as a veno.... Hmmm... Would that unbalance? I'll have to think about that.... If you negated the potential unbalance with cooldown, that would negate the reason for the spell. I'll think about that further for comment.

BTW, the two quotes following are from two different articles on Wikipedia, emphasis is mine:

"In early modern English superstition, a familiar spirit, imp, or familiar (from Middle English familiar, related to family) is an animal-shaped spirit who serves for witchery, a demon, or other magician-related subjects."

"Shikigami (式神) are a kind of spirit summoned to serve a practitioner of onmyōdō, much like a western familiar. Shikigami (...) supposedly could, at the onmyōji's command, take a variety of human or animal forms, possess or bewitch people, and even cause bodily harm or death."

To return to the balancing act, I still feel that an actual pet is the best option since the programming already exists. It could be a quest reward or ask/pay a veno to capture. For those who dislike the idea of granting more power to a higher power wizzie, you could impose a damage limit on these pets or have an event where a wizard loses the ability to have a pet. (Pet perma-dies, storyline wizard has no desire for a new one due to mourning, etc.... yes, friends, we have a plot! b:chuckle)

Other factors: Perhaps a specialized food for the wizzie pet? (Some sort of astral associated treat.) Who would it drop from? (I like undead for this.) Who would sell it? (Pet tamer? Elder? New NPC?) We could have a whole new addition to the economy....

Well lets not argue so much abuot this...everyone has his thought about the class and about the game. And each person sees other ways depending how much they played a class.
    But I still want to say my opinion about this which is we should be still a little bit more realistic than to have fantasy. So about the pets I think Venomancers get pets because they can tame animals. A mage is has wisdom because he studied by books and experiments. So the main thing that they use spells and not a living pet by side of him...thats because he is a mage. And if you know more about the "mage culture" (as I call it) than you should know that mages are not summoners eighter to summon a zombie or a guardian. That summon mage type is more like a Necromancer one. And some mages have studied necromancy too but after a while tha Mage university has banned the Necromancy knowledge. Why? Because necromancy had many summoning skill awhat mages didn't liked I guess. And so they splitted and became enemies. And yes necromancers do have summoning skills but even they have no pet. But I hardly believe that necromancers are trained by water and earth magic. They have more fire and some wood and other infernal curses perhaps. But in this game are is Necromancer class only Mage. Although Venomancers are some common with Necromancers. Lol even the name is almost the same. But I say necromancers are still human and both gender and can they do more curses than Venomancers.

I understand it is hard wih it to keep up...This is why I suggest that they really could be faster channeling and casting spells. Since they have mastered the spells they should not need to take so long the spells as it is.

And I say They should have been learned how to be strong without a pet. And that can give some help too. They never learned to be with pets. And besides some players (as so as I)for choosed to play a mage because don't like the pets and bugs and other ugly creatures to be. I better want to kill the mobs myself than a pet to help. That's the beauty on it! You can say you killed a mob/boss or a player and not the pet.
  • LuneLain - Lost City
    LuneLain - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    class: Blademaster
    spell: Drake Bash; changing the current range from melee (weapon range) to 10 meters or more.
    logic: An axe BM needs a secondary ranged stun.

The ranged stun can be used for keeping a veno's pet away for a few seconds before it reaches the axe BM.
    In those few seconds of stun on the pet, the axe BM will be able to retarget on the veno or getting out of range of the venomancers attacks.
    It will simply increase the survivability of axe BM's against veno's and their pets, especially against the Phoenix's bleed.

The ranged stunning will also serve as keeping your target close when it's running away from the axe BM, and yes BM's have Ocean's Edge to slow their target but it has a chance of getting casted. The ability Fissure can be used instead but it has a lot more mana consumption and low casting range.

The ranged stunning will also serve as cancelling a secondary target's magic attack. You can use Roar of the Pride instead but it has a low casting range. To get in range you can use the Leap abilities but they consume Chi aswell. And in the end you would've only performed a stun and no damage.

You can use Cloud Spirit or Will of the Bodhisatva to get in range and or stay in range but they have 60 second cooldown. In that 60 second cooldown an axe BM will have trouble getting in range or out of range of his/her target(s).
    In those 60 seconds an axe BM's survivability is significantly lower.

All of the above listed will benefit the same way in air as on the ground.

Drake Bash's damage, cooldown, chi and mana cost are already good as it is. Since it consumes 1 spark and with it's current cooldown you avoid that the axe BM 'spams' the ability on his target the same way as Aoelian's Blade.

class: Barbarian
    spell: An ability that does aoe damage in a range of 5 meters which also generates threat/aggro. Only usuable in Tiger form.
    logic: They basically need another ability to use in Tiger form. But not just a random ability. It happens that the Barbarian or another player accidently aggro's several monsters. It is crucial that the Barbarian can take the aggro off of the player fast of all the monsters simultanously. 'Cause if the Barbarian can't take the aggro off of the other player(s) they just die in a matter of seconds. Especially non heavy armour using classes. Which includes the healing Cleric(s), and when the Cleric(s) die, pretty much everyone else dies unless they can get away.

With an additional threat/aggro generating ability in Tiger form the Damage Dealing classes have the chance of maxing their damage on the target(s). Especially Archers and Wizards have to worry less about taking aggro off of the tanking Barbarian. So they don't have to pause between attacks.

class: Cleric
    spell: movement enhancing ability
    logic: You can simply give the same ability BM's have; Cloud Spirit.

Clerics can use it just to travel faster from point A to B. They can use it to get out of danger, especially when they're targeted by 2 or more melee classes/monsters. They can use it to reposition themselves during TW/fb/HH to be out of range of any damage to heal themself and or ressurrect another player. It simply raises their survivability in pvp and pve situations which results in increasing the survivability of others since they can heal/ressurrect at a safer spot.
  • plane
    plane Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, you would balance this by not allowing the elemental to level up (you get one elemental for a 10-level range, and it's probably low on that range), having much less customability (their skills are fixed and elemental themed, so no flesh ream), and only having 4 to choose from.

I like the idea of a familiar of some kind, but it should be selected from a 'new' set of creatures as a quest at a certain (early) level, and unrepeatable. I'm thinking the forms should be something like frog, snake, cat, dog, maybe bat and/or wasp, maybe some kind of small, ugly demon type thing. You do the quest, select one of these, and it's your familiar forever (unchangable, or maybe changable through an Item Shop item). I like the idea of undead dropping food for it, and either the wizard trainer NPC or a new NPC could sell some kind of basic version. These creatures would all have decent Ph. Def, Mag. Def, HP, and/or Evasion, but low attack. They could also provide a bonus to the Wizard's MP regeneration while they're out, maybe proportional to their own health/loyalty. As for getting rid of them at some point, how about a quest at level 79/89 (cultivation requirement or something) where the Wizard ends up uniting with the familiar completely (also present in old english legends). The familiar fuses into you and becomes part of you to progress your level of cultivation or whatever. Tank is gone, but not gone. Anyway, that would require a LOT of coding to get working, I think. We're not talking about a new skill, or even a new monster, but whole new mechanics here.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If flesh ream is fixed, werefoxes need an anti-wb skill. And maybe a useful good ultimate nuke, or maybe sustained aoe, cause nova sucks.

Curse: weakness
    Blocks buffs that raise patk/hp, and lowers hp and patk by 10%.
    Duration: 2 minutes
    Recast delay 5 minutes.
    Buff blocking disabled in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Alyswyn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    plane wrote: »
    I like the idea of a familiar of some kind, but it should be selected from a 'new' set of creatures as a quest at a certain (early) level, and unrepeatable. I'm thinking the forms should be something like frog, snake, cat, dog, maybe bat and/or wasp, maybe some kind of small, ugly demon type thing. You do the quest, select one of these, and it's your familiar forever (unchangable, or maybe changable through an Item Shop item). I like the idea of undead dropping food for it, and either the wizard trainer NPC or a new NPC could sell some kind of basic version. These creatures would all have decent Ph. Def, Mag. Def, HP, and/or Evasion, but low attack. They could also provide a bonus to the Wizard's MP regeneration while they're out, maybe proportional to their own health/loyalty. As for getting rid of them at some point, how about a quest at level 79/89 (cultivation requirement or something) where the Wizard ends up uniting with the familiar completely (also present in old english legends). The familiar fuses into you and becomes part of you to progress your level of cultivation or whatever. Tank is gone, but not gone. Anyway, that would require a LOT of coding to get working, I think. We're not talking about a new skill, or even a new monster, but whole new mechanics here.

I would definitely like to have a different looking set of pets, though I'm not sure of the feasibility.

For coding the merger, it's not that difficult depending on the code that already exists - especially if you do it through an NPC. The NPC code would be something along the line of remove_item familiar and then adding points, such as setting value of dex to dex+5 or something similar. It's all math. The bonuses for merging would come from that. The functions already exist in temporary form, as they are used for the weapons and armor bonuses.

Item drops aren't that difficult either, when you are setting it up. It just depends on how they coded the spawning mobs.

I don't think it should be part of the cultivation quest, as those chains are too well set up already. How about just adding a new quest line (with no xp or spirit bonuses) to advance your familiar as you go along? At level 10, get the familiar. At level 20/30/etc, add to the familiar. Then at the last quest, you gain the previously suggested bonus based on the familiar.

For a good coder, this could be in the alpha testing stage in a day maybe five. The graphics team would be the ones having to do some revision if we wanted completely different pets. I think some of the already established ones would be good with mild alteration instead. i.e. Put a black colored skin on the kitty pet, wolf, etc, as most of the medieval definitions had the animal as black.

[Edit] New thought: have the familiar gain experience points as a direct result of quests completed instead of mobs killed. That would slow leveling down to be quite manageable. Code the NPCs basically like:

IF familiar THEN familiar_xp = familiar_xp + 1 (else would simply be to move to the next step.)

A single line of code. That's it.
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As a new player having chosen the wizard class I can say that the damage output of the wizard is reasonable. Also using Light Armor + Stone Barrier gives us reasonable physical defense. The problem is that regardless of if we use Light Armor or Arcane armor our hp is too low to allow us to survive more than a few hits.

Class: Wizard
    Skill Suggestion: Absorb. All damage taken for the next (5-10) seconds damages MP as opposed to HP. Cooldown of 30 seconds.
    Logic: Increases survivability

Alternate Skill: HP/MP switch. For 10-20 seconds wizard switches MP and HP stats. Cooldown 2 mins.
    Logic Not as good as absorb but for a longer period the wizard can soak up more damage at the expense of dealing damage (much less mp).

The other problem I see with the wizard class is that hailstorm and crown of flame need slight fixes:

Class:Wizard
    Skill Suggestion: Hailstorm. Increase freeze % to 40.
    Logic: The damage output and cast time of hailstorm make it useless. By increasing the freeze chance the skill becomes far more useful.

Class: Wizard
    Skill Suggestion: Crown of Flame. Debuff patk of target in addition to the DOT.
    Logic: Pitfall does more damage in addition to giving a slow and a small freeze chance while Crown of Flame has no real reason except to stack a DOT. This makes Crown of Flame redundant. By giving it a small % patk debuff it becomes a wanted skill.
  • Hecatrice - Heavens Tear
    Hecatrice - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class - Cleric

Well said dear!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sephy287
    sephy287 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As I play all the classes Ill make a list of some skills that I thought up in order of which I think would be most useful.

class: Venomancer
    skill: Enchantment – a passive skill that allows a Venomancer to enchant
    non-magic weapons that she has equiped (normal swords, double
    blades, hammers, etc.) thus allowing the use of fox form and fox form
    skills with non-magic weapons.(maybe pet skills also)
    logic: This would add an entirely new way to play Venomancers as you
    could then use this to specialize in fox form and fox form abilities, as
    the way these abilities are set up now it relies on physical attack
    through a magic weapon, which sucks. This would make fox form
    much more usuable as non-magic weapons have better phys attack
    and endurance. Also a Venomacer choosing to specialize in this could
    use heavy armor by choosing to give up most of their magical damage
    by using stat points in strength instead thus adding to the usefulness
    of fox forms defense bonus.

class: Blade Master
    skill: Aura of the Sliver Bell (going with a complement to Golden Bell) – this
    skill would be as Aura of the Golden Bell except it does magic defense.
    logic: This would come in handy against the magic using monsters and
    bosses, and would be a nice addition to party buffs.

class: Archer
    skill: Elven Blade Form I-IV(?) a couple of skills to add some melle use to
    the class such as added damage for blade types, bonus to crit with
    blades, and a few blade weapon skills
    logic: This would give the class a more ranger like feel and allow them to
    have a way to switch out to melle when things got close. Also I
    chose blades as it is the weapon type that includes double blades
    wich would make more sense for a ranger type class to use and if Im
    not mistaken double blades are all about crit % which is what Archers
    are typically good at.

class: Cleric
    skill: Elven Regeneration – a passive skill similar to Barbarians to give the
    cleric a slight boost in HP regen 2-3 points maybe then a higher level
    of it that could give +2-3 points MP regen, then maybe a few more
    levels to add a couple more points to each totaling out to maybe 5-6
    points of regen for each.
    logic: Elves are usually known for having some form of regeneration better
    than humans, and clerics being well versed in magic could have
    learned to amplify this trait thus the extra HP regen. As for the MP
    regen that would just be helpful at later levels as clerics are always in
    need MP and it also allows the skill to be different from the Barbarians
    HP regen skill and gives it lvs to progress in while keeping it weaker
    than the Barbarians regen.
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I find it interesting that you dug through the entire post for the one that even I didn't think would be accepted, just to tell me that the suggestions are unbalanced.
    Well, actually, yours was just the closest and most obvious, which is why I chose it...
    I could find others if you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    class: wizard
    skill: will of phoenix
    make the sage of the kockback work in pvp/duel/pk
    logic: wizzy is gimp
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Class- Blademaster
    Skill Suggestion- Skill that increases attack speed for a short duration
    Logic- it'd make blademaster more deadly ;D also might give us a better chance against wiz's/clerics

UR KIDDING ME RIGHT? wizzy is so gimp
    an average bm could probably own a average mage
This discussion has been closed.